Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Death Ray posted:

We're up to 33 signatures, Goonies! Let's get it to 50 this week! Have you seen Ramirez lately? He looks shaken... agitated! We're getting to him!

Sign the petition and make Michael Ramirez draw Donald Trump!

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/829054333115174912

xthetenth posted:

Showing the disconnect between Trump's overconfident rhetoric and reality, you dingus.

WOW you mean that Trump doesn't know what he's doing, and told really obvious lies to get elected?? What a controversial opinion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

WOW you mean that Trump doesn't know what he's doing, and told really obvious lies to get elected?? What a controversial opinion!

So are you going to post like this whenever there's a cartoon about that (please no)

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Man you'd loving hate the cartoon about how business is booming in Texas!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

So are you going to post like this whenever there's a cartoon about that (please no)

No, I just don't like that cartoon, that's all.

xthetenth posted:

Man you'd loving hate the cartoon about how business is booming in Texas!

Why, does it have Perry dancing on a pile of corpses or something

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Haha I know I'll draw the president I hate bellowing jingoism at a dead man and his mourning family, that will surely serve my overall point of [?????? don't forget to fill this in -MB] and not seem crass on my part at all!!

The overall point is "Donald Trump does not have separate public and private personas, what you see is what you get. And what we see is this."

E: that man is dead because Trump's advisors dared him, "Obama wouldn't have the balls to approve this raid."

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 7, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

santanotreal posted:

Seriously how did only two Republicans look at Devos and realize she's an incompetent toad.

Because two could shore up their support and still let Pence get her through. It was coordinated.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Why, does it have Perry dancing on a pile of corpses or something

It's not actually on the Sacramento Bee's website anymore as best as I can tell, but it's still on dailykos, and the SacBee still has Ohman's oped defending it.

(that said, I did find the "buy prints of this", they didn't disavow it or anything)

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hmm, seems like it could be a much better cartoon, if it had Rick Perry gripping a dead body by the shoulders, shaking it madly and crying "my nigga have u tried deregulation"

(I'm joking, this is a joke. i'm not seriously mad about this)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Hmm, seems like it could be a much better cartoon, if it had Rick Perry gripping a dead body by the shoulders, shaking it madly and crying "my nigga have u tried deregulation"

Hahahahahaha How The gently caress Are Industrial Accidents Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Deregulate The Market Like Nigga Laissez Faire Haha

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

So is there some weird pact where every single conservative cartoonist has to draw a "tolerant liberal beating a man with a picket sign" cartoon? I swear there's been at least 10 in the last few pages.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Nice meltdown

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

drat this administration for making Bill Day halfway decent lately.

quote:

ISIS is what, exactly?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

SomeMathGuy posted:

drat this administration for making Bill Day halfway decent lately.

ISIS is what, exactly?

The two on the left are in Isis and the one on the right is just in IS. Bit bold of him to claim they're working together.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

ISIS is what, exactly?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

Turnbull gives a speech in front of the empty void, being clear to pronounce every colon.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fish Of Doom posted:

So is there some weird pact where every single conservative cartoonist has to draw a "tolerant liberal beating a man with a picket sign" cartoon? I swear there's been at least 10 in the last few pages.
The thread regularly speculates about a conservative hivemind or marching orders to draw the exact same imagery or the same message.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Could someone explain this one to me?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Discendo Vox posted:

I just imagined it as loss.jpg and moved on.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

So much for the tolerant left

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't get it either, some kind of Eurojoke?

Not usually a big fan of this cartoonist's style, but haha that deepening frown is golden

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Discendo Vox posted:

Trump eats cups

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Discendo Vox posted:

It appears to be a suggestion that Trump has exchanged true happiness for wealth and power and it's very plain that in spite of theoretically getting everything he's ever wanted the dude seems miserable.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

Trump not having a full cupboard is probably a pun in a European language, like being "a few cards short of a full deck."

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Bannon has been stealing his teacups

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Xander77 posted:

The thread regularly speculates about a conservative hivemind or marching orders to draw the exact same imagery or the same message.

It's because "if you're so tolerant, why won't you tolerate my intolerance :smuggo:" is considered a rhetorical masterstroke by idiots who do not seem to grasp that calling for people to be marginalized goes outside the bounds of "difference in political opinion," especially when they think it doesn't impact anybody they know.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Haha I know I'll draw the president I hate bellowing jingoism at a dead man and his mourning family, that will surely serve my overall point of [?????? don't forget to fill this in -MB] and not seem crass on my part at all!!

This actually happened, you realise.

Johntalouette
Oct 30, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Maybe a lower-class dishwasher is more careful with delicate things like china, but a mil/billionaire is wasteful and incompetent so he breaks things? Like a dishwasher would understand that you can't just buy a new America once you've wrung this one out for profit? I have no clue.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Fish Of Doom posted:

"Antifa Black Bloc slammed two fireworks into the campus, (Commander In) Chief. We was comin’ back from the city of San Francisco to Berkeley. We’d just delivered Milo. One of the good ones. Eleven hat wearing men went into the counterprotest. Our line went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first leftist for about a half-hour. Anarchist. 6-footer. You know how you know that in the streets Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the hoody to the boots. What we didn’t know, was that our counterprotest was so secret, no distress tweet had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for 6 hours. Very first streetlight, Chief, leftists come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calenders. Infantry squares like in the old calendars like the Battle of Bunker Hill and the idea was the leftist come to the nearest man, that man he starts trollin’ and posturin’ and sometimes that leftist he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that leftist looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a leftist is he’s got watery eyes. Weepy eyes. Like a baby’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be an adult… ’til he punches ya, and those watery eyes roll over commie red and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched virtue signalin’. The Overton Window closes up, and despite all your trollin’ and your posturin’ those leftists come in and… they tolerate you to pieces.

Anyway, the speech was cancelled.”

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

King Possum III posted:

Trump not having a full cupboard is probably a pun in a European language, like being "a few cards short of a full deck."

Dunno where it's from, in German at least there's the phrase of "no longer having all the cups in your cupboards" which means that you've gone off the deep end.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

santanotreal posted:

Seriously how did only two Republicans look at Devos and realize she's an incompetent toad.

Even those two voted to advance her nomination from the committee, they just got permission to vote against her confirmation so they wouldn't look too bad.

Susan Collins never does the right thing if it would actually make a difference.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Probably a reference to a folktale about a dishwasher becoming rich or something? Like the cobbler? I'm trying to make sense of that "dishwasher" thing; I highly doubt Trump ever washed any dish in his life.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

sheep-dodger posted:

Dunno where it's from, in German at least there's the phrase of "no longer having all the cups in your cupboards" which means that you've gone off the deep end.

usually when this kinda thing comes up, a pedantic and critical but ultra polite Deutschgoon materializes for explanation

idk because I don't remember, but isn't Kammensky(?) German? Or low country Germanic? Seems like he(?) has been doing more USPol toons (like everybody) lately, and more cartoons in English- the "Dishwascher" there makes it seem like he's still getting a hang of making toons for the Anglosphere, but I give it six months before he's properly avoiding European idioms in favor of a crying eagle tied down by a boulder labelled "DEBT"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"Antifa Black Bloc slammed two fireworks into the campus, (Commander In) Chief. We was comin’ back from the city of San Francisco to Berkeley. We’d just delivered Milo. One of the good ones. Eleven hat wearing men went into the counterprotest. Our line went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first leftist for about a half-hour. Anarchist. 6-footer. You know how you know that in the streets Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the hoody to the boots. What we didn’t know, was that our counterprotest was so secret, no distress tweet had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for 6 hours. Very first streetlight, Chief, leftists come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calenders. Infantry squares like in the old calendars like the Battle of Bunker Hill and the idea was the leftist come to the nearest man, that man he starts trollin’ and posturin’ and sometimes that leftist he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that leftist looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a leftist is he’s got watery eyes. Weepy eyes. Like a baby’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be an adult… ’til he punches ya, and those watery eyes roll over commie red and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched virtue signalin’. The Overton Window closes up, and despite all your trollin’ and your posturin’ those leftists come in and… they tolerate you to pieces.

So much for the tolerant left.
:perfect:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Maybe it's a reference to Trump being like a "bull in a china shop," who's destroyed all the teacups?

But that's a bit of a stretch.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

This actually happened, you realise.

Haha he did! Holy poo poo he totally did!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Anyway, the speech was cancelled.”

:golfclap:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002870/quotes

• Locked thread