Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Mirthless posted:

is it possible to get screwed this hard by RNG? Or are her stats really just this bad?

? 111 points at 20 with a killer weapon is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ugh, despite hitting all my collectoritis buttons, I'm not really seeing the draw of the gameplay in this. It's just so bland and cut down.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I don't really get that. It feels only slightly simplified to me. Earlier I was low on stamina so I was just passing time running my worst level 1s through the first training level. It was nice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The game would be better with 5 units on each team

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like it'd lose something, honestly. By making the teams feel too small to hold everyone you want, they force you to make a tough, and therefore interesting, decision on who to cut. If there was more slack for team-building, it would be even less interesting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So how high are you guys leveling your 4* units?

Also I snagged 3* Robin would he be a worthwhile target to working way towards getting 5* eventually?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The fights are short and brutal and can fall apart if you make a mistake or get into a traffic jam. I didn't think 4v4 on a 6x8 map would be interesting but it turns out it can be.

dog house
Sep 13, 2012

1k for 2 green 5* units.

Nice.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
he didn't even get a hector lmao

meanwhale this guy "Spent $40, 2 hectors, 1 Leo, no other 5*"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've done 3 full pulls from free orbs. No 5*

Not one. :(

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

So how high are you guys leveling your 4* units?
I'm leveling mine up just as high as my 5*s because otherwise I wouldn't be able to field a full team

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Synthbuttrange posted:

I sympathise with this

I think I've done like 6 pulls from free orbs, and 1 from paid, and have three 5*

Tiki (dunno if it's adult or kid, her tag says scion), Marth, and Leo

Marth is a loving beast though

redux
Apr 23, 2008
Japanese twitter just posted that tomorrow there will be a special map that will unlock a 3* character, looks like a new guy but I am not versed enough in FE to know who it is.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

After restarting forever to get a 5*, I haven't pulled one again. I am up to 8% chance to pull a 5 star now. (4+4).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

redux posted:

Japanese twitter just posted that tomorrow there will be a special map that will unlock a 3* character, looks like a new guy but I am not versed enough in FE to know who it is.

I think it's Narcian, one of the villains in FE6. He's already in the game as an enemy on one map, but he's not in the gacha.

Apparently we're also getting the poll results tomorrow.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

redux posted:

link?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/829225491567616000

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Pulled a 5* Robin! I mean I'd just awoken my 3* one to 4*, but okay. Also pulled a Frederick, too bad he's 3* but I like the guy anyway that I might take him for a whirl.

At least I now have a 5* of the three primary colours now (Corrin, Robin, Hector). I'd pull for Takumi if I didn't loathe him - I'd rather grab Niles.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Takumi is good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
jesus Stratum 10 doesnt mess around. granted i dont have a god squad, robin is my only AAA unit, but drat. managed to squeeze a win but basically zero EXP for it since basically anyone who got frags died.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

So did I. So much so, that after my 6th no 5* pull, I decided to reroll! And somehow, I am at my 3rd 5* now.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Jesus Christ Takumi and Robin are terrifying in the duel arena.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

So somebody upthread mentioned getting a daily download every night for 400mb, and I want to chime in that the same thing has been happening to me for the last three nights. Anyone know what causes this?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I recall earlier in the thread some people poo poo talking brave weapons and Abel specifically. Guess who obliterates all these red swords and Instagibs Takumi?
Real talk, his defense is poo poo, but his passive means he gets two defensive strikes and the enemy only gets one offensive regardless of speed if they're a sword user.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Am I going crazy or did the pull chances change over night??
Yesterday when I started playing this it said 5% 5* chance and now it's 3.75% and 3.25%?
What's going on?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The rate starts at 3% and goes up something like .25% every time you do a 5-pull and don't get a 5* unit.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Figure I'll throw my 100 buck talk in for reference.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Any Team recommendations?

Edit: wow I had a great pull

So any Team recommendations?

the panacea fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 8, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Clarste posted:

I'm not really sure she's good either. I mean, I'm sure she'd help you steamroll over the early game, but her ATK is really quite bad (worse than my healer, honestly). Obviously that's supposed to be balanced out by the Brave Axe, but that just means she gets double the armor penalties too. And she's not fast enough to get 4x hits on anything that matters, even with Darting Blow. And even if by some miracle they're using a pegasus knight or some other squishy Blue unit, after she's done attacking she's a sitting duck with a -5 SPD penalty who's vulnerable to almost every kind of slayer weapon at the same time. And she's Green, which is inherently the worst color with all these Reds around.

Camilla's fine. She's a valuable part of my 4,230 score Arena team (6 perfect advanced wins, 1 advanced win where Camilla died because I was dumb and didn't leave her an escape route). And this is a 4 star Camilla, at that. She's got 32 Atk at level 37/4* and she still gets a kill per arena fight on average.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "vulnerable to almost every kind of slayer weapon" because she's not. Wyverns aren't dragons in this game. She's only vulnerable to bows and axebreakers, and she's not gonna beat anyone with a sword in combat anyway. She's killed her fair share of Takumis, though (Robin isn't fast enough to double Takumi, but Robin dealing the first hit for minimal return damage and Camilla following up with 2 more hits is always enough).

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Idk who that axe person is, but id use them over Camilla because she's just a liability. At least in arena. Since flyers are only two move, they do not make up for being so easily disposed.
As someone without the "s" tier units, i get giddy when i see her preview because it 100% guarantees a 4v3 for me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If you're talking about the girl with the bandana, she's basically another wyvern riding axe rider so might as well keep Camilla.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Oh hey, just pulled a 5* Lucina from my first 20 orbs after the rerolls. (And after the orbs I used maxing the castle.)

So I've been having trouble leveling my 3* Cecilia to 20, as she never seems able to duel anything, and if I try to set up kills with the rest of the squad, they just kill their targets with counters... assuming they don't one-shot the enemy units that is. She was my only ranged, so I really wanted to get her to 4* ASAP, but now I pulled a 4* Nino alongside that Lucina, and I wonder if it might not be better to just switch to her instead and save the feathers.

Going back to my 3* Cecilia, if I were to get her to 4*, will I still have to unlock her 4* weapon or will she just get it upon being promoted? Asking because I was stockpiling the SP to unlock that weapon, so I want to know before spending it on a possibly redundant unlock.

Also, is it true that SP gain is capped, and once you hit lvl 40 you don't get the small SP amount when killing units within your lvl range? Wouldn't that mean that for characters like Lyn and Lucina, (I have both.) you're going to be forced to grind as many units within the bottom of their lvl range as possible just to stockpile enough SP for their 500 SP skills? If this is true, upgrading the castle effectively works against you.

If the only way to get more SP at lvl 40 is merging duplicates, I'm kind of worried it's going to make natural 5* characters a complete nightmare to max their skills with.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So why are all the arena opponents so much stronger than my team? They're not higher level or anything but they're all constantly getting double attacks, even enemies that lose the weapon triangle are one shotting my strongest units.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I got a successful defense

:toot:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

My first defense this week clocked in at 248 points, just two shy of the max bonus, which was a little frustrating. Luckily I got a second one a few hours later which crept me up just over the threshold.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sophism posted:

Also, is it true that SP gain is capped, and once you hit lvl 40 you don't get the small SP amount when killing units within your lvl range? Wouldn't that mean that for characters like Lyn and Lucina, (I have both.) you're going to be forced to grind as many units within the bottom of their lvl range as possible just to stockpile enough SP for their 500 SP skills? If this is true, upgrading the castle effectively works against you.

That's not true, you still get SP at level 40. And, well, my 5* characters had like 500 extra SP by the time they got to 40 anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
did they misspell Donnel's voice actor's name because who the hell is Sam Regal?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

So somebody upthread mentioned getting a daily download every night for 400mb, and I want to chime in that the same thing has been happening to me for the last three nights. Anyone know what causes this?

Your phone is corrupting your locally saved data so it's recovering from the nintendo account server every day.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sophism posted:

Going back to my 3* Cecilia, if I were to get her to 4*, will I still have to unlock her 4* weapon or will she just get it upon being promoted? Asking because I was stockpiling the SP to unlock that weapon, so I want to know before spending it on a possibly redundant unlock.

You'll still have to unlock everything that wasn't already unlocked before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I spent roughly $60 in a moment of weakness.

No 5-stars. :sigh: