Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Neat cartoon from the 40s. No other information on it

Hey there's Tedd Rall on it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I like Anti-Everything's style.

It's something we still see a lot of, really. I wonder why "anti-everything" ever fell out of use, given how universal it still is.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nebalebadingdong posted:

It's depressing that a cartoon from the 40's remains relevant today.

I wonder if we'll finally find a way to get anti-vaccination people to shut up by 2040?

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 9, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's depressing that a cartoon from the 40's remains relevant today.

I wonder if we'look finally find a way to get anti-vaccination people to shut up by 2040?

I hear it's pretty hard to talk with mumps.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

MMA is about punching and kicking. :confused:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sequel to this cartoon:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I want to know more about the life and views of Mr. Careless.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

VGCats guy came out of retirement to bring us this:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Xander77 posted:

Sometimes I forget how garbage VGCats is

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
saw this on my local antifa twitter

Feel like it needs a "feels good man" somewhere in there

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

I know he's really milquetoast most of the time, but I have a soft spot for Danziger.
I think I just really like his art style, is the thing.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ambitious Spider posted:

:golfclap:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Can we go back to using the oldie-time mouthful "anti-vaccinationist"? drat kids trying to be cool with their "anti-vaxx" like it's a 90s :krad: sports tournament.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

WASHINGTO (AP) - Trump again proved to be totally unprepared for the presidency today when he issued an executive order filled with

WASHINGTON (AP) - Trump today made another huge gaffe when he said that the only difference between the United States

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Honestly this is better than I thought. A little more thought would make it better but the idea is sound.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

Honestly this is better than I thought. A little more thought would make it better but the idea is sound.

It's got the whole gaming comic thing of "Would work with about half the panels removed" but yeah it's at least a sound idea for VG Cats

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ambitious Spider posted:

That third panel is great

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

dougdrums posted:

WASHINGTO (AP) - Trump again proved to be totally unprepared for the presidency today when he issued an executive order filled with

WASHINGTON (AP) - Trump today made another huge gaffe when he said that the only difference between the United States

Gorrel Cartoons LLC

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

MrUnderbridge posted:

Gallium yttride?

Sorry, it's a Gay Agenda secret we don't share with outsiders.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

can't believe vgcats would wildly ignore sonic canon like that and pretend a feminist would be a good comparison to trump

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Honestly would prefer eggman to trump

At least he knows how to read

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Preview your posts and use timg tags where necessary

Seriously what is up with constant lovely toon dumps this year?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jukebox Hero posted:

They got the same silhouette, the same love of pollution for its own sake, and both are defined by their signature ugly hair style.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Jukebox Hero posted:

And he knows how to actually get things done, and his major irrational hatred is hedgehogs not brown people.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"Antifa Black Bloc slammed two fireworks into the campus, (Commander In) Chief. We was comin’ back from the city of San Francisco to Berkeley. We’d just delivered Milo. One of the good ones. Eleven hat wearing men went into the counterprotest. Our line went down in 12 minutes.

Didn’t see the first leftist for about a half-hour. Anarchist. 6-footer. You know how you know that in the streets Chief? You can tell by lookin’ from the hoody to the boots. What we didn’t know, was that our counterprotest was so secret, no distress tweet had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for 6 hours. Very first streetlight, Chief, leftists come cruisin’ by, so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calenders. Infantry squares like in the old calendars like the Battle of Bunker Hill and the idea was the leftist come to the nearest man, that man he starts trollin’ and posturin’ and sometimes that leftist he go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away.

Sometimes that leftist looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a leftist is he’s got watery eyes. Weepy eyes. Like a baby’s eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn’t even seem to be an adult… ’til he punches ya, and those watery eyes roll over commie red and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched virtue signalin’. The Overton Window closes up, and despite all your trollin’ and your posturin’ those leftists come in and… they tolerate you to pieces.

Anyway, the speech was cancelled.”

I don't care how many times this has been quoted already.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I agree, Tea Party man, as an Alabamian we should say 'No Bama' and everything from it. Unfortunately Sessions was confirmed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Read this in JFK-from-Clone-High's voice and it's great.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

Something about this Mitch McConnell makes me laugh every time I see it. I really appreciate that it fits his voice so well.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Newfie posted:

Something about this Mitch McConnell makes me laugh every time I see it. I really appreciate that it fits his voice so well.
It reminds me of these guys from Star Wars:

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

It reminds me of these guys from Star Wars:

But Ithorians are pacifists and care deeply about the environment, it just doesn't fit. :goonsay:

I do love that comic though, it's one of the best all year. The sheer amount of contempt that drips from it is astounding.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

A man who is so goddamned crazy. And dumb.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Death Ray posted:

We're up to 33 signatures, Goonies! Let's get it to 50 this week! Have you seen Ramirez lately? He looks shaken... agitated! We're getting to him!

Sign the petition and make Michael Ramirez draw Donald Trump!

At long last, here it is:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is how he handles the next four years: He'll draw Trump on the few occasions he strongly disagrees with him, but mostly he'll draw the stupid Democrats obstructing the unseen president's agenda.

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 9, 2017

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Mmmyes have you considered that a unified dogma based around securing the elevated position of a very specific sort of person is the true diversity

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'll be interested to see how many "nevertheless, she persisted" cartoons we'll see tomorrow.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yes, all those millions of people advocating completely unvetted immigration sure are idiots, huh

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Scaramouche posted:

I'll be interested to see how many "nevertheless, she persisted" cartoons we'll see tomorrow.
Talk about handing your opponents the perfect sound bite on a silver platter.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Scaramouche posted:

What exactly is this in reference too?

Trying to keep up on politics right now is...exhausting, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Snake eyes is what, under a 3% chance? And you figure every time you roll the dice you're saving the life of an individual or even an entire family?
I mean those are pretty good odds. If you accept that's what they are -- which they're loving not, but actual terrorist acts by refugees is something that's been well covered already -- then even by Ramirez's own logic it seems prudent to roll the dice, right?

I guess it's irrelevant because vetting is already a thing and people need to stop acting like the only alternative to this travel ban is to let people stroll in with no paperwork.

Internet Kraken posted:

What exactly is this in reference too?t
Trying to keep up on politics right now is...exhausting, to say the least.
Elizabeth Warren tried to read a quote from Coretta Scott King on the Senate floor. She was interrupted by the Senate chair and told to basically shut up, then the majority leader (Mitch McConnell) also told her to shut up. She was banned from reading it aloud.
McConnell announced of the incident:

quote:

She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.
Which is phrased so perfectly it sounds like something history books say about civil rights leaders who refused to stop fighting against oppression despite all odds. Unsurprisingly those words have only emboldened the other side, not having quite the intended effect.

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 9, 2017

• Locked thread