Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

straight up brolic posted:

lol Warriors are raising prices 20%

The Pels were so "kind" to offer a price freeze for this coming season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Goran Dragic is shooting 45 percent from 3 this year.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Strawberry Panda posted:

Goran Dragic is shooting 45 percent from 3 this year.

He's been doing a pretty good impression of All-NBA Phoenix Suns Goran Dragic.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Suspensions for too many technicals is stupid. Just fine in increasingly larger amounts of money.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Niwrad posted:

Suspensions for too many technicals is stupid. Just fine in increasingly larger amounts of money.

Some guys don't give a poo poo about the money, but being forced to miss a game will actually make them care.

Like, Draymond probably cared about missing a game in the finals last year that started the downward spiral to the Warriors losing a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals with the first ever Unanimous MVP.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Is anyone else planning on celebrating mardi gras by staying inside and avoiding all king cakes? I won't be able to face one without imagining the king cake baby springing out to eat my face off like a xenomorph

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

Is anyone else planning on celebrating mardi gras by staying inside and avoiding all king cakes? I won't be able to face one without imagining the king cake baby springing out to eat my face off like a xenomorph

Lmfao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

It's probably not that hard to not get 16 technical fouls or whatever.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I just think it's dumb that fans buy tickets and miss out on seeing Cousins because he complained too many times to the refs.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

I probably won't be going out for it, but I will be getting a king cake from Haydel's Bakery because they make some of the best and don't have an obscene line to buy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

I just think it's dumb that fans buy tickets and miss out on seeing Cousins because he complained too many times to the refs.

It's entirely on DeMarcus Cousins and not the rule that maybe one or two players trigger each year, but yes it sucks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CJ McCollum and Dame Lillard are the robin hoods of NBA contracts. If you get a game against them early in your career as an undrafted player, you get a 2 year deal.

E: guards with a >15gmsc against the Blazers this season

There is a debate as to if they or D'Angelo are worst defenders, and I think Russell is worse than them at fighting through screens but they are almost as bad and are worse on the ball defenders than him.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Kibner posted:

I probably won't be going out for it, but I will be getting a king cake from Haydel's Bakery because they make some of the best and don't have an obscene line to buy.

That's cool, they're actually pretty good. There are a couple places around here that do a nice king cake.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

bayarea.txt

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

rip Roaracle

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

moving to SF was probably going to doom the crowd quality anyway

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Phil Jackson taking more shots at Melo for no reason:

https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/status/829062793802420224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Context:

Some guy on Bleacher report wrote an article saying Carmelo doesn't have 'the will to win' and that Jackson knew this but gambled on being able to change Carmelo as a person. Jackson's tweet basically says 'Yeah that article is right that he doesn't have the will to win, but actually I knew I wouldn't be able to change him'.

This is a curious strategy to take towards an asset you are trying to trade right now, so in theory should be trying to build up his value. Unless he is just trying to piss Carmelo off so much that he will accept a trade to someone other than Clippers/Cavs.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Apparently 97% of existing season tickets holders renewed so it's really just price gouging a loyal fanbase

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Light. Years. Ahead.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Phil Jackson only works in passive aggression. Of course he's trying to provoke Carmelo. Good kid, real potential, some people thought I could change him, I knew I couldn't.

Aren't they moving somewhere with a median income like 100% higher

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

CJ McCollum and Dame Lillard are the robin hoods of NBA contracts. If you get a game against them early in your career as an undrafted player, you get a 2 year deal.

E: guards with a >15gmsc against the Blazers this season

HAHAHA this made me squeal like a banshee. Basically every starting PG and some sgs thrown in

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Phil Jackson only works in passive aggression.

I was just going to call him an rear end in a top hat but this is a pretty good way of putting it.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Phil Jackson is an overrated hack

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ya but that's not until 2020 or Something. When they move the prices will likely be absurd, because they can justify any price that they want as it's not tethered to an existing expectation of what's fair. In all honesty this 20% bump is probably more about setting up high value conversions for the chase arena than getting more money out of the Oracle.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Has Okafor been traded yet

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Has Okafor been traded yet

Nope

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Of the top 100 criticisms of Carmelo I don't think will to win comes up.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

The Wizards are good now.

See this is what happens if I don't do power rankings.

They've had a good run lately but they're mainly just beating up on bad teams. Lots of games against the Pelicans, Lakers, Knicks, Bulls and Timberwolves.

This Wizards team is not a team that should be giving a championship level team problems. But LBJ had to put up a 32/17 game to grind out a win against a basically average team.

He needs anger management.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Jackson's tweet basically says 'Yeah that article is right that he doesn't have the will to win, but actually I knew I wouldn't be able to change him'.

:lol:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just assume that anyone in good seats at a Warriors game who has permanent residence in San Francisco is a millionaire because how else would you afford to live there anyways.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Phil Jackson is an overrated hack

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Jackson is the man, even more so for swindling the Knicks out of money while not giving a gently caress.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

Phil Jackson only works in passive aggression. Of course he's trying to provoke Carmelo. Good kid, real potential, some people thought I could change him, I knew I couldn't.

They're moving like 10 miles away from the existing stadium, its not really a different population center for people who actually go to the game. People keep acting like its the mid-2000s when they were terrible and had cheap rear end tickets, but they've been absurd for many years now

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/828839662932389888

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jordan Shaq and Kobe and pau were very good

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

euphronius posted:

Jackson's talent was in his ability to manage massive egos and in convincing multiple basketball teams that he's got any kind of aptitude for basketball beyond that one thing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

euphronius posted:

[Insert coach who won a title except for Larry Brown here] had [insert superstar here]

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

euphronius posted:

They were quite good but the Kobe/Pau teams don't really stand up to that kind of argument like his dynasty Bulls/Lakers do.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's possible to be really good at something and then turn like 70 and not be good at it anymore. It doesn't mean those first years were bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jackson was infamous for letting the players run the huddle and call plays so . Lol. He also famously could not manage Kobe and shaq.

I'm not a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

How many titles did they win without Phil? Shaq's 1 in Miami

• Locked thread