Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wandle Cax posted:

You should enjoy the nice light :)

The light is awful. The DS3 had a better system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

then vr owners would complain about their vr being broken

PSVR overrides your controller light setting and maxes out its brightness anyway. Could just turn it on too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

PSVR overrides your controller light setting and maxes out its brightness anyway. Could just turn it on too.

thats cool

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Project Diva X worth playing through if I already got Future Tone ?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fit em all up in there posted:

Unfortunately I don't think so. It has some interesting new features but also many annoying new features but more importantly, I just don't like hardly any of the music.

I start it up every once in a while and play a few tracks but then I quit and go back to Future Tone and then wonder where the last three hours went.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

There are some songs in Diva X that are not in Future Tone that make me come back to it just to play them again, but the game is different in tone. You have somewhat of a plot. There are not as many songs, and you have a friendship mini-game.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The first encore pack for Future Tone has best song shake it! so I immediately bought the season pass.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I have 5 games in my queue sitting on my table that I need to prioritize:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- MGS5: TPP
- Ratchet & Clank

Any idea? I'm going through TLG right now, and need to figure out which to start first.

I would definitely say MGSV or Uncharted 4. Uncharted 4 if you want a linear and relatively short story, MGSV if you want to immerse yourself for a while.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Armor-Piercing posted:

The first encore pack for Future Tone has best song shake it! so I immediately bought the season pass.

Shake it rules, your body heat (or however it's translated), from the second pack, rules. The rest I have mixed feelings about.

However, looking in the main Japanese page trying to remember which songs were in which pack, I noticed that it now claims only three song packs in the season pass. What gives?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I have 5 games in my queue sitting on my table that I need to prioritize:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- MGS5: TPP
- Ratchet & Clank

Any idea? I'm going through TLG right now, and need to figure out which to start first.

I'd prioritize MGSV and Dark Souls 3, but Uncharted 4 and Rachet & Clank on standby if you need a break, unless you're juggling HDD space. I haven't played World of Final Fantasy but I would expect it to be tonally lighter but still very long as a JRPG.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In order, I would say:

-Uncharted 4
-MGS V
-Dark Souls 3
-World of FF
-Ratchet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dark Souls 3, then UC4 to take a load off, Then MGS5, Then Ratchet to take a load off, Then FF cause I have never played it but it sounds long.

Imo break up long rear end RPGs and open world games with nice little narrative games you can beat in under a week.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just play a different game every day for an hour or two until they are all done

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I blew through MGSV the week it came out and loved it, but the mission structure lends itself pretty well to the occasional 1-2 hour session. No need to play it start to finish. And it's not like there's much of a story to worry about losing track of.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How do I replay the tutorial in future tone I skipped it like a dumbass and after I fiddled with my sound settings to go away with the tish tish I uhh forgot that there is always some new type of goofy button thing.

I figured out the swipes and the things where you gotta hit 2 3 4 buttons at once but there are these like linked buttons that appear. One on each side with lighting between em

Normal mode does not gently caress around and it's also really loving weird playing Miku on a non handheld

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Omg Neru and Haku are in this omfg I haven't seen them since project diva on my PSP :3:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

How do I replay the tutorial in future tone I skipped it like a dumbass and after I fiddled with my sound settings to go away with the tish tish I uhh forgot that there is always some new type of goofy button thing.

I figured out the swipes and the things where you gotta hit 2 3 4 buttons at once but there are these like linked buttons that appear. One on each side with lighting between em

Normal mode does not gently caress around and it's also really loving weird playing Miku on a non handheld
I think it's in the option menu somewhere. The options of the game are odd and split for unknown reasons between the menu off the title and the customization options of songs themselves.

Also super big time saving tip that I only found out after weeks of playing: R1 and L1 together to automatically find the recommended costume.

Also it never occurred to me to turn off the button sounds. I am kind of a nut for ultra clear feedback on inputs I guess. Ever since I was a kid if windows or whatever was loading something but not showing the wait cursor it would drive me up the wall.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yeah when I first started the diva series it was my first music game so I kept them on to for feedback but then I learned I loved the music so out they went

E: unrelated kid thing on a computer. My dad used to ALWAYS have echo on for our old win98 win2000 comps and when we finally got an XP comp he didn't bother and it drove me INSANE I was so used to hearing all the windows sounds with echoes.

He also only used the jungle pack or w/e turned your pointer icon into a ladybug or something awesome

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 9, 2017

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

So should I buy a Pro now that boost is out or not? I am in the beta. I went to a couple of places to get one today but they were sold out, don't know if I should try again tomorrow or not.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

loudog999 posted:

So should I buy a Pro now that boost is out or not? I am in the beta. I went to a couple of places to get one today but they were sold out, don't know if I should try again tomorrow or not.

I mean if you got the cheddar sure why not get me one too

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

loudog999 posted:

Personally, boost mode pushed me to get a Pro. I'm not in the beta or anything, but I have some games I'd love to increase the framerate of, like Until Dawn and Bloodborne. Also playing Last Guardian with a smooth framerate is a major upgrade. I'd basically base your decision off of how important framerate and minor visual upgrades are to you, and of course whether or not you have a 4K or HDR tv (I have neither). Gamestop is taking an extra $50 on PS4 trade ins right now, so I got mine down to a respectable price.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So, uh, doesn't Boost Mode go against the whole "Pro players can't have an advantage in multiplayer" thing Sony said?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Does boost mode even do that much for Bloodborne? The game runs at a pretty stable 30 fps but feels choppy overall due to incorrect frame pacing. Boost mode is not going to help with frame pacing issues.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm waiting on the inevitable Death Stranding special edition of the PS4Pro. If there isn't one, I'm still getting one when Death Stranding comes out. Considering how amazing MGSV performed on the stock PS4, I'm excited to see with Kojima will pull off with a Pro.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Doc Morbid posted:

Does boost mode even do that much for Bloodborne? The game runs at a pretty stable 30 fps but feels choppy overall due to incorrect frame pacing. Boost mode is not going to help with frame pacing issues.

There a few spots in game where it goes sub-30. Boost mode negates that, but yes frame pacing is still a problem.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've always wanted to play Lords of the Fallen and I remembered that it was a free PS+ game so I have it in my library. I remember it getting a lot of negative feedback though, what was it that people really didn't like about this game?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

I said come in! posted:

I've always wanted to play Lords of the Fallen and I remembered that it was a free PS+ game so I have it in my library. I remember it getting a lot of negative feedback though, what was it that people really didn't like about this game?

its just mediocre as poo poo. it runs fine, no major issues, its just bland and boring when compared to Dark Souls type games it obviously took inspiration from

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm waiting on the inevitable Death Stranding special edition of the PS4Pro. If there isn't one, I'm still getting one when Death Stranding comes out. Considering how amazing MGSV performed on the stock PS4, I'm excited to see with Kojima will pull off with a Pro.

I bet death stranding probably wont run as well as MGSV since it not using the fox engine, which is black magic

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

man nurse posted:

Personally, boost mode pushed me to get a Pro. I'm not in the beta or anything, but I have some games I'd love to increase the framerate of, like Until Dawn and Bloodborne. Also playing Last Guardian with a smooth framerate is a major upgrade. I'd basically base your decision off of how important framerate and minor visual upgrades are to you, and of course whether or not you have a 4K or HDR tv (I have neither). Gamestop is taking an extra $50 on PS4 trade ins right now, so I got mine down to a respectable price.

Does Gamestop still honor that deal even if the PS4 in question has issues? Mine's got the Eject bug so I stripped away the rubber on the button a while ago.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ometeotl posted:

So, uh, doesn't Boost Mode go against the whole "Pro players can't have an advantage in multiplayer" thing Sony said?

No more than Proper patched Pro games. Which is to say, not really.

Boost Mode doesn't make a 30fps game a 60fps game or something. Just like Proper patched Pro games, it takes a game TRYING to do 30 and maybe hitting 27 in reality... and just gets it closer (or at) 30.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I bet death stranding probably wont run as well as MGSV since it not using the fox engine, which is black magic

True. But I'm still betting Kojima would do things with the engine that Guerilla would never think possible.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the only advantage of a pro console in multi is that maybe with less screen tearing and judder they can hit you a few times but really :cmon: the types of games where fps matters and don't already have solid fps locks on them are still more about map knowledge and strategy than not having the occasional dip and things like playing over wifi teleporting all over like too many people do will do more to gently caress up your game than your own console

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Huh, looks like every Gamestop in this country is sold out of PS4 Pros. Of course, every other store I checked seems to be doing just fine and have plenty of systems in stock. gently caress Gamestop.

(only reason I bother with Gamestop is the fact I live right next to one, was planning to go pick up a Pro today but I guess I'll go for another option)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doc Morbid posted:

Huh, looks like every Gamestop in this country is sold out of PS4 Pros. Of course, every other store I checked seems to be doing just fine and have plenty of systems in stock. gently caress Gamestop.

(only reason I bother with Gamestop is the fact I live right next to one, was planning to go pick up a Pro today but I guess I'll go for another option)

the new gamestop policy where they fire you if you sell a new console and bigger purchases of new stock are worse for the clerks probably makes stocking the pro a really bad idea for regional managers

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

the new gamestop policy where they fire you if you sell a new console and bigger purchases of new stock are worse for the clerks probably makes stocking the pro a really bad idea for regional managers

can you elaborate because that makes no sense to me right now

edit: OH new console over preowned I take it, nevermind

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Doc Morbid posted:

Real hurthling! posted:

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

can you elaborate because that makes no sense to me right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9qgEQdhQ0

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Is there a reason this is in the news everywhere as a "new" GameStop policy? Assuming the person wants used first and then taking the extra step and saying you want used/new isn't here or is worse is like, like literally since 2004 that's been a thing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Was there anything in the 4.5 beta about improvements to Remote Play?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Is there a reason this is in the news everywhere as a "new" GameStop policy? Assuming the person wants used first and then taking the extra step and saying you want used/new isn't here or is worse is like, like literally since 2004 that's been a thing.

http://kotaku.com/new-gamestop-program-leads-employees-to-lie-to-customer-1791874332

Specifically this part:

Anonymous Gamestop Employee posted:

“We are telling people we don’t have new systems in stock so we won’t take a $300 or $400 dollar hit on our pre-owned numbers,” one GameStop employee told me in an e-mail, requesting anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to press. “This is company wide and in discussions with my peers it is a common practice. We also tell customers we don’t have copies of new games in stock when they are on sale—for example, Watch Dogs 2 is currently $29.99 new and $54.99 pre-owned. We just tell them we don’t have the new one in stock and shuffle them out the door.”

Fix posted:

Was there anything in the 4.5 beta about improvements to Remote Play?

Nope, didn't see anything for it.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

cause kotaku did an article on it 2 weeks ago or something so now people know/remember