Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Hey, this is kinda vague but Im looking for a movie that is told from the perspective of a man trying to accomplish certain tasks and he keeps being stopped by a cop, who he later kills. The perspective shifts and we see that the main character is an escaped criminal or something and the cop was a good guy.

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
its a little off but ya might be talking about Memento

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Hat Thoughts posted:

its a little off but ya might be talking about Memento

It does seem similar but thats not quite it! Thank you though.

If it helps I remember it being a good study of how framing someone as the protagonist makes the audience root for them, even if they are doing really terrible things. I believe it was an older film as well.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 6, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I'm looking for a film I studied once, a french film from the 80s or early 90s, about teenage criminals living in the inner city, notably a young couple who committed robberies of some kind together I think. They had a couple of friends too. They were all very close and had baths together. One of their robberies got out of hand and lead to some kind of rift in the group. Not much to go on I know but would like to see it again.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm looking for a film I studied once, a french film from the 80s or early 90s, about teenage criminals living in the inner city, notably a young couple who committed robberies of some kind together I think. They had a couple of friends too. They were all very close and had baths together. One of their robberies got out of hand and lead to some kind of rift in the group. Not much to go on I know but would like to see it again.

La Haine?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Wandle Cax posted:

Killing Zoe?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Wandle Cax posted:

Could it be Spanish and not French? Sounds to me a bit like Deprisa, deprisa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTgThX-0FPU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah it's definitely French, not black and white, not in English, and definitely set in an inner city, although maybe thinking more there is a chance they have travelled to a foreign city possibly in America, I'm pretty vague about what city it was but maybe there was something about them being outsiders

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I think this movie was from the late 80s/early 90s. The protagonist was some bug-like alien or mutant, I think and I distinctly remember he was fighting some monster with an elephant head. At some point, I think the good guy gets grievously wounded by getting a gem or part of his carapace pulled off. He may have had a motorcycle?

A scene from another movie from the same time frame. A monster is being cured by a doctor, and she's pulling off parts of his arm scales revealing human skin underneath. She gets kidnapped, and before the monster goes off to fight the bad guys, he takes a knife and skins off the healed part of his arm, and he's got green blood/goo coming out.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

A lady ?assassin? takes a shot out of her bathroom window and kills/wounds someone in like a victorian costume and wig. Her boyfriend charges into the bathroom and they argue for a bit, then he leaves and its revealed she hid her sniper rifle in the bubble bath

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think this movie was from the late 80s/early 90s. The protagonist was some bug-like alien or mutant, I think and I distinctly remember he was fighting some monster with an elephant head. At some point, I think the good guy gets grievously wounded by getting a gem or part of his carapace pulled off. He may have had a motorcycle?

A scene from another movie from the same time frame. A monster is being cured by a doctor, and she's pulling off parts of his arm scales revealing human skin underneath. She gets kidnapped, and before the monster goes off to fight the bad guys, he takes a knife and skins off the healed part of his arm, and he's got green blood/goo coming out.

The first one might be The Guyver

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

RentACop posted:

A lady ?assassin? takes a shot out of her bathroom window and kills/wounds someone in like a victorian costume and wig. Her boyfriend charges into the bathroom and they argue for a bit, then he leaves and its revealed she hid her sniper rifle in the bubble bath

Point of No Return, 1993?

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

RentACop posted:

Not sure if it hits all the details here because it's been a long time since I've seen it, but I'm thinking maybe it could be La Femme Nikita.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

SimonCat posted:

Point of No Return, 1993?

Yeeaaahh this is it, thank you. The boob grabbing and ravioli kiss scenes were are also burned into my young mind. Speaking of which:

IMDB posted:

"Claudia buys cans of Progresso Ravioli in the store, and then serves that ravioli at dinner. One can easily see the areas of the ravioli that do not have sauce on them. The sauce is atop the ravioli, which clearly indicates that the ravioli was cooked separately and the sauce was placed over the pasta later. However, canned ravioli would have a completely different appearance; it would have sauce dispersed evenly all over each ravioli."

What a goof! I hope someone got fired for that

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Longshot: A fairly modern movie where a man and a woman are conducting an investigation and their search leads them to an old folks' home, where they find a relative of their victim or suspect. It might have been set in 20-40s LA, and the retirement home was in the style of a Spanish villa with a tile roof.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Chinatown?

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember liking a movie (pretty shure it was french) about a deranged old man kidnapping a guy in his twenties, who moved to a flat near him with his gf, to keep as a son. I remember old man had a realdoll as a "wife" and was a tapdance enthusiast. Any clues on the name?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lester Shy posted:

Longshot: A fairly modern movie where a man and a woman are conducting an investigation and their search leads them to an old folks' home, where they find a relative of their victim or suspect. It might have been set in 20-40s LA, and the retirement home was in the style of a Spanish villa with a tile roof.

Wrong city, wrong decade, but something very similar happens in S1 of Daredevil.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

That's it, thanks!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

oldpainless posted:

The first one might be The Guyver

That's it! Thanks!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's probably not the same movie but you've reminded me of a movie with a similar concept. It would most likely be a movie from around 2010 (give or take) with a title like "Hunters" or some word similar to Adversaries. There's a crash on some desert/rocky type planet and a set of soldiers are trying to survive. They've got spacesuits on the whole time and are being hunted by some monster. But I think you find out that they're non-humans under the spacesuits and the monster hunting them is a human being. I remember it being pretty neat for a direct to DVD movie.

Edit: And I found it. Hunter Prey from 2010. IMDb didn't have any keywords for it so I couldn't find it under "Alien".

And the whole thing is on Youtube too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KG-iiwbtA

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 9, 2017

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
Somehow a movie came to mind recently that I can't identify for the life of me. Timeframe was 80s or early 90s, and it was about a group of mental patients who escape from the hospital to find their doctor, who had gone missing.

One of the patients was a heavyset guy who liked to quote commercials, I remember him randomly saying "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"
Another was delusional, thinking he was actually the doctor's assistant
Another patient was a nudist for reasons of faith, claiming "we are all naked in the eyes of the Lord"
I'm picturing another one of the group as played by Michael Keaton, but I've combed through his Wikipedia page and can't seem to find a match. This guy, no matter who played him, was prone to bouts of violence (I think)

At the end they find the doctor, who is in a hospital bed, apparently dying.

I've given a lot to work with; what movie was this?

Capn Jobe fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 11, 2017

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Capn Jobe posted:

Somehow a movie came to mind recently that I can't identify for the life of me. Timeframe was 80s or early 90s, and it was about a group of mental patients who escape from the hospital to find their doctor, who had gone missing.

One of the patients was a heavyset guy who liked to quote commercials, I remember him randomly saying "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"
Another patient was a nudist for reasons of faith, claiming "we are all naked in the eyes of the Lord"
I'm picturing another one of the group as played by Michael Keaton, but I've combed through his Wikipedia page and can't seem to find a match. This guy, no matter who played him, was prone to bouts of violence (I think)

Mixed nuts.

Edit, poo poo, no it's not. I've seen your movie too and apparently for years I had the title wrong.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 11, 2017

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Capn Jobe posted:

That was The Dream Team, with Michael Keaton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8acQeociWak

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
That actually looks fairly funny, like if Cuckoo's Nest was more of a comedy. Does it hold up?

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Skunkrocker posted:

That actually looks fairly funny, like if Cuckoo's Nest was more of a comedy. Does it hold up?

It's very much of its time, and though my opinion is colored by nostalgia, I think it does. Lloyd, Boyle, and Keaton all do great jobs.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A sleezy Euro-trash flick about a guy cheating on his wife constantly at some like vacation estate on a rocky beach, but at the end of the movie to the two female characters basically tar and feather the guy and suffocate him. IIRC they used honey instead of tar. Definitely had to be from like the late 70s or maybe very early 80s.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 16, 2017

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I asked this once before, years ago:

Sometime in the early 90s I saw part of a movie, probably on PBS. The key element is that a father is joyously swinging his son around inside a house, and the kid is having a great time until the father accidentally hits the kid's head on some furniture or a wall or something. I think the kid dies?

Non-essential, possibly misremembered details:
- looked like a period piece, early 1900's maybe
- they were maybe in a cottage in a big field somewhere
- Irish??

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I am not sure if this is film or a comedy sketch, but I remember person A saying something like "It's just one of those mysteries, like how magnets work" and person B responding with a "yea... wait, you don't know how magnets work?"

I swear I've heard it somewhere recently, but cannot offer anything more than that. Only googling finds links to ICP lyrics that are not the same as what I am thinking of.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Spiteski posted:

I am not sure if this is film or a comedy sketch, but I remember person A saying something like "It's just one of those mysteries, like how magnets work" and person B responding with a "yea... wait, you don't know how magnets work?"

I swear I've heard it somewhere recently, but cannot offer anything more than that. Only googling finds links to ICP lyrics that are not the same as what I am thinking of.

Seems familiar to me, like from a stoner comedy like Grandma's Boy or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm looking for a made-for-tv horror film, like a Poltergeist rip-off. I'm currently checking out 'The Haunted' (with Jeffrey DeMunn) to see if that's it, but so far, I don't think it is. One of the main scenes I recall has the parents in bed, and they look towards the open bedroom door, and there's the silhouette of a man there. Then he walks away, so one of them goes to investigate and there's no one there.

It was loving terrifying to me, and it's even creeping me out all over again while typing this out. Sort of off-topic, but I always get creeped out by specific things like that, when you see the results of something that shouldn't be but you don't see the thing itself. In this case, it's a matter of 'what the gently caress could be causing the silhouette?', but another example is the end of Blair Witch, where I wonder 'what could possibly cause Mike to forget about Heather and make him just stand calmly in the corner?'. Or in the Mothman Prophecies (it's been a long time since I've seen it), who the hell was on the phone that made that loud noise?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I haven't seen it, but is it possibly Salem's Lot? I know it involves a figure in a window that scares the poo poo out of anyone who watches it, and it was a made-for-TV film by the director of Poltergeist.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I haven't seen it, but is it possibly Salem's Lot? I know it involves a figure in a window that scares the poo poo out of anyone who watches it, and it was a made-for-TV film by the director of Poltergeist.

While that right there is goddamned terrifying, no. It's definitely a silhouette, it's definitely a made-for-tv movie, and most certainly not Stephen King.

I feel like there were a bunch of these lovely Poltergeist knock-off tv movies back in the 70s to early 90s, weren't there?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Not remembering any scene in particular is there any chance it could be Amityville?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Amityville just has a pair of loving creepy eyes in the daughter's bedroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNHFpAMPTfg&t=30s

Windows were a mistake.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If you have the time and patience you can browse the titles at this link and see if anything jogs your memory.

https://www.truetvmovies.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ruddiger posted:

If you have the time and patience you can browse the titles at this link and see if anything jogs your memory.

https://www.truetvmovies.net/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Holy poo poo, I can't wait to check all of these out. I used to be addicted to ghost movies, and have probably seen a large handful of these.

Meanwhile, while I'm still checking out The Haunted, while it might not be the film I'm looking for, Jeffrey DeMunn just got raped by a ghost :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BaF-YgmBNk

Around the 48 minute mark, maybe a little bit before.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha, holy poo poo he looks like Uncle Jack from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I just thought of a few old supernatural/horror films that I remember seeing as a kid, but can't for the life of me remember the plots/names of.

One was a sad old(?) man in a spooky house. At one point a ball comes rolling/bouncing down the stairs, but there's nothing at the top of the stairs except one of those creepy old wicker wheelchairs.

Second one, a man with a total 70s mustache is in his bedroom, and a ghost throws him though the window and he falls to his death (into a pool, maybe?). I don't remember anything else about the plot, but it sticks in my mind because the guy was naked when he fell to his death, and my little child mind was wondering 'are they allowed to do that in a movie?!' because the shot of him falling was full on frontal nudity. Then again, my dad took my brother and I to see Starship Troopers when I was all of 10; I was shocked they could show naked breasts on screen. I was naive back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was shocked they could show naked breasts on screen. I was naive back then.

I can't help you with your requests, unfortunately (is there a thread that's for campy tv-movie horror films? Because I would read the gently caress out of that :toot:), but I felt the same way about Under Seige 2, when they show some woman sunbathing topless. :eyepop: