Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I couldn't get through a max landis episode. Is he acting? is that a character he's playing that he thinks is funny? Is that just how he is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The canadians are the best guests imo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

reignofevil posted:

The canadians are the best guests imo.

I really enjoyed Freddy Williams as well. He should come back.

The drawings he made of the airbag teddy bear were amazing.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Grevling posted:

Josh is fine, he's just not that funny compared to the rest of the cast. He could never ruin an episode of anything for me. I was going to agree that he tries too hard sometimes but then I remembered Max Landis.
As for unkempt appearance and slight weirdness, this is nerd entertainment.

True. In terms of "tries way to hard to make the guys laugh", Josh bunts but Max Landis knocks it out of the park.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The problem with Josh is that he is perfectly suited for the very podcasts The Nerd Crew poo poo all over. He could guest host on one of them and he'd be a loving superstar.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

RLM 2017 - josh is the new jack

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

a bone to pick posted:

I don't think anyone has ever "ruined" a BotW episode, all their guests and cast have been pretty great.

Max Landis

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

a bone to pick posted:

I don't think anyone has ever "ruined" a BotW episode, all their guests and cast have been pretty great.

Raserys posted:

Max Landis

Have to agree with this, the Max Landis BotW is the only one I don't rewatch/put on in the background when I'm doing something else. Gillian, The Canadians, Freddy Williams, Len Kabasinski, are all fine guests and I have no problems with any of them. Max Landis I hope never shows up ever again.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Max Landis episode was loving great, he was a little annoying but every movie and conversation in that episode was just hilarious.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

The Max Landis episode was loving great, he was a little annoying but every movie and conversation in that episode was just hilarious.

:agreed:

Some people have a really low tolerance for a high energy "try hard" like that but he was mostly fine.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

WampaLord posted:

Some people have a really low tolerance for a high energy "try hard" like that but he was mostly fine.

Maybe we're just scared of being one ourselves. :frog:

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

max landis is just uncomfortable to watch because out everyone he has the neediest, biggest and weakest ego but behaves in the most attention grabbing manner to satiate these needs, which is grating and makes people squirm.

in contrast, someone like rich evans who's image gets used for clickbait showing a "loser" is leagues more comfortable in his own skin which makes him a national treasure because he's simply Rich.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Grevling posted:

Maybe we're just scared of being one ourselves. :frog:

Its time to fess up. I really wanted this thread to be a gold thread when it was created but as time has gone on I have come to accept that a 3 is really the rating this thread (and therefor myself as well) deserves.

I can't do any better than this and to believe I was actually funny was clearly me giving in to the max landis part of myself. I am sorry.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Max Landis wishes anything he's made recently could get 3 stars

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's true. Josh would be a rockstar if he joined IGN, Giant Bomb, Screen Junkies, Cinema Disaster, Movie Geek News, Film oval office, Nerd gently caress, or any of the other dork vlogs.

He's just severely outclassed among sex titans like Rich and Jay.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Zmej posted:

max landis is just uncomfortable to watch because out everyone he has the neediest, biggest and weakest ego but behaves in the most attention grabbing manner to satiate these needs, which is grating and makes people squirm.

in contrast, someone like rich evans who's image gets used for clickbait showing a "loser" is leagues more comfortable in his own skin which makes him a national treasure because he's simply Rich.

Rich is completely on the opposite end of the scale when compared to someone like Max Landis, in that he's perfectly fine with looking silly and being the butt of jokes from Mike and others, because he clearly gives absolutely zero fucks what anyone (or at least anyone outside of his immediate circle) thinks about him. :c00lbert:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i was lookin at that comb over, and it kinda sucks cuz it doesn't look like it's really long side hairs that are being brought over like your classic combover, but just some longer hold outs up towards the front. It'd suck to worry about shaving that all the time, though i guess a short buzz wouldn't be that bad. still it'd be nicer to just be totally bald up there rather than figure out what to do with the tuft you have. Cody from cracked has the same kinda thing going where the back disappeared but he's still got all the stuff up front

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
If Max didn't sound and look the way he does, I'd be ok with him.

Yeah I'm superficial, so what. :colbert:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

mng posted:

reported for homophobia.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

mng posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32ebd3

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

mng posted:

thats insanely racist

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Max Landis is funny when he talks about bad movies, including his own haha

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

WampaLord posted:

I actually like Josh so I don't have a problem with try hard, but Landis was talking over everyone and being obnoxious in my opinion. That BotW did introduce me to Neil Breen movies though so it's not all bad.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

thats insanely racist

No that's just how they talk.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MrSlam posted:

I remember one of the Canadians looked particularly upset at all the jokes during Osteoporosis Dance. Everyone else is losing their poo poo and he's sitting there with a stone cold face.

no, hairy canadian just wasn't losing his poo poo like twink canadian was, so he looked pissed in comparison. hairy canadian followed up with his own off color jokes

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Terrific Accident posted:

I actually like Josh so I don't have a problem with try hard, but Landis was talking over everyone and being obnoxious in my opinion. That BotW did introduce me to Neil Breen movies though so it's not all bad.

Yeah the Neil Breen movie far outweighs anything Max Landis can do to ruin that episode.

To be honest Josh or Max Landis don't bother me too much, they just aren't my top picks for BotW.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Max Landis is cool and the reason a lot of people don't like him is because he's passionate and self-assured without being at all traditionally masculine and that is upsetting and confusing for people obsessed with categorization.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Max Landis is cool and the reason a lot of people don't like him is because he's passionate and self-assured without being at all traditionally masculine and that is upsetting and confusing for people obsessed with categorization.

i agree with you except for the self-assured part, he's comes off as a bit desperate to ingratiate himself which could just be overenthusiasm at making friends and putting forward a good face but could also indicate low self esteem

or maybe he's just more aggressively hollywood when compared to the more midwestern style of the core RLM crew

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao at max landis being "self-assured", holy gently caress

Have you read his twitter?!!!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gee I wonder why a kid with a famous dad who was raised in Hollywood is super attention seeking and wants constant validation. Hmm what a mystery,

:iiam:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
The ending joke had Josh playing along like a good sport, but that part before where Rich whispered "Nobody cares" into the mic was an absolutely brutal own at his expense, and definitely the highlight of the episode, especially since it was proceeded by mike giving a quick "ugh" glance at the camera

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

that part before where Rich whispered "Nobody cares" into the mic was an absolutely brutal own at his expense, and definitely the highlight of the episode, especially since it was proceeded by mike giving a quick "ugh" glance at the camera

It was great.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Every time Rich talks directly into the mic you know some good poo poo is happening.

I particularly liked the opening where Mike was like "We brought out the wide, large thing full of useless poo poo... And the plinketto board!"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It's not nearly that mean

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

reignofevil posted:

No that's just how they talk.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

josh belongs on one of those channels that do super earnest TOP 10 EPIC MOMENTS WHEN NARUTO WAS SUPER BADASS type videos

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This, except actually not this at all

I didn't like him because he came across to me as one of those people who are annoying, grating, and desperately trying to be seen as the hippest kid in the room. Which is especially ironic considering the RLM dudes are about as far removed from giving a gently caress about being considered "cool" as it gets.

I would hold this opinion even if Max Landis looked like he came straight out of an 80s action movie--complete with a lusty woman draping herself over him--during his BotW appearance

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
josh wasn't actually in on the joke at the end. it was actually a longwinded and belabored discussion that josh took 100% seriously but mike edited it to the joke we see before us.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This, except actually not this at all

I didn't like him because he came across to me as one of those people who are annoying, grating, and desperately trying to be seen as the hippest kid in the room. Which is especially ironic considering the RLM dudes are about as far removed from giving a gently caress about being considered "cool" as it gets.

I would hold this opinion even if Max Landis looked like he came straight out of an 80s action movie--complete with a lusty woman draping herself over him--during his BotW appearance

I think thats why he meshes so well with the gang, like once a year tops. i kept expecting mike to start glaring at the camera when Max just wont. let. up. about getting Rich to go on and on about the Double Down movie. like rich didn't need that much prodding, he could have explained it funny without constantly being interrupted, but the boys didnt seem super annoyed by it or anything, they were laughing along as mMax ramped up right along with Rich.

so thats my storyof what i think re: max landis slash are el em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think Max and Jay should gently caress on camera

• Locked thread