Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was starting to read that and thought "sounds like another vietnam" and then that is actually what it would be if not worse ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
after posting it i got memories of grover.txt for some reason

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Still lolling about this

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/829007910277636097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If obama said these things the repubs would be like "THAT MANS INSANE". Just trump things.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol between that and "my friends cant get loans!"

they would have screamed bloody loving murder if obama did basically any of this stuff trump is doing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

Still lolling about this

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/829007910277636097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If obama said these things the repubs would be like "THAT MANS INSANE". Just trump things.

turns out all it took to destroy america was voting in a black president

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think someone said it best earlier in the thread id quote them but im on my phone:

electing a black president broke american politics

just lol because it's really true it is hardly even an oversimplification rather a selfevident fact at thos point

lol

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

i think someone said it best earlier in the thread id quote them but im on my phone:

just lol because it's really true it is hardly even an oversimplification rather a selfevident fact at thos point

lol

Lol white (orange) authoritarian clown somehow black man's fault. Lollin and I can't stop.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I was Iranian I'd feel like my gov't is perfectly justified pursuing nuclear bomb stuff considering it seems like the USA is hellbent on invasion and the only thing that will stop them is presumably if you have nukes to defend yourself with.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Jose posted:

gently caress thread was locked so i had to format the images myself

Holy poo poo I had no idea. I literally got my discharge papers from IRR yesterday. Maybe I should take out a nice fat home loan and move to the carribean.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bag em and tag em posted:

Lol white (orange) authoritarian clown somehow black man's fault. Lollin and I can't stop.

just to be clear i was not insinuating that it's somehow obama's fault, that was just the overall result :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lil Peeler posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea. I literally got my discharge papers from IRR yesterday. Maybe I should take out a nice fat home loan and move to the carribean.

I'd go somewhere less likely to be underwater

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jose posted:

gently caress thread was locked so i had to format the images myself

Trump: *squints at post for a few minutes, tilting head side to side* Steve, what does this say?
Bannon: It says "Slam dunk", sir.
Trump: Slam dunk. Good. I like that.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Lil Peeler posted:

My brother in law is on track to get out of the army in the next few months and thank loving god for that, unless they find some way to yank him back in

I mean if it even takes a few months to get this shitstorm started

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

thathonkey posted:

just to be clear i was not insinuating that it's somehow obama's fault, that was just the overall result :shrug:

I know. But the conclusion it draws is very telling in America today.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i appreciate the iran effort post but lmao at the assumption that trumps plan isn't just "1. nuke 2. done"

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Trump's first war tweet

"generals supporting terrorists. Won't use nukes. Bad dudes in Iran cheering!"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
So called "5 star general" won't press the button. Wimp. Thinking -- MAYBE I PRESS?

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Look once the kids drink the lead filled water, their mis-developed brains wont be able to hand education, much less a private one. so really the best option for their careers is to skip school and work those coal mines.

Lol anyone who has children or is pregnant. lol the end of an american standard

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope he doesn't go for the nukes. I doubt he will but if he does either a nuclear war starts or we're having a military coup.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Lol anyone who has children or is pregnant. lol the end of an american standard

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Actually you should have lots of children. They can lead happy lives working in the sugar mines for Insect Overlord DeVos.

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010
lol guys of course I didn't mean that children should work in a coal mine, but imagine how much fun it would be for them to assemble iphones - they luv that poo poo amirite?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

kierrie posted:

lol guys of course I didn't mean that children should work in a coal mine, but imagine how much fun it would be for them to assemble iphones - they luv that poo poo amirite?

They'll be earning money! The greatest achievement humans can strive towards!

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Use the for profit prison model on schools, duh.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"You have no value as a human if you are not an employee earning money."

- blog post funded by billionaires

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

"You have no value as a human if you are not an employee earning money."

- blog post funded by billionaires

I lolled a little harder at the mention of loosening up minimum wage in there too like "your kids can experience the joys of mining! For almost no pay! American values!"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
hey guess who's got two thumbs, his world leader isn't trump, and is lolling?

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

thathonkey posted:

lol

really not true, had Biden (or Gore, even) or any non hated, non scandal plagued, well known Democrat ran in the primary, they would have won and it would be business as usual

Just a uniquely garbage candidate in Hillary ran unopposed except for a relative unknown in Sanders who had a huge hill to climb (and had it rigged against him)

Two historically bad candidates broke american politics. I'd even blame it on the DNC more

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
it's not me the defunding of OSHA has made my lumber mill job a brutalistic nightmare

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

really not true, had Biden (or Gore, even) or any non hated, non scandal plagued, well known Democrat ran in the primary, they would have won and it would be business as usual

Just a uniquely garbage candidate in Hillary ran unopposed except for a relative unknown in Sanders who had a huge hill to climb (and had it rigged against him)

Two historically bad candidates broke american politics. I'd even blame it on the DNC more

There's plenty of blame to go around, for sure.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

kierrie posted:

"Your kids love McDonald's right? Well why not help them get a head start in life by working there instead of attending boring old elementary school! :)"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

would the tea party have had such success were it not a black man? its not his fault but it made a lot of people in america go insane

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Schools are all terrible because the future of the America Work Force doesn't involve actual Americans

It is the will of the corporations that own the government.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gobblecoque posted:

"Your kids love McDonald's right? Well why not help them get a head start in life by working there instead of attending boring old elementary school! :)"

McDonalds is going to be a loving degree only job.

Every spelling bee competition will have winners spelling 5 length words, and seeing it's always some asian indian kid wins, they will be death threated out of the county for being smarter.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
When the public schools are all unfunded wastelands think how much easier it will be to fill in the gap between your child's private school cost and your government voucher if said child is also working eight hours a day

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

would the tea party have had such success were it not a black man? its not his fault but it made a lot of people in america go insane

Based on his approval ratings, Obama would have been elected for a 3rd term had he run. He was very popular, and still is to this day.

Donald Trump got a significantly smaller share of the vote than Mitt Romney. This was not some big groundswell movement, just two awful candidates.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

McDonalds is going to be a loving degree only job.

Otherwise how do they justify loaning you $60k to pay for a humanities degree???

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Based on his approval ratings, Obama would have been elected for a 3rd term had he run. He was very popular, and still is to this day.

Donald Trump got a significantly smaller share of the vote than Mitt Romney. This was not some big groundswell movement, just two awful candidates.

i mean in terms of senators/congress people. of course hillary being insanely poo poo was why they didn't get the presidency

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

i mean in terms of senators/congress people. of course hillary being insanely poo poo was why they didn't get the presidency

I really dont think people going "I approve of the President but he's black so Im going to vote for a Republican congressman". That makes no sense to me.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I really dont think people going "I approve of the President but he's black so Im going to vote for a Republican congressman". That makes no sense to me.

again i'm more thinking of it causing tea party types to primary their moderate congress person leading to a large amount of insane people in congress leading to stuff just being rejected forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

VR Native American posted:

Use the for profit prison model on schools, duh.

Good idea, all poor private schools are trade schools