Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope oak starts buying front row tickets to JDs concerts and just stares at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I wonder if James Dolan thinks he has a legion of fans named the Straight Shooters

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

They should hand out Oakley masks outside MSG before every Knicks game

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

He stayed slapped, I'm dying

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I wonder if James Dolan thinks he has a legion of fans named the Straight Shooters

Your email isn't in your profile otherwise I would have signed you up here to find out
http://www.jdandthestraightshot.com/about

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LeBron: "Get me a drat backup PG"
Cavs: "Ok....here is Derrick Williams!"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

God drat it Oakley run him over next time

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Doltos posted:

God drat it Oakley run him over next time

Reggie Miller and Pat Riley better make sure their doors are locked, Oakley is a man on a mission

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

After saying I'd trade him for grant and valentine he went and did this

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/829717541832491009

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I want to know what Clyde was saying during the Oakley confrontation.

Also gently caress Dolan and the Knicks, Jesus loving Christ.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

It's almost like being a dude who is 20 and 7 feet tall and can score is a good thing.

Weird.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
People made fun of my Rakeem Christmas is underrated pick but he has put up a 20+ PER and .198 WS/48 this season. In 20 total minutes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

Your email isn't in your profile otherwise I would have signed you up here to find out

This is the most infuriating thing I've ever read in my life.

quote:

vocalist/guitarist Jim Dolan whose voice the New York Post calls “reminiscent of Tom Waits

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

You monster. But lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chicagoinc/ct-scottie-pippen-defends-randy-brown-against-snitch-label-20170208-story.html

quote:

Bulls great Scottie Pippen had a message for any current Bull who believes assistant coach Randy Brown is a snitch: It's not about him, it's about you.

Pippen defended his former teammate during an appearance on ESPN's "The Jump," addressing persistent rumors that Brown has been acting as a spy in the locker room on behalf of management — allegations Brown himself strongly refuted this weekend.

"Randy's a great guy," Pippen said on the show Tuesday. "Yes, there are things you have to report back to your bosses but it's not being a snitch, it's doing your job. To me it's about the team — doing your job. ... They need to get better. It's not about anything taken out the locker room from Randy Brown or whatever, it's about what are you guys going to do to make it better.

"That's why you're looking at Randy Brown as a snitch, because you're not winning games."

1. Yes, that is literally the definition of being a snitch. Scottie

2. Isn't Pipppen still on the FO's payroll as like a Brand Ambassador or some poo poo?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Reggie Miller and Pat Riley better make sure their doors are locked, Oakley is a man on a mission

This might make a good Blues Brothers movie where Charles Oakley and a bunch of NBA ex-hard guys goes to every NBA city (including Seattle where they find Howard Starbux) to slap the hell out of owners so they stay slapped. Who's with me, boys?

gently caress,the NBA ought to jump on this poo poo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
"That's why you're looking at Randy Brown as a snitch, because you're not winning games."

My brain is bending and snapping as I try to figure out how these two things are related whatsoever. Wasn't Randy known as a problem well before their current woes

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!

Papercut posted:

I want to know what Clyde was saying during the Oakley confrontation.

Also gently caress Dolan and the Knicks, Jesus loving Christ.

They didn't mention it on MSG. While it was happening, they said there was an altercation going on, but didn't say that it was Oakley. If you were watching the MSG broadcast you had no clue it happened.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chicagoinc/ct-scottie-pippen-defends-randy-brown-against-snitch-label-20170208-story.html

1. Yes, that is literally the definition of being a snitch. Scottie

2. Isn't Pipppen still on the FO's payroll as like a Brand Ambassador or some poo poo?

Yeah he's on the payroll. They throw him out whenever they need to defend themselves. They had him lob a few grenades at Thibodeau when that decision got criticized. He'll probably pop up again when they need someone to trash Jimmy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

My brain is bending and snapping as I try to figure out how these two things are related whatsoever. Wasn't Randy known as a problem well before their current woes

In some fairness, no one was talking about this when the Bulls looked like a scrappy 2nd round team earlier this year. Just like Winning papers over conflicts, losing makes people look to scapegoats.

Obviously a lot of people had criticisms of the Bulls locker room, but since they've been losing those voices have gotten a lot louder. I doubt Randy Brown became more of a snitch or whatever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Pretty sure people have been talking about the Assistant Coach's being snitches and being planted on the coaching staff since Ron Adams was fired and Gar put assisant coaches on Thibs staff.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bulls are the only team that trains rookies in the Moscow Rules

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Extra bone in Zipser's foot is actually a recording device.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Charles Oakley might be my new favorite person.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Okafor for Boogie and a 2021 unprotected first who says no?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also I love that their defense is "He was cursing at James Dolan! :qq:" So loving what?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Esports and the NBA are taking their relationship to the next level

quote:

Today, the National Basketball Association announced plans to partner with publisher Take-Two Interactive for an official NBA 2K esports league, which led NBA commissioner Adam Silver to deliver this fantastic quote to the Wall Street Journal: “Think of eBulls against the eKnicks.”

The league, Silver explained, will operate just like the NBA: It’ll have a regular season, a playoff bracket, and a finals matchup. Teams of five players, each with his (or her?) own custom NBA 2K characters, will compete in a five-month season that starts in 2018. There’ll even be a draft, Silver said, although he also noted to the Wall Street Journal that none of the 30 NBA teams have fully committed to this esports league yet. (He expects around half of them to participate in the first year.)

Assuming the entire league does eventually sign up for this new venture, we look forward to watching the eWarriors blow a 3-1 lead to the eCavaliers in the eFinals.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

As someone who has no attachment to the older basketball era Charles Oakley sure does seem like an rear end in a top hat.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cougar cub posted:

As someone who has no attachment to the older basketball era Charles Oakley sure does seem like an rear end in a top hat.

Are you kidding? I started really following like 4-5 years ago and he loving rules.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Are you kidding? I started really following like 4-5 years ago and he loving rules.

It can be both (it probably is)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
gently caress the Knicks™

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Oakley is the man, and the true real rear end in a top hat is Dolan.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Tae posted:

Esports and the NBA are taking their relationship to the next level

nba2k is a real garbage esport and im sad that means it'll become an "esport game" instead of a goofy rear end game where lebron has to duel ai in 2014 and then the big 3 of lebron, dwight, and chris paul as new york knickerbockers go 73-9 and play the 96 bulls in a dream sequence

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Charles Oakley is the type of rear end in a top hat that's just a general rear end in a top hat. Dolan is a wormy little rear end in a top hat that'll do poo poo like get a franchise legend tossed out of the arena and ban him from future games, then apply assault charges like your rear end was ever in danger.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I mean if Charles Oakley was mad at me I would believe my rear end was in danger. I would not press charges, and I wouldn't go out of my way to antagonize him, but I do not find it shameful to be afraid of Charles Oakley.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Charles Oakley is an rear end in a top hat, but he's one you like because he keeps everyone else in check.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

Charles Oakley is an rear end in a top hat, but he's one you like because he keeps everyone else in check.

Yeah this.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Can someone who isn't a million years old tell me what if anything this means to basketball or if it's just video game poo poo I can safely ignore.

Tae posted:

quote:

Today, the National Basketball Association announced plans to partner with publisher Take-Two Interactive for an official NBA 2K esports league, which led NBA commissioner Adam Silver to deliver this fantastic quote to the Wall Street Journal: “Think of eBulls against the eKnicks.”

The league, Silver explained, will operate just like the NBA: It’ll have a regular season, a playoff bracket, and a finals matchup. Teams of five players, each with his (or her?) own custom NBA 2K characters, will compete in a five-month season that starts in 2018. There’ll even be a draft, Silver said, although he also noted to the Wall Street Journal that none of the 30 NBA teams have fully committed to this esports league yet. (He expects around half of them to participate in the first year.)

Assuming the entire league does eventually sign up for this new venture, we look forward to watching the eWarriors blow a 3-1 lead to the eCavaliers in the eFinals.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

It's just video game poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Can someone who isn't a million years old tell me what if anything this means to basketball or if it's just video game poo poo I can safely ignore.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It's just video game poo poo

Yeah. It should have no impact on you.

Unless it starts to make lots and lots of money and they pull you to do some analysis on play in the game and then you will need to learn how to predict the effects of patches that come every couple months.

It won't, though.

• Locked thread