Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

God Of Paradise posted:

Slug from Atmosphere.

Couple pages back, but did we date the same girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I did a bit of Frankenstein surgery and stitched together The Deaner Album and Freeman in Spotify to make a bootleg 10th Ween album and I love how it has turned out.

The tracklist I've came up with runs:

Dickie Betts
The English and Western Stallion
Bundle of Joy
El Shaddai
Doo Doo Chasers
Golden Monkey
Mercedes Benz
Black Bush
Garry
More Than The World
Exercise Man
(For A While I Couldn't) Play My Guitar Like A Man
Shwartze Pete

There's other stuff I'd like to have put in there (Gum specifically) but I kinda liked the idea of alternating between the two albums, so sacrifices had to be made.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

That's awesome. Good choice of songs from both albums.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Every time I hear Exercise Man, I can't help but hear the way the end of the chorus has basically the same cadence as Rush's Digital Man

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Two Chicago shows! Mere blocks from my apartment!

Of course it's the weekend I'm out of state for a wedding.

Growing up sucks, so I bought my buddy a ticket.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
God Ween Satan: Live is sooo loving good

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Harminoff posted:

God Ween Satan: Live is sooo loving good

The version of Nicole is so loving good :rznv:

Oh my god Queen Cole too. I can't wait to hear Mushroom Festival and Marble Tulip Juicy Tree.

Going to be a tough decision in the future whether to listen to the studio album or this live one.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 18, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I don't know if I'm going to get the Birthday Boy bundle or not.

If they are around next week I'll bite.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I just ordered the GWS:Live vinyl yesterday, can't wait to hear it. Picked up a Boognish slipmat too, because hell yes.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

God drat you guys weren't kidding. This is on par with the live recording at Cat's Cradle. Some good poo poo. Lot of energy. You can tell this is 9/12/2001 or whatever because the boys are putting so much energy into this show.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
WHere you guys hearing this? I pre-ordered the vinyl but didn't get a download link or anything

edit: nevermind, found it. reading emails is important

double edit: nope, entering my postal code on the website doesn't give me a download link

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 18, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

It is on Spotify.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yep, Google music too. Only issue I have with it is the guy shouting out lyrics 5 seconds too early.

Ahh well, the energy is amazing, cranked her up to 11 for sure.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Yep, Google music too. Only issue I have with it is the guy shouting out lyrics 5 seconds too early.

Ahh well, the energy is amazing, cranked her up to 11 for sure.

I am so cranking this at work right now. I ran into the lady in the office next door at the Dean Ween show a few weeks back, so I'm guessing she won't complain. :getin:

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
This version of Marble Tulip Juicy Tree is amazing. Top tier Ween madness.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Amazing version of Did You See Me by the Dean Ween Group live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHT5RRu2G_w

:bisonyes:

me your dad fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 24, 2016

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

me your dad posted:

Amazing version of Did You See Me by the Dean Ween Group live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHT5RRu2G_w

:bisonyes:

I don't know if they did it for the whole tour, but they came out wearing cloaks and playing that with no lights on but those headlamps they're wearing in the picture. It was pretty great, Halloween is a good night for a Ween project concert, I saw a dude dressed up as a banana and blow and a girl wearing the outfit and belt from the Chocolate and Cheese cover. Also, they played Pink Eye (on My Leg).

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

WOMAN AND MAN INTO SPRINGTHEME'?!?!??!?

DAAAAAAAAAAANG.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Good stream for tonight https://www.periscope.tv/w/1eaKblNOEjaJX

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbE3iPCMnuE

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Was anyone else at the Sunday night show? poo poo was amazing. Great venue, too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

For my birthday (today) my girlfriend bought me Pure Guava on vinyl.

She also rearranged our itinerary for a wedding in March. She also got me two tickets to see Ween at the Aragon in Chicago. It's like 3 blocks from my house so it will be loving awesome. I get to see the boys twice in less than 6 months.

I simply adore the Aragon Ballroom and haven't been there since I saw Muse in 2005.

redmedicine
Mar 7, 2015
have they given any indication that they'll make a new record?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

redmedicine posted:

have they given any indication that they'll make a new record?

After the 3 night Capitol Theater run Deaner was posting a bunch in the big Ween group on Facebook about how psyched he was about the show and he said he was going to talk to Gener about releasing it in some form. Other than that I think he's said in interviews recently that he's only writing for Dean Ween Group right now. Who knows what Gener is up to.

redmedicine
Mar 7, 2015
cool thanks

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I think i read that Deaner said dwg 2nd album is already done. Here is a new song https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=MfDIE6eqI1g

Reggae jam, though I think this was just in response with him being upset with John and Peters and them wanting him to pay to play there. He plays a free show there every Thursday and I guess they treat him like poo poo. Pretty disappointing.

Deaner posted:

I have very mixed feelings about last night's Invitational at John and Peter's, only because it has gotten better every week---last night was the pinnacle though-- It has been a very trying year on all of us--with no exceptions--so much loss, so many tragedies personally, and worldwide. We have this thing that we do on Wednesdays though that is a release from all of that, the music, the people, the bonding between the musicians and the crowd, we've built something very special, unique to our tiny river town. But there are some bad things going on behind the scenes that the audience need not know about. It has gotten to the point though where the poo poo is starting to affect the gigs. We've lost a few key members (and longtime friendships, dig?) of our jam because of breaches of bar rules, and the money part-----we do our part, we even rehearse for a free weekly concert most of the time. We leave owing the bar money every week. There has to be some compromises on the bar's part though. I can't imagine us playing anywhere else, but the relationship has no balance, at all. We are treated like poo poo basically, no, not basically---we get treated like poo poo. I get yelled at. So after what was arguably the best Wednesday and the final word on 2016, it (of course) ended on a very awful note. I normally don't like to disclose what goes on behind the scenes, but it can't be ignored anymore. I am seriously considering moving the whole drat thing to my studio and doing a webcast every week. The music we play, this is how we make a living, most of us. To charge us for doing it while we make thousands every week for John and Peter's, it's just unacceptable. Stay tuned.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 25, 2016

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
$5 Deaner stream tonight!!!

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 30, 2016

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
I recently found out Ween will be headlining the Nelsonville Music Festival just outside of scenic Hocking Hills, Ohio this year. It's a festival located in an old pioneer village that is about half an hour drive from some of the most beautiful countryside you could ever hope to hike. I'll definitely be attending and just wanted to spread the word.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Finally listened to the GWS live show, pretty good.
Birthday Boy is awesome but man it's a lot easier to listen to without that electric guitar in it. No voicemail though.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Good Deaner interview, plus rad new Dean Ween Group track.

Sounds like he's been listening to some Bitches Brew.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 12, 2017

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Nice interview, and him mentioning wanting to bring dwg to Australia is great. From Byers crossed that happens!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

femcastra posted:

Nice interview, and him mentioning wanting to bring dwg to Australia is great. From Byers crossed that happens!

Might have done a little fist pump at the idea of dwg coming to Australia, which also hopefully means we're on Ween's radar too

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Going to see Ween coverband The Pod tomorrow night. Apparently Deaner has played guitar with them at a few shows, so I guess they are legit. Either way it will be a good primer for my girlfriend who only knows a few Ween songs.

Then she will be blown away when we see the boys in March.

Every christmas I invite my buddies over and we put on 12 Golden Country Greats. This has been happening for like 6 years running at this point.

And every time my mom turns up and says "Who is this band this is good?"

And every time we call yell "It's WEEN!"

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Got tickets this morning to the Charlottesville show :woop:

Edit: RIP King Billy
http://www.factmag.com/2017/01/18/william-onyeabor-dead-70/

me your dad fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 19, 2017

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not

me your dad posted:

Got tickets this morning to the Charlottesville show :woop:

Edit: RIP King Billy
http://www.factmag.com/2017/01/18/william-onyeabor-dead-70/

Never knew that's who inspired the tune. Having a really good time getting into his stuff. Pity it took his death for me to discover him.

Friends EP is great, but I prefer the album cut of "Friends".

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

^I agree

Tix for Chicago just arrived in the mail. I'm excited, hopefully there's no crazy meltdowns this time around. I honestly didn't think they would tour together ever again, but now I can fulfill a lifelong dream.

Hail boognish.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

July 12th. Pre-sale starts tomorrow 10 AM mountain time (password: green)

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

That poster is like one edit away from turning into Goatse.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, I'd be all over that if July 12 wasn't a freaking Wednesday. Lot harder to make out of state shows work when they are mid-week.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Zoltron's doing a tryptic for the Vegas posters. Here's a sampling of his work:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Previews are getting posted.

eeeeeeeeee!