Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jay Rust posted:

That is pretty smart. But it still requires you to escape twice, which is specifically what I don't enjoy doing...

It's my fault, probably, because I generally prefer slowly walking around like I'm roleplaying as The Smooth and Confident Hitman instead of running everywhere
47 is the ultimate smooth and confident hitman, and as the reveal trailer showed, a big fan of running. Embrace it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

NRVNQSR posted:

That reminds me; I completed Landslide recently with SA, and I was awarded the SA challenge in the post-mission screens, but the score screen only gave me four stars; it claimed I had missed "Never Spotted". Anyone know how that might have happened? It seems like a weird bug.

That happened to me once on a featured contract where I had to melee kill people with a knife. Nobody detected me, no bodies were found, no evidence was left and only the targets were killed. The only thing that happened was one guy turned and saw me at the moment a knife flew into his face. I guess that counted as 'being spotted' but frankly that really shouldn't count if you dispose of the only witness.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
ICA is extremely concerned about vengeful ghosts.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

ICA is extremely concerned about vengeful ghosts.

If I wasn't on mobile I'd post that video of Agent 47 killing the easter egg ghost in the hotel level of one of the earlier games.

No contract mode in that one so sadly we've not yet been able to put a hit out on a ghost.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Hitman takes place in a world where forensic optography works.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Hitman takes place in a world where forensic optography works.

Just have to delete that evidence then, too.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ugh, navigating the level while getting the motorcycle challenge in hokkaido is a pain. There's too many possible witnesses. Anyone know of a fun contract that's not sadistic (e.g. 4 targets in the middle of a crowded room) and also not "kill the guys right next to the disguise"?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I'm level 19 on Hokkaido and running out of the easier challenges. I'd easily be done already but both emetic syringe and emetic food poisoning makes Yuki go to a bathroom and throw up in a garbage can instead of a toilet, which is pretty frustrating. I've also tried to trigger her evacuation but she always just goes into her room instead of going in the cable car where I can get the challenge for dropping it.

Any tips for either of those?

Edit - i guess i could try the emetic on a contract, does that count for the "all kill types" challenge?

Also, for those with 4K TVs - the new HDR capability just puts a gray dim effect over the whole screen which looks like poo poo. When I go into the HDR gamma correction the square in the middle is pretty dark gray no matter what, it never blends into the white like the game says it should. What's the deal? Samsung KS8000 (NA)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

AdmiralViscen posted:

I'm level 19 on Hokkaido and running out of the easier challenges. I'd easily be done already but both emetic syringe and emetic food poisoning makes Yuki go to a bathroom and throw up in a garbage can instead of a toilet, which is pretty frustrating. I've also tried to trigger her evacuation but she always just goes into her room instead of going in the cable car where I can get the challenge for dropping it.

Meet Yuki as the Director. Take her out to the cable car. Yap a bit. When she turns around, instead of pushing her off the balcony, bean her with a soda can. Walk away. After a minute or two the guards will discover her unconscious body, wake her up, and she'll immediately get put in the trolley. You know what to do.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

pull the fire alarm, that should have them lock her down in her room, and after a while they'll evac to the elevator. If the firealarm is insufficient, kill a few bodyguards (possibly set up an explosive beforehand like the exploding phone?).

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Meet Yuki as the Director. Take her out to the cable car. Yap a bit. When she turns around, instead of pushing her off the balcony, bean her with a soda can. Walk away. After a minute or two the guards will discover her unconscious body, wake her up, and she'll immediately get put in the trolley. You know what to do.

Or just turn around and shoot all her bodyguards as the director after the conversation, and she'll make a break straight for the cable car alone. for drowning I poisoned the water bottle in her room and she went for the toilet there

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 7, 2017

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

NRVNQSR posted:

That reminds me; I completed Landslide recently with SA, and I was awarded the SA challenge in the post-mission screens, but the score screen only gave me four stars; it claimed I had missed "Never Spotted". Anyone know how that might have happened? It seems like a weird bug.

The Never Spotted-mechanism isn't nearly as binary as you'd think, and especially the ratings screen SA and the SA challenge use different versions of Never spotted, which is why you see speedrunners do poo poo like shoot people in the legs and then knock them out or run straight past people surprised by an explosion, even though they're trespassing at that point.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Mash posted:

The Never Spotted-mechanism isn't nearly as binary as you'd think, and especially the ratings screen SA and the SA challenge use different versions of Never spotted

Can you explain a little better what are the differences?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

AdmiralViscen posted:

Edit - i guess i could try the emetic on a contract, does that count for the "all kill types" challenge?

Also, for those with 4K TVs - the new HDR capability just puts a gray dim effect over the whole screen which looks like poo poo. When I go into the HDR gamma correction the square in the middle is pretty dark gray no matter what, it never blends into the white like the game says it should. What's the deal? Samsung KS8000 (NA)

for the evac:

start in suite, immediately exit, beat the poo poo out of the guard just outside your door and take his gun. go back to your suite, to the balcony - look left, that's where yuki spawns (and where the cable car is). she will try to leave, once it says she's escaping, just shoot the top part of the car that connects it to the cable

boom (literally), done

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Mash posted:

The Never Spotted-mechanism isn't nearly as binary as you'd think, and especially the ratings screen SA and the SA challenge use different versions of Never spotted, which is why you see speedrunners do poo poo like shoot people in the legs and then knock them out or run straight past people surprised by an explosion, even though they're trespassing at that point.

I have done escalations where I've shot people who were looking directly at me and still got SA. It's a weird one.

E: Just found the master key in Hokkaido and got my first SASO with it, that's me officially mastery 20 in all locations. Feels good.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 8, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Got 7 challenges in one run on Pro Colorado. So far it's paradoxically the easiest on Pro, due to the high number of targets. SOSA is going to be a mess, though.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Thanks for the tips, but I tried shooting guns and hitting guards and she would never go into the car. I wound up just doing the Ovderkill one after looking up what the redacted challenges required.

Still don't get what's going on with the 4K. If I back out of the game before it loads my save (where HDR is disabled) it puts the dim effect on the PS4 dash too.

It's kind of annoying that they didn't fix the issue where you don't get a trophy if you complete a challenge that gives you rank 20 but don't finish the mission properly. The new patch finally unlocked my mastery 20 trophies for past levels, which was a welcome surprise, but sure enough I mastered Hokkaido and I got nothing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I banged out almost all of The Icon tonight in hardly any time at all. The unique deaths aren't very elaborate in the steps you have to take or items you have to gather and they're almost all contained in the one tiny area. Once I got into the movie set it was easy to do them back to back with loading saves.

I only have the one last Opportunity to do and I get the little Iconator doll. Hurray. More explosives that I don't use.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

AdmiralViscen posted:

Thanks for the tips, but I tried shooting guns and hitting guards and she would never go into the car. I wound up just doing the Ovderkill one after looking up what the redacted challenges required.

Still don't get what's going on with the 4K. If I back out of the game before it loads my save (where HDR is disabled) it puts the dim effect on the PS4 dash too.

It's kind of annoying that they didn't fix the issue where you don't get a trophy if you complete a challenge that gives you rank 20 but don't finish the mission properly. The new patch finally unlocked my mastery 20 trophies for past levels, which was a welcome surprise, but sure enough I mastered Hokkaido and I got nothing.

One thing that might mess with it is if you're directly blocking her direct path to the cable car she won't run past you to get to it. Try killing her guards in front of her then backing away to the hospital entrance to let her make a break for it. Shoot her in the leg once for good measure if that doesn't work.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is there a tried and tested way of getting Caruso to take his plane? I shot him in the leg with the Sieger and he just ran downstairs.

After a while he figured it was OK to go back to the garden but I shot him again and unintentionally killed him.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

nexus6 posted:

Is there a tried and tested way of getting Caruso to take his plane? I shot him in the leg with the Sieger and he just ran downstairs.

After a while he figured it was OK to go back to the garden but I shot him again and unintentionally killed him.

I managed it with a tranquilized spaghetti recipe, but a nearby rubber duck should do it, too. It did take him a while to lock down, though.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

nexus6 posted:

following the spooking him opprtunity with his dead mother will get him to run for the plane once he wakes back up again, should give you plenty of time to get where you need to be.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Why does the guy with a phobia of travelling run for a plane anyway?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

NRVNQSR posted:

Why does the guy with a phobia of travelling run for a plane anyway?

wlep, there goes the last 4th wall. The pantomime has been revealed.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is Silvio Caruso lurking anywhere in Landslide? I know he's mentioned as the guy who hired you, was just wondering if you can interact with him somehow.

Was finishing up some mastery challenges in World of Tomorrow last night. I started as a chef in the kitchen and as soon as I stopped blending in the guy across the counter from me shouts "HEY CHEF" and waves. I like to imagine he's been doing this for the entire shift and 47 is getting really loving tired of it.

Also it's a shame there's no mastery challenge for killing Francesca with her own virus. Seems like such a cheeky 47 thing to do.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

It's interesting this game is filled with easter eggs that have no reward other than entertainment. I approve.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Boiled Water posted:

It's interesting this game is filled with easter eggs that have no reward other than entertainment. I approve.

I waver between a) wishing that more kills weren't so clearly laid out, prioritized, and "required" in a sense as accomplishments and b) knowing that if a lot of the kills were entirely optional and not tied to XP or completion then so many players would never know or never care.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I think the opportunities system is a nice middle option. You can chose to never look at them and go about your business or use them to learn thing you might otherwise not.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I agree. I'm a bad Hitman player and have initially used opportunities as a crutch to learn levels, and later used parts of opportunities to set up things for different kills.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I really hope I can get my fifth SA on the next elusive target so I can start playing them how the developers intended.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I really hope I can get my fifth SA on the next elusive target so I can start playing them how the developers intended.

Do you mean to tell me that the developers didn't intend for me to coin every target into the nearest bathroom?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do you mean to tell me that the developers didn't intend for me to coin every target into the nearest bathroom?

They've given you two killin' syringes is that not intent enough?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Boiled Water posted:

Sure, but I could've seen them treating it like they did with "Oops I Did It Again" in Bangkok. An obscure photo, a vague clue, with an interesting death and a funny "Challenge Complete" tag pop up. It didn't ruin anything for me and I'm long past needing the XP from it, just thought it could have had more to it. :shrug:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Anyone know where the intern is on Pro? I

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Mondian posted:

Anyone know where the intern is on Pro? I
He walks down the street past the café toward the "fortune teller shop" early on after you start the mission, then around the alleys around the café, until he finally manages to find the consulate.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

oh thank gods. First succesful Marrakesh pro mission. note to self: bring breach charges or keypad unlockers next time.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

^^^ Hey that was my first run too.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

He walks down the street past the café toward the "fortune teller shop" early on after you start the mission, then around the alleys around the café, until he finally manages to find the consulate.

Thanks.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Hobo Clown posted:

Is Silvio Caruso lurking anywhere in Landslide? I know he's mentioned as the guy who hired you, was just wondering if you can interact with him somehow.

I don't think so - the implication is that he's in the locked-up mansion, and that the mission is taking place pretty much immediately after he killed his mother. You can overhear a conversation in the back streets about how it's unlike Signora Caruso not to be seen for this long, etc.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

I don't think so - the implication is that he's in the locked-up mansion, and that the mission is taking place pretty much immediately after he killed his mother. You can overhear a conversation in the back streets about how it's unlike Signora Caruso not to be seen for this long, etc.
Caruso actually killed her because she said Abiatti was dreamy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I like Landslide a lot because there's multiple ways to disguise yourself and have awkward conversations with your target, which are always my favorite little scenes, especially when you compare them to the conversations the target would have had with the actual person.