Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

One thing I wonder is, why Virion? Why was he made the starter archer guy while the rest of characters you begin with are new (well Anna isn't new but you know what I mean)?

You also start with Matthew and Raigh. Virion was just chosen for the ranged attack part of the tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm honestly stunned there isn't a limit like that, many other games have such a limit, even ones without PVP.

I haven't checked the PAD thread in months but last time I did the meta team comp was literally a team of the exact same (farmable) unit and nothing else. Monster Strike didn't have that limit either. I'm sure some games have that limit in place but it doesn't seem very common in gacha games.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Evil Fluffy posted:

I haven't checked the PAD thread in months but last time I did the meta team comp was literally a team of the exact same (farmable) unit and nothing else. Monster Strike didn't have that limit either. I'm sure some games have that limit in place but it doesn't seem very common in gacha games.

DBZ Dokkan battle is one of the most successful gacha games out right now and it has that limit.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Some stupid schmuck spent $1,000 on this game and capped out his barracks.

:eyepop:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I figure out how to Merge. YAY!

Hey is there an IRC channel or Discord for FE Heroes yet?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
If you had Hector and Camilla, would you run them on the same team even though they're both greens (and there's a poo poo ton of reds around)?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Nice to pull a 5*, but I don't know how to feel about this!

edit: lovely.

is it possible to get screwed this hard by RNG? Or are her stats really just this bad?

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 8, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

CompeAnansi posted:

If you had Hector and Camilla, would you run them on the same team even though they're both greens (and there's a poo poo ton of reds around)?

No, because Camilla kinda sucks.

I mean, I do have both of them and I don't run Camilla; this isn't just hypothetical to me.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Clarste posted:

No, because Camilla kinda sucks.

I mean, I do have both of them and I don't run Camilla; this isn't just hypothetical to me.

Ehhhhh that's a bit strong. She's a good axe unit, she's just not Hector.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
seriously do characters level up worse if you don't grind out their experience? I just don't get it. Catria's stats seem to be terrible for her level and potential

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 8, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Haroshia posted:

Ehhhhh that's a bit strong. She's a good axe unit, she's just not Hector.

I'm not really sure she's good either. I mean, I'm sure she'd help you steamroll over the early game, but her ATK is really quite bad (worse than my healer, honestly). Obviously that's supposed to be balanced out by the Brave Axe, but that just means she gets double the armor penalties too. And she's not fast enough to get 4x hits on anything that matters, even with Darting Blow. And even if by some miracle they're using a pegasus knight or some other squishy Blue unit, after she's done attacking she's a sitting duck with a -5 SPD penalty who's vulnerable to almost every kind of slayer weapon at the same time. And she's Green, which is inherently the worst color with all these Reds around.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 8, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

No Hector or Leo. Reroll.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Clarste posted:

I'm not really sure she's good either. I mean, I'm sure she'd help you steamroll over the early game, but her ATK is really quite bad (worse than my healer, honestly). Obviously that's supposed to be balanced out by the Brave Axe, but that just means she gets double the armor penalties too. And she's not fast enough to get 4x hits on anything that matters, even with Darting Blow. And even if by some miracle they're using a pegasus knight or some other squishy Blue unit, after she's done attacking she's a sitting duck with a -5 SPD penalty who's vulnerable to almost every kind of slayer weapon at the same time. And she's Green, which is inherently the worst color with all these Reds around.

I agree. I still think she'll have a place once we get away from "SWORDS FOR DAYS+TACUMI" meta. Her Resistance is good and she works really well as a caster killer.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 8, 2017

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Camilla gets better the more people run mages but she's never useful if the meta is defined by high Defense and atk debuffs

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
Really, the best thing you can say about Camilla is that she's a hard counter for Robin, who is a really strong anti-meta pick against all the red swordlords and Takumis running around.

She's not the best unit, but she's got her niche.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I run Camilla with Robin and Takumi. I haven't yet encountered a team the three couldn't handle.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

No Hector or Leo. Reroll.

Leo kinda meh

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I have Takumi and Lucina but no good green dudes or flyers. Should I keep rolling or wait for the next batch?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

i can't decide if child chicken is any good or just dies to falchioners

Virtue posted:

I have Takumi and Lucina but no good green dudes or flyers. Should I keep rolling or wait for the next batch?

keep that poo poo, flyers suck and there are like two really good green dudes

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Phyresis posted:

i can't decide if child chicken is any good or just dies to falchioners

keep that poo poo, flyers suck and there are like two really good green dudes

Should have clarified I'm not rerolling, just debating if I should spend more orbs. Having trouble knocking out the hard February quests that require a green/flying ally

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Virtue posted:

Should have clarified I'm not rerolling, just debating if I should spend more orbs. Having trouble knocking out the hard February quests that require a green/flying ally

I mean what would you even pull for tho, Camilla? Rly not worth orbs for her

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Maxed my castle, back up to 40 orbs. The urge to pull is strong, but I'm pretty handily decimating everything with my team of 5*Azuna/5*Takumi/4*Nino/4*Cherche.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The best part of this game is the owl tbh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone who gets poison strike is pretty good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

One thing I wonder is, why Virion? Why was he made the starter archer guy while the rest of characters you begin with are new (well Anna isn't new but you know what I mean)?

Literally the only archer we got in awakening. He stands out?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

Literally the only archer we got in awakening. He stands out?

noire

noire

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
2nd gens are optional

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tired Moritz posted:

2nd gens are optional

noire isn't optional :colbert:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

They used Virion in #FE Mirage Sessions or whatever that was called too. I guess he's popular in Japan or something?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm not letting Tharja get laid

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

They used Virion in #FE Mirage Sessions or whatever that was called too. I guess he's popular in Japan or something?
Well, for that game, name any archers that stood out from Marth's two games outside of one or two quirky lines. Yeah, almost none.

As for the "Why not Noire?" argument, I guess with Tharja being in the game they didn't want to double-down by having Noire in as well.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I guess the Japanese Twitter mentioned that since we reached the 10k goal so fast they'll add in another reward.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
smdh at puttin in selena over severa

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

AradoBalanga posted:

Well, for that game, name any archers that stood out from Marth's two games outside of one or two quirky lines. Yeah, almost none.

As for the "Why not Noire?" argument, I guess with Tharja being in the game they didn't want to double-down by having Noire in as well.

They could have put Wil in :colbert:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Grozz Nuy posted:

They could have put Wil in :colbert:

TMS only had characters from games Tiki was in, because she's a central figure.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 8, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tired Moritz posted:

You're mean

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tired Moritz posted:

Not even for BLOOD AND THUNDER! (?)

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Clarste posted:

I really hope the Mirage Session blends get put into this. Who doesn't want their Idol Singing Mage?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Idk why everyone's hating on Virion, I have had nothing but positive experience with the 4* version of him and his sultry voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tagichatn posted:

gently caress my fellow man

Trumpsamerica.txt