Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Wouldn't the DLC only be useful toward the end of the game?

nah you can enter the first one pretty early. plus if you only plan on playing the game once, you'll never go back to see the second dlc since there's no way you'd need a month to beat that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Manatee Cannon posted:

nah you can enter the first one pretty early. plus if you only plan on playing the game once, you'll never go back to see the second dlc since there's no way you'd need a month to beat that game

The gameplay video they released today sure makes it look like some endgame level content. It seems to start out in the weird place with all the sideways/upside down buildings you can see from the Kiln of the First Flame

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ghostinmyshell posted:

Oh poo poo, I had no idea Ys Origin is coming out in two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p84iejnWwA

I had a really fun time playing through it on my PC. But only as Yunica because I got pretty bored trying to play through it a second time.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Anyone here have a Pro and have issue charging controllers? I have a Pro and a new controller and it's only charging up to 2 out of 3 bars and tends to decahrge pretty quickly.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Capsaicin posted:

Anyone here have a Pro and have issue charging controllers? I have a Pro and a new controller and it's only charging up to 2 out of 3 bars and tends to decahrge pretty quickly.

Try using a wall plug and see if that gives you a full charge, if not then your battery is dead.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, random question: for those of us with a launch PS4 that had the bad DS4 sticks (mine are falling apart pretty badly), is Sony still doing the replacement option?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

I charge my controllers with a wall charger (a 1.3mAh one from a Lumia phone) and I notice that they last longer than with a full charge from my slim (also way faster too).

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Shredder posted:

What are the chances of a Horizon hardware bundle hitting the US? I see Europe has one.

Maybe I'll just wait for the pro benchmarks.

I would hold off on buying Horizon until proper reviews start coming in, even if it's a bundle. But that's just me- I never liked the Killzone series so i'll wait and see.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exploded mummy posted:

Well I mean it came out a decade ago. And on Steam like 5 years ago.

I hope you playing the second half of Ys 1 three times.

I'm gonna buy it again and play through it three more times because It's my favourite Ys.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

Well I mean it came out a decade ago. And on Steam like 5 years ago.

I hope you playing the second half of Ys 1 three times.

The Darm Tower of Ys Origin is pretty different from the Darm Tower of Ys 1 so that's not really a fair point to make. You do need to play it three times if you want to see everything, though only one route is canonical.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm gonna buy it again and play through it three more times because It's my favourite Ys.

It's my favorite Ys game too, but even I'd never play through Hugo's story again without a good reason. Don't do that to yourself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trophies :getin:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Capsaicin posted:

Are your usb ports set to supply power in rest mode?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

EDF 4.1 is going for 9.99€. I never played an EDF game but they look fun with all the bug killing and over the top presentation (like a parody of Starship Troopers). How hard is it? I'd love to try it but I want some goon opinions. It also has loads of DLCs, anything essential or should I wait to pick a pack instead of just the base game?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC isn't essential. Game is piss easy if you set it to be. It's great mindless co op fun and the classes in it are so good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Why is the PS4 store a huge pain to navigate around other than the front page? I just want to see the other listings and the search is terrible.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Alder posted:

Why is the PS4 store a huge pain to navigate around other than the front page? I just want to see the other listings and the search is terrible.

Because that way Sony can sell placement on all those stupid screens you have to skip through to game and movie publishers. Same reason you can't reorder video streaming apps in the main menu.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Alder posted:

It's saving you from buying things not on sale or new, go with it. Alternatively just sort by genre.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

use the browser version of the store, not the one on ps4. it's a lot better and searching for specific things isn't awful

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How do you make Library not always be on the far right of the list?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
NiOh is the mothafuckin truth. The beta and Last Chance Demo felt good. The game as a whole, is just loving grand. I'm so happy with it.

And in the beta I didn't give much attention to the Kusarigami (sp?) but it's really loving dope when you get used to it.

I love how you can get dudes who are gonna fall, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoiZBT31Im0

(Sorry, not sure why so dark.)

Also, do you know what stat skill directly affects the Kusarigami? (Chain and Sickle)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok after seeing all the hype around boost mode, I traded in my ps4 and a bunch of other stuff and got a pro.

THE PRO CONTROLLER THE LIGHT ALSO COMES THROUGH THE TOUCHPAD ITS AMAZING.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Digirat posted:

How do you make Library not always be on the far right of the list?

I don't think you can change that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shredder posted:

What are the chances of a Horizon hardware bundle hitting the US? I see Europe has one.

Maybe I'll just wait for the pro benchmarks.

If there is then I haven't seen one stateside at least, although I imagine they'll eventually release something along those lines. I think the game itself is kind of wait and see at the moment, there are a lot of things that look very promising but also some things that don't.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

New Dark Souls DLC looks badass as all hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij7RBkjF_go

Lotta Bloodborny stuff in it too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Also, do you know what stat skill directly affects the Kusarigami? (Chain and Sickle)

dex. if you go for that weapon you basically get all the ninja poo poo for free so its a great min max weapon that will have you poisoning bosses to death in no time

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Darksign fire sword guy looks awesome

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

New Dark Souls DLC looks badass as all hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij7RBkjF_go

Lotta Bloodborny stuff in it too.

Beautiful.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope its good because with nioh and neir i'm gonna need a real reason to revisit ds3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

Darksign fire sword guy looks awesome

I'm also a fan of hybrid amygdala/BSB/Gaping dragon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope its good because with nioh and neir i'm gonna need a real reason to revisit ds3

I'm prepping my NG+ character for the second DLC right now and somebody in the DS3 thread suggested trying the Hidden Body sorcery. It's hilarious, you can literally run past everything. It's like in old PC games when you could turn on cheats and enemies would avoid you.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Ok after seeing all the hype around boost mode, I traded in my ps4 and a bunch of other stuff and got a pro.

THE PRO CONTROLLER THE LIGHT ALSO COMES THROUGH THE TOUCHPAD ITS AMAZING.

that's all new DS4s not just the pro

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Hatsune Miku DLC is good, y'all.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

They should let me turn off the DS4 light after a few min :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alder posted:

then vr owners would complain about their vr being broken

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Alder posted:

You should enjoy the nice light :)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

Hatsune Miku DLC is good, y'all.
If you mean Future Tone, what is the schedule for the US? In Japan the first two song packs, of four each, have come out already. I think I only ended up liking one of each though.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

This. I barely even notice it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

sony finally makes a console for nocturnal insects and of course the humans complain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

If you mean Future Tone, what is the schedule for the US? In Japan the first two song packs, of four each, have come out already. I think I only ended up liking one of each though.

They are doing a season pass with four song packs in the US. One of them dropped yesterday with a few songs and modules. I was excited to play "Agage Again". I really liked it in the Diva X medley.