Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Nah he's just dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Tim's relation of the Trump courtroom video where the man makes up excuses to avoid having to read aloud in public makes me really curious to know if there are any recorded examples of it happening at all. Is it possible that he's dyslexic?

Every speech he's ever given on prompter?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Piss Pitts?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Neon Noodle posted:

Why are you all so mean to Mother

http://www.cafe.com/carl-diggler-analysis-dems-using-mothers-good-boy-theory-politics-win-2016/

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Tim's relation of the Trump courtroom video where the man makes up excuses to avoid having to read aloud in public makes me really curious to know if there are any recorded examples of it happening at all. Is it possible that he's dyslexic?

Samantha Bee, I know, but Trump may be illiterate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LFkN7QGp2c

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
My grandfather was an illiterate Kentucky hillbilly who nonetheless, during the postwar boom period, became a successful businessman. Just a very charismatic dude and my grandmother read the contracts and did the books. So I guess it may well be possible to become President of the United States without knowing how to read. Just so long as you have people around you to cover for you.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Piss Christ?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

SMP posted:

Piss Christ?

Moon god?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Have the boys ever covered Scott Adams in depth?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Human Tornada posted:

Have the boys ever covered Scott Adams in depth?
Impromptu but there's a long digression on him in the first James Adomian episode.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

SousaphoneColossus posted:

New Scumbag with Felix and special guest Bill Corbett. I enjoyed it.

Gave this a shot and within minutes was reminded why I stopped listening to Scumbag.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never listened to Scumbag. Why should/shouldn't I?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm about to ask something profoundly ignorant, and I refuse to hide behind a google search like some kind of coward lib.

Is Carl Diggler a real person?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The Crotch posted:

It's not very political and is much more focused on the various freaks of the internet, at least in theory. It's Felix and some British advertising guy bullshitting usually by themselves about YouTube personalities and the like. It's nowhere near as entertaining to me personally as Chapo, but I'll put it on sometimes at work to have something to listen to. The good content is really front loaded in the early episodes, imo

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm about to ask something profoundly ignorant, and I refuse to hide behind a google search like some kind of coward lib.

Carl Diggler is real and my dad

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Narrator posted:

it must be terrible to be separated from your beloved father by that hateful family court judge. stay strong!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The Narrator posted:

Your dad misses you, and wishes you could convince your mother to be more forgiving in family court.

E: :argh:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Fathers' Jail is a hard place for a man.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I keep wondering who they use as the photo model for Diggler. I almost thought it was Matt without his beard and with a decent haircut but still.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
I have always wondered who plays Diggler. (e:f,b) If it was just a photograph or two or three of him I'd assume they were just using stock photos but they seem to have had a guy specifically to model as Carl Diggler.

The Crotch posted:

Mostly it's just that I find Ed very, very annoying, there's something nails-on-the-chalkboard about him. But I guess also that there's not much of a rapport between the hosts. It's like instead of a conversation, they're just each taking turns talking to themselves about the same topic.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

The Narrator posted:

and we almost lost him when he went to cover Syria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ns6whVpyJo

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

The Crotch posted:

There's one great episode where they talk about some youtube nutters like demoniusx and dan quinn but most of the show is retreading internet drama and being unsympathetic to people with depression. I know those are pillars of this site but I'd give it a miss.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I think it's a shame they just sort of retired Diggler instead of having him turn out to be behind a series of family court bombings or trapping him in an elevator to hell.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yes, Jonas, there is a Carl Diggler. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The reading from Shapiro's book got flat in the end, and I switched off. Heidecker didn't seem to care, and the chuckling while reading unfunny bits didn't help.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Well Jonas the reason that the Carl Diggler at our mall looks different than the one in the mall next town over is that those are actually Carl Diggler's helpers. His bitch ex has him paying so much support there just literally has to be more of him to manage that and to answer the summonses of biased family court judges who think getting a light niquil buzz breaks the sobriety clause of the visitation agreement.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

The Time Dissolver posted:

I have always wondered who plays Diggler. (e:f,b) If it was just a photograph or two or three of him I'd assume they were just using stock photos but they seem to have had a guy specifically to model as Carl Diggler.

I (very autistically) noticed that the parking signs in the background of one of the photos looked Russian. It's probably just a stock photo model.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

mike12345 posted:

The reading from Shapiro's book got flat in the end, and I switched off. Heidecker didn't seem to care, and the chuckling while reading unfunny bits didn't help.

I found it funny that they were all setting up how horrible it was, and Heidecker's response was a diplomatic "writing's not easy".

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Fuckin' hell this is been a great week for goofin' on Alex Jones

https://twitter.com/hateshaliek/status/829097929080123392

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Jonas Albrecht posted:

He's just a character created by Felix and Virgil as a satire of pundits like Ron Fournier

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
What was the audio at the beginning of the last episode with Tim Heidecker? The British guy talking about dumb people wearing clothes with words on them.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

What was the audio at the beginning of the last episode with Tim Heidecker? The British guy talking about dumb people wearing clothes with words on them.

Just going from that description I'm gonna guess The Thick Of It.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Just going from that description I'm gonna guess The Thick Of It.

Thanks! You are correct!

quote:

"I know this is what they think people like me think, so I hate thinking it, but I just find myself thinking that they're from a different loving species. You know, with their t-shirts and weird trousers and tabards. Why do they wear clothing with writing on it? And why are they so fat?"
Hugh Abbot, on the general public.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Crotch posted:

If you like hearing a British guy constantly waffle on calling himself a moderate and pronounce "woman" and "women" interchangeably, it's your destination. It's also nice to hear Felix be more low key and talk about internet weirdos.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

I Before E posted:

pronounce "woman" and "women"

this is 100% the most annoying thing about scumbag

other than that, it's not in my top five podcasts, but it's pretty decent if I run out of new episodes of my top five (i'm not an archive listener kind of guy). It often feels aimless but there are quality bits almost every episode

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

emdash posted:

this is 100% the most annoying thing about scumbag

other than that, it's not in my top five podcasts, but it's pretty decent if I run out of new episodes of my top five (i'm not an archive listener kind of guy). It often feels aimless but there are quality bits almost every episode

Yeah this is about my take. Jesse is a terrible host though.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Who is the guy with the mustache who 'plays' Carl in photos and videos?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Intercepted is ok. It's like democracy now for millennials. Less protest folk songs and more bad rap. Scahill is pretty far up Amy goodmans rear end too.

Still, the open to this weeks podcast is pretty good. Trump as Captain Willard from apocalypse now.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

GalacticAcid posted:

Horseshoe theory is retarded but "deranged dudes constantly online share imbecilic delusions regardless of their politics" is real

No, Horseshoe theory is completely correct, see below

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Horseshoe theory is that one dril tweet