Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Saint Snow's song is cool. SIF when.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Saint Snow's song is cool. SIF when.

Have some self control, it'll come out soon enough.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
That's not soon enough!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's not soon enough!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Forgot to come post here about it. Sorry for potato phone camera, but Maki made it safe and sound.

PS - Her lantern comes with an LED so it actually lights up. I was unreasonably excited about this.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Forgot to come post here about it. Sorry for potato phone camera, but Maki made it safe and sound.

PS - Her lantern comes with an LED so it actually lights up. I was unreasonably excited about this.

It's a really good figure

Figure Unboxing
Figure Review

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHHHHH CHIHAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i finally understand

three chihayas

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it kinda sucks that htey just straight up changed a bunch of personalities just ot make the anime less cutthroat but og imas really is way better than cg, if only because they can focus on each girl a lot more...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
うぅうぅ

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
three chihayas seems like a huge pain in the rear end, tbh

one is enough

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zenostein posted:

one is enough

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

one is enough

Et tu, Zeno????????????????

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are the og imas games really cutthroat or something

i think i liked the OG anime better than CG because haruka was a better anchor than shimamu and her mio problems but both are good

also i really like SHINE now. i didnt like it as the replacement opening theme but its a gorgeous melody

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu posted:

it kinda sucks that htey just straight up changed a bunch of personalities just ot make the anime less cutthroat but og imas really is way better than cg, if only because they can focus on each girl a lot more...

Yeah, I remember Yukiho getting a ton of focus.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think i liked the OG anime better than CG because haruka was a better anchor than shimamu and her mio problems but both are good

also i really like SHINE now. i didnt like it as the replacement opening theme but its a gorgeous melody

I've only played the PSP version but I gave up.

Starting with Yayoi made poo poo easy at first, but then mid-game I had trouble because her stats weren't that good.

Whereas with Chihaya I failed in the beginning because it's so easy to get her moody.

I still love her though.

Chihaya love.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its funny when they go from the verite intro with haruka on the train to yukiho digging a warner brothers cartoon hole in the span of like 1 ep

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Super No Vacancy posted:

cutthroat is exactly how i'd describe the early games; everyone is basically competing with each other. you get a decent look into this with miki since they don't chnage too much about that with her, especially this last battle she has with haruka where she straight up says she sees it as a competition. also notice how often takane interacts with yukiho in the anime, that's sort of a small joke since in the games takane is a TOTAL BITCH towards yukiho all the time lol. but in the anime she's supportive as gently caress towards her.

platinum stars decided to lessen the cutthroat ness and just have them like each other because fans preferred it like that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I prefer it like that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Makes shipping easier.

Like-shipping is better than hate-shipping.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

its funny when they go from the verite intro with haruka on the train to yukiho digging a warner brothers cartoon hole in the span of like 1 ep

no she's just really strong. her dad's in "construction" y'know?

Super No Vacancy posted:

Kinda? I only played a bit but Hibiki definitely thinks everyone in your agency is some sorta sex criminal, because Kuroi. It's not exactly like idol-stuff is squeaky clean and the games don't really cheerfully ignore that whole aspect of it, even if they're overall fairly light. But I mean, the anime isn't exactly Perfect Blue or anything, y'know?

Hate-Senpai posted:

Et tu, Zeno????????????????

what? you only need one prima donna. it's right there in the name.

I'd be fine with an army of Harukas, tho

e.

Futaba Anzu posted:

cutthroat is exactly how i'd describe the early games; everyone is basically competing with each other. you get a decent look into this with miki since they don't chnage too much about that with her, especially this last battle she has with haruka where she straight up says she sees it as a competition. also notice how often takane interacts with yukiho in the anime, that's sort of a small joke since in the games takane is a TOTAL BITCH towards yukiho all the time lol. but in the anime she's supportive as gently caress towards her.

platinum stars decided to lessen the cutthroat ness and just have them like each other because fans preferred it like that.

This too, it's a lot more buddy-buddy when everyone's on the same team.

But there's still that tension between Haruka's "let's all be pals and work together" and Miki's "gently caress you i'm gonna be a star." Because they're idols at the same agency, rather than "an idol unit."

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 9, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There are never enough Chihayas.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

one Chihaya is more than enough

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NEVER ENOUGH CHIHAYA.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
NEVER.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EVER!!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

chihaya is ok

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chihaya is love.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

hi Zep-senpai

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Die!!!!!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

Platinum Stars has like 1/100th the dialogue anyway, there isn't anywhere near enough interaction to support anything complex. Which is unfortunate, but otoh I don't have to spend too much mental effort trying to translate the words when I'm playing it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Platinum Stars has like 1/100th the dialogue anyway, there isn't anywhere near enough interaction to support anything complex. Which is unfortunate, but otoh I don't have to spend too much mental effort trying to translate the words when I'm playing it.

i wonder if that reduced amount of interaction might be indicative of them being more willing to add ml and cg to it later. a real monkey's paw situation tbh

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

i wonder if that reduced amount of interaction might be indicative of them being more willing to add ml and cg to it later. a real monkey's paw situation tbh

Interesting thought, it would be a lot easier to just add a new person as a full member like this, minus they'd have to be limited to whatever songs they have recorded.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

That's because it's made by iM@S fans using all their favorite iM@S memes.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Christmas Cake posted:

That's because it's made by iM@S fans using all their favorite iM@S memes.

you rang? (polsy)

Come for the "blowing into a cartridge slot, but with soundclips from deresute," stay for the "dead alice is the boss of donkey kong or somethingpoo poo idk videogames, all i recognized was a mario, a megaman, and a pokeman

e.

tip of the iceberg, baby

superedit

oh no all my gems are gonna go into dresses aren't they
drat you namco

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 9, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dress shop

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I saved up 50 gems to try and get devil nico. I didn't, but I did get a nice SSR idolized Hanayo so now I have the "I Love Rice" Rice Queen. I don't know how to feel about this, because rice is cool and good. I think I can understand Hanayo's gimmick. It's what's kept me from becoming serious about bodybuilding. My cousin and uncle are both bodybuilders, and my cousin told me I'd have to drop the rice if I wanted to get serious. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I'm gonna buy the pretty dresses