Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

predicto posted:

Government by proposition sucks in general.

at least you guys have legal weed to assuage the pain of incompetent state government tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

RaySmuckles posted:

so the already relatively well to do (property owners) didn't get hosed over. but everyone else did. but its cool because people who were already well off enough to own property in a major metropolitan area are protected (for now).

still sounds like a pretty lovely situation

Back in the old days you could buy a home despite having a blue collar job. Why should they be forced to move from their modest home because tech bros ruin things.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

quote:

In fact, ownership's trust in Paxson and Forman remains so intact that they would be retained even if the Bulls miss the postseason for a second straight season, one source said.

It's well-documented that Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and son Michael, who runs the business side as president and chief operating officer, are loyal and long have favored front-office continuity. But there's also inherent trust in the roster-building process that Paxson, Forman and their staff have in place.

One internal belief is that this represents the first season in the attempt to open a new championship window after the franchise had ridden out Derrick Rose's maximum contract — and myriad injuries — until finally trading Rose with one season left on the deal. There's also an internal feeling that Forman's publicly stated goal to remain competitive while overhauling the roster over several seasons to get younger and more athletic is working.

This team is run by loving lunatics

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish Bogut had picked to be traded to the Rockets instead of the Mavs.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Evan Turner broke his hand and CJ hit a game winner. It's a great night to be a Blazers fan!

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Is there a team more unathletic than the Bulls?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

yikes evan turner breaking his hand is actually really bad for the blazers. he had been playing well since christmas.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

yikes evan turner breaking his hand is actually really bad for the blazers. he had been playing well since christmas.

Yeah he's been good ever since he was put in the starting lineup. They should just tank (although Lillard has appeared to be thinking that for a month or so now).

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

apropros of nothing, the replies on this tweet have given me life

https://twitter.com/ImNotaPlayerTho/status/829161462522331137

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

dudes getting played or playing themselves is never not hilarious

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Oh my god that is the most brutal loving thing ever. That dude's life is over.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Might as well get that L tattooed on you

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
aim lower bruh, she got tv news anchor teeth.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Also it is always nice when Michael Jordan's dickishness is turned on someone deserving: http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/07/warriors-owner-lacob-michael-jordan-told-him-73-wins-without-a-ring-dont-mean-s/

Joe Lacob posted:

“On the collective bargaining agreement, I was on the labor committee and I was in New York having a bunch of dinners with Michael Jordan and other owners. There were six of us. Actually, Dan was one of them, Dan Gilbert. Anyway, Michael Jordan — people are drinking and having a good time and all that, but there was a moment where he said, you know, ’73 don’t mean s—.’ He did it, Michael Jordan did that. And I looked at him and I just decided not to make a big deal of it. I said, you know, you’re right, we didn’t win it, we had to get better.”

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIOY2ezMy9A

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dude deserves what he got for that pants and socks combo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Spoeank posted:

Dude deserves what he got for that pants and socks combo

everything coming up milhouse headass

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/latsondheimer/status/829189133243383808

Bruh.... Bruuuuuh.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

sheggery in its purest form

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

92 points, 7 assists on 76% shooting. That's dope.

And the fact that his teammate had a triple double on top of that.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

#stillsingletho

gently caress outta here

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Rick posted:

76% on twos. 7/22 on threes. Still really good though

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
There's no way that fucker doesn't post here. Someone get that poor bastard platinum

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

inx posted:

#stillsingletho

gently caress outta here

That was just weird knife twisting.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

76% on twos. 7/22 on threes. Still really good though

Oh. Yeah. Duh@me. You're right though, still good.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
UCLA is gonna be so good for the next few years

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

:golfclap:

quote:

Los Osos Coach Dave Smith called it “a joke.” He said Chino Hills players were fouling on purpose trying to prevent Los Osos from running out the clock and thus deny Ball more points.

“That’s wrong,” Smith said. “It goes against everything CIF stands for. The Ball boys are very talented and great players, but it’s embarrassing to high school athletics. I’ve been coaching for 35 years, and we’ve turned high school athletics into individualism.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh man Chino Hills used to kick the rear end of my school when I was in high school. Thank you for your service Ball Family.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Garpax will not be fired moving into the offseason" means they just won't be fired during the season, right? Firing those guys while still trying to get a lovely playoff seed seems like a bad idea.

I don't know how they think this reload is working, other than the fact that the Rose contract was probably a good deal. I mean, sure, you just fleeced New York, but keep in mind they beat out 28 other teams that would have liked to have fleeced New York!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

CharlestheHammer posted:

You ask a girl on a "friend-date" and then proceed to pull some "The Bachelor" poo poo (loving horseback riding?) you deserve way worse than what he got. She let him down easy.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Wow, John Paxson has morphed into an Ironman villain.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you think that stupid motherfucker doesn't need to be blasted in the face with the fact that he has no chance you haven't seen girls deal with "nice guys" before. She's a hero

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

If you think that stupid motherfucker doesn't need to be blasted in the face with the fact that he has no chance you haven't seen girls deal with "nice guys" before. She's a hero

You know how they say misery loves company?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

In my head canon he is actually just a really good friend and has no intentions beyond that.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Chairchucker posted:

In my head canon he is actually just a really good friend and has no intentions beyond that.

Hahah now I'm imagining him taking her on friend dates all of the time while she says stuff like "Gee I'm sure glad you're my friend, just my friend" on the ride to Top Golf

Thanks Brolic

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
She's probably taking leftovers from the meals he paid for to the dude that is blowing her back out every night. That kid has gotta be sick.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Carmelo frantically organizing the friend date of a lifetime for LeBron right now

#stillsingletho

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

From 2 ppg on 47% true shooting and no defensive talent to speak of, to never passing the ball, you outdid yourself Kyle! You wanted to set a standard for bench play and general excellence and you sure set a high one. I thank God so much for putting an amazing player like you in my life. Thank you for making me feel like a true princess. #stillsinglertho

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

He probably has a humiliation fetish and pays her to post stuff like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

LaMelo Ball (Lonzo Ball's younger brother) scored 92 points in a high school game.

• Locked thread