Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Easy Ched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Easy Ched

I need a buddy for a...thing, you wanna team up?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/07/dean-bouzanis-to-face-ffa-panel-over-besart-berisha-racial-slur

quote:

The A-League’s match review panel has determined the Melbourne City goalkeeper has a case to answer after cameras caught him twice calling Albanian Berisha a “loving gypsy” late in Saturday night’s fiery derby at Etihad Stadium.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I hope he gets banned for a million games not because of the racism but because he's a proper little twat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Beckhams emails got hacked and an injunction to stop the stories being released has failed since other countries media published them

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/06/hacked-david-beckham-emails-renders-injunction-worthless

quote:

It detailed Beckham’s “angry pursuit of a knighthood”, including how he described the honours committee as “a bunch of cunts” after he was overlooked for the honour.

It also examined how Beckham’s advisers discussed billing Unicef for a business class flight to Cambodia for a trip as part of his work as a “goodwill ambassador” – although Beckham’s team have since made clear this did not in the end happen.

It referred to other emails between Beckham and his team about handling the former England captain’s public image and ensuring he remained seen as a man of the people.

The cache also included emails between Oliveira and Beckham about “a red flag” HM Revenue and Customs had put on his nomination for a knighthood due to his involvement in an alleged tax avoidance scheme and Beckham’s exasperation that he had done nothing wrong.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Do they say whether Beckham's emails are all written in comic sans or not?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
lol imagine desperately wanting to be knighted. What a prat.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

I hope he gets banned for a million games not because of the racism but because he's a proper little twat

I don't have a problem with this but I also don't have a problem with calling someone a gypsy

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is calling someone a loving gypsy a racism though :raise:

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Bea Nanner posted:

Some players just don't like it up them.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

PirateBob posted:

Yeah kinda. He got 5 weeks for 'use of discriminatory language and/or gestures, including racist, religious, ethnic or sexist'

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

PirateBob posted:

Hi

Allow me to answer

Seriously, yes. Gypsy populations are crazy in cities like Tirana, Vlorë, Durres and other big population cities (Berat isn't that bad). Gypsies routinely beg for money, don't have a home, steal, gently caress, and die. It's not uncommon to see them selling popped corn ears or nuts for a leke or two. If you are Australian, it's akin to being called an aboriginal.

Joke answer is of course not and he probably had his car broken into after that.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Soulex posted:

Hi

Allow me to answer

Seriously, yes. Gypsy populations are crazy in cities like Tirana, Vlorë, Durres and other big population cities (Berat isn't that bad). Gypsies routinely beg for money, don't have a home, steal, gently caress, and die. It's not uncommon to see them selling popped corn ears or nuts for a leke or two. If you are Australian, it's akin to being called an aboriginal.

Joke answer is of course not and he probably had his car broken into after that.

Can you suggest a final solution to this gypsy problem?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

Can you suggest a final solution to this gypsy problem?

You could stop posting lmao

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Soulex posted:

Hi

Allow me to answer

I thought being a gypsy was more of a lifestyle/culture than a race, but ok.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

PirateBob posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

PirateBob posted:

You could've gone and stopped being a yokel with the Internet and some modicum of knowledge about searching for Wikipedia articles tbh.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
The Gypsy Lifestyle.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Soulex posted:

If you are Australian, it's akin to being called an aboriginal.

lol

this is a really bad metaphor on so many levels, but also the man being called a gypsy is albanian.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

PirateBob posted:

You do know that human "races" as such don't exist either right? Just making sure.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

oliwan posted:

You do know that human "races" as such don't exist either right? Just making sure.

*piratebob voice* it's not racist to hate muslims

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

lol

this is a really bad metaphor on so many levels, but also the man being called a gypsy is albanian.

I'm just going off what I was told. It's likely the guy who hosted me for a bit was just racist towards aboriginals, but he made it seem like all they did was huff gas and steal poo poo.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

he wasnt wrong but calling someone an aboriginal is far more like calling someone romani

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'd say gently caress gypsies tbh

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

he wasnt wrong but calling someone an aboriginal is far more like calling someone romani

Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

PirateBob posted:

iirc the tyson fury kind of "gypsies" that you get in the UK are fully ethnically distinct from the actual romani racial grouping that exists in eastern europe

sometimes you'll see them given a specific racial designation of irish travellers, but as it turns out "my dad stole copper wire for a living, and his father before him" isn't actually a race

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I think being nomadic tends to help too.

Either or Berisha is an OK dude who didn't deserve that poo poo.

I'm assuming here. I fully believe he wears track suits from a fake Adidas or whatever. And can do the soviet squat.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Gypsies make for the best footballers.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Ok lets talk about something else.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Soulex posted:

I think being nomadic tends to help too.

Either or Berisha is an OK dude who didn't deserve that poo poo.

I'm assuming here. I fully believe he wears track suits from a fake Adidas or whatever. And can do the soviet squat.

Berisha once tried to have a fight with an opposition player in the carpark after the game.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Byolante posted:

Berisha once tried to have a fight with an opposition player in the carpark after the game.

Haven't we all?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Soulex is married to a loving gypsy so I trust his opinion.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Gigi Galli posted:

Ok lets talk about something else.

drat I missed it

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Soulex is married to a loving gypsy so I trust his opinion.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That's hosed up dude.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Soulex posted:

That's hosed up dude.

Congratulations, what's his name?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Soulex posted:

That's hosed up dude.

Enough about your knees

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Byolante posted:

Isn't that how you get a contract in the A-League?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fat Lowtax posted:

Isn't that how you get a contract in the A-League?

Our contracts are actually a special type of work visa only open to people fleeing warcrimes warrants from eastern europe

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Isn't there some weird poo poo that prevents some home grown players getting out of the league? I thought it was something like that I read or saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Soulex posted:

Isn't there some weird poo poo that prevents some home grown players getting out of the league? I thought it was something like that I read or saw.

It's because they are loving poo poo at football