Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hey, so if I like the Atelier series, there's not much reason to not just buy all the ones I don't have for Vita, right? I know there's some jank, but also that it doesn't really matter much since they're turnbased games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Last Celebration posted:

Hey, so if I like the Atelier series, there's not much reason to not just buy all the ones I don't have for Vita, right? I know there's some jank, but also that it doesn't really matter much since they're turnbased games.

The Atelier Plus games are extended versions of the PS3 games. All the stories are expanded upon and original DLC is included (but doesn't prevent more from being introduced.) I can't say much for the Arland games other then they added an ending to Meruru where there actually is an older Rorona. Escha and Logy Plus added a romance path between the two and gave Nio a bigger role, then Shalie Plus from chapter 6 on started introducing concepts from the earlier games with direct references instead of "oh a friend said x"

Sophie and Firis are going to be the same content in lower resolution.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 6, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Deemo: The Last Recital is coming overseas finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1RhZmQELVE

It's been available in English for awhile now, but exclusively as an Asian English release.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The extra E is a typo

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Deemo is cute and all but I'd actually pay money for the love live game to be on vita.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Liver Disaster posted:

Deemo is cute and all but I'd actually pay money for the love live game to be on vita.

School Idol Paradise isn't really a good game.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Are either of the Katamari games on vita any good? Or at least mediocre they're only 4$ and I love Katamari so if they're not terrible I'm in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're both about the same level quality as the other games after the second one, fun but not inspired. The PSP one is broken up into a lot more chunks than usual but on the flip side it controls a lot better on Vita since you can map the buttons to right stick.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

In Training posted:

Suikoden is a pretty interesting JRPG series, if you wanna give those a shot.

Is there a good place to jump in here or any games I should make sure to avoid?I got Alundra installed last night, haven't sat down and played it yet though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Start with the first Suikoden, it's pretty clunky but worth playing and fairly short, the only skippable ones are 4 and Tactics but they're not on PSN anyway.
Also the lovely reboots but they're only on DS? I think.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Suikoden's really fun and if you like it enough to beat it you can transfer your save data into Suikoden 2 for lots of fun goodies.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Sakurazuka posted:

They're both about the same level quality as the other games after the second one, fun but not inspired. The PSP one is broken up into a lot more chunks than usual but on the flip side it controls a lot better on Vita since you can map the buttons to right stick.

Not being on the level of the first two is a given. I'll grab the Vita one for now since "fun but not inspired" katamari on the go is worth 4$ to me easily. Thanks

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Remember Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo? Well, it's back. With a PS4 HD remaster and a PS Vita sequel.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Bizarre, I was trying to play that a week or so ago but it was refusing to load my save - it'd just hang at the title screen after pressing Start.

edit: tried reinstalling and it worked fine on my Vita TV. It's a bit rougher than I remember it being and the sound effects are just crazy loud.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 8, 2017

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

What is the best Vita FPS

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

persona 4 golden

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

What is the best Vita FPS

Probably Killzone.

It's not really a crowded competition.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gal*Gun

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Oh cool. I did get the phone game versions of Deemo and that would be cool to have. How much does that version cost?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
Let's say I have a Vita. Let's say I bought it for PSP and PS1 games, with the idea of buying Vita games for it eventually.

Let's say I never got around to buying said Vita games until... now.

I have the two Trails of Cold Steel, but want more RPGs. Looking on Amazon, there's a ton of them, though. A lot seem to be under the radar since I've never heard of them, but I assume all Vita games are now since it went out of the mainstream very quickly after release.

What should I get?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Atelier Ayesha and then all the other Atelier games.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Vrikkian posted:

Let's say I have a Vita. Let's say I bought it for PSP and PS1 games, with the idea of buying Vita games for it eventually.

Let's say I never got around to buying said Vita games until... now.

I have the two Trails of Cold Steel, but want more RPGs. Looking on Amazon, there's a ton of them, though. A lot seem to be under the radar since I've never heard of them, but I assume all Vita games are now since it went out of the mainstream very quickly after release.

What should I get?

Super No Vacancy posted:

persona 4 golden

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Where can i find a decent screen protector for the oled vita? The current one has run it's course and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately it's not easy finding one for the original vita.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Sefal posted:

Where can i find a decent screen protector for the oled vita? The current one has run it's course and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately it's not easy finding one for the original vita.

Why don't you just use a phone screen?

Or barring that, get the sheets you can cut to whatever size you want

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Why don't you just use a phone screen?

Or barring that, get the sheets you can cut to whatever size you want

I did not consider that at all. Thought the size would be too big/small

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sefal posted:

Super No Vacancy posted:

persona 4 golden limited edition set screen protector

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Dehry posted:

http://compileheart.com/news/?num=20170206

Looks like Compile Heart's Attack on Girl's Dorm was delayed by a month for quality issues.

T... This was actually a game?

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
So Sophie is 20 € on PSN. Is it worth that? I have never played one of these, is it a good one?

Also I am tempted to buy Akiba's Trip for 7€. What happened to me...

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

skit herre posted:

So Sophie is 20 € on PSN. Is it worth that? I have never played one of these, is it a good one?

Apparently Akiba is a pretty ok game - relatively to some other vita games.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Exmond posted:

T... This was actually a game?

They didn't wanna let your dreams be dreams.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

skit herre posted:

Sophie is okay for that price but it's not the best Atelier game or introduction to the series.

Akiba's Trip has funny dialogue and is a surprisingly accurate representation of Akihabara but it's not really worth is for the game part and is best played on easy.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How crap is the vita port of Akiba?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

SelenicMartian posted:

I dropped it when I had three loading screens in a minute and a half. Maybe it gets better after the intro?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
It's playable, but there's a lot of loading screens.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

It's crap, but the dialogue and humour is still the same - still, if you have access to a PS4 I'd wait for that version to go for a sale. If you can only play a Vita version, just play on Casual (Easy) and have fun, the difficulty system adds more HP and Damage to enemies, not more moves or better AI; on easy you'll be stripping people left and right and not worry too much, and I don't think any of the game conflict is resolved by talking, funny as the dialogue may be.

The localization team really did an excellent work with this game, though, and it's worth seeing, really - the battle system is too shallow to support multiple playthroughs on anything other that easy, though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Liver Disaster posted:

They didn't wanna let your dreams be dreams.

They added Neptune and Noire to the game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, look forward to PQube bringing most of the new Vita Localizations this year.

quote:

So is the Vita dead? Not for us, not now – I’d say it’s on the decline, but we still have Vita titles through the next year. Valkyrie Drive was our last Vita-only title, so you could only play that on Vita and that’s done extremely well for us. Visual novel content has done well – Root Letter and the original Steins;Gate has done phenomenally well. The sales on Vita have vastly outstripped the sales on PS4 with something like Root Letter. Steins;Gate was pretty much all on Vita too, then a small amount on PS3.”

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/02/10/britsoft-focus-pqube

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A Vita game was cancelled, and the fans reacted just as you would expect. The company's response: Only Vita focused fansites were covering the game at all and they need at least 50,000 sales to turn a profit.

https://www.facebook.com/forgottenmemoriesthegame/posts/778018582355357

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

skit herre posted:

I played through it about 3 or 4 weeks ago when it was on sale. As everyone else is saying, it's not worth it if you are interested in the actual gameplay. The enemies (and partner AI) just kind of shuffle around and wait for you to beat everyone up. If the enemies do manage to strip any clothing off of you, it's only because the stars happened to briefly align in their favor. The dialogue and getting to explore mini Akihabara were definitely great though, so if you have any interest in that then 7 doesn't sound like too bad of a price.