Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

is saying anything dying on a hill, now

this is a weird hull to die on, mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

rovert posted:

Strange thing to have 5 consecutive posts about too.

Someone calling attention to themselves is not really a strange thing for people to pay attention to

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

is saying anything dying on a hill, now

If only.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

holy poo poo didn't know how much I wanted a Heavy Machinery + Asuka team for a 6-person mixed gender tag match until now. Please pair them up against DIY+Ember Moon.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/828860875306057728

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Already a fan of the fat one and Chinese Kevin Meaney

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
The fat Chinese guy is my new favorite wrestler yeah.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Don't worry guys, he's ok!

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/828990380859355136

Both of them look like they can barely contain laughter from having to pose for that stupid photo

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Already a fan of the fat one and Chinese Kevin Meaney
Man, screw you for reminding me that Kevin Meaney died last October. :(

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
How soon do they usually announce if a show is postponed? I have a ticket to the Philly show tomorrow night but we're supposed to get hit with some heavy snow

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shawn Cotureier posted:

How soon do they usually announce if a show is postponed? I have a ticket to the Philly show tomorrow night but we're supposed to get hit with some heavy snow
I don't know but it is about time we get some heavy snow, I'm tired of this upper 50s rainy poo poo days. Its loving winter drat it!!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm hoping some fun stuff starts to kick off tonight. The last couple of cycles have been generally underwhelming so with any luck they break out of that.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

That little bunny hop Peyton and Billie did was incredible

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

It's everyone's favorite tag team

The Revival is there too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You know I'm gonna go out on a limb and say picking a fight with the Authors of Pain is a poorly thought through idea.

Edit: Haha the Revival rules

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I know Nigel is good and just needs some time to adjust, but god, I miss Corey so much already.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

I know Nigel is good and just needs some time to adjust, but god, I miss Corey so much already.

Yeah, was it Percy Watson with him tonight? The guy has no charisma (I was never a big fan but he at least had personality) and there wasn't really any chemistry with him and Nigel. Hopefully they improve.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Percy is pretty bad, Nigel is fine but he doesn't make up for Tom/Graves.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
NXT is bad.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nigel's biggest strength on commentary is getting swept up in the drama of a good match and conveying the push/pull to an audience

he'll pay off in the end (especially at a takeover) but as a straight replacement for corey graves he's a big downgrade for the quick pace of your average nxt episode

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Micheal Cole was good all along, and history has vindicated me for saying so.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't think we'll ever get a solid replacement for Corey Graves. He's like Heenan or Ventura for this generation. I'm not saying he's entirely on their level, but he does the heel(-ish) commentary really well, is super quick, and even puts over babyfaces when they prove him wrong in the ring. I feel like we haven't had a good heel commentator like Graves in ages, and I don't expect them to just suddenly find another one to fill his void on NXT.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Miz is about on Graves' level but thankfully he has not yet retired

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't think we'll ever get a solid replacement for Corey Graves. He's like Heenan or Ventura for this generation. I'm not saying he's entirely on their level, but he does the heel(-ish) commentary really well, is super quick, and even puts over babyfaces when they prove him wrong in the ring. I feel like we haven't had a good heel commentator like Graves in ages, and I don't expect them to just suddenly find another one to fill his void on NXT.

I think it was Meltzer (maybe Bryan?) who recently said that's it crazy to think that Graves is only 30 (edit: 32 but even so), because if they don't gently caress him up they've got their top color commentator for potentially decades to come. Pretty great for a guy whose career looked like it was over in his 20s.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The commentary team is in dire loving straits if Percy doesn't get better.

I heard several times Nigel fed him an obvious talking point and he stumbled with "uh, well, he/she is my jam!" and I could almost feel Nigel seething at the desk.

If the dynamic is supposed to be Nigel as the heel, Percy as the face and Tom as the neutral play-by-play, that would be perfectly fine. But dear God, Percy needs to get better fast.

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 9, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/829501821857177605

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

orange

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I missed this part, that's awesome

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

I missed this part, that's awesome

I have to say that after a bunch of failed experiments, I'm kinda digging those two as ditzy cheerleader bullies. I guess pro wrestling booking is just a matter of KISS sometimes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how fastly can you mention every person's name from NXT. Go

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
well theres my friends asuka and nikki cross, then there's kinda triple h with the queen song, then there's the guy rotting away in developmental, then there's chris hero, then there's heavy machinery, and i think that might be it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i read that in 3 seconds, so theres the benchmark for everyone else. it's time to get to work

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have to say this was the best NXT show in a while. The matches actually felt like they were building storylines, and Roode gloating as the new champ was fun. Now let's keep it up.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I have to say this was the best NXT show in a while. The matches actually felt like they were building storylines, and Roode gloating as the new champ was fun. Now let's keep it up.

I agree and you forgot the most important part: Heavy Machinery were on the show.

The biggest criticism I have is that it was too Sanity focused. I think the six man tag should have been held off a few weeks for a different main event.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

girls I love you...what are those tans

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

billie kaye is so loving caked in makeup by the end of the year she's going to be doink the clown

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

I agree and you forgot the most important part: Heavy Machinery were on the show.

The biggest criticism I have is that it was too Sanity focused. I think the six man tag should have been held off a few weeks for a different main event.

I am weird and I actually enjoy sanity and I'm glad the show had a heavy focus on them. If you're going to do a big new heel faction you gotta get them out there destroying people. I was totally fine with it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cavauro posted:

how fastly can you mention every person's name from NXT. Go

took a while.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
My Wife and I are going to be going to Orlando for a vacation this year and she has graciously said that if NXT is taping at Full Sail we can go. Is there someplace I can see the dates of future tapings? We are looking at End of July / Beginning of August. It seems like most shows are taped on roughly the first week of the month but is that pretty set in stone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

In line for the Philly show, Angelo Dawkins and Tye Dillinger just brought everyone in line some hot chocolate

• Locked thread