Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Of course you loving want to see DRI, silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Who Framed Roger Rabbit would have easily been one of my favorite movies if I saw it as a kid. Just a fantastic piece of filmmaking.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

glam rock hamhock posted:

When I was young I remember liking a lovely Dana Carvey that no one has ever heard of (called Blank Slate) so maybe we all just go through a phase where we enjoy bad Dana carvey moveis.

only Blank movie I know is Blank Check.

edit: oh, and Blankman.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The most embarrassing part of my teenage music habits was either my nerdcore phase or my wanky instrumental guitar phase (Vai, Satriani to the point I owned the Chickenfoot album, Buckethead et al).

Only real weird dream I can remember lately is the one where I was trying to score weed, and went between like three weird comic shops in my quest.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Ain't nothin' wrong with likin' Buckethead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0tP67-pe9o

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I went to a Static-X concert once in high school.

I'm not ashamed of this, it was a great time.

I learned to play guitar because of The Offspring.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Menace II Society is good. I sorta love that O-Dog is the only one standing at the end.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FYI, TCM On Demand has The Crowd up until Feb. 13.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I just watched Bernie debate Ted Cruz about healthcare for 2 hours because I have a problem.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I just watched Bernie debate Ted Cruz about healthcare for 2 hours because I have a problem.

CNN's ads looked like the kind that promote a boxing match.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

married but discreet posted:

I can't remember the first movie on TV that I thought truly sucked, but in the theatre the one I remember was Identity.

Jesus Christ, how old are you?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i dont have any dumb picks im embarrased of bc my teenage years were spent listening to lovely pop punk and so were my twenties suck a dick haters

Pop punk is the thing you should be embarrassed about.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Egbert Souse posted:

CNN's ads looked like the kind that promote a boxing match.

I'm liking Bernie playing the circuit. I mean, after he got dirty worded in the primary, actually getting a platform to articulate his views is smart enough to pay dividends.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm liking Bernie playing the circuit. I mean, after he got dirty worded in the primary, actually getting a platform to articulate his views is smart enough to pay dividends.

Yeah he's basically making himself the face of the opposition and may be able to force the Democrats to accept his economic platform. Of course that could all fall apart if Tom Perez wins DNC chair.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

It just seems to me that Christian talk radio would be boring as gently caress.

A buncha weird political stuff with lots of advertising for books and seminars. I had this strange epiphany during the ride where I realized how badly all these people cling to this idea of some royal hierarchy that orders the universe and how that trickles all the way down to our beautiful (when its working within their ideological framework) democracy.

I also started to feel really sad for my coworker cause I realized he's definitely gay and deeply ashamed of it.

*WEIRD SYNCHRONICITY* a still from Who Framed Roger Rabbit was in one of the many PowerPoint presentations I saw today

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 8, 2017

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

A buncha weird political stuff with lots of advertising for books and seminars. I had this strange epiphany during the ride where I realized how badly all these people cling to this idea of some royal hierarchy that orders the universe and how that trickles all the way down to our beautiful (when its working within their ideological framework) democracy.

I also started to feel really sad for my coworker cause I realized he's definitely gay and deeply ashamed of it.

I've always found Big American Religion to be really surreal. It's crazy how staunchly they believe in stuff like Jonah and the whale. Hearing someone who looks like they think a wild night out involves Applebee's talking about the "prophesies" of the "holy text" is a trip and a half.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yeah he's basically making himself the face of the opposition and may be able to force the Democrats to accept his economic platform. Of course that could all fall apart if Tom Perez wins DNC chair.

Even if that does happen, they won't notice anything amiss for two years minimum anyway.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

*WEIRD SYNCHRONICITY* a still from Who Framed Roger Rabbit was in one of the many PowerPoint presentations I saw today

Is he from the South?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I forget what the first movie that I thought was crap in the theater was, but I remember the first and only time a movie literally bored me to sleep in a theater (Alexander) and the first and only time that I wanted to just leave instead of finishing something out (Stealth; I pretended to take a bathroom break for like twenty minutes and wandered into the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake).

That was a span of about a year between 2004-2005 where I also saw Son of the Mask on like opening night. I disliked it less than either of those iirc

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

K. Waste posted:

Of course you loving want to see DRI, silly.

Yeah, old thrash bands can still do it. I saw Anthrax play last year and they were loving on point.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I learned to play guitar because of The Offspring.

Genocide was the first guitar riff I ever learned to play. Suck it, Ritche Blackmore.

There shouldn't be any competition, the Democrats should choose the guy backed by the most popular politician in America, and who was badass enough to have a ska/thrash band in high school.
https://twitter.com/ohpencilsharp/status/828986131295371265

oh wait, that would mean the Democrats would have to pull their heads out of their asses for one second.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Power of Pecota posted:

I forget what the first movie that I thought was crap in the theater was, but I remember the first and only time a movie literally bored me to sleep in a theater (Alexander) and the first and only time that I wanted to just leave instead of finishing something out (Stealth; I pretended to take a bathroom break for like twenty minutes and wandered into the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake).

Haha I went with my family to see Alexander and snuck out and watched almost the entirety of The Incredibles, and then came back for the last six hours of Alexander.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Apparently I'm at David Lynch's version of a bowling alley.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

CPL593H posted:

Jesus Christ, how old are you?

I'm 30, so my memory of seeing movies in the theatre before 2003 is already pretty hazy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Those fries you like are going to come back in style!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

CelticPredator posted:

Apparently I'm at David Lynch's version of a bowling alley.

This is a techie milennial nightmare.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Looking back, I'm glad I wasn't really into movies around the time of the writer's strike.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Have an ASMR video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRVQqCzA9w

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
"Skin sounds"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

There shouldn't be any competition, the Democrats should choose the guy backed by the most popular politician in America, and who was badass enough to have a ska/thrash band in high school.

oh wait, that would mean the Democrats would have to pull their heads out of their asses for one second.

If their decisions for the last 40 years are any indication, the next DNC chair will be John McCain.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I hope it's Ellison just to see how livid a lot of people gonna be that the Dems picked an actual Muslim.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

I hope it's Ellison just to see how livid a lot of people gonna be that the Dems picked an actual Muslim.

I was actually hoping that they'd pick a strong Christian who attended Church regularly and was clearly a person of faith, but of the Jesus rather than Jeee-suz variety, who could advance progressive arguments founded on a belief in fairness and equality that were supported by their faith. Faith seems pretty important to a lot of voters, so use it. I'm thinking of a heavily watered-down version of liberation theology.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

therattle posted:

I was actually hoping that they'd pick a strong Christian who attended Church regularly and was clearly a person of faith, but of the Jesus rather than Jeee-suz variety, who could advance progressive arguments founded on a belief in fairness and equality that were supported by their faith. Faith seems pretty important to a lot of voters, so use it. I'm thinking of a heavily watered-down version of liberation theology.

We had one of those as our VP for the last 8 years, that didn't really change anyone.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

DC Murderverse posted:

We had one of those as our VP for the last 8 years, that didn't really change anyone.

VP don't mean poo poo when you've got a suspected Moslem in the White House.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

therattle posted:

This is basically how Ellison's Islam seems to inform him, though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

This is basically how Ellison's Islam seems to inform him, though.

He's not Christian though

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

He's not Christian though

Yup.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Is he from the South?

Georgia :devil:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lurdiak posted:

If their decisions for the last 40 years are any indication, the next DNC chair will be John McCain.

They gotta reach across the aisle even though they keep getting their hands bitten off every time they try.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Small town?

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Why's that a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Why's that a problem

You're kidding, right?

I don't care if he's Muslim. I'm Jewish and I enthusiastically voted for Sadiq Khan as London mayor over Zack Goldsmith. But if you are going to take in the Christian Right (and try and get undecided Christian voters) in an atmosphere poisoned by Islamaphobia, then a Muslim is going to lose you votes where a Christian will gain them, and will be able to articulate progressive policies in a way that appeals and is understandable to Christian voters.

• Locked thread