Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

ChickenHeart posted:

I wish I wasn't broke when the kickstarter was happening; is there any way I can budge into those reward tiers/tsundere basketball-men now that I have actual spending money?

I know they had the direct paypal support on the site, that's how i got my vidcons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ChickenHeart posted:

I wish I wasn't broke when the kickstarter was happening; is there any way I can budge into those reward tiers/tsundere basketball-men now that I have actual spending money?
ToG is lazy about more than posting updates. They're also lazy about taking your money.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

ChickenHeart posted:

I'll sell you mine if you aren't concerned about the stains. Gently used!

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
The new update was very very good. Barkley 2 will be GOTY in 2023. The Promise Has Been Made.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gortarius posted:

It isn't BUT (lol using spoilers for this) you can cheat and skip in line, which is what I did for the sake of making that vid. If you do it legit there is a joke's that goes with it as time goes on. The legit wait is also like 10 minutes.

I'm glad this was spoiled because now I can laugh with gusto at for corporate streamers who wait in line the whole time.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm Lawful/Idiot so I'll probably wait legit the first time around

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Everdraed posted:

That update content looks really cool, with some especially gorgeous character spriting and animation going down. Frankie does great stuff! I still need to get a body pillow for my cyberdwarf, can't believe I've put that off for almost five years now haha.

I think it's been a year or two since I last offered, but once again I'd like to formally say 'yo dawg if there's some way i can help out ur project i'm down.'

You should do this.

Great update by the way, the stuff that's there looks hilarious!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Take the help ToGsters

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yes imo they should accept or at least acknowledge the offer rather than rudely ignoring it

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
Mandatory JoJo reference spotted

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

Yes imo they should accept or at least acknowledge the offer rather than rudely ignoring it

Developing Barkley 2 is a fate I wouldn't wish even upon my worst enemies.

Ironically my worst enemies are the people on the B2 dev team.

Everdraed posted:

That update content looks really cool, with some especially gorgeous character spriting and animation going down. Frankie does great stuff! I still need to get a body pillow for my cyberdwarf, can't believe I've put that off for almost five years now haha.

I think it's been a year or two since I last offered, but once again I'd like to formally say 'yo dawg if there's some way i can help out ur project i'm down.'

In all honestly I think we're good for now... but thanks anyway.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

if u need me im an ideas guy

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Gortarius posted:

Developing Barkley 2 is a fate I wouldn't wish even upon my worst enemies.

Ironically my worst enemies are the people on the B2 dev team.

In all honestly I think we're good for now... but thanks anyway.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Hey everdraed, I think they should have you really over-animate an enemy and have a 1gb dlc just for that enemy's sprites. The togsters are really dropping the proverbial visionary ball on this one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

feel free to include my extremely good pozzo let's play, featured here in this thread, on the dwarf net

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
To be completely honest, I think that a very obscure, secret, optional, nightmarishly difficult megaboss animated with Everdraed's distinctive brand of hypervibrant visual dread would be:
  • Sweet as hell,
  • A fine challenge for true doom murderheads,
  • Sweet as hell,
but I understand that accepting content from outside volunteers can sometimes invite unwanted Corporate Attitude from lawyer's and publisher's. When I play this game with my grandchildren, I will simply have to dream of what might have been.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Angry Diplomat posted:

To be completely honest, I think that a very obscure, secret, optional, nightmarishly difficult megaboss animated with Everdraed's distinctive brand of hypervibrant visual dread would be:
  • Sweet as hell,
  • A fine challenge for true doom murderheads,
  • Sweet as hell,
but I understand that accepting content from outside volunteers can sometimes invite unwanted Corporate Attitude from lawyer's and publisher's. When I play this game with my grandchildren, I will simply have to dream of what might have been.

Instead of this, what if they released the game

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Under the vegetable posted:

Instead of this, what if they released the game

Early access games can be pretty finicky, especially when they come out over six years ahead of the release date.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Alert alert warning arooga arooga
The final Gun's Stream is starting in 5 minutes~~!!
only 12 gun's left to draw!!!! And perhaps we will be joined by other togsters on stream if Liam gets to Canada on time? Hes on a plane, moving to a temporary new TOG headquarters for a burst of live collaboration work with GZ over the next few weeks.

Watch the stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

tfw frankie zooms out on all of the guns

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Looking forward to the zauber drawing stream.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tallgeese posted:

Looking forward to the zauber drawing stream.

You want Zaubers? Heh, I'll show you zaubers...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tokamak posted:

tfw frankie zooms out on all of the guns
Someone make a gifv or whatever and post it in the thread.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Khorne posted:

Someone make a gifv or whatever and post it in the thread.

Yeah I want to see that. It will be like staring into the gate from 2001: A Space Odyssey where David says "Oh my god, its full of stars" except its guns's.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/829547101067440128

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
definitely my favorite part of the stream: Frankie was brainstorming what a denin crossbow should look like. I suggested he should use a belt buckle

he says nah, already did that for a different design, and scrolled to an entire family of gun's with belt buckles

jesus christ, this game.

i've been very complainy, and i don't exactly feel bad because ToG has been poo poo at communication, but this is really a massive game and i think it's going to be a lot of fun in 2027 or whatever the joke-but-actually-serious release is

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
its going to be a lot of fun and branch more than alpha protocol in my dream world

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FreeKillB posted:

Loving the FFT reference.

littlemoney

how appropriate

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Looks like Frankie isn't the only person to reach a pixel art milestone...

https://twitter.com/JUSTIN_CYR/status/829196024631681024

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

Looks like Frankie isn't the only person to reach a pixel art milestone...

https://twitter.com/JUSTIN_CYR/status/829196024631681024

Welp. *rubs hands in a tub of butter* Looks like I got my work cut out for me.

jim bag
Jun 5, 2004

We need to collect the seven chaos in order to defeat the true last boss, the F.I.N.A.L.G.U.N.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
the final gun was a pair of jeans that shoots rockets i think. the only thing you'll need those chaos stones for is to properly wash them :colbert:

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The EX boss shoots all the guns. The arena is many times larger just to accomodate all the action.

The fight takes place inside of the latest Chinese supercomputer because all the guns will require immense simulation power.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im a denim boy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol that booty night club video.

LMAO

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 13, 2017

dv2700
May 10, 2010

SirPenguin posted:

i've been very complainy

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

Filtering your posts was very flattering :3:

dv2700
May 10, 2010

SirPenguin posted:

Filtering your posts was very flattering :3:

pretty sure i know you from a different website where you were a mod and also garbage

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
https://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow
Streaming right now, making a gruesome death animation for a duergar, maybe some more animations later too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

huge updates incoming