Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So are growth stats fixed or at least semi fixed? Because a level 24 Peri with 24 HP seems a bit fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Anemone posted:

Anyone rolling multiple Takumis? Wondering if I should shoot for a second one.

The median number of orbs you will spend chasing Takumi is 120 or so. The number of orbs to have a 95% chance at him is about 450. This is assuming you only roll on gray summons; it gets worse if you do 5-pulls.

Put your orbs into the Devotion banner if you want but don't go in with the mindset of trying to get Takumi, down that road lies whaling

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

PJOmega posted:

So are growth stats fixed or at least semi fixed? Because a level 24 Peri with 24 HP seems a bit fragile.

A character's final stats at level 40 are somewhat fixed--it picks one stat to give +3 to, one to give -3 to, and then randomly gives a stat either +1 or -1. The levelups leading to 40 might be random though? I'm not really sure.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

3% * 1/38 is 0.08%, not 0.0024%

C(38,1)*[.03 * 1/38]^2 is the chance to get a duplicate 5*. You're stating the chance to get a specific 5*.

Anemone posted:

If you want to spend a few hundred dollars then go for it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

akulanization posted:

C(38,1)*[.03 * 1/38]^2 is the chance to get a duplicate 5*. You're stating the chance to get a specific 5*.

Oh I misunderstood your post, yeah getting two of the same non-focus 5* in the same pull is super unlikely

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Jesus gently caress, dude. Takumi is hella strong.

PvP he wiped my entire party by himself. Being able to always counter is super strong. god drat.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Astra has been a giant crutch for me, going for advanced wins for the February quest. I've run into some truly absurd lv35+ enemies in the arena that I was only able to oneshot due to Astra and Defiant Attack 3 on Lyn. God help me if someone runs a 5* Effie or some poo poo.

I wonder how many people have dueled my team, seen my Lyn, and gone "gently caress this guy", but Lyn's gimmicks seem pretty easy for humans so play around so idk :v:

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 7, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

PJOmega posted:

Peri is fairly fragile in general, mine's around that state as well. Supposedly she evens out a bit more later, but her niche of speedy fragile mage-killer is more or less true to her base game counterpart.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I cant imagine caring enough about a mobile game that you start minmaxing your party to the point where you go make an entirely new account to get the thing you want

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Anemone posted:

I rolled two, one with lower HP & Attack than my other which is triggering me a bit. WTA colour coverage hasn't been a problem since I have Robin for neutral/red, Lucina for green and Robin is pretty much the only common and strong blue character who isn't punished by falchion/bow, or else the Takumii just kill everything anyway.

FWIW rolling for a specific character is generally a bad idea in gacha (ignore my rolling Lucina first try) but I've seen a shitload of double Takumi teams in Arena

Note: I'm not F2P but I've only spent $20 on the game and that was after rolling the Takumis

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ostentatious posted:

I cant imagine caring enough about a mobile game that you start minmaxing your party to the point where you go make an entirely new account to get the thing you want

Rerolling on an emulator takes about 60 seconds and can be 90% automated

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Am I missing something with Physic ability ? the description says "Restores 8 HP to target and all allies within 2 spaces of target". I've never seen it heal more than one person no matter what the positioning of the target and allies.

Edit: Apparently it's a bad translation and not actually aoe.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
They are going to nerf Takumi, right? At some point soon? Unless you own his hard counter then landing him in pvp (esp. when he's alongside a weak team so he lands in the beginner tier) it might as well be renamed the "Just hit the surrender button" arena. I can't kill him because in the attempt I die from the bounce back 99% of the time, because his counter is too drat strong. I have wiped to a single Takumi.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
get someone with a brave weapon and kill him in one strike?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

deathbot posted:

They are going to nerf Takumi, right? At some point soon? Unless you own his hard counter then landing him in pvp (esp. when he's alongside a weak team so he lands in the beginner tier) it might as well be renamed the "Just hit the surrender button" arena. I can't kill him because in the attempt I die from the bounce back 99% of the time, because his counter is too drat strong. I have wiped to a single Takumi.

They generally don't nerf things in gacha games, they just introduce better units / power creep or new units who hard counter older ones. Expect a 3% rate 5* unit with bowbreaker that has advantage over colourless units or something in a month or so

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've got Takumi and I've wiped to a single Tiki before. It's just a matter of match-ups and positioning.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Arena definitely feels tougher this time run, at least to my poor team with the only real unit being Hector. Running into a lot of Tikis and Chrom/Lucina/Marths now that just chew him up. A lot of them are also gaming it by running low-level units and/or Olivia to bring their average level down.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've found that strategically ending my turn early to get a counterattack+attack next turn has been useful against teams aith higher attack. Less so for speed based ones though.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

cheetah7071 posted:

A character's final stats at level 40 are somewhat fixed--it picks one stat to give +3 to, one to give -3 to, and then randomly gives a stat either +1 or -1. The levelups leading to 40 might be random though? I'm not really sure.

This doesn't sound quite right? My Roy has -3 health and +3 speed from his bases with no other changes at 40, and my Camilla has +3 Attack and -3 Res from her bases again with no other differences.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I wish I could have 5 characters in a party. 4 just feels like 1 too few.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Heaven Spacey posted:

Astra has been a giant crutch for me, going for advanced wins for the February quest. I've run into some truly absurd lv35+ enemies in the arena that I was only able to oneshot due to Astra and Defiant Attack 3 on Lyn. God help me if someone runs a 5* Effie or some poo poo.

I wonder how many people have dueled my team, seen my Lyn, and gone "gently caress this guy", but Lyn's gimmicks seem pretty easy for humans so play around so idk :v:

I just lost to a double lynn team... I crushed one of them but the second walked through me.

Lacking a 5* lancer is really starting to hurt.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

hooman posted:

I just lost to a double lynn team... I crushed one of them but the second walked through me.

Lacking a 5* lancer is really starting to hurt.

Subaki actually does pretty well as a Lyn check even at 4*. Get a double off on the counterattack thanks to Quick Riposte, then finishes her off on his turn.

Double Lyn's trickier though. I might actually go train up Gwendolyn to handle all these lords. Also leaning towards switching from Serra to Clarine - the -6 ATK debuff the latter provides is pretty useful.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I still don't have anyone that can take a hit from one of the strong red physical attackers. Handling them is getting pretty tricky since I have to either kill them before they get an attack off or sacrifice someone.

At least I'm getting pretty good at tricking the AI to do the things I want it to do.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Does anyone else have a 404.1 MB download for Fire Emblem Heroes every single day or is something just really borked with my phone? Or is there a different sized download everyday and it screwed that up?

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Fancy Hat! posted:

Does anyone else have a 404.1 MB download for Fire Emblem Heroes every single day or is something just really borked with my phone? Or is there a different sized download everyday and it screwed that up?

Something gone wrong for you, haven't had any downloads since it was first released.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

PureRok posted:

I wish I could have 5 characters in a party. 4 just feels like 1 too few.

:same:

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak
I don't know if this was cleared up already but I can confirm units will end up with different stats at max level now:

(They're not both 40 but you'll notice the lower level Lucina has more strength):

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

If you upgrade just at level 20 from 3* to 4*, would you get enough SP to buy all skills?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, assuming my next pull doesn't give me someone good, which of the following green characters is most worth putting effort into? I have Barst, Arthur, and Anna, and the Hard quests for the month include killing level 20+ enemies with a green ally, so in order to get through all these I'll need to get one of these losers to not-terrible levels.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Anemone posted:

I don't know if this was cleared up already but I can confirm units will end up with different stats at max level now:

(They're not both 40 but you'll notice the lower level Lucina has more strength):

mmm, so what's your career path?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

gninjagnome posted:

If you upgrade just at level 20 from 3* to 4*, would you get enough SP to buy all skills?

You get 3 SP per near-level kill, so don't worry about it, if you really need to you can grind that poo poo out.

Anemone
Dec 28, 2008

piak piak

Tired Moritz posted:

mmm, so what's your career path?

I wanted to do a mass pull for a youtube video... and it's tax deductible... those are my excuses...

:negative:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Eliwoods art is fuckin weird man, what's up with those eyes.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I got Catria and Merric on my first round of summons and Roy and Sakura on my second and been using them to power though the story and won 3 round a arena with them.

Somethings I swich in Arthur or Virion if needed.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Subaki actually does pretty well as a Lyn check even at 4*. Get a double off on the counterattack thanks to Quick Riposte, then finishes her off on his turn.

Double Lyn's trickier though. I might actually go train up Gwendolyn to handle all these lords. Also leaning towards switching from Serra to Clarine - the -6 ATK debuff the latter provides is pretty useful.

I have a 4* cordelia who I am levelling up, I have a 3* Subaki but I'll see how cordie goes first.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, assuming my next pull doesn't give me someone good, which of the following green characters is most worth putting effort into? I have Barst, Arthur, and Anna, and the Hard quests for the month include killing level 20+ enemies with a green ally, so in order to get through all these I'll need to get one of these losers to not-terrible levels.

I'd say Anna. There was that stat average sheet that showed her as a surprisingly strong character in the long run and looking over her max skills, she doesn't look half bad. If you got at least 2200 feathers from this VS arena then you can actually get her to 4* right now and test it out for science if anything (unless you have some god-tier 4* that you want to save for like female Corrin.)

The thing is mobile developers that create games based on a license like this one are notorious for favoring their own creations so it's probably a safe bet she will be a decent axe to invest into. Plus, it wouldn't be right fair to people who dont reroll if at least one of the starting characters was halfdecent after full upgrade.

Jarogue posted:

I got Catria and Merric on my first round of summons and Roy and Sakura on my second and been using them to power though the story and won 3 round a arena with them.

Somethings I swich in Arthur or Virion if needed.

Try out that Cordelia, she's really busted especially in the early game, but a bit of an exp hog.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 7, 2017

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I really wish this game had a starter pack that gave you 20 of each badge and 20,000 feathers

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fancy Hat! posted:

That's the recover data from nintendo account download so your phone is screwing something up for you.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
RT for the feathers if you have a twitter I guess

Nevermind it's already met

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Heaven Spacey posted:

lol lyn is a free kill in arena, i'll pick her and flyers over most anyone else