Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

"bernie sanders is the funny awesome guy from the most famous comedy skit of all time" - a wicked own by ted cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I've got a fever, and the only solution is to die at home because I can't afford to go to the doctor since getting laid off.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Calibanibal posted:

just a reminder: bernie is fighting for us everyday, while hillary and obama are both out snorting cocaine at a caribbean resort

cocaine sounds way more fun that fighting

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Kudaros
Jun 23, 2006
What the gently caress is this cowbell bullshit

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That's right. A 95% bracket would be way more productive.

financially racist posted:

rofl our highest tax rate ever was like 92% and it benefited us immensely you loving doofus

Didn't you just hear Cruz say that even a 100% tax wouldn't pay for it? Do you think Cruz is lying and using fake numbers to get to that answer? He's not the only one who has done that math you know, Hillary came up with the exact same answer.

I'm starting to see why Bernie is so popular, people really believe this guy can perform miracles or something.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:bernin:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

cathartic but prolly wont matter

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Bernie sanders hosed ted cruz, Good. I expected no less.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

breaklaw posted:

Didn't you just hear Cruz say that even a 100% tax wouldn't pay for it? Do you think Cruz is lying and using fake numbers to get to that answer? He's not the only one who has done that math you know, Hillary came up with the exact same answer.

I'm starting to see why Bernie is so popular, people really believe this guy can perform miracles or something.

it would though because he just straight up lied

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

bernie won
so what

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

breaklaw posted:

Didn't you just hear Cruz say that even a 100% tax wouldn't pay for it? Do you think Cruz is lying and using fake numbers to get to that answer?

Yes.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

breaklaw posted:

Didn't you just hear Cruz say that even a 100% tax wouldn't pay for it? Do you think Cruz is lying and using fake numbers to get to that answer?

Yes. Lyin' Ted
:sad:

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

anime was right posted:

it would though because he just straight up lied

They don't call him Lyin' Ted Cruz for nothing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fake Cruz

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
How was the debate?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Turdfuzz posted:

everything.jpg

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Turdfuzz posted:

bernie won
so what

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Now what im really curious to here is what the audience thought. does CNN poll the them afterwards?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

breaklaw posted:

why the helling poo poo would anyone think otherwise, he's ted fuckin cruz

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

How was the debate?

needed more buttigieg but was alright

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

logikv9 posted:

How was the debate?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

How was the debate?

generally i think a debate went poorly when i start yelling at the screen, and this was no exception

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
bernie won

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

logikv9 posted:

How was the debate?

Every rear end in a top hat boss you've ever had thought Cruz won.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Turdfuzz posted:

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

If all the money in the world won't be enough for universal healthcare, how the fricking HECK does ted think people can afford it in the first place???

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blue squares posted:

the secret to more cowbell is that THE MAN HAD A FEVER

AND IF HE HAD HEALTH INSURANCE, IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

he talked bout that snl sketch like its not one o the most famous fucken comedy sketches ever

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

not sure how the debate went, every time i see ted cruz i start sweating and shaking and hissing and i black out after a while

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Ted Cruz got :berned:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernies message with a slightly better messenger would just outright slaughter politics as we know it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

logikv9 posted:

How was the debate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice
I'm biased as gently caress, as are most goons who post here, but I think Sanders got the best of that debate. It wasn't a slaughter, though. Ted Cruz is a skilled debater, whether we want to admit it or not. Still, Sanders came off as more personable, and he was greatly aided by the questioners, many of whom shared stories about how they personally benefited from Obamacare.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tweet Me Balls posted:

If all the money in the world won't be enough for universal healthcare, how the fricking HECK does ted think people can afford it in the first place???

All the countries with a UHS fund it with Monopoly money.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Ted Cruz: "America has twice the money of those other countries that have universal health care! America would never be able to afford universal health care!"

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

financially racist posted:

why the helling poo poo would anyone think otherwise, he's ted fuckin cruz

Because Hillary says the exact same thing. Former Sec of State Hillary Clinton the actual candidate, not Crooked Hillary the Trump character, agrees with Ted Cruz on this point.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Cruz did a good job explaining why Obamacare is poo poo from a conservative perspective. He did a poo poo job of explaining why repeal rather than a fix is the path forward.

Bernie did well because he accepted the areas where Obamacare is poo poo, and talked about how it can be fixed and where we should ultimately go. He actually had a vision for the future, Cruz did not.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

breaklaw posted:

The notion that USA cannot "afford" universal healthcare while most other first world countries do while simultaneously being poorer in every metric than the US is ludicrous.

So ludicrous, that people from the rest of the world viewing this debate are laughing their asses off. And simultaneously weeping for the average American.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the cowbell is a good metaphor for healthcare but only in the opposite way that ted cruz used it

• Locked thread