Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I HATE THIS REALITY

love ed balls though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The Senate is antidemocratic by design but the Founders probably never dreamed there would ever be such a massive disparity between state populations, so instead of being something that puts the states on more equal footing, it just disenfranchises most of the country's population wholesale.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A preview of the new common core standards.
https://youtu.be/szBTl3S24MY

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

All that matters is that 4chan can someday post pictures of classrooms and the teacher will be teaching them math, and stop teaching kids multiple solutions around math.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

As much as I hate living among all these Patriots fans I would support an independent New England. A #nexit if you will.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
With a wife that teaches special ed math and a 2yr old that will be in the public school system soon, I sure am excited about Betsy DeVos!

Well, at least I live in northern NJ so hopefully the school systems here don't get too hosed. Plus, my wife can just properly teach my daughter how to math.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

quote:

SANDI KORN

PENTHOUSE PET

RUNNER-UP PENTHOUSE PET OF THE YEAR

Sandi is one of my favorite guests -- great to look at and incredibly naive about simple world events. Her claim to fame on my show has been her remarkable inability to answer questions that any sixth-grader would know. Sandi told me Penthouse pets were smart and that she was practically valedictorian of her school.

I like Sandi a lot because of her honesty. She once revealed that Donald Trump came up to her apartment and got on top of her and kissed her and dry-humped her. Trump denies it, but it's a good story, anyway.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Jose posted:

yo link this post i want to quote it elsewhere

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785126&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post463059240

Here you go.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

passionate dongs posted:

thats his handlers, not him

and exposing trump to be a weak willed pissbaby damages his strongman appeal

ehhhhh, unfortunately the people that would need to hear it generally aren't

see: this cnn roundtable of women who support trump http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/02/04/women-voters-for-trump-martin-savidge-pkg.cnn

(if someone has the tweet for better embeddability I'd appreciate it)

we have to remember that we're all still cloistered in bubble realities. Trump supporters only hear positive news about trump, trump haters only hear negative news

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Philip Rivers posted:

The Senate is antidemocratic by design but the Founders probably never dreamed there would ever be such a massive disparity between state populations, so instead of being something that puts the states on more equal footing, it just disenfranchises most of the country's population wholesale.

I don't know. Back then everyone lived in Boston, New York, Philadelphia, or whatever and the rest of the states were empty. I think they thought that it would be a possibility.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Jose posted:

look at americas success rate in wars you loving idiot lol

America has a pretty good record at winning wars

it's just that you only hear about the ones it lost

ppl keep talking about Vietnam and don't talk about any of the dozens of Communist insurgencies the CIA backed governments defeated

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Common core to red America is 'innovative arrogance'. Just do it like Grandpa did, he was a war hero.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

The Brown Menace posted:

i dont think the argument is so much that irans army is gonna stomp the us army but that any attempt at an occupation will make iraq and afghanistan look like the tutorial level

which has literally nothing to do with what i'm talking about

"it would be trivial to steamroll the iranian military" and "the insurgency would be a neverending hellish nightmare about 15 minutes after that happens" are not mutually exclusive statements

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It's always wacky when you forget George Takeis twitter is run by hip teenagers and then you see him blabbering on TV like a senile old man

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
if i build a raft what are the chances that Cuba will give me refuge

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

That DICK! posted:

It's always wacky when you forget George Takeis twitter is run by hip teenagers and then you see him blabbering on TV like a senile old man

same, but with Donald Trump's executive orders

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Sure there's bubbles but the country is full of objectively stupid people. Any sane person should be able to listen to trump speak and come to the conclusion he's an idiot. The left needs to embrace eugenics and start murdering dummies wholesale.

Please kill me first.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I know how to win the meme war! Photoshop quotes from the Trump administration onto the relevant Disney villains:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Typo posted:

ppl keep talking about Vietnam and don't talk about any of the dozens of Communist insurgencies the CIA backed governments defeated

can i get that lovely "hmm" face for this post plz

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

ehhhhh, unfortunately the people that would need to hear it generally aren't

see: this cnn roundtable of women who support trump http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/02/04/women-voters-for-trump-martin-savidge-pkg.cnn

(if someone has the tweet for better embeddability I'd appreciate it)

we have to remember that we're all still cloistered in bubble realities. Trump supporters only hear positive news about trump, trump haters only hear negative news

there's only actually negative news though

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

What is the positive news about Trump or the Trump admin? That he chose not to rescind Obama's LGBTQ anti-discrimination EO? Is there anything else?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bethamphetamine posted:

What is the positive news about Trump or the Trump admin? That he chose not to rescind Obama's LGBTQ anti-discrimination EO? Is there anything else?

that trump has a very bad diet and will probably die soon of heart failure

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

We're all Frank Sobotka and America is the Docks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh and i see the "america also did a bad thing therefore" people are out in force today

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Common core to red America is 'innovative arrogance'. Just do it like Grandpa did, he was a war hero.

Yeah it makes me really sad when parents post sick zingers about CC math being too many steps for the same solution but what's actually being taught is how to use associativity to rearrange numbers into more easily calculated combinations. Who cares about actually understanding the underlying rules of math? Just carry the 1! (never carry the 1 this is the worst loving way to do math)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bethamphetamine posted:

They just make stuff up like always, and run stories like how the Women's March was just a couple hundred people and they trashed DC because they hate the environment

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bethamphetamine posted:

Positive news is subjective. For instance there are lots of people who are legit scared of foreign Muslim people coming to take their freedom.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The positive news is that he is getting exactly what he wants, and the Democrats can only whine and protest, the cops are just waiting for Sessions to be confirmed before they go to town on the libs. The destruction of the opposition is the good news to them.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Middle America wants this, middle America voted for this, gently caress them, I don't care let them burn while my children aren't taught that god doesn't make it rain

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schnorkles posted:

DeVos is bad for republicans because I have never seen so many apolitical white moms furious about the whole IEP and Betsy being clueless thing.

Trump's admin is radicalizing the population at a speed thats made the accelerationists I know really smug

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Feminasty Slut posted:

Sure there's bubbles but the country is full of objectively stupid people. Any sane person should be able to listen to trump speak and come to the conclusion he's an idiot. The left needs to embrace eugenics and start murdering dummies wholesale.

Please kill me first.
there's a lot of not stupid people who have to be neighbors with them. among the same race as them, even

they just get vote suppressed and disenfranched in less obvious ways, like coincidental voter id registration hours and days happening entirely within their workhours in jobs where they have no paid time off whatsoever and they can't get any jobs that have better hours due to inbred nepotism

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/829058284531351557

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ddonigernrdc/status/829055234345406468

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

rip lastgirl

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Welp since higher education is hosed I'd recommend people begin learning trades, but "National Right to Work" laws look like they're going to be passed sometime next week so, uh, start mining bitcoin or something.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Nonsense posted:

The solution to assymetric warfare is genocide, I don't know why ya'll think it cannot be done, if not seriously discussed by this White House.

Lowest causality (of Americans) war in Iran is nuclear strike. Best to hit all seven terrorist countries at once though.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

ocean is served rocks instead of neat, big deal so what

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

do u know jenny posted:

Welp since higher education is hosed I'd recommend people begin learning trades, but "National Right to Work" laws look like they're going to be passed sometime next week so, uh, start mining bitcoin or something.

if you don't have your own hydro electic plant to power it its not worth it lol

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Is this bad? It sounds bad, but otoh I find Lena Dunham obnoxious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Philip Rivers posted:

Yeah it makes me really sad when parents post sick zingers about CC math being too many steps for the same solution but what's actually being taught is how to use associativity to rearrange numbers into more easily calculated combinations. Who cares about actually understanding the underlying rules of math? Just carry the 1! (never carry the 1 this is the worst loving way to do math)

On the other hand many (most) students will use math in their day to day lives but never need a higher understanding of he concepts. A tiny fraction that move on to STEM may benefit. But I'd argue that these people will figure it out on their own and don't need someone to show them these things.

• Locked thread