Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress NO gently caress ME

At least he doesn't have tattoos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Every time a RB is drafted in the first an angel gets his wings

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
McCaffery is really good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

McCaffery is really good

Yeah I like him a lot. I like him a lot less at #8 overall though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who was the last white running back drafted in the first round?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Your mom

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I have two dads.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Actually don't draft a RB in the first.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Touchdown Tommy Vardell (Jesus Christ he went 9th overall?). Also from Stanford oddly enough.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Tommy Vardell by Cleveland in 92, went 9th overall. Toby Gerhardt went in the 2nd.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wondered if there was a big gap before Vardell too but nah, Brad Muster was taken 23rd in 1988.

e: Goddamn, and he was from Stanford.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

McCaffery is really good

In college. Running behind the Stanford line.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
McCaffrey is either roided up or is on some sorta super diet.

Super quick feet and a powerful runner. He runs too upright and might suffer from DMC problems, only worse because his upper body isn't huge. Smart and patient but also waits too long to hit holes sometimes which should punish him at the next level. He runs like Bell but isn't built like Bell.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chichevache posted:

In college. Running behind the Stanford line.

Their line was not that great this year and he had a higher YPC than 2015 (when he had 2000 rushing yards and another 650 receiving). He's a really good player, full stop. Doesn't mean I'd take him 8th, but he's worth a fairly high pick I'd say.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If the Panthers draft a hb in the first and it's not cook then lmfao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I hope McCaffrey top 10 happens so we never have to hear about top prospects ruining their draft stock by skipping a meaningless bowl game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I hope McCaffrey top 10 happens so we never have to hear about top prospects ruining their draft stock by skipping a meaningless bowl game.

Barring some medical thing with his ankle that's probably going to happen anyway with Fournette.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Barring some medical thing with his ankle that's probably going to happen anyway with Fournette.

Yea, assuming he runs wells at the combine he's a much better option to go early in the first.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Seriously though if cook isn't the first hb off the board just lmao

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

Your mom

Who are the Pats going to take with #32?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Who are the Pats going to take with #32?

No one, they are sending that and Jimmy G to the Browns in exchange for #12 and a 5th.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Flikken posted:

No one, they are sending that and Jimmy G to the Browns in exchange for #12 and a 5th.

Oh so they're going to take a WR who is turning the corner for 3 years straight and a defensive player who turns into a semi-annual probowler

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Flikken posted:

and then they will trade that 12 for several more picks. The 5th rounder will turn into a rookie pro bowler.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is kind of a blind squirrel / nut situation, but take a look at the top 2 of this 2 year old PFF article: https://www.profootballfocus.com/10-biggest-draft-steals/

Though the rest of the list kind of makes me think it's probably more luck then fabulous insight.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh so they're going to take a WR who is turning the corner for 3 years straight and a defensive player who turns into a semi-annual probowler

They're trading ahead of the Panthers for McCaffrey.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I meant first round, but not like top 5-discussion, prospects. My bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Metapod posted:

Seriously though if cook isn't the first hb off the board just lmao

Why so high on him and down on Fournette out of curiosity?

e: I understand being high on Cook for sure (this is a great RB draft), just not being higher on him than the guy who seems to have been built in a lab to be the perfect RB prospect.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 8, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Grittybeard posted:

e: I understand being high on Cook for sure (this is a great RB draft), just not being higher on him than the guy who seems to have been built in a lab to be the perfect RB prospect.

Only thing I can see on Fournette is durability. Didn't watch any college game this year, but his highlights are LIT.

I kinda want Cook cause he reminds me of Shady.

I could be forcing myself to see Shady in him drat YOU CHIP

I thought this is supposed to be The Draft for the Running Back. Last year, going into the draft, I constantly heard "Why reach on Ezekial Elliott when there's gonna be 5 Ezekial Elliott's next year?" Is it still not? From what I can gather, Fournette is the top RB prospect since Adrian Peterson (which I've heard multiple times via Trent Richardson, Zeke, Todd Gurley), a north to south bruiser. Cook is more of an east/west kind of guy and is perfect for a West Coast offense with his receiving and blocking skills. McCaffrey is discriminated against cause he's a minority (white). Then, Foreman is who everybody on the Eagles reddit has been wanting for months.

Then, I guess Nick Chubbs dropped off hardcore this past season after going into it being the supposed #1 RB?

89 fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 8, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

Dunno, people are stupid and knee-jerky. They also still love to condemn or praise athletes before the combine or personal workouts even happen. I suspect a lot of it has to do with football rivalries. Like I talk poo poo about WVU prospects a lot because I hate WVU.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Fournette looks like a loving beast. Why would anybody be seriously down on him outside of durability?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6u5AyGSJJk&t=33s

:allears:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just hope the Eagles take care of some serious business for WRs in the free agency market (Alshon/DeSean combo plz?) so we don't have to worry about Mike Williams and Corey Davis and can focus on CB/RB in the draft. I see the Eagles keep getting mocked either Best CB Available/Dalvin Cook/Mike Williams/Rueban Foster (Foster & Hicks, oh my), or one even mocked us OJ Howard (wtf)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Pumphrey in the 4th is gonna make a team very happy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I was high on him too (well in a later rounds sort of way) and hope he works out wherever he ends up, but man he is so so tiny. I didn't realize just how small he was until the Senior Bowl. 5'8" 169 lbs?

We think of Darren Sproles as little and he has 20 lbs on Pumphrey.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

i'm not down on fournette at all i just think cook is better for today's game where hb need to be able to pass protect and catch out of the backfield to be a true 3 down back

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLP9mbCuhJc

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

i'm not down on fournette at all i just think cook is better for today's game where hb need to be able to pass protect and catch out of the backfield to be a true 3 down back

Fournette does both of those things to at least the extent that Cook does. Neither had a ton of catches or receiving yards.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 8, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Jerry trying to court caste football.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a neat cape posted:

He was the consensus "most disappointing player" at the senior bowl. Too small and got blown the gently caress up when pass blocking.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'll love it if the NCAA's all time leading rusher doesn't even get drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I would love a mean interior defensive lineman in the draft. We're picking at 31, so I'm not super confident it'll be someone who can contribute immediately.

• Locked thread