Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Garfu posted:

I'm up to level 400 and haven't seen either of those things. Are they coming up soon?

They're just (somewhat) rare drops. If you aren't running with a thief you might want to start (they give +20% to item drop). On a new dimension I like to do some runs starting at floor 20+ until I have enough hero bloods (the thing that makes you immune to status effects) for everyone, and by then I've usually got some gold shields. Magnets drop after I think floor 200 or so? Still rare. There's also a suit of armor that ups your gold drop too (Midas Plate), you're probably on a high enough floor to see those by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Is the Steam version of Soda Dungeon different from the mobile version in any way?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Ignoranus posted:

Is the Steam version of Soda Dungeon different from the mobile version in any way?

Not as far as I can tell, with the notable exception that there are no ads by default.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

a messed up horse posted:

They're just (somewhat) rare drops. If you aren't running with a thief you might want to start (they give +20% to item drop). On a new dimension I like to do some runs starting at floor 20+ until I have enough hero bloods (the thing that makes you immune to status effects) for everyone, and by then I've usually got some gold shields. Magnets drop after I think floor 200 or so? Still rare. There's also a suit of armor that ups your gold drop too (Midas Plate), you're probably on a high enough floor to see those by now.

Ah yup I'm seeing the shields now. No magnets yet but I'm sure they will pop up, thanks.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Is it reasonable to get most of the Dragon challenges as they unlock? Producing 1e10 mana seems like a real stretch at R51 without a few days at least of production.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Poultron posted:

Is it reasonable to get most of the Dragon challenges as they unlock? Producing 1e10 mana seems like a real stretch at R51 without a few days at least of production.

Most of them are considerably easier a couple Rs above when they unlock. That particular challenge is a lot easier if you stay baseline Druid, get their bloodline through the research ability (Alch 400), pick the dragon bloodline through the upgrade menu to tick off that challenge requirement, and let it sit a couple days to hit the mana requirement and then ally with dragons. Allying with them sooner would jack up your regen rate and slow the whole thing down.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I'm at 13.5b gems and letting the game go for about 15 more hours to unlock the 36 hour playtime for one of the factions. I am currently the titans. What is the best spell to run? Lightning is good if it doesn't choose the loving farm or inn. But gem grinder seems better overall as it's the same high amount every time. Which one would be good to have auto cast?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Got lucky and found an ethereal heirloom on my very first batch of void maps at 146 in trimps. Quite a noticeable upgrade, loving it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Ugh I feel stuck in a speed trap in trimps. I've portal'd 3 times at level 20-21, but even with upgrades I feel like progress grinds to a halt. Right now I'm at 24.

HTFU and grind more, or am I missing something?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm so stupid, I got to zone 130 without doing the wall map. I am a dumb.

As far as early game progression goes it's really important that you do some deep dives to unlock more perks. The perks you get for beating the challenges early on are very powerful.

I think it's zone 25, 30, 35 are the three big early marks to hit, so even if your he/hr starts to drop try to hit some higher zone marks just to unlock those challenges.

Those zone numbers are just from memory though, I know 30 is a big one but it might be as deep as 40 for the next big one, I can't recall. There are beginner guides on the wiki that will help you figure out what your next big goal should be early on.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone play clicker heroes and want to make a clan or have a clan?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Dali Parton posted:

Ugh I feel stuck in a speed trap in trimps. I've portal'd 3 times at level 20-21, but even with upgrades I feel like progress grinds to a halt. Right now I'm at 24.

HTFU and grind more, or am I missing something?

Level 20 is literally the earliest you can portal and the least amount of Helium you could pull out of a run. That's not very efficient. At level Zone 25 you will have access to another building type that will boost your pop max. As well there's a very useful upgrade that will push you through the next couple Zones. Between those two you should be able to reach around Zone 28 which is a decent place to portal and then attempt one of the challenges (Discipline, Metal). After that your goal is hitting zone 40 for another challenge run, followed up by Balance runs for helium that eventually reach Zone 50 OR grinding through normally to 50 (using Wormholes with that run's Helium), collecting an upgrade and pushing up into Zone 60 using it. 60 is when the games pivots pretty hard.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Thanks for the info guys. How does my current perk distribution look?

I have 65 helium in the bank too, as of right now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Holyshoot posted:

I'm at 13.5b gems and letting the game go for about 15 more hours to unlock the 36 hour playtime for one of the factions. I am currently the titans. What is the best spell to run? Lightning is good if it doesn't choose the loving farm or inn. But gem grinder seems better overall as it's the same high amount every time. Which one would be good to have auto cast?
I don't know the exact formula for Strike, but it shows the value in the tooltip and it's equally likely to hit every building, so 1/11 to hit whatever your top building is, and you probably don't have more than one or two that are producing appreciable amounts (and probably just Hall of Legends, but I don't know how many trophies you have) - just do the math and pick the higher expected value because you're on a long enough timeline!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dali Parton posted:

Thanks for the info guys. How does my current perk distribution look?

I have 65 helium in the bank too, as of right now.
You put way too much into range, it's worse than power level-for-level. See the tables midway down this page for the optimal distribution: http://trimps.wikia.com/wiki/Perk

Agility is actually very good because faster attacks mean faster map farming near the end of your run. Looting is also very good because it directly increases helium income.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

Assuming this is browser and not mobile,you can autocast more than one spell if you've gotten the upgrades, you can do Contingency Auto (Ctrl-Click) on your most expensive spell and then Secondary Auto (Shift-Click) on the others ending with Tax Collection. Might not be super ideal with how random Lightning can be but it'll be fine to leave alone for a day.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Buzkashi posted:

Assuming this is browser and not mobile,you can autocast more than one spell if you've gotten the upgrades, you can do Contingency Auto (Ctrl-Click) on your most expensive spell and then Secondary Auto (Shift-Click) on the others ending with Tax Collection. Might not be super ideal with how random Lightning can be but it'll be fine to leave alone for a day.
This is also true, but I assumed it was R0 and they hadn't made enough mana for that yet! If you have, then it's better to do that.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Buzkashi posted:

Since he's unlocking Faceless, almost certainly R0.

At this stage, you get your gem reward jumps after 1-2 hours of idling, and then gem progress flattens out. You make progress in gems by abdicating. So you won't really make much difference in casting different spells right now. Maybe the difference between 1QA and 4QA - but you would have jumped up to 100QA with the next abdication regardless.

You could look at whether there are other unlocks, like the one for Goblins casting Goblin's Greed 100x in a row without casting other spells. Do the math on half of your mana regen (since autocast halves it), and see if the time you'll be gone can make 100 casts * 800 mana = 80,000 total mana over that time. If so, you can meet that goblin task.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream

Buzkashi posted:

you can do this on mobile as well. i have actually been impressed with how well you can do everything on the mobile version. i haven't hit research yet, though, so we'll see how long that lasts.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

ijzer posted:

you can do this on mobile as well. i have actually been impressed with how well you can do everything on the mobile version. i haven't hit research yet, though, so we'll see how long that lasts.

So much of the game is based around leaving it open and running for autocasting and autoclick, does it calculate auotcast into offline time? Otherwise i can't imagine it being a a very friendly mobile port if you aren't open to leaving your phone/tablet on for days while plugged in.

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 12, 2017

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I wonder if there's any possible way that Realm Grinder could introduce a near-hard reset into the game. I'm starting to miss the "early game" of Realm Grinder a little bit, where there was a lot of discovery and things to be doing constantly. But I don't think I could actually stand to restart it or anything. I'm not sure how a near-hard reset like that would even work in Realm Grinder, though. Giving some reward for starting all the way back at the beginning... I'm not sure if you could do it. Reincarnating isn't really a real reset anymore though, and I've been missing that.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

At this point, even abdicating would be a substantial reset for me. It turns out S375 scales bizarrely well (as in "oh hey, I've got over 50,000 assistants at the start of brainwave and over 70,000 at the end") for very long runs, like when you leave the game on faceless/dragon for a month because you're waiting for new content to come out.

On inspection, it turns out that its scaling is not only not logarithmic like most other scaling upgrades/researches, but is in fact quadratic.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Vil posted:

At this point, even abdicating would be a substantial reset for me. It turns out S375 scales bizarrely well (as in "oh hey, I've got over 50,000 assistants at the start of brainwave and over 70,000 at the end") for very long runs, like when you leave the game on faceless/dragon for a month because you're waiting for new content to come out.

On inspection, it turns out that its scaling is not only not logarithmic like most other scaling upgrades/researches, but is in fact quadratic.

I mean in terms of having anything unlocked. You would still have all of your stuff unlocked if you abdicated, you'd just lose a tremendous amount of production.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Poultron posted:

I mean in terms of having anything unlocked. You would still have all of your stuff unlocked if you abdicated, you'd just lose a tremendous amount of production.

So...ascension?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Aurora posted:

So...ascension?

I was talking about abdicating after like a month, not the weird poo poo I'm suggesting with no ideas of my own.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
The bouncing game really reminded me of swarm sim, kinda want to go rerun that guy.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Poultron posted:

I wonder if there's any possible way that Realm Grinder could introduce a near-hard reset into the game.

Something like UAC in Idling to rule the gods.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

MikusR posted:

I've been meaning to play that again, I dropped it a while ago due to reasons I forgot but it was really good.
Do the pets ever become useful? Most of the time, I'd be finished with a run before the hunger bar was even depleted enough to feed the thing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Been playing Realm Grinder for a while now and I just learned about Neutral Factions and the like about an hour ago, I'm sitting at 33 billion gems, did a few excavations which netted me the first six artifacts, and I'm a little stuck on what I should be doing to unlock the other things. this page says I can unlock all three factions in a run, but the price of some of them (25,000 angel and goblin coins? A million coins to unlock?) implies to me that I should be doing something else to speed things up. But what should I do for that? I feel like I have Step 1 and Step 3, just not Step 2.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That page says what to do right below the unlock requirements: play elves or goblins because they generate way more coins than the other vanilla factions.

Since you have to wait 36 hours to unlock faceless that's plenty of time to stockpile coins.

On the other hand, it might be faster to just do titans and then use them to unlock druids since their faction spell generates an enormous amount of coins.

And in case you've misunderstood: you only need to fulfill the unlock requirements once, ever. So it's intentional that they take a while. Lots of things in realm grinder work that way to break up the tedium of grinding through abdications and reincarnations solely for gems.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 13, 2017

Poultron
May 26, 2006

MikusR posted:

Yes, something like that.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Trying to unlock dwarves(got all the other titan races done) and I have 491.5 Qa gems. Right now I am doing angels again to get better auto clickers(haven't hit 12m mana yet). Which is the best faction I have access to to save up that 50 qid to buy the underground passage?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Trimps question;

Highest zone 262, 12,9B helium, running AutoTrimps.

I have been running it while afk for a week now and noticed that AutoTrimps never finished Spire, only getting to zone 80 or so.
The script leveled only Shield and Dagger to high prestiges, despite my AT settings saying GambesOP to prestige to. All the gear settings are green/on except Buy Shield Block. [Dynamic Prestige z] setting doesnt seem to do much, putting it to a low number or high number doesn't affect what prestiges the script buys. I babysat the game at 199 and left it running on a map so that it got all the highest prestiges then turned on the script again and when it then got to Spire it blazed through the whole thing overkilling every zone. Why isn't the script doing this on its own?

My He/hr used to peak at 255 (then everything crawled to a halt while AT kept going to 260 as thats what i had my [HeHr Dont Portal Before] setting at), again because AT doesn't level the various equipment prestiges. AT keeps leveling the gear itself but AT doesn't enter maps to pick up prestiges. Manually babysitting the script at this point and getting all the prestiges let me quickly get to 262. How do i get AT to actually grab the prestiges? Blacksmithery I mastery doesn't help a lot since it only grants prestiges up to 131, which doesn't do much good at 262.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Trying to unlock dwarves(got all the other titan races done) and I have 491.5 Qa gems. Right now I am doing angels again to get better auto clickers(haven't hit 12m mana yet). Which is the best faction I have access to to save up that 50 qid to buy the underground passage?

Run druids until your gems are more in the 10~100 Qi range (so about 20x-200x your current amount), then run them once more and the underground passage unlock should be pretty affordable.

For spellcasting stuff, in R0 your priorities are, at most (and you can totally blow these off to later reincarnations too if you want):

- 6m mana so autocasting doesn't have a mana regen penalty
- 10,000 spells cast so you can unlock drow

For the later autocasts (12m, 20m, 30m, 50m) wait until a later reincarnation (usually R3, and if not then, then R7) when you unlock some more game mechanics that let you put together a build that gives much beefier mana regen and accordingly lets you knock those out in a much more timely manner.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Trimps question;

Highest zone 262, 12,9B helium, running AutoTrimps.

I have been running it while afk for a week now and noticed that AutoTrimps never finished Spire, only getting to zone 80 or so.
The script leveled only Shield and Dagger to high prestiges, despite my AT settings saying GambesOP to prestige to. All the gear settings are green/on except Buy Shield Block. [Dynamic Prestige z] setting doesnt seem to do much, putting it to a low number or high number doesn't affect what prestiges the script buys. I babysat the game at 199 and left it running on a map so that it got all the highest prestiges then turned on the script again and when it then got to Spire it blazed through the whole thing overkilling every zone. Why isn't the script doing this on its own?

My He/hr used to peak at 255 (then everything crawled to a halt while AT kept going to 260 as thats what i had my [HeHr Dont Portal Before] setting at), again because AT doesn't level the various equipment prestiges. AT keeps leveling the gear itself but AT doesn't enter maps to pick up prestiges. Manually babysitting the script at this point and getting all the prestiges let me quickly get to 262. How do i get AT to actually grab the prestiges? Blacksmithery I mastery doesn't help a lot since it only grants prestiges up to 131, which doesn't do much good at 262.

Dynamic Prestige takes as input, an approximate zone number at which you'd like it to have gotten you all caught up on prestiges, and until it thinks it needs them (NB: it doesn't always have the best judgment, and sometimes this is a settings issue elsewhere as well), it'll stick with only shield and dagger. The idea is that when you don't need the prestiges it doesn't bother getting them, and gradually catches you back up on them at a rate such that you've got all of them at the point you said you needed them (the point you set Dynamic Prestige to).

The actual execution of the idea is not always quite functional though - it tends to assume in its planning, for example, that it'll run one map per level but sometimes it'll just overkill its way through several levels without any maps because it doesn't want to abandon soldiers. (AT also has an annoying habit of running maps near the end of the level to take advantage of the gathering upgrades, instead of at the beginning of the next level where the gathering upgrades are just as effective and you actually benefit from the up-to-200% increase in damage for more than like five kills.)

Anyway, it sounds like Dynamic Prestige is causing you more problems than it's solving, so try just turning Dynamic Prestige off, in which case it should run maps for prestiges every x5 level if you're set to GambesOP (or every x5 and x0 if you don't yet have whatever challenge gives you two prestiges at once).

Vil fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 13, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
In my experience dynamic prestige is useless. Instead set the prestige dropdown to the first or second weapon, turn on the setting that skips getting prestiges you can't afford yet, and set "minutes to farm for spire" to whatever it needs to be to clear the spire.

The script could in theory be made intelligent enough to know when it has enough damage/hp to clear the spire since those are static numbers, but nobody has bothered to do it.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 13, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I like the idea of dynamic prestige but once it is past the zone that you have specified in the options it should level all prestiges according to the prestige setting in the AT gear menu. This is not happening and it keeps plodding along with woefully inadequate gear, only really leveling shield and dagger (And for some reason leveling helmet and mace a bit but nowhere near to the levels of the first two, meaning they are still useless)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
One of your other settings is interfering with dynamic prestige, but it's hard to tell which without seeing your full settings. My guess is the one about not farming for prestiges if you already have unbought ones, since I think that overrides everything else.

Did you try the settings I posted? They work fine for me. You'll get to full or nearly full prestiges near the end of the run when AT starts running maps to make progress. Even in theory I don't think dynamic prestige does anything automaps doesn't do on its own.

Something I missed in your first post: Blacksmithing 1 makes a huge difference because you're getting half your prestiges for free, so when you start farming near your final zones it takes half as long to cap them.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 13, 2017

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I quit Trimps today, after playing manually to the point of unlocking Overkill. It's just too fuckin grindy. Every unlock that has the potential to be fun and game-altering is instead underpowered and overcosted. It's like the cat game, where unlocking new features doesn't make you think "wow what a big power boost", it's more like "welp that's another thing I have to grind".

The last straw was grinding enough helium to buy Overkill level 3, only to find out that it can only kill 1 extra cell at a time. I totally get why people use AutoTrimps now, although I installed it briefly and decided messing around with 100 config options wouldn't really be fun for me. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

GrossMurpel posted:

I've been meaning to play that again, I dropped it a while ago due to reasons I forgot but it was really good.
Do the pets ever become useful? Most of the time, I'd be finished with a run before the hunger bar was even depleted enough to feed the thing.

They give decent current and rebirth stats multiplier if you give them clones (there is now a button for 50 godpower that sets clone stats to half of pets)

The game currently has an event running. You get a free pet and every 20 minutes a food item that's better than mighty food.