Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

It's a turretless TD so by default it's garbage.

the ISU is a turretless TD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Michaellaneous posted:

yep. you can do better with any same tier med or heavy

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on the Swedish lines so far? I'm only up to Tier V on both branches and I can't say I'm terribly impressed with either of them.

The Leo is a fantastic medium tank. Powerful gun with adequate handling and good gun depression, nice flat profile and good mobility.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

Have you actually played it?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
Not to stat-shame, but after taking a quick look at your performance in the UDES, I'm very unsure why you would argue that its a good tank.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The only redeeming qualites of the Udes are:

Basecamping
Bouncing a very arbitrary calibre of shells
Having accuracy that doesn't matter anyway?
Having good aimtime but only if you camp and not actually in a situation where you can be useful for your team.

Ohhhh boy. What a great tank yes.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Not to stat-shame, but after taking a quick look at your performance in the UDES, I'm very unsure why you would argue that its a good tank.

I am a bad and impatient player, and I have single handedly turned games around. It is an absurdly good vehicle in specific circumstances, most of which involve your team loving up badly but not quite disastrously. It isnt useful in every situation, but it is far from the garbage vehicle people make it out to be.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

The only redeeming qualites of the Udes are:

Basecamping
Bouncing a very arbitrary calibre of shells
Having accuracy that doesn't matter anyway?
Having good aimtime but only if you camp and not actually in a situation where you can be useful for your team.

Ohhhh boy. What a great tank yes.

Have
You
Played
It

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I am a bad and impatient player, and I have single handedly turned games around. It is an absurdly good vehicle in specific circumstances, most of which involve your team loving up badly but not quite disastrously. It isnt useful in every situation, but it is far from the garbage vehicle people make it out to be.

you've turned around 6% less games with the udes, than what you do on average.

the specific situations you mention are: when you're unspotted, outside spotting distance of the stuff you're shooting at and have shots at stuff in the middle of open fields. guess what, every tank rocks in that specific situation.

it has one of the smallest, or the smallest, hp pool on tier 8. it has no armor - you get hit, you take damage. low dpm. helpless in close quarters.

its a garbage vehicle

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Have
You
Played
It

Why
Does
Anecdotal
Evidence
Matter

I have played the UDES, 103 and 103B, and while I really enjoy the couple of moments where they excel, the overwhelming majority of the other moments where you're unable to bring its strengths to bear, be it situational or due to map restriction, make it an excruciating experience

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 8, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

If statistics are at all relevant the only tier 8 TD that beats it in a significant number of categories is the skorpion G ( for very obvious reasons). Vbaddict is accurate right?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Why
Does
Anecdotal
Evidence
Matter

Because dumping all over things you have no first hand experience with is scummy as hell.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

You realize that me asking why anecdotal evidence matters can be applied both to your anecdotal evidence, as well as Michallaneous', right?

Heck, you even say yourself that "it's an absurdly good vehicle in specific circumstances"...so is the JT88, same with the O-Ho.

In fact, I have the highest winrate of ALL the tanks I've EVER played in the O-Ho after 400-some matches with 60%, yet if someone points out the blatantly terrible qualities of it, why the gently caress would I go "BUT HAVE YOU PLAYED IT?" It literally doesn't matter. It's objectively not a good tank. It's a fun tank in exactly the areas I define as fun, and it's even absurdly good in specific circumstances, but that doesn't make it an absurdly good tank.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
i play for fun!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm genuinely having a blast playing arty on the sandbox. just topped the team for exp with a 155 58 on Ruinberg

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Be careful prav people might declare sandbox unilaterally worthless without any real knowledge of the matter except for what they read or heard somewhere.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you're not helping my case here!

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

This isn't about the UDES or you or me. This is about human nature. Don't you see, don't you get it.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I think triple boxing world of tanks will be the end of me.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Soulfucker posted:

i play for fun!

same :'(

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Be careful prav people might declare sandbox unilaterally worthless without any real knowledge of the matter except for what they read or heard somewhere.

but uhh, you talk from exerience right? your udes experience is of a 42% winrate.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Soulfucker posted:

i play for fun!

I don't. I play because I need to triple box grind to the gw e 100 arty. Only then can our master satan truly be satisfied.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

but uhh, you talk from exerience right? your udes experience is of a 42% winrate.

Its hard to dual and triple box world of tanks ok. Do you have any idea what kind of handicap that places on me and my team?

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
i dont understand what those words mean, but feel free to have wrong opinions

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

To dual box means to operate two clients at the same time or as your mother calls it "workin for a livin".

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
As the 2PAC all-stars like to say: Aroberto Aroberto U S A

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

its perfectly fine to like garbage can tanks friends.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I like an objectively bad tank. Is everyone satisfied now?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Is everyone satisfied now?
No, we're tankers and as such are beyond the reach of things like satisfaction, hope, joy and empathy

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

To dual box means to operate two clients at the same time or as your mother calls it "workin for a livin".

Dual or triple WoT?
I guess we should put you on suicide watch.
WoT is horrible by itself, why would you inflict twice of that on yourself.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

From playing the UDES I also learned a valuable lesson. Unless you are in something with a good speed and a ton of HP, or are the master of fakeouts, you will never make it close enough to see and shoot back at the UDES shooting you. With camo net, 80% camo skill, and a bush, your visibility drops to minimum.

As long as you're competent. I've managed to blast a few UDES with the super pershing simply because they don't pay attention to their surroundings, like they get this tunnel vision where they focus on a target and that becomes their only concern.

I decided to give the TD line a go and cashed in a shitload of experience points to go all the way up to the SU-100. I've always been wary because i don't like the idea of being tracked and then you're hosed. But so far I've done pretty good and being able to pen anything i come across no questions asked is loving awesome
Tiger I, ha, gently caress you. Tiger II, ha, gently caress you. M4 Sherman that somehow managed to kill half the team, ha, gently caress you

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 8, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Speaking of tigers, the japanese tiger is really disappointing.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Speaking of tigers, the japanese tiger is really disappointing.

It is perfectly good in tier 6 games, but suffers in 7's and lol in 8's. So yeah, disappointing. I guess its premium shell is pretty awesome though if I am remembering correctly?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

BadLlama posted:

It is perfectly good in tier 6 games, but suffers in 7's and lol in 8's. So yeah, disappointing. I guess its premium shell is pretty awesome though if I am remembering correctly?

It is alright, I just wish that it shared stats with the real Tiger I.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

It is alright, I just wish that it shared stats with the real Tiger I.

Well, it is a Chinese copy, and we all know how that goes

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

i like the Strv 74. it's maybe not the strongest in the tier since it's so fragile, but it's very pleasant to play because of the impeccable gun handling. a huge step up from the m/42.

I like it too. It's got great depression and is a good sniper. I still prefer the 34-85/Rudy or Cromwell, but it's a nice change of pace.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

For the 13 90, what is more important: Clutch Braking or Smooth Ride?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

For the 13 90, what is more important: Clutch Braking or Smooth Ride?

Camo, Smooth Ride, BiA, Clutch Braking. You'll never be as good a scout as your tiermates, and your only advantage is that autoloader, and you really need to be able to get into positions safely where you can throw out your shells.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Smooth Ride, that garbage tier gun angling needs all the help it can get.

Also I played one game in the UDES, and I can tell it's not the kind of tanks I do particularly well in. That whole siege mode thing is loving annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Mountain Dew and Doritos should be a crew consumable. Not sure why that hasn't made it in yet.