Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

V. Illych L. posted:

well no, but our national public broadcaster once had a twelve-hour broadcast devoted to every aspect of firewood and home fires

not much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

you sticken me

you dont scare me your bark is worse than your bite

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

home fires as in the cozy kind, not as in the "you no longer have a home, only cinders" kind

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gin and Juche posted:

you dont scare me your bark is worse than your bite

:bisonyes:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mandatory lesbian posted:

wrasslin and politics are sister industries?

yep they function exactly the same

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Muppets On PCP posted:

They do now, in any event.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

V. Illych L. posted:

well no, but our national public broadcaster once had a twelve-hour broadcast devoted to every aspect of firewood and home fires

I thought you guys were more into church fires

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They do now, in any event.

they have for a very long time

what is a blue dog but a heel

what is a mock filibuster of an appointee or bill after cloture's already been whipped but a worked shoot

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

they have for a very long time

what is a blue dog but a heel

what is a mock filibuster of an appointee or bill after cloture's already been whipped but a worked shoot

Really tempted to get a ticket to that Road to Wrestlemania thing that's happening around here next month.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Aeryk posted:

Can you be 'really into firewood'
mum's a fire enthusiast

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
https://youtu.be/Fq9nPmev938

with a special guest!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/555367040907612160

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i wonder if an accent is required to be in one of his videos

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
anything fun happen lately

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aves Maria! posted:

anything fun happen lately

Warren was kicked out of the debate about Session's confirmation hearing because she said mean (but true) things about him.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

So um anyone wanna get federal/state funding and start up Hail Satan Elementary?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i can't believe they're going to confirm all of his picks

this is the end of the world

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i can't believe they're going to confirm all of his picks

this is the end of the world

There's still one more shot, if they don't change the Senate rules and the filibuster still stands for Supreme Court nominees.

(Spoiler: they will change the rules. :smithicide:)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's still one more shot, if they don't change the Senate rules and the filibuster still stands for Supreme Court nominees.

(Spoiler: they will change the rules. :smithicide:)

They'll also throw a hissy fit when the pendulum swings back left about not being able to filibuster poo poo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mustached Demon posted:

They'll also throw a hissy fit when the pendulum swings back left about not being able to filibuster poo poo.

I think it's going to have to be pulled back, but yeah, I suppose. Cold comfort now.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
remember when the dems held the executive with a clear mandate and the legislature with a super majority and then decided to compromise everything because they were worried about the optics?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

remember when the dems held the executive with a clear mandate and the legislature with a super majority and then decided to compromise everything because they were worried about the optics?

Yeah. Next time that has a chance of happening, I'm going to mail and phone and badger my elected officials in person to make sure it won't.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah. Next time that has a chance of happening, I'm going to mail and phone and badger my elected officials in person to make sure it won't.

They won't listen.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Next time?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

If you're asking whether I think there will be a next time with a Democratic majority in both Houses and a Democratic President, I hope so, but this was all under the assumption that the pendulum will come back.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i wonder if an accent is required to be in one of his videos

you got a problem with that

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If you're asking whether I think there will be a next time with a Democratic majority in both Houses and a Democratic President, I hope so, but this was all under the assumption that the pendulum will come back.

It will swing back and the Democratic party will pick decorum over having a spine.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mustached Demon posted:

It will swing back and the Democratic party will pick decorum over having a spine.

I won't let my legislators do that. By then I'll be on first name basis with some of them, I hope.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I won't let my legislators do that. By then I'll be on first name basis with some of them, I hope.

I've decided to run for school board once I have skin in that game. Just need to figure out how to convince the voters to go with the scientist.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mustached Demon posted:

I've decided to run for school board once I have skin in that game. Just need to figure out how to convince the voters to go with the scientist.

Tell them that you're going to build a cell wall, and have the macrophages pay for it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Tell them that you're going to build a cell wall, and have the macrophages pay for it.

drat that's some mighty fine use of the wall meme.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/omen_syria/status/829140729855406080

gently caress youuuu

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
hey ghostofjohnmuir i just realized you're the guy in youjo senki that gets resurrected as tanya

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
CEO of King Center and Daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King and Coretta Scott King, Bernice King posted this on her Facebook page tonight.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://youtu.be/pleaE_ABN-o

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else but somebody suggested--how long will it be until Trump just switches to saying he already released his tax returns?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

when is trump gonna be hit in the head with a chair while the ref ain't looking

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

AARO posted:

CEO of King Center and Daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King and Coretta Scott King, Bernice King posted this on her Facebook page tonight.

Last paragraph is key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Homura and Sickle posted:

hey ghostofjohnmuir i just realized you're the guy in youjo senki that gets resurrected as tanya

i don't have a lisp

• Locked thread