Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Exactly. As. Planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And here we go

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
All according to ᎠᏟᎶᏍᏙᏗ*

*ᎠᏟᎶᏍᏙᏗ means plan

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Curious. I would have thought Coyote wouldn't want other powers reaching in on his games, specifically Annie, but perhaps he considers this a greater victory against the Court? He's capable of playing a long con when it suits.

Hell, for all we know he's always wanted Annie to go over completely to "his" side and her being an agent of the gods of death and the gods of life at once is going to make her some serious enemies in the upper echelons of the Court...not that she's lacking.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Curious. I would have thought Coyote wouldn't want other powers reaching in on his games, specifically Annie, but perhaps he considers this a greater victory against the Court? He's capable of playing a long con when it suits.

Hell, for all we know he's always wanted Annie to go over completely to "his" side and her being an agent of the gods of death and the gods of life at once is going to make her some serious enemies in the upper echelons of the Court...not that she's lacking.

I'm pretty sure it's the lack of Jeanne he's reacting to, not the psychopomp stuff.

Regy Rusty posted:

There's also the fact that the court put Jeanne there for a reason. Once she's gone I'm sure that reason is going to present itself.

Hee hee hee

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 6, 2017

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
It's good to see someone smiling after everything that just happened.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hadn't thought Jeanne remaining in the river was a part of the Court's plan, is this confirmed anywhere?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jeanne was put there to protect the court from something. Until now all we had was a shrewd guess as to what specifically.

This latest page is an indication that guess was right.

Also what do you mean confirmed anywhere it was extensively explored in Annie's investigation throughout the comic.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
That's not good

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I hadn't thought Jeanne remaining in the river was a part of the Court's plan, is this confirmed anywhere?

Basically all of chapter 25.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
My brain is having trouble parsing Coyote's shape in panel 3. :confused:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Strangepants posted:

My brain is having trouble parsing Coyote's shape in panel 3. :confused:

That's his nose

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
Oh! I thought panels 3 and 4 were one large panel...

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think the theory that Kat is actually the super computer that Kat's mom was referring to when she explained her "magic" makes the most sense. She's basically been the Court's secret weapon this whole time, and she's demonstrating her value by effectively neutering any etheric threat that comes her way. She could be a real asset to the Court indeed.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think the theory that Kat is actually the super computer that Kat's mom was referring to when she explained her "magic" makes the most sense.

:what:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Now you've hosed up! You've hosed up now!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ʇɹɐɯs os ɯɐ ᴉ

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Oh hey, it's the guy in my avatar again. He seems happy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm extremely intrigued by renard025_partyparents and wish I could see it

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
something something this guy? blah blah Eglamore? :effort:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Oops thought Imagebucket was safe to link from.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

EmmyOk posted:

I don't believe coyote would do something bad therefore he won't

I believe Coyote would do something he thinks is fun and therefore he will.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
I like that the teenagers of Gunnerkrigg Court frequently act like real teenagers. If they feel there's been an injustice they'll go straight to doing whatever they think will provide recompense for the injured party, without taking the time to talk to the villain or considering alternate routes of action. For example, say they discover the murderghost guarding the moat around their home is actually the trapped soul of a woman who was unjustly doomed to the task for all eternity. Turning someone into a murderghost is bad, so we'll spend years planning on setting her free without ever asking exactly what she's guarding against.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awwwwww yeah boi! Time for Coyote to throw a party at The Court!

And there ain't no party like a Coyote party cause a Coyote party LEAVES NO SURVIVORS!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

ATP5G1 posted:

I like that the teenagers of Gunnerkrigg Court frequently act like real teenagers. If they feel there's been an injustice they'll go straight to doing whatever they think will provide recompense for the injured party, without taking the time to talk to the villain or considering alternate routes of action. For example, say they discover the murderghost guarding the moat around their home is actually the trapped soul of a woman who was unjustly doomed to the task for all eternity. Turning someone into a murderghost is bad, so we'll spend years planning on setting her free without ever asking exactly what she's guarding against.

Well I mean, they know that she was guarding against the Forest. But Coyote's such a swell guy he wouldn't do anything bad, right?

Right?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Well I mean, they know that she was guarding against the Forest. But Coyote's such a swell guy he wouldn't do anything bad, right?

Right?

He did promise. So HE won't do anything bad. Can't do anything about if people from the forest who aren't him do though!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GodFish posted:

He did promise. So HE won't do anything bad. Can't do anything about if people from the forest who aren't him do though!

Also, a lot of the things in the forest are monsters that eat people.

So, yeah, some bad stuff is about to go down.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
An all out war between the Court and the Forest is something that'd be pretty incredible to see. It'd be an interesting direction for the narrative to take.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats why the pomps wanted an extra set of hands.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Couplea reminders:

1: It's possible that nobody in charge of the modern court remembers that the early court put Jeanne down there. I'd say it's likely: The flashback scene had the conspirators talking about burying their actions, Jeanne was spoken of as a complete unknown mystery to Jones and RotD and the spirit guides, and the modern court is characterized as indifferent. I think that little camera robot was the only available memory of why Jeanne was trapped down there -- or at the very least, asking any human court authority would be pointless.

2: Coyote created the divide in the first place. I'm not denying he's clearly pleased by Jeanne's disappearance here, but it's something to keep in mind. Whatever threat he poses probably isn't straightforward.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Awwwwww yeah boi! Time for Coyote to throw a party at The Court!

And there ain't no party like a Coyote party cause a Coyote party LEAVES NO SURVIVORS!
Raze the roof!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hot boning action goin on

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hot boning action goin on
Nooooo :smith: I wanted to say it

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Where have we seen imagery like this before? I mean the ring of bones around them, specifically.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Falconer posted:

Oh hey, it's the guy in my avatar again. He seems happy.

That's great! I love that guy!

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

Where have we seen imagery like this before? I mean the ring of bones around them, specifically.

It's similar, but probably isn't meant to be the same thing as, the "Anthony's bone antennae traps the fire elemental" thing Zimmy saw when poking around in Annie's head (in the most recently video'd chapter!).

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

SHISHKABOB posted:

When Annie was in a coma and Zimmy looked in on her dreams, she saw Coyote's bind as a ring of teeth around Annie's wrist, kind of like this?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is Coyote gonna get stabbed with his own tooth, which releases 『Coyote Requiem』?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

UM???