Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Mirthless posted:

That wasn't too bad! Got Catria to level 40 in one day. (I used 4 stamina pots though) I don't know how to feel about my stats, looks like I got -def and +spd. 31 def on attacks she initiates which is still pretty drat good. Just... drat. I wish I'd gotten more DEF. Kind of hurts to have defense as a character's gimmick and then roll low.

How'd you get a character to 40 in 250 stamina? My Tiki(5*)/Camilla(5*)/Takumi(5*)/Peri(4*) is in the 33-37 range and they get XP so slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nuebot posted:

I wonder if Takumi will get nerfed because this is kind of batshit.

They'll just give the new Ike, Lyn, Lucina, and Roy "gently caress Takumi" passives and make you whale for them instead

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah, there's no nerfing in mobile land

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Doesn't Japan have a law against nerfing things people pulled in a gacha too?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I mean brave weapons already take care of Takumi pretty well. Abel is imo the best because cav move means he can initiate from outside his range.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ah,

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I guess I have to work towards getting my 4* Abel upgraded if he's that good. His stats were pretty disappointing to me while I was using him but maybe my hash was just heavily backweighted for whatever reason. It all resets when you unlock potential anyway so whatever.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ran into Takumi for the first time and good lord is that a bullshit unit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hey game, could you please stop giving me these summons with 4 green slots. I already have 3 5-star camillas, I'm done with green at the moment.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Grozz Nuy posted:

I guess I have to work towards getting my 4* Abel upgraded if he's that good. His stats were pretty disappointing to me while I was using him but maybe my hash was just heavily backweighted for whatever reason. It all resets when you unlock potential anyway so whatever.

I'm just gonna crystal mine to 20 once i have enough fethers

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

I got a 5 star and he cant take attacks from non sword users for poo poo. But his alpha strike for killing greys/reds is bananas.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Robin is top tier almost purely for his "gently caress Takumi" ability. It's not like he's a better mage than anyone else against not-Takumi.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Andrast posted:

Hey game, could you please stop giving me these summons with 4 green slots. I already have 3 5-star camillas, I'm done with green at the moment.

Give me that, I still have fewer blue and green characters together than I do white characters on their own and none of them are that good. Best blue I have is Effie, who is a beast but also slow, and best green... I don't even know.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Picked the middle one because I'm doing the Hard quest that required ten Intermediate+ wins. Team I got had two Takumis.

I won anyway (albeit with only Jeorge standing in the end). Eat poo poo Takumi.

I want Robin so bad.

Nuebot posted:

I wonder if Takumi will get nerfed because this is kind of batshit.

Poor babies. Likelihood is probably about the same as the bullshit of matching you against a team with probably 20 levels over you. Or rather, "let's put you against a team with a 40, two ~35s, and a 21+ when you're coming with two 34s, a 28 and a 13 (healer). And then give them a map that massively favors them too due to typing." So much for "well it looks at the average of total levels" bullshit.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Do I try to replace Lissa, go for one last hail-mary gachapon roll now, or wait until the new units come out and hope for something good then??

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Trihugger posted:

Robin is top tier almost purely for his "gently caress Takumi" ability. It's not like he's a better mage than anyone else against not-Takumi.

He gets colorless advantage, so he's actually a better mage against a lot of units. :v:

Lord Koth posted:

Poor babies. Likelihood is probably about the same as the bullshit of matching you against a team with probably 20 levels over you. Or rather, "let's put you against a team with a 40, two ~35s, and a 21+ when you're coming with two 34s, a 28 and a 13 (healer). And then give them a map that massively favors them too due to typing." So much for "well it looks at the average of total levels" bullshit.

Can these people really complain when that level 13 healer does the same thing for them against even lower level people?

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 9, 2017

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I don't know if my Robin is weak or what, but I swear he always ends up nearly dead after attacking a Takumi. I've had better luck with Young Tiki.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Give me that, I still have fewer blue and green characters together than I do white characters on their own and none of them are that good. Best blue I have is Effie, who is a beast but also slow, and best green... I don't even know.

I have no usable blue characters at all which is pretty lovely. I'm thinking about leveling the event Subaki to 4-star just to have someone in that slot but I'm pretty iffy about having two flyers on my team.

I also have no good red melee-range units, which is really weird considering how saturated the game is with them. I have tons of red mages though.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I've been running a 5* Kagero that I drew and a 4* Jagen in my Arena team to deal with Takumi and the swordlord spam. Infantry advantage and range and the stats that rage brings and mobility are pretty good. Along with Child Tiki and Lucina.

I drew a 5* Cain today, so I might see how he levels up, with Brave Sword, Escutcheon and Threaten Attack he may be super tanky, but I'll have to see what his stats are like at 40.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

He gets colorless advantage, so he's actually a better mate against a lot of units. :v:

Can these people really complain when that level 13 healer does the same thing for them against even lower level people?

That's not my lead team that people have to fight, that's my slightly modified primary team to try and get around those lovely teams with lvl 1s on them floating around. Also, it's convenient for leveling my 4* Clarine (replacing my lvl 27 3* one on my main squad).

Besides, in that case the team was flat out significantly more powerful than me across the board, not just relying on a single ringer or two with low level chaff.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 9, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lissa and Coffin are now 4* :toot:

Now I just need some green crests or whatever for Anna. Incidentally, how's Cecilia?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I can't wait for the tears when Hector and Ryoma hit the banners and become more prevalent.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hate how the spur skills don't work with Tharja's damage buff. She would be insanely good on my team if they did (instead of just really good)

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Rascyc posted:

I can't wait for the tears when Hector and Ryoma hit the banners and become more prevalent.

I dunno, everyone has Child Chicken or Lucina and they just eat Hector alive

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Hector is not scary when you instakill his teammates while he's half the map away. And unless Ryoma has Hinata level defense, he's not much of a threat, havent faced him but im sure Abel will easilly murder him like any sword punk.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did they fix the communication error bug yet?

Twice I've downloaded it and twice its happened, calling customer support didn't help at all, and my phone is not rooted either.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Phyresis posted:

I dunno, everyone has Child Chicken or Lucina and they just eat Hector alive
And Takumi dies to a bunch of things too but people still cry lots about it. Hector and Ryoma will just add fuel to the fire.

Not saying these others are any better just that there's going to be much more of it going around and more diversity to boot. People who couldn't figure out Takumi and the simple AI are doomed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cheetah7071 posted:

They'll just give the new Ike, Lyn, Lucina, and Roy "gently caress Takumi" passives and make you whale for them instead

Probably! I bet someone in the future will have some kind of anti-counter skill.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Emalde posted:

Do I try to replace Lissa, go for one last hail-mary gachapon roll now, or wait until the new units come out and hope for something good then??

wow, you got ripped off in stats. Also Lissa is honestly pretty good already, might as well keep her.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Probably! I bet someone in the future will have some kind of anti-counter skill.

Like bowbreaker? Or desperate attack?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how do you improve your dual ranking? In terms of offense I easily surpassed the highest tier but when I look at global rankings I am still in the bottom tier.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

akulanization posted:

Then Subaki should be on the list. If anything he's better at destroying red units. Azura is top tier because she's the best dancer, Olivia should be on the list because she's a dancer.

Subaki can't dance to empower your other party members, has a glaring weakness to archers, and requires a 20k feather investment minimum.

Olivia can't fight worth poo poo.

Azura is Subaki + Olivia. That's why she's considered high tier.

cheetah7071 posted:

Doesn't Japan have a law against nerfing things people pulled in a gacha too?

No.

Trihugger posted:

Actually he's good at face tanking and killing red lords, too. None of them are any better at hurting him than Takumi is, really; they can mostly double him but he doesn't get countered by them (except Ryoma). Linde, the other main blue mage, can't say the same. She'll demolish any red unit on the attack, but if she gets caught out she's utterly dead.

LostRook posted:

I don't know if my Robin is weak or what, but I swear he always ends up nearly dead after attacking a Takumi. I've had better luck with Young Tiki.

Something's wrong there. Maybe your Robin is -Spd. Working completely on average stats, Robin deals 30 damage to Takumi and takes 6 damage in return.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 9, 2017

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

So how do you improve your dual ranking? In terms of offense I easily surpassed the highest tier but when I look at global rankings I am still in the bottom tier.

1) Take the bonus units, the multiplier starts at 2x and goes to about 3x. 2) Don't lose people, winning with 4 guys alive is worth more points. 3) Bring a higher level team, points are based in part on the stats of the teams you face, which is dependent on your own team's stats.

Zurai posted:

Subaki can't dance to empower your other party members, has a glaring weakness to archers, and requires a 20k feather investment minimum.

Olivia can't fight worth poo poo.

Azura is Subaki + Olivia. That's why she's considered high tier.

Subaki is better than Azura at fighting the people that Azura is supposedly "high tier" for being able to kill, and your chance of getting an Azura is probably lower than your chance of having 20k feathers right now. Olivia is a better support unit than Azura, since she buffs a much more important stat. Azura can only do one thing at a time, so she's definitely not Subaki + Olivia. If she's one of the 4 best units in the game then at least Olivia deserves to be in the top 40. I'm not arguing that Azura is not one of the best units in the game, I'm saying that if you think what she does is valuable you should include other people on your tier list.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 9, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

Bringing your strongest, highest level team lets you fight the strongest opponents available, beating those strongest opponents (ie. advanced) seven times in a row without any (or as few as possible) of your own units being killed will net you the most points.

I just finished my 7 streak with level 40 Takumi/Takumi/Robin/Lucina at ~4300 points and I've ranked 731st, and I've only had defence wins since finishing my win streak (anecdotally, not sure if this is how it works).

Note: I've accidentally entered the arena twice now with the wrong team and "surrendering" from the opponent choice menu (ie. NOT the actual battle screen) won't break your win streak, it will just remove one of the arena tokens

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Robin in 8th place warms my heart!

Anyway, if we combine the lists, we get (for a Top 20):

1. Lyn 49,917 votes
2. Lucina 42,875 votes
3. Ike (PoR) 33,871 votes
4. Tharja 29,540 votes
5. Roy 28,982 votes
6. Hector 26,557 votes
7. Camilla 25,766 votes
8. Chrom 23,803 votes
9. Corrin (Female) 19,599 votes
10. Ike (RD) 17,684 votes
11. Eirika 16,423 votes
12. Marth (SD) 15,877 votes
13. Ephraim 14,908 votes
14. Cordelia 14,362 votes
15. Azura 14,198 votes
16. Robin (Male) 14,149 votes
17. Micaiah 13,491 votes
18. Takumi 12,662 votes
19. Leo 12,145 votes
20. Henry 12,131 votes

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zurai posted:

Actually he's good at face tanking and killing red lords, too. None of them are any better at hurting him than Takumi is, really; they can mostly double him but he doesn't get countered by them (except Ryoma). Linde, the other main blue mage, can't say the same. She'll demolish any red unit on the attack, but if she gets caught out she's utterly dead.

Something's wrong there. Maybe your Robin is -Spd. Working completely on average stats, Robin deals 30 damage to Takumi and takes 6 damage in return.

At a guess they're running into Vengeance activations, because that's the only real way I'm seeing Takumi doing more than about what you said if they're the same rarity and the levels are roughly the same. If you nearly kill Takumi, and then he activates Vengeance on a counter, his attack will skyrocket for that attack but won't show up on the pre-battle damage numbers (though it will on the HP pool).

Haven't run the numbers, but I'm guessing it's either low-health Vengeance or Sophia's Dragon Fang (does anyone else get this one?) that's the most damaging special at the moment.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Folt The Bolt posted:

Robin in 8th place warms my heart!

Anyway, if we combine the lists, we get (for a Top 20):

1. Lyn 49,917 votes
2. Lucina 42,875 votes
3. Ike (PoR) 33,871 votes
4. Tharja 29,540 votes
5. Roy 28,982 votes
6. Hector 26,557 votes
7. Camilla 25,766 votes
8. Chrom 23,803 votes
9. Corrin (Female) 19,599 votes
10. Ike (RD) 17,684 votes
11. Eirika 16,423 votes
12. Marth (SD) 15,877 votes
13. Ephraim 14,908 votes
14. Cordelia 14,362 votes
15. Azura 14,198 votes
16. Robin (Male) 14,149 votes
17. Micaiah 13,491 votes
18. Takumi 12,662 votes
19. Leo 12,145 votes
20. Henry 12,131 votes

Henry being in the top 20 is pretty great.

Henry is pretty great.

My teams will probably always have Henry and Effie on them. Once I get Henry.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Lord Koth posted:

At a guess they're running into Vengeance activations, because that's the only real way I'm seeing Takumi doing more than about what you said if they're the same rarity and the levels are roughly the same. If you nearly kill Takumi, and then he activates Vengeance on a counter, his attack will skyrocket for that attack but won't show up on the pre-battle damage numbers (though it will on the HP pool).

Haven't run the numbers, but I'm guessing it's either low-health Vengeance or Sophia's Dragon Fang (does anyone else get this one?) that's the most damaging special at the moment.

Ahh, yeah Vengeance is probably it. I prefer to initiate against Takumi by letting him take the first shot at Robin, so I don't get Vengeanced and I only take 6 damage instead of 12 when killing him. Not always possible but it's the ideal.

As for most damaging special, it's almost certainly Astra. +150% damage is going to be more damage than 50% of your missing health.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Zurai posted:

Mine is the same. 29 atk at level 28 does fk all to Takumi's def even with type advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Is it just me or did the notice for the special event character disappear? Wasn't it supposed to start tonight?