Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tender Bender posted:

But you can't preview that character's stats, right? Just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just pulled a Corrin and a Fae in the same pentapull. With already having Chiki from my first one I've got a decent dragon team.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

The problem with that is you don't get the discount and overpay in the long run, so that method is for people pumping tons of cash into the game already and could care less about efficiency. I think that pulling method is best for people doing mass rerolls if they are looking for a specific character, they dont bother looking through all the orbs since the animation can add up to quite a bit of time to their seconds per roll average.

I have no idea what any of those words mean. So should I just shoot for five?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Echophonic posted:

It's probably worth it to get Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna up to at least 3*, yeah?

Infantry spear users are really hard to come by right now for some reason and Sharena's stats are good so you should probably level her up.

Anna occupies an interesting niche, she plays like a SPD based sword character but has good RES and uses an axe so it's easier to squeeze her into your team and keep her alive. She also has high HP growth. If you're hurting for green she seems to be one of the better green melee attackers.

Alphonse is kind of a weird character tho imo, I don't know why they give you a super weak 2* Sword user. Sharena and Anna are both interesting in that they fill less common roles for their color, but Alphonse is just a red melee attacker and his gimmick seems to focus on nearly getting killed and then healing himself relatively unreliably

Should have made him armored or sword cavalry because sword infantry are as common as dirt right now :(

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 8, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The problem with that is you don't get the discount and overpay in the long run, so that method is for people pumping tons of cash into the game already and could care less about efficiency. I think that pulling method is best for people doing mass rerolls if they are looking for a specific character, they dont bother looking through all the orbs since the animation can add up to quite a bit of time to their seconds per roll average.

Buying colours that won't contribute to your team just because they're cheaper isn't efficiency. You're often throwing 3 orbs away on that last stone, not saving 2.

Other than femme archer lad is there anything in white that isn't covered by the daily maps (Lissa's strongest heals all come at 2* anyway)?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Echophonic posted:

It's probably worth it to get Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna up to at least 3*, yeah?

Personally I would sit on the feathers and wait, unless you want to do this for completionist reasons. The fact is there is very little info right now on 5* versions of most 2*-3* units for obvious reasons and it may be sensible to wait for some whalelords to test things out and see what is truly worth the feathers and what isn't, otherwise it's an expensive crap-shoot that is very likely to be not worth it over the long term. We don't know if there is another way to get feathers on the way and we dont know if there is other uses for feathers planned in the future. We know that Anna is a decent character at 5* based on stats and skillset, but how worth it is that investment in the long term? It's pretty much impossible to say.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So rerolled a side-account while waiting for stamina to recharge. 5* Hector and 5* Roy.

They work quite well together with Roy shoving Hector along until everyone converges on Hector and go splat.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

ChronoReverse posted:

So rerolled a side-account while waiting for stamina to recharge. 5* Hector and 5* Roy.

They work quite well together with Roy shoving Hector along until everyone converges on Hector and go splat.

Roy and Effie and Hector all work well together because of the bumping, might make Roy worth it

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Louisgod posted:

I have no idea what any of those words mean. So should I just shoot for five?

How far along are you? If you're just starting out, the 5x pull is best but slower, the fastest reroll method is 4x. If you already have an account, I'd probably still go for 5 because you get a discount for doing so. Pulling one at a time costs 25 orbs.

sassassin posted:

Buying colours that won't contribute to your team just because they're cheaper isn't efficiency. You're often throwing 3 orbs away on that last stone, not saving 2.

Other than femme archer lad is there anything in white that isn't covered by the daily maps (Lissa's strongest heals all come at 2* anyway)?

It's efficient in terms of orbs per character over time, but you're right in that it is kind of a trap of it's own if the gacha is trolling you with the same color over and over. Too bad you can't refuse the first pull once it's initiated, I can see an argument being made for cutting your losses short once you have too many characters and/or want something specific.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

How do you know what + and - you have on each character?

Just because I'm beginning to suspect my Robin is -speed and goddamn is that annoying.

You need to hit level 40 or be close. You can tell from the stat baseline then. If any of your stats are higher than the listed stat for your character already then you are +.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 8, 2017

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Samba De Amigo posted:

You need to hit level 40 or be close. You can tell from the stat baseline then. If any of your stats are higher than the listed stat for your character already then you are +.

So my Robin would need a speed level up every single level from 26-40 and still be subparr on speed.

God loving damnit Robin.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

It's efficient in terms of orbs per character over time, but you're right in that it is kind of a trap of it's own if the gacha is trolling you with the same color over and over. Too bad you can't refuse the first pull once it's initiated, I can see an argument being made for cutting your losses short once you have too many characters and/or want something specific.

Well it's very rare there's nothing on the board you want (I have had a 5 red before, but there's enough cool 5* reds to make that exciting).

With only 4 slots in a team you can afford to be picky and shoot for what you specifically want, especially if it's a focus character.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So my Robin would need a speed level up every single level from 26-40 and still be subparr on speed.

God loving damnit Robin.

Well he's still going to get one almost every level if -3 is the lowest it goes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
A person on reddit made a really interesting series of posts on the various 4*s kicking around. Seems pretty insightful and flags out a lot of interesting ideas for niches for characters.

Red
Blue
Green
Neutral

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

How far along are you? If you're just starting out, the 5x pull is best but slower, the fastest reroll method is 4x. If you already have an account, I'd probably still go for 5 because you get a discount for doing so. Pulling one at a time costs 25 orbs.

Like level 5 or 6, not far along at all. I was simply just going to spend the 20 orbs to summon 5 people and figured that was the best route but wasn't sure if there's a more efficient way of doing it or if I should redo the reroll if I get lovely colors or whatever.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I have a 4*, 2* and 1* Gunther. What's the most efficient way to smoosh them all together?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Louisgod posted:

Like level 5 or 6, not far along at all. I was simply just going to spend the 20 orbs to summon 5 people and figured that was the best route but wasn't sure if there's a more efficient way of doing it or if I should redo the reroll if I get lovely colors or whatever.

It's not really about colors when you're starting out, mostly about the star rating of the characters you pull. Most people reroll until they get at least a couple 5* characters in the initial 20 orb pull or two. Colors become more relevant once you've done at least 3 or 4 20 orb pulls and perhaps have too much of a certain color.

At that early stage I would just pull everything you can get.

There's no bad color:
Red -> Ryoma, Leo, Tiki
Blue -> Azura, Linde, Robin
Green -> Hector, Camilla
Colorless -> Takumi, Elise (?)

No one has all these characters not even the 1000$ guy and you do want to catch e'm all so it's a matter of being willing to pay orbs for that 3% shot.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 8, 2017

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

It's not really about colors when you're starting out, mostly about the star rating of the characters you pull. Most people reroll until they get at least a couple 5* characters in the initial 20 orb pull or two. Colors become more relevant once you've done at least 3 or 4 20 orb pulls and perhaps have too much of a certain color.

At that early stage I would just pull everything you can get.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. Wasn't sure if there was more to the pull outside doing five at once due to it being more efficient than doing five separate pulls.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just remember guys the 5* focus is what is 3%, not 5* in general. The first banner only has red and blue units on focus. So if you go in with 20 currency and the 5 orbs you get are green and grey, your chance to get a 5* isn't 3% it's gently caress all. Back right the gently caress out after your first pull and save back to 20 and go again. Your 3% is only applicable to orbs that show giving units on the banner.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zotix posted:

Just remember guys the 5* focus is what is 3%, not 5* in general. The first banner only has red and blue units on focus. So if you go in with 20 currency and the 5 orbs you get are green and grey, your chance to get a 5* isn't 3% it's gently caress all. Back right the gently caress out after your first pull and save back to 20 and go again. Your 3% is only applicable to orbs that show giving units on the banner.

No. You get 3% for the focus only and another 3% for all the listed 5* in general.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tender Bender posted:

Wait, what? Your final stats are predetermined and the level up process is just distributing those set stats in a random order?
The final base stats are, yeah. There is then a chance one stat gets a boost in exchange for one stat dropping a bit.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Zotix posted:

No? There's a 3% chance for a focus 5 star unit and a 3% chance for any 5 star unit. The on-banner color orbs will have a higher chance of being 5 star but if what you said was true there would be no Hectors.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Fire Emblem Heroes is one of the top 5 best grossing F2P games in Japan for both iOS and Android. Most of the other top titles are much more aggressive with their monetization. This is the most competitive market in the world so even making the top ten is no small feat.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Sunning posted:

Fire Emblem Heroes is one of the top 5 best grossing F2P games in Japan for both iOS and Android. Most of the other top titles are much more aggressive with their monetization. This is the most competitive market in the world so even making the top ten is no small feat.

Got a link for the curious?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I feel like my luck is weird and not good. I've not really spent any money so I'm considering just restarting.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have the worst best luck.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

good jovi posted:

I saw some PAD people talking about this game, so I thought I'd check it out. Seems pretty fun so far. Pulled a Nowi on my first pentaroll, and a Roy on my second, so it's pretty much been all facestomping so far.

The OP doesn't have any info, and the first couple pages are all people talking about voting for something. Is there some good high-level info on what's going on and how not to do something I'll regret? I glanced at reddit, but it looked to be all terrible whales.

Sorry about the OP but everybody in the FE megathread was complaining about FEH talk and nobody else was volunteering to write an OP.

Anybody who is less lazy than me is welcome to PM me a better OP

You should be fine if you follow the recommendations in the sparse OP for spending your orbs. This game has a very very generous gacha compared to its competitors, both in terms of chance to get something good and number of free rolls you get

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Speaking of Tiki, I have a 5* one which I think is young Tiki and a 4* being the other. Is it just me or is the older tiki crazy better than the young one? So far I've found no use for young tiki at all, am I missing something?

She is also better in non-gameplay ways

I don't know adult Tiki's stats since I haven't pulled her but she definitely has a better weapon than young Tiki. Young Tiki's stat niche is being a tanky mage, so if adult Tiki does that too she's probably just strictly better.

That said, use both and have two copies of the best character

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Got a link for the curious?

Scratch that, it's #2 now in iOS: https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/829376412108742656

Several websites track app performance on digital store. I use AnnieApp. DBZ Dokkan Battle is running Super Saiyan Level 4 event which is why it shot up to #1.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

What's the verdict on Hawkeye, besides being a beautiful shirtless Adonis? I have him at a 4*, and between him and Raven I am going to be leveling a new axe user. I'm leaning his way because Raven is a brave axe user and I already have 5* Camilla at 35 or so.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
After multiple rolls with no 5 star people to show for it I get two at once. Tharja and Lilina. Both red mages so I presume it's redundant but hey ho

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Hawkeye has Threaten Atk, which is one of the better skills in the game. He also has one of the quicker AoE charges although his pattern is a bit awkward to hit with.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sudden Javelin posted:

After multiple rolls with no 5 star people to show for it I get two at once. Tharja and Lilina. Both red mages so I presume it's redundant but hey ho

Let me tell you about Redundant Red people.

They can be pretty cool! You should hope for a ***** Blue or Green at some point though.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I'm no stranger to writing OPs for japanese mobile gacha games and I can write one but it'll have to be for a new thread because I'm not going to pm everytime I want to make a little edit

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Sunning posted:

Scratch that, it's #2 now in iOS: https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/829376412108742656

Several websites track app performance on digital store. I use AnnieApp. DBZ Dokkan Battle is running Super Saiyan Level 4 event which is why it shot up to #1.

That is drat impressive. Thanks for the link.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That is drat impressive. Thanks for the link.

I mean Puzzle and Dragons is a 5 year old game. Monster Strike is 4. Whether or not FE:H sticks around for longer than a few months is what will be impressive or not.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Super Mario Run was #1 for a brief moment

Spellman
May 31, 2011

So was Trumpy Wall

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Has anyone gotten any great badges out of today's tower? I've only gotten increasing numbers of regular

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Mister Olympus posted:

Has anyone gotten any great badges out of today's tower? I've only gotten increasing numbers of regular

I've gotten quite a few. I'm doing the lunatic ones though not sure what floor your on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Personally I would sit on the feathers and wait, unless you want to do this for completionist reasons. The fact is there is very little info right now on 5* versions of most 2*-3* units for obvious reasons and it may be sensible to wait for some whalelords to test things out and see what is truly worth the feathers and what isn't, otherwise it's an expensive crap-shoot that is very likely to be not worth it over the long term. We don't know if there is another way to get feathers on the way and we dont know if there is other uses for feathers planned in the future. We know that Anna is a decent character at 5* based on stats and skillset, but how worth it is that investment in the long term? It's pretty much impossible to say.

We also know that Sharena has pretty good stats. Rally attack seems like it could really useful, and she is an infantry spear woman, which is pretty rare right now.