Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I eyeroll as hard at "character concerns" as anybody but when you are getting suspended for too many technicals before the All-Star Break, it might be time for some introspection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jota posted:

At least your autism is consistent with when you used to think Tyson Chandler was an elite offensive player.

Peak Tyson Chandler was a great offensive player. What he did was limited but he was way better at it than anyone else in the league. Being the best pick and roll finisher in the league is really valuable and the threat of him as a roll man opened things up for other players too. He also hit his free throws at a high rate, which was really underrated.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 7, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Like just leave the court and smash something if you have to

That could be a good way to turn a one game suspension into a season-ending injury.

If DMC had punched a chair or Jim Boylen his hand might've exploded.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zogo posted:

That could be a good way to turn a one game suspension into a season-ending injury.

If DMC had punched a chair or Jim Boylen his hand might've exploded.

https://vine.co/v/5YAVKVv2J16

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
To be fair, NBA players are smarter now that we're in a post-Kanter league

https://twitter.com/UpTheThunder/status/828347127390752768

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Zogo posted:

I've watched the last two Cavaliers games and they need defense so desperately. LBJ is out there killing himself because they can't hold a lead. Barely beat the Wizards and Knicks.

2011 Chandler's championship hunger level was off the charts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwiXZEZJQPU

Soon he will call him John Carter of Mars.

Need more coach fights with enemy players.

The Wizards are good now.

See this is what happens if I don't do power rankings.

xbilkis posted:

I eyeroll as hard at "character concerns" as anybody but when you are getting suspended for too many technicals before the All-Star Break, it might be time for some introspection

Yeah this is my thing. I love when guys clown on coaches and reporters and Cousins does a lot of charity and is probably overall a good person. But drat all the cheap shots and whining and legit silly techs…man it's just old. loving relax, Boogie.

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 7, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

MourningView posted:

Peak Tyson Chandler was a great offensive player. What he did was limited but he was way better at it than anyone else in the league. Being the best pick and roll finisher in the league is really valuable and the threat of him as a roll man opened things up for other players too. He also hit his free throws at a high rate, which was really underrated.

Yes he was a fantastic roll man in the pick and roll. His usage was also under 15% like every single year in his career except for one and he had a negative OBPM for like 2/3 of his career. He was good in his specific role and in no other way. But Zogo could never factor in his inability to create his own shot or his low usage when talking about his offensive ability.

Also he's a career 65% free throw shooter. Not awful but not incredible.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'll concede Chandler and Gobert were both good offensive players, but they create very little for themselves and in general aren't using a lot of offensive possessions. Being the leader in NP for centers is pretty good though.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eleven. 11.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'm in France for 10 days, so quick NBA report.

Tony Parker is still everywhere, the dude is still a national hero. I saw one Joachim Noah advert but it looked old. No Rudy Gobert anywhere so far. I'll update as I know more.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lockback posted:

I'm in France for 10 days, so quick NBA report.

Tony Parker is still everywhere, the dude is still a national hero. I saw one Joachim Noah advert but it looked old. No Rudy Gobert anywhere so far. I'll update as I know more.
How much of a hit is this still? See if you can blast it around Père Lachaise and study responses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtI_YwVkbUk

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Heat are now in the 6 team hunt for the 8th seed!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Jota posted:

Yes he was a fantastic roll man in the pick and roll. His usage was also under 15% like every single year in his career except for one and he had a negative OBPM for like 2/3 of his career. He was good in his specific role and in no other way. But Zogo could never factor in his inability to create his own shot or his low usage when talking about his offensive ability.

Also he's a career 65% free throw shooter. Not awful but not incredible.

Chandler's free throw shooting improved significantly when he went to the Charlotte and then the Mavs. He even developed a 12-15 foot jumper but rarely used it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

xbilkis posted:

Check out Buddy when Buddy give it up

he ain't give it up that far

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

When I get tired I get silly boy

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rick posted:

See this is what happens if I don't do power rankings.
The Wizards have been good since December, when they figured it out.

If you look, their record since figuring it out is really good. I think it's like 20-7.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Dude you like Austin Rivers what's wrong with Buddy?

He was drafted to shoot and pass sometimes, and those are the things he's getting better at.

*shrug*

I didn't trust his shot coming into the draft and wish they had drafted Poeltl, instead. His shot has been suspect and what he brings can be easily reproduced by random D-League players.

There's still hope that he can improve, but unless he can start to create his own/others' shots, he's a smaller, less accurate Korver.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, playing the Wizards is very different from playing the trash level D-League Knicks. Washington got something going with Wall/healthy Beal/"I'm finally good" Otto Porter. That game was very fun to watch.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Rick posted:

They're an above average team in a weak conference.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cash Monet posted:

And are a tremendous home court team.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

xbilkis posted:

Check out Buddy when Buddy give it up

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cash Monet posted:

You see, the wizards were really, really bad at the beginning, but they've been good since about December, so all that's left to see is how good & healthy they can be after the All-Star break. #MagicJohnsonAnalysis

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm excited for a Sixers trade to go down today.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/828976504289755136

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Came here to post this. gently caress the Timberwolves for stealing Lance, make em dance, Stephenson

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Panzeh posted:

Chandler's free throw shooting improved significantly when he went to the Charlotte and then the Mavs. He even developed a 12-15 foot jumper but rarely used it.

Yeah at his peak he was more like a 70% foul shooter which is really good for a center and meant they never had to worry about taking him off the floor for fear that he'd get hacked and sent to the line

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
No one should ever sign Lance Stephenson, but the Wolves could probably use a player like him with Lavine dropping.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The wolves already have lots of bad basketball players I don't see why they need another

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I love how sports writers are straight up manufacturing stories at this point. Like usually at some point there is some microcosm of truth behind stuff. But there is literally 0 chance that Lebron things that Melo is better than Love at this point and that they should trade for Melo.

Like, quite literally 0 percent.This is the smartest basketball player in the history of the game.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kibner posted:

And are a tremendous home court team.

Stop it. Stop it you sons of bitches.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Jack's Flow posted:

Yeah, playing the Wizards is very different from playing the trash level D-League Knicks. Washington got something going with Wall/healthy Beal/"I'm finally good" Otto Porter. That game was very fun to watch.

Otto Porter is so efficient this year. What are the odds the Wizards can afford him next year? I'd love to see him on the Sixers :)

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

NickRoweFillea posted:

Hell yeah the hustle

Can't believe brolander made CBM create lovely pesto

I submit that the pesto would've been of poor quality, regardless of my post, how bow dah meme

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

gently caress you Larry!!! We need an athletic wing, you dumbass!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

THe wizards have porters rfa rights so there is no question of fitting him into the cap.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

pubic works project posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

gently caress you Larry!!! We need an athletic wing, you dumbass!

If you really want him Lance Stephenson is probably going to be available in (checks watch) 10 days. He really is not very good anymore.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Lance is still only 26. He's a sneaky candidate to have played for 1/3 of the league before he retires.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

cisneros posted:

It was that time he beat Rajon Rondo at Connect 4.

Apparently there were a lot of memorable Charlie Villanueva moments! How come you don't have an avatar or ever post anymore?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lockback posted:

If you really want him Lance Stephenson is probably going to be available in (checks watch) 10 days. He really is not very good anymore.

But he can always make 'em dance!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vl2Ke8Mv4I

:dance:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

paternity suitor posted:

Otto Porter is so efficient this year. What are the odds the Wizards can afford him next year? I'd love to see him on the Sixers :)

Probably very high. They have no room to add talent otherwise in their cap as good as otto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

He blows.

• Locked thread