Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

get crowd killed already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Kelp Me! posted:

it's like a rejected track off one of the Quake soundtracks

Yeah I don't see what's wrong with that? Sorry you like bad stuff.

Certainly you should be listening to something like ATR instead, which is fronted by a dude who has a torn-up USA flag tattooed on his arm and looks like he really wanted the lead role in American Sniper.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Me! posted:

you are certainly Mr. Cool Metal Guy and I bet you are just super popular amongst your elite metalhead bros

e: that video you posted is some of the most boring garbage I've ever heard, it's like a rejected track off one of the Quake soundtracks

The part from 3:02 - 3:22 was kinda cool, so 20 seconds of the song was passable but yes otherwise this is just loving awful.

I don't understand the super-downtuned poo poo like this, xKINGx, etc. All the criticisms of djent being one-note boring poo poo apply to this stuff x1000. It's so monotonous, why would I want to listen to the same riff for an hour

e: ^^ yeah Phil Labonte is an enormous tool, no one gonna disagree with you about that. He used to make good music and it's fun to make fun of the bad music he makes now

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

Yeah I don't see what's wrong with that? Sorry you like bad stuff.

Certainly you should be listening to something like ATR instead, which is fronted by a dude who has a torn-up USA flag tattooed on his arm and looks like he really wanted the lead role in American Sniper.

Yes, I always judge the quality of a band by how annoying the front man is :v:

Moundgarden posted:

I don't understand the super-downtuned poo poo like this, xKINGx, etc. All the criticisms of djent being one-note boring poo poo apply to this stuff x1000. It's so monotonous, why would I want to listen to the same riff for an hour

poo poo, I listen to a lot of droney stuff like Earth and Om and such and even I think that song was hot boring garbage

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
i like that Filth song but think ShoogaSlim is a gatekeeping try hard. where do i belong in this crazy world?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

It's super loving weird to be an elitist about early 2000s metalcore and the scene and shows etc. Dog, it was music written for children a decade ago, we're in our mid 30s, its over. Like, I love me my old poo poo, but it's absolutely silly to take it that seriously. *folds arms, clips keys to belt loop, mean mugs thread*

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

It's super loving weird to be an elitist about metal

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yes but it's even weirder to be that way about music that has value tied almost exclusively to weightlifting

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes but it's even weirder to be that way about music that has value tied almost exclusively to weightlifting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e65qtxfvdI ?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I saw Knocked Loose and ETID tonight (I missed Harms Way :() and Knocked Loose were trying way too hard and their attempts and getting the crowd to do stuff was like watching Jeb(!) ask people to clap.

ETID were loving phenomenal.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Lmao I gave into self loathing and checked out the two new ATR songs and one of them is absolutely Five Finger Death Punch quality stuff. I knew they were a bad band now but that's unconscionably awful. To think that is the same band that wrote This Darkened Heart.

Re: Knocked Loose trying too hard, that makes sense. I like their music but it's hard to take a skinny long hair nerd seriously as a tough guy and he must know that

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Etid D.C. show was fire

Emergency Broadcast Syndrome O_O
Someone brought a baby to the show O_O
21 songs O_O

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That's real, an ETID show is a pretty wild place for a baby

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
That's pretty hosed up, no doubt. But did you guys see that wtf lyric video slideshow thing they put out? I was dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPywoSmkR9c

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I am super hyped for the Map Change video.

emdash posted:

Someone brought a baby to the show O_O

Yeah but did it crowd surf?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've never seen a baby crowdsurf but I've seen multiple people do it in wheelchairs which is pretty impressive all around

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
no crowdsurfing for the baby lol. because I'm an old all I could htink was "THAT BABY BETTER HAVE HEARING PROTECTION" (i'm sure it did)

keith made sure they got a safe spot off the side of the stage up front

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

emdash posted:

no crowdsurfing for the baby lol. because I'm an old all I could htink was "THAT BABY BETTER HAVE HEARING PROTECTION" (i'm sure it did)

keith made sure they got a safe spot off the side of the stage up front

Yikes I didn't even think about the hearing thing, now I'm low key mad at the parents, I don't even reckon it's a good idea for a baby to be at a show with the yugest, most beautiful hearing protection money can buy

Keith rules

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wamsutta posted:

Yikes I didn't even think about the hearing thing, now I'm low key mad at the parents, I don't even reckon it's a good idea for a baby to be at a show with the yugest, most beautiful hearing protection money can buy

Keith rules

There is definitely baby-centric earpro out there, you see it on athlete babies when they come to championship games and all that. I would hope they weren't gonna even let the kid in if the parents didn't have muffs for it.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I haven't really given Low Teens much of a chance, it just never jumped out at me like From Parts Unknown, which is a phenomenonal album. But I'm always excited to see ETID. Even more now that I know they'll play Emergency Broadcast Syndrome. Song slays.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So, apparently Tim from As I Lay Dying is out of jail:

http://www.theprp.com/2017/02/09/news/ex-lay-dying-singer-tim-lambesis-reportedly-released-jail/

quote:

“[Tim] is a Biola-trained theologian. The guy’s really super bright. He had an IQ of 160; the guy had a brain like a freaking vice.

I had every freaking argument out there, and he just was able to really kind of battle every argument, ’cause he had every counter-argument prepared in his mind; he had studied so hard. And as silly as his argument was, and as much as it didn’t really hold water when you thought about it — it was all fallacious arguments — but…”

“Anyways, he just got out of jail for attempting to kill his wife. Now I’m not saying this as an indictment against anything. All I’m saying is, there is a guy who could argue Christianity beyond anybody I’ve ever spoken to in my life; I had these very heated debates with this guy… He had a beautiful wife; they had adopted three Cambodian children. And then he discovered cocaine, strippers, heroin and steroids. He went completely off the rails, abandoned his family, his wife threatened to divorce him, he hired an off-duty cop to kill her.

He recently got out of jail. He destroyed his band. They don’t have a pot to piss in now; they’re all struggling. [They are] a great band. I know them very well because, actually, the guitar player was my daughter’s fiancé. And, actually, the drummer [Jordan Mancino] played in another project I had ways back, Souls Of We. So, anyways, he’s out, he’s got a mega record deal, he’s got a book deal, everything’s lined up for him. I mean, he’s gonna skate through life. Everybody else is suffering. His wife is living in fear, his children are living in fear. His band doesn’t have a pot to piss in.”

If this is true, I can totally see an AILD "reunion" in a few years. Money makes people do things they think they wouldn't otherwise....

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Say what you want about him, but he did give the world Austrian Death Machine.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

XIII posted:

Say what you want about him, but he did give the world Austrian Death Machine.

AILD was pretty drat good too, The Powerless Rise is a great album. Just listened to it the other day, actually.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
I remember being pretty into Frail Words Collapse when it first came out. But I went back and replayed it a year or two ago and couldn't get into it anymore. I guess my taste moved on or something. Still been pretty amusing following this whole saga. That dude's wikipedia page reads like a Shakespearean tragic comedy.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, high school me was very much into AILD, but I stopped caring a long time ago. They were a gateway band, so, for that, I thank them.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

You guys are loving tripping if you don't still bump Frail Words Collapse. That record will be fire for all time

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Wamsutta posted:

You guys are loving tripping if you don't still bump Frail Words Collapse. That record will be fire for all time

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Watched the ETID tour last night. In a shocking turn of events, they crushed. IDK how they get better every time I see them, I'm old and tired and hoarse and want to sleep all day just from watching them.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
I hadn't heard anything from All That Remains since The Fall of Ideals, which I thought was a fantastic album, until today, a more recent song came on a spotify station and...

What :stare:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Beelzebozo posted:

I remember being pretty into Frail Words Collapse when it first came out. But I went back and replayed it a year or two ago and couldn't get into it anymore. I guess my taste moved on or something.

See?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I always found Frail Words and Shadows are Security to sound too samey from song to song. AILD really hit their stride with Ocean Between Us/Powerless Rise. The one that came in 2012 was just ok.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Dillinger in a bus crash this morning in Poland. Doesn't seem like too many serious injuries, a broken collar bone for a truck driver is apparently the worst. But tonight show cancelled and possible the rest of the European tour, so hope none of you had any shows planned.

http://radomsko.naszemiasto.pl/artykul/wypadek-na-dk-1-pod-radomskiem-ciezarowka-zderzyla-sie-z,4013224,artgal,t,id,tm.html

Doesn't seem too bad for their bus, but most of their equipment certainly got hosed.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I always found Frail Words and Shadows are Security to sound too samey from song to song. AILD really hit their stride with Ocean Between Us/Powerless Rise. The one that came in 2012 was just ok.

their later stuff is more varied and melodic but Frail Words and Shadows are a lot heavier imo, the vocals especially just sound way more aggressive.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Frail Words is the only album of theirs I owned. I remember liking it, but I never bought anymore of theirs... So clearly must not have been too impressed. Maybe I should listen to it again soon.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

As I Lay Dying is a Good Band.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
What I want to know, is where the gently caress is the new Unearth album? Watchers of Rule was awesome.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

AILD and Unearth go hand in hand, for sure.

I was at Unearth's first DVD shoot when they played in Long Island at The Downtown, and I'm also in their music video for The Great Dividers. Used to gently caress with that band so heavy, still do, on occasion. Trail to Fire on Watchers of Rule is such a crusher.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

AILD and Unearth go hand in hand, for sure.

I was at Unearth's first DVD shoot when they played in Long Island at The Downtown, and I'm also in their music video for The Great Dividers. Used to gently caress with that band so heavy, still do, on occasion. Trail to Fire on Watchers of Rule is such a crusher.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the DVD extra for Shadows Falls third (?) record, they filmed a couple live videos at the Downtown and I can spot my tall bald self in it. Downtown high five.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

This is probably the best thing ever to happen on a reality singing contest show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8e0NyUxkU

I hope Muhammed Suiçmez is alive somewhere and has been shown this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
That's amazing.