Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

oldpainless posted:

Im glad PYF has solved racism

Look it's half red half blue it's all equal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lamborghinis: exactly like basic necessities for life.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Inco posted:

The fact is that all white people ARE racist, because they benefit from systems that are deeply racist.

How much assistance in life does someone need to lose out on before they are no longer considered racist.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

If you say "all whites are racist" to me, a white person, to may face, then you are calling me a racist. Period end of discussion gently caress you. I don't feel "oppressed" by it, I feel you're a lovely person. If I have a group of people all saying "all white people are racist" to my face then that group is calling me a racist. I would prefer people not call me racist, just as black people would prefer me to not call them thugs or criminals and middle eastern folks would have me not call them terrorists. "Not everyone does that poo poo" isn't a good excuse because it doesn't take everyone or even a majority doing it to poo poo things up, as we saw on November 2016. How many people stayed home because "both sides are bad"? How many people were and are just demoralized by being told that they were the source of all evil and decided that nothing they did would ever be good enough so why even bother? Because I actively avoid that poo poo and yet I see it every other day on facebook. It's not gonna stop me from voting for the most progressive candidate every time, but it does make me worry that my less willful friends will be less likely to vote, or more likely to be swayed by "hey it's not your fault, what we need is more conservatism to heal what ails us!"

tl;dr: don't say all X are Y no matter what X and Y are because it's both hardly ever true and it only leads to more divisiveness in a time where that's the absolute last thing we need.

i'm sorry that you had to find out that you're a racist this way

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

IM not deeply racist but I'll admit to shallow racism

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

hanales posted:

This endless slap fight between people on the same side are pretty much why the left can't mobilize right now.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

hanales posted:

People really need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Inco posted:

The fact is that all white people ARE racist, because they benefit from systems that are deeply racist.

And thus the internet delved too deep, and awoke an ancient, nameless stupidity.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Why do white people act like gigantic babies so often? It's not a good look

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Glagha posted:

Did someone actually call you a bad person, or did they say something about institutional racism or white privilege and you kneejerked that straight into a personal affront because the most important thing going on right now is your feelings and how this effects you.
"All white people are racist."
"When have you ever heard me say something racist?"
"Well, I'm sure you think racist things even if you didn't say them!"
And at that point I just quit talking to her since it was a thrice-weekly tantrum about how some not-exactly-like-her group was victimizing her by existing at all.

I'm not saying I'm not a bad person because I totally am, but I am not racist, sexist, or homophobic. You can hate me all you want, I don't give a poo poo. Just hate me for actual things about me, not dumb bullshit. And on a more general level, don't cry about being stereotyped and then proceed to stereotype everyone else. That's dumpster-tier hypocrisy and a great way to get a lot of people to disregard your whole platform.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
SA needs a derail emote

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Or this thread can stop turning into a pit of whiny babies when there's a disagreement.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Yawgmoth posted:

And at that point I just quit talking to her since it was a thrice-weekly tantrum about how some not-exactly-like-her group was victimizing her by existing at all.

I'm not saying I'm not a bad person because I totally am, but I am not racist, sexist, or homophobic. You can hate me all you want, I don't give a poo poo. Just hate me for actual things about me, not dumb bullshit. And on a more general level, don't cry about being stereotyped and then proceed to stereotype everyone else. That's dumpster-tier hypocrisy and a great way to get a lot of people to disregard your whole platform.

You are racist, sexist, and homophobic; everyone is at some level. You may not be part of the klan but the ideas you've been fed all your life subconsciously affect your decisions because society is set up that way. People want to make it simple but it's really complex.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

china bot posted:

SA needs a derail emote

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Yawgmoth is a garbage poster and people need to stop humoring them, hth

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

If you oppose capitalism as an economic policy, but live in a capitalist society and make use of it's economic system are you a capitalist?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

there wolf posted:

If you oppose capitalism as an economic policy, but live in a capitalist society and make use of it's economic system are you a capitalist?

Partially, yes.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Is everyone arguing ironically because this is the idiots on social media thread, so I'm supposed to knowingly wink at all these really bad posts?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Okay thread, let's move along. How about another half-assed Trump/Voldemort analogy, of which I've now seen so many that I wish harm on whomever reshares one.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
and as always, everyone who witnesses a derail will eventually create another, having not learned the better of others' blunders

IoSM (Idiots of the Spotless Mind)

edit: sorry, bird :(

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Lol are we allowed to screenshot these past several pages as content

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

InevitableCheese posted:

Lol are we allowed to screenshot these past several pages as content

There's not much content here either.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Bring back the rule that all posts need to include content.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

BobbyK posted:

Why do white people act like gigantic babies so often? It's not a good look

Because they can get away with it. Same reason when you see some crazy person with some bizarre obsession 99% of the time it's a white person. Their privilege lets them be able to get away with being crazy to a far greater level than a person of color.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Wasn't sure whether to put this in the STDH thread or this one, cause man, this didn't happen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Yawgmoth is a garbage poster and people need to stop humoring them, hth

He is the ultimate embodiment of the white upper class left tho.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

when did "gently caress off, I'm eating" go out of style smdh

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Ah yes, infants, famous for refusing to drink breast milk.

Also mods please change my name to Tell-lie-vision Sell-ebrity tia

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

when did "gently caress off, I'm eating" go out of style smdh

it's a good phrase, but not specific enough

you need to guilt people with surgical precision

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Lol sorry everyone here is my trump friend

edit: holy poo poo timg

InevitableCheese has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Feb 8, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

china bot posted:

Millennials :rolleyes:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

EmmyOk posted:

Post the best Michael D Higgins photo if you're gonna post him

I'm tired of these radical politicians.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

InevitableCheese posted:

Lol sorry everyone here is my trump friend

"Heh, gently caress them Mexicants!"
*gorges self on tortillas and salsa*

right wing america dot jay peg

And jesus loving christ, you need a better friend.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
He has a real friendly smile. What a waste.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gleebster posted:

I'm tired of these radical politicians.

That got a real life Edna Krabappel "hah" from me

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

BigglesSWE posted:

He has a real friendly smile. What a waste.

this is actually kinda :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

china bot posted:

Counterpoint:

https://youtu.be/vbchzto2P2s