Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, Sinclair doesn't really care as long as ROH keeps sending them weekly shows they can dump on the local affiliates at 1 a.m. or whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NotQuiteQuentin offered a very intelligent answer.

But the human side is that Joe Koff ROH's CEO considers Delirious like a son. There's been outright coups to overthrow Delirious but Koff want listen to criticisms/grievances.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Chris James 2 posted:

Christopher Daniels is gonna win a world title :unsmith:

I hope so! He's the man.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kelly left ROH as he needed a nap per Meltzer: http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/kevin-kelly-leaving-full-time-position-ring-honor-229486

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal. Kelly has been mediocre at best as an announcer dating back to his WWE days. Him being the voice of ROH has made the company look lame as he presents an uncool image. His claim to fame is being the guy The Rock would always make fun of and refer to as hermie.

Btw, War Machine are booked on the Honor Rising shows, but wait they are headed to WWE.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. He just left his office job due to the added stress of doing commentary for New Japan. He'll still be doing announcing work as freelancer. Just more ammo ROH haters are trying to use against the company. Even if he was gone it's no big deal. Kelly has been mediocre at best as an announcer dating back to his WWE days. Him being the voice of ROH has made the company look lame as he presents an uncool image. His claim to fame is being the guy The Rock would always make fun of and refer to as hermie.

Btw, War Machine are booked on the Honor Rising shows, but wait they are headed to WWE.

Cool gimmick

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Roque11 posted:

Have you started an ROHMecca site yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

Kevin Kelly is not even 100% gone. Even if he was gone it's no big deal.

Actual children make more logical arguments

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who in the hell is even left to announce at this point? Kelly, Corino, Nigel all gone.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
kevin kelly was not fired only his shadow was

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MotU posted:

kevin kelly was not fired only his shadow was

its a large shadow to fill.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Who in the hell is even left to announce at this point? Kelly, Corino, Nigel all gone.

It will be the scintillating team of Delirious and Caprice Coleman.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Make it Delirious and Mark Briscoe, and I'll start watching ROH again.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

NotQuiteQuentin offered a very intelligent answer.

But the human side is that Joe Koff ROH's CEO considers Delirious like a son. There's been outright coups to overthrow Delirious but Koff want listen to criticisms/grievances.

At the Dragon's Reign event, my dad and I were at the end of a row on the side of the curtain and halfway during Elgin-ACH, Koff walks out, puts his hand on my dad's shoulder and just watches the rest of the match like that. It was loving weird.

This was the same show where the 500 pound guy behind me bent the steel chair in half.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
One time at the rec center RoH runs out of in Chicago Ridge, Kevil Kelly asked if he could cut in front of me in the urinal line because the show was about to start and that place only has one bathroom.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Cool gimmick

Oh my god.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
ROH has internal people who could probably do they job well (Alex Shelley is probably better off as a commentator or at least in a Corino type role anyway) but they'll just hire Joey Styles and use Whittmer because they're not too smart.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I cannot imagine a way ROH could murder the interest I have in them faster than Whitmer and Joey Styles on commentary.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Suplex Liberace posted:

I cannot imagine a way ROH could murder the interest I have in them faster than Whitmer and Joey Styles on commentary.

They could hire Matt Striker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Maybe Kevin Kelly is just sleeping.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Benne posted:

He's probably on a separate contract to call shows for NJPW World

Man even the commentary team is just using ROH as a catapult to get into New Japan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

duyarvish posted:

ROH has internal people who could probably do they job well (Alex Shelley is probably better off as a commentator or at least in a Corino type role anyway) but they'll just hire Joey Styles and use Whittmer because they're not too smart.

Whitmer would own though.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Whittmer (or anyone) with Joey Styles would be really bad because Joey Styles has JR disease and hasn't given a modicum of an effort to do decent commentary in a very long time

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow hard to believe RoH could survive without Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino, possibly the worst commentary team on the planet earth

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Wow hard to believe RoH could survive without Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino, possibly the worst commentary team on the planet earth

you haven't listened to Striker/Hugo/Vampiro on commentary for AAA

"DOING IT FOR BENGHAZI!"

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hell, that's why I'm doing it. When I get to Hell I'm posting with Vile Rat.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

duyarvish posted:

Whittmer (or anyone) with Joey Styles would be really bad because Joey Styles has JR disease and hasn't given a modicum of an effort to do decent commentary in a very long time
Joey Styles has Bell's palsy ??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ian Riccaboni and Silas Young announced at tapings last night.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/James_amaya23/status/827758179933102080

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did Cody not get the Bullet Club dress code memo?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

that seemed wildly unsafe

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
idk how safe it is or isn't but he got his hand up and Cody aimed kinda off to the side so i'd guess it looks crazier than it actually was

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/828769857768476672

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That match is gonna be fuckin great.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Was Dijak not friendly with Delirious? It don't follow why ROH wasted him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As revealed on MLW Radio last night ROH is no longer using Kevin Sullivan. Personally I thought his stuff was the worst part of the recent product. BUT he was greatly liked and helpful towards the locker room. Sullivan was a political actor back in the day but now he's a 67 year old man who was just happy to get out of the house these days. But a paranoid Delirious and Koff felt he was too much of a threat so they axed him.

Meltzer will likely report it as they let him go as Corino left mid storyline. Much like the Truth Martini departure.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

good

Sullivan sounded half in the bag everytime he spoke and that storyline was poo poo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/829416722562158592

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hosed up that they can't give away seats to see Christopher Daniels finally win a world title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I think the 2-day packages on ticketmaster are just screwed up because here are the charts for PPV:

and TV:

Still not great though. They should definitely start announcing matches and talent. Also when did ROH move over to ticketmaster? I thought they were doing alright with Showclix. I think those 2 rafter seats might be premium value.

Oh and lol at wrestling twitter who don't know how to take a screenshot or clean their computer screens.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 8, 2017

• Locked thread