Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The difference between starting agility and 105 on estus speed seems fairly noticeable. It's not going to make it go twice as fast or anything, but it's there.

Not that it matters anyway, since that's not why you're leveling agility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I like that bullshit grab attacks with hitboxes that are off by more than a meter are trailer material now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

I like that bullshit grab attacks with hitboxes that are off by more than a meter are trailer material now.

Somehow missed the trailer before now and holy poo poo you weren't joking

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Does anyone have a good and fun warpick build in the SL50-60 range?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I mean, I disagree? It's really not. I've played a ridiculous amount of this game at both really low and really high agility and it's never been something worth considering.

I didn't really notice it either until I went directly from an endgame character to a new game and wondered why I couldn't seem to do last second blocks anymore.

It's definitely not something you should really care that much about when allocating adaptability, I just mentioned it for completeness's sake.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Hearing about this new DLC, I'm honestly looking forward to one thing, and I think we all love it.
More poison.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I really hope we get that Darkwraith's armor. It looks so fantasy and I love it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just don't get why they keep insisting on putting grab attacks in the game.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Technically backstabs are all grab attacks.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Hunt11 posted:

I just don't get why they keep insisting on putting grab attacks in the game.

Grab attacks -- as a concept -- are an important balance to shield use and turtleing strategies. In DS1, for example, it's really cool how some bosses become harder than others with heavy armor and a greatshield and others become dramatically easier.

The, shall we say, bullshitedness of how the grab attacks work in any given souls iteration is a different matter.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
Never forget Man-Hands, Team-Grabber of the Boreal Valley.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, that looked cool and I like how the body falls too, but it is completely incongruous. I was hoping it was gonna end with some gravity fuckery I'm still hoping to see given the orientation(s) of the whole area.

I really doubt their engine is capable of doing gravity fuckery without modifications too significant for a DLC.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bugblatter posted:

I really doubt their engine is capable of doing gravity fuckery without modifications too significant for a DLC.

LET ME DREAM

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Space-time warping elements that can only be experienced from the safety of an elevator.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
So Smouldering Lake can eat an entire bag of dicks. The distance between the Antechamber bonfire and the loving ballista is so long, the enemies are a gigantic pain in the rear end, and apparently no one is putting down summon signs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The secret of Smouldering Lake is that turning off the ballista is pointless since there's not actually a drat thing worth getting on the way too it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Giant Isopod posted:

Grab attacks -- as a concept -- are an important balance to shield use and turtleing strategies. In DS1, for example, it's really cool how some bosses become harder than others with heavy armor and a greatshield and others become dramatically easier.

The, shall we say, bullshitedness of how the grab attacks work in any given souls iteration is a different matter.

I was playing nioh co-op today. Multiple times, a boss instantly snapped out of being knocked down into a grab attack. The bullshit of grabs is truly universal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

The secret of Smouldering Lake is that turning off the ballista is pointless since there's not actually a drat thing worth getting on the way too it.

You should have seen my face when I realised Demon Ruins was a totally optional area :suicide:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You should have seen my face when I realised Demon Ruins was a totally optional area :suicide:

It's got all the best pyromancies at least. It's also not pointless on NG+ because there's a ring by the ballista.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You get a flask shard and bone ash in the DR, plus another ash in SL.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Demon Ruins in DS3 is the most uninspired poo poo ever. It's like the worst parts of chalice dungeons mixed with camera-breaking enemies. gently caress that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any pro gundyr tips aside from "dodge good"

what combos should i be looking to punish because right now it feels like it's a roll of the dice whether or not i get owned for my one swing hubris

also demon ruins chat i was pretty cool with it but i'm biased due to playing pyro/generalist with this first run

e: how's my fashion souls stat look

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 9, 2017

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'm going through the Ruins now as a caster and all my poo poo just snags on tree roots so at the moment my strategy is:
1. Go offline
2. Ember up
3. Summon Tsorig
4. Let Tsorig kill like one and a half of those birds before succumbing to the floating fireball turrets
5. Run back to the bonfire and resummon Tsorig

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i actually haven't pyroed many dudes to death besides bosses, this has basically been a weird toolbox-y fragile axe playthrough

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
i gave my brother-in-law DS3 for his birthday for super coop action, my plan is to coach him through the tutorial/the first gundyr fight and then password coop the rest of the game with him. i have a faith melee caster/paladin build at around SL120 that i'm thinking of repurposing for babby's first souls game. what are the best coop miracles? i was thinking great lightning spear and lightning stake for pulling/baiting invaders, soothing sunlight for heals, sacred oath for bosses, and maybe lightning storm for general aoe? i don't recall how many attunement slots i have right now but i can swap out some for boss fights (like dorhys gnawing which completely wrecks nameless king for example). what do y'all think?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lprsti99 posted:

So Smouldering Lake can eat an entire bag of dicks. The distance between the Antechamber bonfire and the loving ballista is so long, the enemies are a gigantic pain in the rear end, and apparently no one is putting down summon signs.

Demon Ruins is the superior bonfire for the ballista run.

Also SL kind of owns? It's full of large shards, the boss soul gives you a sikk2deth pyromancy, and you get two tomes on top of that! And a chaos gem!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Lol @ 'sikk2death'

Dragon barracks is the poppinist zone for invasions. It is real hot at sl 138, and full of monsters you can fall back to. I'm curious why that area isn't featured in more wicked sick invasion videos.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Tollymain posted:

any pro gundyr tips aside from "dodge good"

what combos should i be looking to punish because right now it feels like it's a roll of the dice whether or not i get owned for my one swing hubris

also demon ruins chat i was pretty cool with it but i'm biased due to playing pyro/generalist with this first run

e: how's my fashion souls stat look

Alternative to dodge good is parry good.

Also try lightning.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
I didn't even know you could reach the Ballista from the Antechamber bonfire without going through the Demon Ruins.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

lite_sleepr posted:

Lol @ 'sikk2death'

Dragon barracks is the poppinist zone for invasions. It is real hot at sl 138, and full of monsters you can fall back to. I'm curious why that area isn't featured in more wicked sick invasion videos.

Because its a relatively small area, and the only people you're going to hit are those waiting for phantoms for the Nameless King fight and those trying for the Twinkling Dragon Stone.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Maleh-Vor posted:

I didn't even know you could reach the Ballista from the Antechamber bonfire without going through the Demon Ruins.

I mean, the underground part is one big mish-mash and if you go in there with the goal of finding the "bottom" of the thing (which is reasonable) then you'd end up getting to the ballista ladder without ever coming across the Demon Ruins bonfire.

Assuming you fell in through the destroyed ceiling, that is.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

AlternateNu posted:

Because its a relatively small area, and the only people you're going to hit are those waiting for phantoms for the Nameless King fight and those trying for the Twinkling Dragon Stone.

Dragon Barracks is in Lothric Castle. :ssh:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Yea it's the area leading to the dragon slayer armor

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Digirat posted:

I was playing nioh co-op today. Multiple times, a boss instantly snapped out of being knocked down into a grab attack. The bullshit of grabs is truly universal.

During an invasion in the corvian village I saw two phantoms get grabbed and breathed on by one of the trees. It was a great moment as an invader!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Raposa posted:

Dragon Barracks is in Lothric Castle. :ssh:

lite_sleepr posted:

Yea it's the area leading to the dragon slayer armor

Oh, duuurrrrrrr. :doh:

Funny story: I was invaded there once while I was plinking at the drakes on the castle. The guy couldn't kill me because there's really only one safe area on that platform and as long as I stood there, the drakes would trigger too frequently for him to actually finish me. He died when he finally decided to rush me, I dodge rolled, and boot-staggered him right as the next wave of fire hit. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 9, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
How cool/good is the Hollowslayer great sword here in DS 3? It was a rock solid sword in DS 2 in the early game.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

lite_sleepr posted:

How cool/good is the Hollowslayer great sword here in DS 3? It was a rock solid sword in DS 2 in the early game.

It's both cool and good. It deals extra damage to hollow enemies, which describes a crazy percentage of the game's enemies.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Man I'm all about stuff that's cool and good. Though most of the hollowed stuff is fodder footsoldiers.

It's a dex weapon, right? Do I rock a quality build with it?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 10, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gologle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69d-enwfDZ0
Hey people shut up and look at this cool thing! Introducing Darkwraith 5.0!

God I hope that's loving Londor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Finally made it to Anor Londo, grabbed the Giant's Coal, and holy gently caress the Chaos Astora Greatsword +6 is a beast with 22 Int/Fth.

I'm also massively regretting not doing Sirris' questline again, you get so much useful stuff and it's cool sunbroing for her.

(Thankfully Ice Fist doesn't want the Dragonslayer's Axe at all so I'm rocking that too, it's p great. I may actually straight up Lightning Gem it because all of the later-game bosses are weak to it.)