Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

a lovely king posted:

Abnett just posted this on his FB. It's legit.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warmaster-remind-me.html

e: :laffo: at Gaunt's surprised gnarly face.

Hopefully they'll finally release the last omnibus - but who am I kidding, it'll just be a million separate trilogy box sets that you have to buy all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

a lovely king posted:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

a lovely king posted:

Abnett just posted this on his FB. It's legit.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warmaster-remind-me.html

That's Blenner if it's anyone.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gently caress. A new GG book. Can't even remember the last one. A battle in a shrine city? Was that it? I've read a short story or two since then. How many years is this now?

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

I kind of like the idea that the Emperor was a product of some Doomsday Manhattan project, maybe to defeat the Men of Iron. It would even make sense that this coincided with the emergence of human psykers (or some attempt to unlock humanity's psychic potential after they started showing up?). It would even make some sense as to how he assembles a lab with whole legions of science types to work on the project if the first one had had some kind of disastrous result that left him unreproducible (Capt. America style).

In terms of Guilliman reappearing, I'm kind of glad the fluff is going to move on but actually a bit surprised they're not keeping 40K on a permanent turning point and exploring 30K more. Would have had just as much opportunity to sell Primarch minis, although I guess this way they have an excuse for drip dripping their release to maximise interest and sales. I'm actually curious to see what they do with the Primogenitor chapters now. The whole point of them is for people to fanfic their own chapters but it would make sense that Guilliman reforges his Legion to deal with Abaddon/Tyranids/ExistentialThreatXXX. drat them I actually want to read some fluff for this, preferably not written by the hack that wrote the Ultramarines trilogy.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Demiurge4 posted:

That's Blenner if it's anyone.

Doesn't fit Blenner's podgy description. Though the pallidness does.

Also Blenner hasn't used a bolt pistol in the past, instead using an autopistol. I think.

It's Gaunt, totally.

I cannot wait.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Southpaugh posted:

gently caress. A new GG book. Can't even remember the last one. A battle in a shrine city? Was that it? I've read a short story or two since then. How many years is this now?

Last book was Salavation's Reach where they attacked a secret Chaos base in order to trigger a civil war between the Blood Pact and the Sons of Sek. Or fuel one at least.
Then there was the second anthology which had one amazing AdMech story in it and a bunch of okay other ones.

Also I was giddy about Warmaster coming out until I saw the release date. :sigh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I remember when Warmaster was supposed to come out December 2015.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Eh, it's cool that a new one is coming out at the end of the year, but I can wait. I'm re-reading the entire series and am only on Traitor General (haven't even read Salvation's Reach at all). Then I'll just focus on other non-GG titles.

ed balls balls man
Apr 17, 2006
Am hype for some rowboat girlyman. Kinda sad Cadia is gone though.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

ed balls balls man posted:

That's what the Cadians want you to believe, clearly only a tactical genius can hide an entire planet in plain view.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cythereal posted:

I'd also enjoy toying with the idea that the Emperor was the first of what was supposed to be a New And Improved Humanity Mk. 2, and that his ultimate goal was to complete his original purpose of elevating all of mankind to his level.

What was that one book that had sisters of battle find a machine the Emperor built that turned people into Alpha plus level psychers?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ed balls balls man posted:

Cadia broke before the guard did.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The one positive thing to come from Cadia falling is that in their retconned timeframe, Cadia fell in a matter of weeks or months instead of years. Which means that Abbadon's blitzkrieg hit them before most of the offworld regiments could return home. So there are plenty of Cadian regiments still hanging around the galaxy as a result. It's certainly one of the smarter things GW did, even if it was unintentional. At least they don't murder an entire faction offscreen like they did with End Times.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

The one positive thing to come from Cadia falling is that in their retconned timeframe, Cadia fell in a matter of weeks or months instead of years. Which means that Abbadon's blitzkrieg hit them before most of the offworld regiments could return home. So there are plenty of Cadian regiments still hanging around the galaxy as a result. It's certainly one of the smarter things GW did, even if it was unintentional. At least they don't murder an entire faction offscreen like they did with End Times.

*smashes the "would you like to know more" button*

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I believe Cadia was swallowed by the eye of terror finally.

End times was the fantasy war hammer story arc where the brittonians were wiped out by a product of skaven machinations. I think.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
And the lizard people were like "Oh yeah, we have spaceships! Bye!" but I think they're still around so I don't know.

And who really knows what they have up their sleeves, papa smurf doesn't return until part 3, I think and this is just the "gathering storm" phase. They're going to terra but it's going to be a crazy rear end trip.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

And the lizard people were like "Oh yeah, we have spaceships! Bye!" but I think they're still around so I don't know.

And who really knows what they have up their sleeves, papa smurf doesn't return until part 3, I think and this is just the "gathering storm" phase. They're going to terra but it's going to be a crazy rear end trip.

It'd be great if they won't let Papa Smurf near Terra to see his dad and that becomes a whole thing.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

It would be cooler if they killed Failbaddon and let someone who wasn't poo poo lead Chaos.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Xae posted:

It would be cooler if they killed Failbaddon and let someone who wasn't poo poo lead Chaos.

Similar to Rowboat, by giving him to good writers (like ADB) they've been doing a decent job of improving Abby.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Geez how would the modern imperium react to a 30k primarch returning? Abject reverence or some hostile, cautious optimism.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

lite_sleepr posted:

Geez how would the modern imperium react to a 30k primarch returning? Abject reverence or some hostile, cautious optimism.

Burning at the stake.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ultima Segmentum get's Crusaded by the Black Templars while Abaddon rushes to Terra because Roboute said he's an atheist.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gathering Storm III is just Rowboat, Cypher, and the Grey Knight guy starring in a buddy road-trip movie.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Nah, Roboute will win the war for the survival of the Imperium the same way as he has always done, sitting on a chair writing and moving papers all day long, he's the bureaucrat primarch after all.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

lite_sleepr posted:

Considering the level of worship, probably just disappointment that will lead to mass heresy due to Imperial gods coming back and just being pretty okay dudes. The level of impact would be if Jesus made the iPhone instead of Steve Jobs. Sure, he'd revolutionize the world but everyone will be disappointed he doesn't fix all problems ever and doesn't make infinite booze. Might get killed by the Inquisition/Ecclesiarchy, might not.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Xae posted:

Didn't he just succeed? Isn't that what everyone's freaking out about?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

12 wrongs don't make a right.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

lite_sleepr posted:

Well it already happened in the Beast Arises series.

Everyone was like, sup?

I'm not gonna spoiler that any more because the book titles give it all away

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

12 wrongs don't make a right.

It does when you're fighting the long war!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AndyElusive posted:

He didn't quite win. He blew up the planet when minimal forces were present. And he didn't quite get what he wanted without taking big losses.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Skarsnik posted:

Well it already happened in the Beast Arises series.

Everyone was like, sup?

I'm not gonna spoiler that any more because the book titles give it all away

Russ came back?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Have a look at the book titles, it's obvious when you think about it

e: why that primarch is still rocking on I mean

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Not really. It's a series of, 12 books with orks, eldar, IG, and fists on it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

lite_sleepr posted:

Not really. It's a series of, 12 books with orks, eldar, IG, and fists on it.

So the big ole Vulkan being in a book title was too subtle for you?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I, must have missed it.

I kind of want it now. I'd like to see how he acts when he's not a screaming, skinless mad mess like he was on Calth.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hear it's kind of dumb that when he's back he doesn't make any attempt to reunite with his former Legion or have them accompany him back to Ullanor. Apparently they were busy or someshit. I dunno I never read it.

Arcsquad12 posted:

He didn't quite win. He blew up the planet when minimal forces were present. And he didn't quite get what he wanted without taking big losses.

Ya but all those losses were probably just lovely back talking Chaos Marines and cultists anyway.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

lite_sleepr posted:

I, must have missed it.

I kind of want it now. I'd like to see how he acts when he's not a screaming, skinless mad mess like he was on Calth.

Hella emo

re: not going to see his salamander bros, he doesn't want to distract them or something. Yeah it's kinda dumb

The obvious bit I meant that he's a perpetual, of course he's still hanging around somewhere or other

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 10, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Well the pylons are gone and didn't they always act as a containment field type deal for the warp or the eye or whstever. That pylon poo poo has been in the fluff since pre-eisenhorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Pretty much. For as long as there has been Necron fluff I believe the pylons of Cadia have been implied to stabilise the warp.