Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Woah demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Autonomous Monster posted:

I'm a big Kubera fan, but I kinda suspect most people will be put off by the art and the glacial pacing.

I started reading it because why not. I'm up to the 200's now. Art is fine, pacing is slow but I've read worse, but I have to say that this entire comic is irritating because of the lack of any real communication between characters.

Almost every single problem in this comic occurs because someone tells someone else to do something without explaining adequately why. Everyone is keeping everything secret from everyone else and everyone screws up everyone else as a result. Nobody seems to fully understand what's going on, and they constantly get in each others way for the dumbest reasons. The MC constantly gets in trouble because nobody explains poo poo to her, and when she fucks up she doesn't understand WHY she hosed up which just makes her feel guilty because she feels like she's always the problem.

Agni constantly refuses to tell anything at all to the fire priestess. Almost every occasion he just says "Don't worry I'll take care of whatever". Asha just bosses everyone around always and refuses to explain anything. Pretty much all the Suras like to keep each other in the dark about everything, nobody ever explains anything between anyone. I get that they're trying to keep big plot points mysterious and uncertain so people don't just know what's going to happen in advance, but as a reader it's getting more and more frustrating to follow.

Ran actually is an enjoyable character to me just because he's the first one to stand up and start asking questions. Why are you so mean to Leez? Why are you avoiding her? Why not do this, do that, etc.? Granted, everyone ignores him and his questions and nothing really gets accomplished but the fact that he at least asks them in the first place is gratifying.

khy fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 6, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:syoon:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

:yeah:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Got introduced to Out-of-Placers recently. It's a fun story, good art (the artist makes a concerted effort to improve, too), and some very well thought-out original fantasy races. It's definitely worth a look, I think.

This comic needs 180% less detail on the intricacies of gay ratmen sex and 200% more focus on the zerg people with rain man powers and then it'll be good.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tom Scioli is posting another webcomic again. Princess

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Snarlbear is officially over.

That was a pretty good run. Thanks for getting me hooked on it, thread.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm starting to think that Magnolia Porter might be a secret sadist given how she keeps making all these horrible things happen to her characters on various holidays.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Catching up on Vattu, and I'm starting to think that Cheery Slaver-Smuggler Guy might be some sort of agent provocateur. I'm also unsure of when he slipped into a military uniform, but that's probably part of it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm starting to think that Magnolia Porter might be a secret sadist given how she keeps making all these horrible things happen to her characters on various holidays.

Nah, it'll be fine. Ayo will power up now that Bina's thinking about her crush, and then Julie and Abel can just...uh...hm.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Someone help me, there was this zombie webcomic I read a while ago that was named after the town it was set in. I can't remember the name, only that it was hard to spell.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Breadmaster posted:

Someone help me, there was this zombie webcomic I read a while ago that was named after the town it was set in. I can't remember the name, only that it was hard to spell.

It's not specifically a zombie comic, but Broodhollow is the first horror comic that springs to mind named after the town it's set in.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Zerilan posted:

It's not specifically a zombie comic, but Broodhollow is the first horror comic that springs to mind named after the town it's set in.

Nope, it was specifically zombies. One of the main characters works at an animal clinic and sort of adopts a pair of Ravens.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Poppy has returned. Rejoice, kill the fatted calf, sing jubilation, and so forth.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

idonotlikepeas posted:

Poppy has returned. Rejoice, kill the fatted calf, sing jubilation, and so forth.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

idonotlikepeas posted:

:unsmith:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

idonotlikepeas posted:

The noble tradition of tormenting ones own child.

Also woah lady calm down about Boris there.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I hope tertiary characters continue to have these little moments over Boris turning out to be a huge dweeb.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Apologies if this was posted already, it probably was, but I haven't seen it while going through the early part of the thread.

I'm looking for a couple of completed comics and some in progress by an artist who I think is Norwegian, done in MS Paint. There's one about a woman who finds a sword that turns her into a fighter, and goes through different dimensions fighting monsters, there's one about a guy who is mistaken for an alien agent and gets taken to different planets while trying to conceal his identity, there's one who undergoes a brain experiment which allows him to communicate with himself in other parallel universes, and a few others. I know they've come up in the various webcomic threads but can't remember the guy's name.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Croisquessein posted:

Apologies if this was posted already, it probably was, but I haven't seen it while going through the early part of the thread.

I'm looking for a couple of completed comics and some in progress by an artist who I think is Norwegian, done in MS Paint. There's one about a woman who finds a sword that turns her into a fighter, and goes through different dimensions fighting monsters, there's one about a guy who is mistaken for an alien agent and gets taken to different planets while trying to conceal his identity, there's one who undergoes a brain experiment which allows him to communicate with himself in other parallel universes, and a few others. I know they've come up in the various webcomic threads but can't remember the guy's name.

Oyvin Thorsby, here's the thread

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Thanks! Time to binge read it all again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh dear, is Allison considering cancelling Bad Machinery again or does he just mean we're near the end of the storyline? :ohdear:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Anyone else confused by the perspective? Is Linton's hand on his hip or on the small of Lottie's back?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dabir posted:

Anyone else confused by the perspective? Is Linton's hand on his hip or on the small of Lottie's back?

I'm going to say neither.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The noble tradition of tormenting ones own child.

Also woah lady calm down about Boris there.
It elicits a measured and thoughtful response.

Also, it's good to have Poppy back :3:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Actual ropes. Eat poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh dear, is Allison considering cancelling Bad Machinery again or does he just mean we're near the end of the storyline? :ohdear:
"indefinite hiatus"
https://twitter.com/badmachinery/status/834795898945335296

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh nooooo! (to Bad Machinery ending. The Further Adventures of Shelley Winters - as well as possibly Erin & The Boy - sounds delightful.)

Also careful, Lottie. Remember what happened the last time your mum dated a guy working in sewage management?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Well, if the Bad Machinery kids get much older, they'll be at university and he's already doing a series about Esther De Groot at university so....

Perhaps they could all go.to the same university and solve mysteries there?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

He was burned so hard when he left SGR to start BM, so I imagine he feels plenty of pressure to keep it going for as long as he possibly can. But that's not a great fate for good comics. I'll be sad to see BM end, but eagerly looking forward to whatever he tries next.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

every good thing must end

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pistol_Pete posted:

Well, if the Bad Machinery kids get much older, they'll be at university and he's already doing a series about Esther De Groot at university so....

Perhaps they could all go.to the same university and solve mysteries there?

Esther will have left uni a long time ago by this point. She left three years before BM even started when the kids were what, 8? Don't think there's many 8 year degree courses.

Misunderstood sorry.

Giant Days is good but I feel having two comics with pretty much the same setup at the same time would risk getting repetitive. And not much of a potential 'next generation' in the wings right now, like what, Sunny's sister and Humphrey? Shelley and Amy's kids?

Dabir fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 24, 2017

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

He was burned so hard when he left SGR to start BM,
Burned? What?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything must end, now, today

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Galvanik posted:

Burned? What?

He's talked before about how he lost a lot of readership when SGR ended and he'd probably be better off financially if he just kept doing that forever.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Aw. I had started SGR shortly before the long arc that started with Ryan trying to meet his murdered girlfriend and ending with Erin going to Hell. Eventually through rereading, I found stories as a whole were more self-contained, but I missed the smarmy serial even though I mostly enjoyed the remainder of SGR. I remember having some doubts about Bad Machinery when it was announced, but I stuck with it and overall I think I enjoyed it more. Shelley is alright, but she just dominates every scene she's in, while all the mystery kids had a chance to shine (Linton not as much as the others, but still)

I think it's mostly that while all his comics have clever writing and silliness, Bad Machinery also had parts that moved me in a way Scary Go Round never did and is why the Case of the Fire Inside is my favorite.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, BM has always been more focused and meaningful than SGR ever was. So by analogy, I hope he finds it in him to end BM and embark on something new even though continuing BM indefinitely would be fun and profitable in every sense of both words. I like to see artists grow and find new foundations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I keep forgetting Ava's Demon is updating again.

• Locked thread