Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I just got a new gaming laptop with a ridiculous resolution. Everything is tiny even with the size set to "extra large". Any pointers so that I can actually read stuff on the screen?

Edit: Wow, what a lovely top of page snipe. Welp. Sorry bout that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
New build finally up.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The crush attack Ensolyss uses when he spawns is now unblockable, making Another Goo Puddle easier for guardians to obtain.

arus you're a fat gently caress

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

The crush attack Ensolyss uses when he spawns is now unblockable, making Another Goo Puddle easier for guardians to obtain.

arus you're a fat gently caress

<33333

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

"The Tarrktun Personal Delivery Portal...can now be used while moving"

Holy crap I am so glad I ecto gambled for this instead of buying a permanent merchant. So Worth.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Are there any general Dungeon/Fractal guides for idiots out there? My friends and I tried Caduceus's Manor (party of Engineer/Revenant/Necromancer/Warrior) and got our asses handed to us. We tried the Ascalonian Catacombs and it went much better, but that may have something to do with it being a level 30 dungeon being raided by characters in the 50s. I saw a dungeon guide on the forums and it was a start but it was very general, I was wondering if there was anything on how to skill/gear for this stuff in terms of DPS, tanking, support etc.

Also I bought HoT and used my free level 80 on a Thief, I'm a bit worried cutting out the utility my Engineer brought to the group is gonna be disastrous.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Big patches big backpacks.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Are there any general Dungeon/Fractal guides for idiots out there? My friends and I tried Caduceus's Manor (party of Engineer/Revenant/Necromancer/Warrior) and got our asses handed to us. We tried the Ascalonian Catacombs and it went much better, but that may have something to do with it being a level 30 dungeon being raided by characters in the 50s. I saw a dungeon guide on the forums and it was a start but it was very general, I was wondering if there was anything on how to skill/gear for this stuff in terms of DPS, tanking, support etc.

Also I bought HoT and used my free level 80 on a Thief, I'm a bit worried cutting out the utility my Engineer brought to the group is gonna be disastrous.

http://gw2dungeons.net and http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki are pretty decent for new players. For CM you want a lot of reflects and/or stealth if you want to cheese it.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Aleph Null posted:

I just got a new gaming laptop with a ridiculous resolution. Everything is tiny even with the size set to "extra large". Any pointers so that I can actually read stuff on the screen?

Edit: Wow, what a lovely top of page snipe. Welp. Sorry bout that.

How big is your screen/resolution?

Fake edit:

Aleph Null posted:

I just got a new gaming laptop

I'm so sorry.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Well this is a pretty underwhelming update.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Is is true that Scarlet is mentioned in the update or is lonk trolling me

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

They say her name as an advisory against dumb decisions once, as far as I'm aware. She'll probably have more mentions in the next chapter though, unfortunately.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

CLAM DOWN posted:

Scarlet is mentioned. Watchknights happen.

We told you all this last week Arus you didn't believe us

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i can't believe that scarlet was behind the white mantle

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Spoilers for raids I guess

I really, really dislike the fact that they hide this awesome GW1 referencing storyline in the raid and instead give us living story garbage with insufferable characters and awful writing

Aug 24, 2011

Guild Wars 2 - better call saul

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
What's the raid storyline about? I'm probably never going to set foot in it.

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

She's wearing some nice floating armor I think...

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Did you guys finish the whole raid last night? I went to bed after you announced clearing the 2nd boss.

Aug 24, 2011

knowonecanknow posted:

Did you guys finish the whole raid last night? I went to bed after you announced clearing the 2nd boss.

no, we saw a bunch of lore poo poo then realised we couldn't find the actual door to the next boss, so we called it for the night

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Also this is yet another release where the COMMANDER'S role is to gather flowers and rotten fish and do various other busywork. Is there a portion of players who feel that the player needs to be hands-on with every possible fetch quest to get the best value for content?

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
New raid is pretty dope. 3rd boss couldn't keep it's four arms off of me :love:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sekkira posted:

How big is your screen/resolution?

Fake edit:

I'm so sorry.

Native is 4k. If I run the game at 1080, it's workable.

By biggest problem now is that the keyboard only works about half the time in the game. It doesn't do that anywhere else or in any other games, just Guild Wars 2.

I haven't had a desktop to game on for 3 or 4 years. I'm not hard core, so it's fine and preferable to be mobile. Otherwise, I'd be gaming in the basement and that's just sad.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Also this is yet another release where the COMMANDER'S role is to gather flowers and rotten fish and do various other busywork. Is there a portion of players who feel that the player needs to be hands-on with every possible fetch quest to get the best value for content?

I wish I could just leave and let Kryta do it's own thing 'cause I don't really like either of the Ministry/White Mantle or Jenna, and should probably be working on something to kill Kralkatorrik and Bubbles.

Aug 24, 2011

Redmanred posted:

New raid is pretty dope. 3rd boss couldn't keep it's four arms off of me :love:

wait till you see how many arms the 4th boss has

haha what do i mean wait, here's a picture

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

where the red fern gropes posted:

...needs more arms.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I gotta hand it to the devs though, they've managed to make the most annoying and unfun boss encounter in the history of Guild Wars franchise

I get knocked down, but I get up again, you never gonna keep me down...

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
It was nice of Anet to add a sierra game in our raid

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

rip tybalt, one of the few good characters in this game

this is the one storyline mission i remember because it was actually good

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

no, we saw a bunch of lore poo poo then realised we couldn't find the actual door to the next boss, so we called it for the night

if you look around for bits of rubble you can interact with, you find keys in them (though the game doesn't actually tell you this, you just get a black dot over your head) and there's a door you can go to and interact with

putting a key in the door lights up a blue flame, lighting all four flames opens the way to Samaron or w/e his name is

also the second boss owns super hard and was a ton of fun to do, even if it was really really easy

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Magres posted:

if you look around for bits of rubble you can interact with, you find keys in them (though the game doesn't actually tell you this, you just get a black dot over your head) and there's a door you can go to and interact with

putting a key in the door lights up a blue flame, lighting all four flames opens the way to Samaron or w/e his name is

also the second boss owns super hard and was a ton of fun to do, even if it was really really easy

yeah we figured it out but could not be arsed to go any further so we just went in and looked at the fancy spears

the second boss is really fun

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Out of curiosity, what did you guys wind up running for the first boss, comp/strat wise?

The group I was with wound up stacking everyone in the middle and having shared agony people step out, then decided to run three healers (2 druid 1 ele) so we could have the druids stand outside the stack and take care of themselves when they got shared agony, with the Ele chilling in the middle stack healing people and tossing heals at whoever our third shared agony person was. Having three healers made things much easier because of what a pain in the rear end it is to heal that fight, particularly when people screw up and get warped and slammed with shards and stack on green circles with shared agony and just in general take tons of damage (and get tossed out of your darn Druid heals :argh:).

Also having our Druids pack stunbreaks made the fight a lot smoother, we stopped insta-dying to stupid nonsense from its sword attack. I hate the opening slam of that attack, its targeting seems completely random, it comes out in like a quarter of a second. and it stuns long enough that the spin will hit you if you don't stunbreak, and the two knockbacks combined is like 75% of the radius of the arena so you're screwed if you're not in melee with Cairn when you get hit.

I'm thinking 3 healer, 5 DPS, a PSWarr and a Chrono in a 7-1-1-1 or 6-1-1-1-1 (Healers and maybe Chrono outside of the big group, not sure which yet) is a good setup for it.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i cant remember what we used, i dont think it matters much cause we had healers fall off before we hit 50% on the first boss and had like 100 seconds left.

we spent aboot 90 mins in there so far, about 50 mins killing two bosses then the rest doing the retarded lore poo poo before wvwednesday started

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Looking at a screenshot it was 2 zerkers 2 chronos 2 druids 2 tempests, reaper and scrapper. Druid fell off at the start of the fight and I think a tempest did during the middle. The only dangerous attack is the sweep thing, i just called out to dodge when it happened.

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

Has anyone heard what the fat blood stone crazed cat the the end of the final instance wants to eat?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

maybe one day i'll figure out just what the hell raids require and at least beat a single raid boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Join guild, do it.

• Locked thread