Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bundt Cake posted:

hes an obvious cheat but hes a ko threat big time for 3 rounds and also a ragdoll threat although he does seem like a dumb aggressive guy who might not have the best defense . i dont know if bisping is going to be able to outwork yoel but he has the guts and cardio to survive yoels best i think. hes kinda relying on taking over in the final 3 rounds, or yoel gassing from beating him up

I never ever EVER thought I'd be typing this but Bisping is really good at a lot of things.

I hope you're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bisping is a lot of things, but the one thing that separates him from other fighters - his "Anderson Silva counterpunching" or "GSP double leg" - is his ability to learn from his losses. Every time he has lost he has come back a better and smarter fighter, and his skill set, physical gifts, and fight IQ have come into focus late in his career.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Snowman_McK posted:

Jacare was gassed as poo poo as well. That was a weird fight.

I haven't seen it in forever but I think I thought it was a draw.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I never ever EVER thought I'd be typing this but Bisping is really good at a lot of things.

I hope you're right.

He's good at two things, cardio and initiating scrambles.

CommonShore posted:

Bisping is a lot of things, but the one thing that separates him from other fighters - his "Anderson Silva counterpunching" or "GSP double leg" - is his ability to learn from his losses. Every time he has lost he has come back a better and smarter fighter, and his skill set, physical gifts, and fight IQ have come into focus late in his career.

I think it's more that Anderson Silva was old, Luke Rockhold is stupid and Dan Henderson was even older. And Hendo still nearly won the exact same way he won the first time. Twice.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

I hope you're right.

I feel weird about rooting for bisping too, but I take comfort in knowing that when he gets KOd, its still mike bisping

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

I haven't seen it in forever but I think I thought it was a draw.

That's fair. Very little happened outside of the spinning backfist in the first.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
I hate both Bisping and Yoel. So I hope Bisping pulls it off somehow then pisses hot after the fight and has the win overturned for maximum comedic value.

In my heart I know this can never happen though. The only way Bisping will ever fail a drug test is if USADA adds cans of spinach to their PED list.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

CommonShore posted:

His grit. You better put him out, or he's gonna be exactly the same person except with blood streaming down his face.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://gfycat.com/KeenFlusteredGaur

yeah baby

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Now post the one where he sits in the press conference afterwards drinking a beer while making sure the label never gets on camera, because it's a good beer as opposed to the piss that sponsors the UFC.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

I never appreciated how hard Bisping hits Rockhold after he rocks him and Luke gets back to his feet. I always though Bisping just shoved him down before teeing off on him, but nope, that was another clean (and harder) shot to the jaw.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bundt Cake posted:

I feel weird about rooting for bisping too, but I take comfort in knowing that when he gets KOd, its still mike bisping

He really does own.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I am also now a fan of Bisping because he spent a decade being the most predictable joke in MW but believed in himself despite the overwhelming amount of evidence to the contrary and actually succeeded instead of being broken down by reality. It's a saga built upon hope, and schadenfreude redeemed

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Still makes me laugh every time.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

I never appreciated how hard Bisping hits Rockhold after he rocks him and Luke gets back to his feet. I always though Bisping just shoved him down before teeing off on him, but nope, that was another clean (and harder) shot to the jaw.

yeah he smoked him with like an overhand or somethin. sick

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Still makes me laugh every time.

Once Bisping has lost again and sanity is restored to the division, I'll be able to laugh. In the meantime, I'm still angry at Rockhold.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I haven't forgiven Yoel for killing Weidman and also being a roided out cheat and I hope Bisping controls distance and wears him down. Also the Jacare fight was either a draw or a Jacare win so gently caress Yoel.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Sorry A Troll From Trolls The Movie Killed Chet Whiteman.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Neurosis posted:

I haven't forgiven Yoel for killing Weidman and also being a roided out cheat and I hope Bisping controls distance and wears him down. Also the Jacare fight was either a draw or a Jacare win so gently caress Yoel.

The bin making GBS threads CAF with maxed out stats was bad all along.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Neurosis posted:

Bisping also roids, Rampage all but confirmed it in an interview a few years ago

everyone roids

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Bisping also roids, Rampage all but confirmed it in an interview a few years ago

everyone roids

shut up

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont think less of Bisping or any of the champs for roiding

It's clearly part of the game. All the best dudes do it

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I was looking at the rankings and I noticed that Carla Esparza is still #3 straw weight...and has an upcoming fight against an unranked opponent. What's the deal there?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Tsyni posted:

I was looking at the rankings and I noticed that Carla Esparza is still #3 straw weight...and has an upcoming fight against an unranked opponent. What's the deal there?

The deal is I've watched every women's strawweight fight and I couldn't name more than 5 women in the division if you held a gun up to my head and demanded I name more. Sean Shelby is in a similar predicament, as is Luke Thomas, the guy who creates the rankings pages.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Bisking is going to beat Gay Jesus.

Rude_Dude
Jun 2, 2009

Tsyni posted:

She's fighting Randa Markos, who she and Felice Herrig bullied on TUF, making it a sort of grudge match. Also relevant is that Claudia Gadelha was talking poo poo about how Carla turned down a rematch because she's afraid to take a difficult fight, so maybe Carla only wants a fight she thinks she will definitely win.

Esparza has publicly talked about her money issues too, even going so far as to sell her Harley Davidson motorcycle she won from TUF on instagram. It might be a case of needing a fight regardless of opponent. To be honest, though, her being ranked #3 is kind of bullshit - she's only fought twice in the last two years and one of them was an exceedingly thorough rear end kicking from Joanna Champion.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Zzulu posted:

I dont think less of Bisping or any of the champs for roiding

It's clearly part of the game. All the best dudes do it

BS

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Zzulu posted:

everyone roids

USADA was not a thing a few years ago, so anything Rampage said back then is meaningless now. They are not "roiding".

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
If that fight took place in America (as it should have) Dan Henderson would be the champion.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I still think it's funny that they got really strict on steroids and suddenly michael bisping became the champion

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

EA UFC2 is 13 bucks on psn sale for ps4 right now if you're into that. I got on Jon Jones' tuf team as Chan Sung Jung and took out two people with spinning backfists so I got my moneys worth.

Edit: It's insane that they managed to make grappling and subs worse after EA UFC1

I did the subs part of the tutorial over for days and couldn't get it.

So I tried to make myself as a Middleweight punch kick champion. I think I got the belt without a loss. But my CAF looked like me, in shape, from the neck down only. That's also being generous. His face looked like that dumb fucker that won TUF and kicked out a window.

P. S. - Do people give a gently caress about rankings now? Seems like a lot of folks here do.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Boetsch will beat Jacare and Anderson will beat Derek Brunson and Weidman will beat Mousasi and Bisping will beat Romero and then they'll rematch Bisping vs. Anderson 2, and Bisping will win that as weell

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brunson beats Anderson, Boetsch beats Jacare, Mousasi beats Weidman, Yoel beats Bisping, on Yoel's 40th birthday the drugs stop working and his body falls apart, Bisping is forced to retire because his eye got kneed eight times in two seconds and he's finally non-ignorably blind, SCOTUS reinstates the travel ban and Mousasi is never allowed in the USA again, the rising tides destroy Chris Weidman's home and he retires to sell garbage can-shaped toilets, Luke Rockhold is thrown in federal prison after he's discovered selling bongs on etsy and deemed a threat to the public, Robert Whittaker defeats Thales Leites for the interim middleweight title and the belt is reunified on super bowl weekend 2018 at Whittaker vs Brunson II: Please, Please Don't Go

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

I still think it's funny that they got really strict on steroids and suddenly michael bisping became the champion

Amazing that he beat a really old man and a really stupid one then another really old one all in a row. The explanation is definitely steroids.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Snowman_McK posted:

Amazing that he beat a really old man and a really stupid one then another really old one all in a row. The explanation is definitely steroids.

2 of those guys have definitely done steroids, and the other guy after some spectacular performances got totally and easily bested by Michael Bisping at around the time steroids became extremely hard to do. I think it's worth considering. He'll I think it's worth lolling.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

I did the subs part of the tutorial over for days and couldn't get it.

So I tried to make myself as a Middleweight punch kick champion. I think I got the belt without a loss. But my CAF looked like me, in shape, from the neck down only. That's also being generous. His face looked like that dumb fucker that won TUF and kicked out a window.

P. S. - Do people give a gently caress about rankings now? Seems like a lot of folks here do.

Jesse Taylor

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

2 of those guys have definitely done steroids, and the other guy after some spectacular performances got totally and easily bested by Michael Bisping at around the time steroids became extremely hard to do. I think it's worth considering. He'll I think it's worth lolling.

One of those spectacular performances against the best guy he's ever beaten happened while steroids were extremely hard to do. And, once again, the other two guys are crazy loving old. And one of them still managed to nearly beat him the exact way he's beaten him before, but presumably hits a bit less hard just this side of fifty as opposed to just this side of forty.

Also, I feel like steroids probably don't stop you walking into dumbass counters that you never should have been in the vicinity of anyway. Fuckin' stupid, sexy Rockhold.

There are some fighters who have looked suspiciously terrible since USADA, like Jake Matthews, who went from being a crazy strong grappler and terrible striker to a terrible, gassy grappler and terrible striker. The timing isn't really there for Bisping, though.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 9, 2017

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Saying that Bisping only beat Rockhold because Rockhold was "stupid" is stupid. He was a bit careless but he didnt do anything drastically different than what he always does, he has a really limited striking game that he gets away with because he hits hard and is a southpaw who can kick, Bisping gameplanned well for him (remember it was on like 2 weeks notice also) and exploited his boxing, if they rematched right now the onus would be on Rockhold this time to make some changes and the odds would probably be about even

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think rockhold's like anderson in that he's a way less effective fighter when his opponent doesn't lead. bisping went from jogging into boxing range and getting lit up in the first fight to having rockhold step in with punches on him in the second (which is how he landed that weird overhand).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

*JT$

• Locked thread