Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Was Danny Dufresne's voice acting always this bad? Ah well, guess they can't all be winners...

Edit:
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Just finished my first playthrough of Kaidan & Orochi Tower this week and I had two main thoughts:

1. Goddamned trap-filled apartment complexes.

2. How did they get away without a cease-and-desist for "like Mark Hamill's Joker, but Japanese"?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Now try to perfect the apartment complex.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yeah right. Even on the rare occasion I appear to land cleanly on the islands in the very first bit, I still get shocked.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If you think that's bad, wait until you try to perfect the Oni Wards.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Hello Sailor posted:

Yeah right. Even on the rare occasion I appear to land cleanly on the islands in the very first bit, I still get shocked.
Yeah, the game trusts your client side location when jumping - so you'll see other players look like they missed a jump based on the server side prediction but then "pop back" once the server accepts their location from the client. It fails you for jumping achievements based on the server side prediction though (no matter how perfect the jump appears to you), because of funcompetence. If you ever want to feel angry, do the Lava Game Champion achievement, holy poo poo.

:smugdog:Having said all that:

Tallgeese posted:

If you think that's bad, wait until you try to perfect the Oni Wards.
I'm going to go and try this now because I am a broken person. :v:

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I haven't played this in a couple years, loving the story and acting, but not really liking the skill grinding. How's the game now? Any big mechanics changes/overhauls happen?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

There shouldn't be much grinding involved if you're doing most of the non-storyline missions and don't get to the second or third zones of Transylvania and suddenly decide you want to change to a build that's the complete opposite of where you've been spending your points. In the latter case, you could wait a week for mission cooldowns* and redo the last zone you completed and probably be fine.

I skipped a large amount of the missions in the third Transylvania zone and some of south Kaidan and still had enough skill and ability points** to make a few decks with different weapons that can handily beat the storyline. Even the AEGIS stuff wasn't particularly grindy; I beat the final storyline mission with one controller at 1.4 and the rest at 1.1.

If you want to do endgame MMO content or hop on the augment or museum treadmills, that's when things get grindy and you should give it a miss. If you just want to experience the neat storyline and read the [complimentary, but smug/stone cold and smug/smug] messages from your handler, you should be fully rocking and rolling by mid-Egypt.

* Or subscribe for a month? I think cooldowns get shortened to 8 hours for subscribers, plus they get more exp and money from them.

** You will seriously have more points than you realistically need for even the most costly soloing deck on TSWDB by sometime in Egypt.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm going to go and try this now because I am a broken person. :v:

Watch a video for how to Flicker it, I am warning you now.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

Watch a video for how to Flicker it, I am warning you now.
I didn't watch a video but Flicker seemed like the only way to get past a couple of them, still took three attempts though.

Edit: by far the most annoying part of that mission is the gas & landmines in the basement

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 22, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You managed to get through the final ward without watching the exact method? Impressive.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

You managed to get through the final ward without watching the exact method? Impressive.
I just walked between the candle and the doorframe?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Funny enough...

How big is your character?

The game will count that as a failure if your character is certain sizes. I'm dead serious.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. I mean Funcom still makes account unlocks gender specific. I will never play a female character because I don't want to pay to get the unicorn mask again.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm sure you could trade pax for it if so inclined.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Is everything tradable now? Noticed people selling some rare stuff for Pax.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Ultimate Edition at a rather low price here if anyone's interested: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/star..._eid=1162231b58

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Don't do it. Wait for Complete.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Don't do it. Wait for Complete.

Goddamn it.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

What extra does Complete get you over Ultimate?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Plavski posted:

What extra does Complete get you over Ultimate?
I think three extra issues? Which if you bought them seperately would probably cost as much as the game itself.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Alexander DeLarge falls for MMO hype. Film at 11.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

I think three extra issues? Which if you bought them seperately would probably cost as much as the game itself.

Yup.

If you buy Ultimate, wait for a Steam Sale and buy the other three issues' Collector's Editions (NOT Sleuth's Gallery) at 5 bucks each. At least you'd get a free teleport and some cool pets.

Funcom basically never puts the points on sale.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 29, 2017

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Ultimate was still a solid amount of content for $10 with that deal. It's gone now tho.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Yup.

If you buy Ultimate, wait for a Steam Sale and buy the other three issues' Collector's Editions (NOT Sleuth's Gallery) at 5 bucks each. At least you'd get a free teleport and some cool pets.

Funcom basically never puts the points on sale.

Do those actually go on sale during the big sale events? Because that's not so bad. Would've saved a bit of money but that's alright considering how much I like the game.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

I'm just hitting Blue Mountain on my Dragon and will be hungering for more content soon. Hope Complete goes on sale again in the foreseeable future! It's only through Funcom, right?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Amante posted:

I'm just hitting Blue Mountain on my Dragon and will be hungering for more content soon. Hope Complete goes on sale again in the foreseeable future! It's only through Funcom, right?

Well, technically you can probably go for additional content when you reach QL 10 (and have QL 10 equipment) but I would wait until you finish Transylvania. So you've got a pretty long way ahead of you.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Do those actually go on sale during the big sale events? Because that's not so bad. Would've saved a bit of money but that's alright considering how much I like the game.

Yes, when the main game goes on sale on Steam so do the Collector's Editions of issues.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
So I have a bug that I've had since playing back in 2012 and after years away and coming back it looks like they never fixed it.

For some reason my eyelashes and glasses are bugged out.

(the glass part of the glasses are floating above where my forehead are and my eyelashes are up there too...)

Google tells me that switching to DX9 mode works but the game looks better in DX11. Please don't tell me that after 5 years they still haven't fixed this.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Given the current operating budget for this game and the team that works on it, you can safely expect your issue to never be fixed before the game shutters.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well after nosing through their 3rd quarter financial report, it looks like their income is down and they're planning to milk that Conan ip for all it's worth. So yeah, enjoy TSW while it lasts.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 9, 2017

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

You'd think with all that venture capital that they could throw a scrap or two our way... dunno, the side games make me think they plan to keep TSW around for a while, even if it's as an ostensible shambling corpse.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
We've seen this before with Anarchy Online and Age of Conan. The moment they start doing better, they'll invest back in you guys. TSW isn't dying anytime soon.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Did they discontinue veteran points? I'm looking at the updated membership thing and it doesn't mention them anymore. Now you get a bonus thing for being subbed for X time.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Did they discontinue veteran points? I'm looking at the updated membership thing and it doesn't mention them anymore. Now you get a bonus thing for being subbed for X time.

I'm still seeing mine when I look at the store on their webpage.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

They are discontinued. You may not obtain them anymore.

Yes, that means everything in the Veteran Points store is unobtainable if you don't already have the points to buy them. Can't even be gifted.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tallgeese posted:

They are discontinued. You may not obtain them anymore.

Yes, that means everything in the Veteran Points store is unobtainable if you don't already have the points to buy them. Can't even be gifted.

Good thing most of it sucked

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, I actually have some points but never bought anything other than the cat pet. The rest kind of sucked.

I wonder why they dropped the veteran points system.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Red Mundus posted:

Yeah, I actually have some points but never bought anything other than the cat pet. The rest kind of sucked.

They hadn't added anything in years from what I can tell looking at the selection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Red Mundus posted:

I don't think people ever used them.

The Reconstructor (the only permanent utility item you can buy with Veteran Points), costs 30. Everything else is QL10 blues, and consumables, neither of which people want to spend a time-gated currency on.

**also I have 69420 points so I'm never spending currency again

***there are also tentacle hats and zebra masks, but that only gets you so far.

Cheston fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 12, 2017

• Locked thread