Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Tarage posted:

We had some trouble with that line. It was originally: "We expect your answer by the end of the week at the end of the month of October by the Earthling calendar."

The point is, they want an answer by the end of the week. AKA soon.

I'm just saying, they got me last time with "the first of April"... not this time, Jitsu Wa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Agronox posted:

I'm just saying, they got me last time with "the first of April"... not this time, Jitsu Wa!

Same here; odds are this is somehow some massive bureaucratic screwup, and Nagisa shows off her shiny butt again to make it right.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
what if Future Nagisa is the Charismatic Female Pervert 2

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

dordreff posted:

what if Future Nagisa is the Charismatic Female Pervert 2

Future Nagisa isn't far enough in the future for that.

It probably bears pointing out because I didn't pick up on it right away. This Nagisa is from 10 years in the future, whereas Rin et al. are from 50. So she probably doesn't know a drat thing about pervert future.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ZiegeDame posted:

Future Nagisa isn't far enough in the future for that.

It probably bears pointing out because I didn't pick up on it right away. This Nagisa is from 10 years in the future, whereas Rin et al. are from 50. So she probably doesn't know a drat thing about pervert future.

It's possible that future Nagisa and Rin, etc. are from different timelines as well.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Hold on to your pretty butts!!!

http://bato.to/reader#03c3ea8f0ec4f035

Incidentally my day/week/month has been incredibly lovely so please send me some spare positive energy because lord knows I'm gonna need it. /blogging

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Is Nagisa the second charismatic pervert that ruined the future?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Wittgen posted:

I could tell you the answer but it would be a spoiler.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

Incidentally my day/week/month has been incredibly lovely so please send me some spare positive energy because lord knows I'm gonna need it. /blogging

Have my energy, god knows I don't use it enough.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Tarage posted:

Sending energy:

(Hope things get better Tarage!)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Keijo!!!!!!!! Wa Watashi Wa

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Tarage posted:

Thanks, but I wasn't asking seriously. Just speculating.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

chumbler posted:

Keijo!!!!!!!! Wa Watashi Wa

Beat me to it.

Sending energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Also I have to point out that once again Rin has completely forgotten what she's supposed to be doing.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tarage posted:

Also I have to point out that once again Rin has completely forgotten what she's supposed to be doing.

Me too! :v:

But I'll probably reread this when completed and slowly as I buy the books.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I haven't done this in awhile reading this comic but

What in the gently caress just happened

how is jitsu wa so good that they can regularly have these amazing callbacks for humor and then ricochet right back into drama with the last page or so

e: Tarage you and the whole Futari wa Pretty Anon group are amazing, I'm not really a rom-com person but you really bring a nice little bundle of manga pages into my life every week or so and i really appreciate it! I sincerely hope things turn out well for you.

Fellis fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 10, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
What is Rin's face referencing in that "new age" page? It looks Ghibli-ish.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wittgen posted:

Tarage posted:

How could she not be, though? She's already proven herself to be the equal to Shiho, and that's assuming she isn't holding herself back (after all, Shiho's not really into the whole pervert thing).

But dang, way to give us mood whiplash, Jitsu Wa :ohdear:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Tarezax posted:

What is Rin's face referencing in that "new age" page? It looks Ghibli-ish.

Ashita no Joe.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, it's over.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hate-Senpai posted:

Ah, it's over.

The last chapter ran? Is it satisfying?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Truthism is consistently good, is all I'll say, cause I don't really wanna spoil anything.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I can't believe I chose to catch up right as the second to last volume came out, meaning I have the longest possible wait for the last one to release :negative: .

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hate-Senpai posted:

Truthism is consistently good, is all I'll say, cause I don't really wanna spoil anything.

That's all I for one needed to hear :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

z0glin Warchief posted:

I can't believe I chose to catch up right as the second to last volume came out, meaning I have the longest possible wait for the last one to release :negative: .

Sasuga, z0g-kun.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#ad2b1e18d38a41ec

Okay you can let go of your butts now. Butt emergency is over.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Butts are being held onto harder than ever
:saddowns:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So if I'm interpreting this right, Asahi realizes they can't have the same friendship dynamic that they all used to because romance is involved?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

There Bias Two posted:

So if I'm interpreting this right, Asahi realizes they can't have the same friendship dynamic that they all used to because romance is involved?

I read it more as he never really had time to process that they will never be together. He did at one point have a crush on her. Shenanigans has prevented him from reflecting on it too seriously.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Tarage posted:

http://bato.to/reader#ad2b1e18d38a41ec

Okay you can let go of your butts now. Butt emergency is over.

MAN, gently caress THAT NOISE.

Tears all over. I get this strange sense that in the future, Youko dies. There's nothing but tragedy on the horizon!!

Chaos reigns.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

My read was that he realized that if he wants to let her move on, he has to actually distance himself, which he hasn't really been doing. So basically yeah.

Tarage posted:

I read it more as he never really had time to process that they will never be together. He did at one point have a crush on her. Shenanigans has prevented him from reflecting on it too seriously.

The way the Japanese is phrased 「三人で過ごした時間が 大切だったんでしょうね」「大切」「だった」and 「俺たち」(instead of 委員長と or whatever) makes me think he's thinking of it in terms of the three of them's friendship, not a romantic relationship thing. Assuming I'm reading your point correctly here.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

DrSunshine posted:

Tears all over. I get this strange sense that in the future, Youko dies. There's nothing but tragedy on the horizon!!

At the very least, I think the story is trying to insinuate that that might happen. But as we've seen time and time again, the author likes to be subversive with expected outcomes. It would make just as much sense for the characters to react that way if Asahi were to die at some point in the future after conceiving a child.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
All the men in the future are dead duh, they bled out through their noses

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The chapters recently have been very good about riding that fine line of uneasiness and uncertainty among the characters. This butts staying held until I see those Russian roulette cream puffs again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Future Asahi ain't dead, given what Rin says in her first appearance.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Come get your poor planetary resource management fix: http://bato.to/reader#97163e4682a8529e

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Ok so its official: Youko dumps Asahi and dates Nagisa instead

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I did not sign up for this Feels Trip. I got on the wrong plane!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artificer posted:

I did not sign up for this Feels Trip. I got on the wrong planet!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Come on you guys, all this drama just means the payoff''s going to be all the more hilarious when it comes! Right? RIGHT?! :shepicide:

• Locked thread