Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Glazius posted:

Did Gendo bring a suitcase N2 with him?

I agree with benching Quattro. Apocalypse is a young man's game.

I feel bad whenever I have to bench Quattro for the final mission, but if he doesn't have something good to pilot, there's no other choice. Of course, Alpha 3 gives you the reverse problem. You get the Sazabi, but then there's not really anyone to pilot it (I mean, you can give it to Four, but you've also got both the Nu HWS and Hi-Nu, so you're gonna be leaving something good behind unless you decide to use some nobody Newtype like Katz).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I can't believe I'm voting against the Nadesico character, but Go home, Akito; this fight is for people who still believe in the future.

(Even if she isn't deployed, can we still get Ryouko's converstaion?)

*edit* Changing my vote to this.

GodofDiscord posted:

Bench the UC people sans Amuro and Akito
Bring the Three Aestis and Asuka

Let's gooo I am excited for the final stage!

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Feb 5, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

EclecticTastes posted:

As for who to drop, bench Quattro and Altair.

No need to bench two if you're not adding any of the extras - just one bench will do.

AradoBalanga posted:

Bring: Team Dragonar + Maillot
Bench: Camille and Altair

There are nineteen folks on the convo list, so I'd still need a third benchwarmer if you want to add both Tap and Light!

Ardeem posted:

(Even if she isn't deployed, can we still get Ryouko's converstaion?)

Of course - this is just to decide who'll get to be hands-on.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

There are nineteen folks on the convo list, so I'd still need a third benchwarmer if you want to add both Tap and Light!
I suck at math. :doh:

Bench Akito and his emo rear end as well.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Keep Shinja and Asuka for their hijacked finale.

Bench Quatro and Amuro so they can go off and sulk together.

(If I'm also loving up all of the maths, Altair seems a popular choice for sitting in a corner :downs: )

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
How is this even a question? Bench Akito. End of story.

I guess also bench Masato because there's nothing interesting he could contribute and so you can bring Boss.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, bench Akito for being a lamer who is lame.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Bench Akito, nothing good can come from including more PoD.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Drop Quattro, Amuro and Akito

Add Asuka and Rain

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Bench Akito, add Rain.

Akito is a lamer and pretty boring! :colbert:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Watch Akito's lines be acknowledging is his failings as a husband and father and swearing to protect the future for his family and friends. Bonus points if he travels from the future to Brightslap himself into doing it.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Booky posted:

Bench Akito, add Rain.

Akito is a lamer and pretty boring! :colbert:

First bench is always to get the number down to 18. Adding someone in means you need to drop another! :eng101:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Brunom1 posted:

First bench is always to get the number down to 18. Adding someone in means you need to drop another! :eng101:

:negative:

Hmm, then drop Amuro too!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm gonna say bring all of Team Dragonar (i.e. Tap and Light) and in exchange drop Quattro, Akito, and Altair.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Bring in Tap, Light and Asuka.
Bench Judau, Akito and Altair.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Spark That Bled posted:

Bring in Tap, Light and Asuka.
Bench Judau, Akito and Altair.

Need one more bench if you're bringing in Asuka.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Brunom1 posted:

Need one more bench if you're bringing in Asuka.

Bench Quattro too, then.

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014
Bench Akito.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Bench Akito, because gently caress PoD.

Stormgear
Feb 12, 2014
Bench Akito because we've gotten this far without his help, what's one more mission?

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
Bench Akito, he can gently caress off.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's a shame because I like his unit, but Akito should sit on that bench.

Enemy Input
Feb 26, 2014
Bench Altair and Judau and bring Boss to the finale.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
We wanna win. We gotta dance like it.

Bench Akito and Judau
Bring Asuka

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Bench the UC people sans Amuro. and Akito

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

GodofDiscord posted:

Bench the UC people sans Amuro. and Akito

Need one more bench if you're gonna add four folks

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Need one more bench if you're gonna add four folks

Oh okay. Then bench Amuro too.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Bench Char And only him.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Bench Char, since he's kinda boring.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Bench Akito and add Asuka. After all the crazy poo poo the girl's went through, she deserves to do stuff in the finale.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Bench Akito and only him.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alright, that's it for the vote.

Overall consensus was to bench Akito forever (and I would've been disappointed with you guys if this wasn't the end result), but there was also significant outcry to drop the UC folk plus Altair for some of our extra crew.

So, for the finale, our team will be:

• Domon
  • Rain
  • Kaine
  • Tap
  • Light
  • Maillot
  • Akira
  • Getter Team
  • Kouji
  • Tetsuya
  • Boss
  • Duke
  • Masato
  • Shinji
  • Asuka (queen of votes)
  • Kazuya
  • Rom
  • Ginga/Hokuto

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: Lt., I’ve brought the ambassador.
: Thank you, sergeant.
: …Madam Erika, please.
: Yes…
: It’s been a long time, ambassador. We apologize for calling you all the way here.
: It was no problem…
: And, with her, everyone is here, yes?
: I believe so.
: Then, Akiyama, please report the situation.
: Aye, aye. At 11:12 pm, Japan time, all communications with Earth were cut off.
: All of them…?
: Yes. This set all colonies and the lunar cities – meaning the entirety of the Earth Sphere, really – in a state of emergency.
: And… not long ago, we’ve received this video. It’s been confirmed to be of Earth.

: Wh-What?!
: Y-You can’t be serious…!
: It looks just like…!
: J-Jupiter…!
: And you’re saying this is real…?
: It’s like a colossal Tokyo Jupiter… a Terra Jupiter, rather.
: You’re correct… that’s an area of dimensional discontinuity.
: Just what is going on at Earth…?!
: Regarding what caused this, our current investigation has hundreds of theories but the one that’s looking more likely is that Operation Doolittle was executed with the Star of La Mu.
: But there was still some time before the operation was scheduled to start, no?
: Something might’ve gone wrong… or maybe someone else got their hands on the Star…
: This Star of La Mu has such power that it is capable of something like this…?
: It’s got enough that the Bähbem Foundation tried so very hard to have it… so it’s a possibility.
: …
: And we have no idea of what is going on inside?
: We don’t, no…
: …The appearance of the Mass-Produced EVAs… the attempted execution of the Human Instrumentality Project… the RahXephon’s awakening… and the sudden emergence of that gigantic winged being over Earth’s surface…
: Did all those overlapping events bring this about…?
: I wonder what’ll happen to our world now.
: … The Magnate Ten might know.

Mission 55 – The Promised Land

: Wh-What is this space…?!
: Where are we…?!
: This… isn’t Heaven, I don’t think…
: All hands, status report!
: Dimensional values are reversed and in the negatives!
: We’re getting quasi-Cherenkov radiation readings from all around us!
: We’ve lost visual with the surface – with all of Earth, even!
: Unable to establish communications with GEAR HQ, the Lydia Lytviak or any installation!
: The Raideen has been recovered – no issues with the pilot!
: The dimensional intersections are getting more and more disorderly!
: I don’t suppose we can get some intel on the situation on Earth or its sector?
: Communications, video feeds and all sensors aren’t completely blank!
: We’ve been trapped in some kind of isolated space…? Or maybe…
: The world around us itself was transformed…
: Cpt. Bright, we should try to get some information on our current situation…
: Right. Deploy all troops… have them scan the area around the Nahel Argama and Nadesico.

: Vice Commander Fuyutsuki, here’s the data we’ve collected thus far.
: A dimensional discontinuity… But this boundary… it’s a fault between dimensions?
: Wait, do you mean we’re inside that barrier that was being formed…?!
: But the inside of Tokyo Jupiter was nowhere near this messed-up!
: …Earth may now be en route to a different form of demise than Instrumentality or Tuning.
: Different from those…?!
: Hm. SEELE and Bähbem presumed that major obstacles could potentially get in the way of their respective scripts… Thus, they arranged safeguards to cause a superficial destruction of the world.
: That was why Bähbem restored the Devil Gundam with Ulube Ishikawa?
: Yes, whereas SEELE laid out the AI1 Program.
: Wha—?!
: AI1…Program?!
: You mean that same AI1…?!
: So it really was SEELE managing the Tsentr Project from the shadows…!
: Correct… the Project itself was no more than a front for the AI1 Program.
: …!
: The actual objective of that program was to develop a mobile weapon capable of removing anything that’d impede SEELE’s script: Angels, Dolems, the Devil Gundam and the like…
: Said mobile weapon would be equipped with an extremely powerful artificial intelligence, the Lasmunanium and its DG Cell-esque abilities, and a TE Engine. That is what Code MX – the Model X – would be.
: “MX”… Then, that item on the budget was…!
: Referring to the AI1 Program.
: In that case, our unit and the Medius were…
: The founding stones upon which the Model X would be built upon, of course.
: But the Medius Locus we saw is not the actual Model X. Moreover, Mitall Zapato was apparently going to act against the Committee’s command and exclude AI1 from the tenth TE Absorber.
: (And that is why Ms. Mitte…!)
: The Committee’s AI1 Program was one of the various processes involved in the Pluridimensional Instrumentality Project – a backup…
: Though I doubt anyone expected the Medius Locus to try carrying out its purpose by absorbing the Star of La Mu.
: You mean the Medius created this space, then?!

*Alarm!*

: We’ve a heat signal approaching from below!
: !!

: The Medius Locus…!
: What happened to the captain and Elde?! Are they inside it?!
: Ms. Mitte! Albero! Talk to us!

: No response…!
: Captain! What happened with you?!

: Kch…!
: You think those two are already…?
: No way! The captain wouldn’t die that easy!
: What’s going on in the Medius, Aqua?!
: I’m getting energy readings on a massively different level from what it’d displayed to this point.
: That’s because it absorbed the Star of La Mu?!
: Then that thing’s being powered by Mutron Energy now…!
: Right. The Lasmunanium was energized to an insane degree because of it.
: And that, in turn, helped it evolve so much more than before…!
: Hm… Its size and overall shape underwent major changes.
: But if Albero and Elde aren’t there, then who’s flying it?
: I presume AI1 is now the unit’s core…
: Meaning AI1 is piloting this new Medius?
: I-I don’t know. But we’re not getting any response from Ms. Mitte and Albero, so it might…!
: Be out of control…?!

: We’re getting even stronger energy readings from the Medius!

: A bunch of smaller units came out of it!
: They’re gonna attack us?!
: Maj. Katsuragi, order the troops to engage. They will be doing the same to us.
: Because we’re tagged as a threat to the script…?
: Yes – that machine bears all of SEELE and Elde Mitte’s malice.
: And having both lost its controller and taken in the tremendous energy of the Star of La Mu… I fear AI1, now berserk, will try to absorb everything into itself.
: Absorb... That’s the same drat thing as the Devil Gundam!
: No, it may actually be even worse. If the vice commander is right, the Medius will take not only us but all of Earth into itself…!
: But we can get Earth back to normal by wrecking that thing, right?!
: There’s no guarantee… but it is worth trying.
: “Trying”, huh…?
: …Let’s just go all the way, Captain. There won’t be a home for us to return to if we don’t win it back ourselves.
: Right on! We’ll put this thing down!
: We’ve worked too hard for things to end like this and I ain’t taking it!
: They’re right, Bright. We came back to Earth to stop that end from happening.
: This is the world Ayato chose… He and Quon left it to us and I don’t want to see it gone.
: I’ve some of the responsibility for stuff getting like this… Plus, my mom trusted me with the Star of La Mu, so there’s no way I’m letting the Medius take it!
: No… the responsibility is ours.
: Right… this only happened because we didn’t stop Ms. Mitte when we should have…!
: You’re wrong. Every one of us must take responsibility – the responsibility of defending Earth’s future.
: He’s right. And if I may add to the choir, no one here is willing to accept this kind of finale.
: Yes, there’s no guarantee that we’ll make it back alive… but we won’t just give up.
: We’re still alive, so we gotta go and do everything that’s within our power. Right, Misato?
: Absolutely…!
: Captain Bright…!
: Give the word, Bright!
: Alright…!

: Here are my orders as commanding officer of the Magnate Ten!
: Your target is the Medius Locus! All units, muster every ounce of your strength and bring it down!
: Roger!
: Here we go, folks! This is so we can have our world back!
: So we can make real a world where people of different planets can stand shoulder-to-shoulder!
: And so that world is brimming with peace and hope!
: Troops, attack!!

Take out the Medius, don’t lose either ship or the Garmraid. This mission isn’t AS hard as the last one but you still must proceed with a modicum of care.
The Medius spawned a bunch of new mooks to deal with us and they’ve got decent HP pools but it’s your only way to build morale. All the while, the main bot will be sniping you down – keeping a steady rotation of Confuse casts will save you a headache.
As before, don’t be afraid to open with some Spirit/Drive/Rouse casts to speed things up for you.

As for what we’re dealing with:

First and foremost, know what everything here is packing S ranks so expect better-than-usual hit %s against your guys. Now, the blue Sinestra drone is the tankier of the two models unleashed: they’ve got 40k HP and a surprisingly high amount of armor BUT, in exchange, their weapons don’t hit as hard and have no accuracy modifiers.
They’re mostly there to slow you down and force you to waste resources since you’ll NEED to deal with a bunch of them for morale (they’re the most numerous enemies).

On the other end of the spectrum, we’ve the red Dextra. These have piss for armor and less HP but come packing a whole lot of firepower and high accuracy modifiers (less range, though).
If possible, they should be the ones you focus on for quicker morale, though half of them are in the enemy’s back line – send your speedier guys there.

Medius Locus
Mech Features:
  • TE Sphere
  • Debuff Immunity
  • 10% HP Regen

Hulked-Out Medius is a beefy enemy but doesn’t hit as hard as some of the stuff we’ve dealt with. Consider it an MP EVA with 150% more HP and capable of attacking as far as twelve tiles away with its best weapon. It’s accurate enough, though held back by the fact that AI1 isn’t that capable a pilot: all of its stats are lower than said EVAs, Zero, the Gulfer Emperor and it doesn’t hit as hard as they do.
As with the Dextras, he’s here simply to stonewall you and make you waste resources, so try to conserve as much as you can. You know better than to expect a Pilot Skill-less boss to be the end of it, right?

Let’s get to work, setting that EWAC right up front.

It’ll start off slow but we’ll get there as soon as we can start hitting the Dextras.

Takes a good 40% of my entire team to get just this one Sinestra down. At least they don’t regen like the EVAs.

Off it goes.

One down, another couple dozen to go. Would it be a spoiler to say that I’m sending Masato up ahead to blast away a big chunk of HP off a bunch of them?

Enemy Phase!

AI1 can’t touch Light.

Eastern batch of Sinestras split their attention between Rom and Kazuya, with varying degrees of success.

Rom slaps them away, though Kazuya either can’t parry their rocket punches or he got bad rolls (didn’t take TOO much damage).

Ginga, meanwhile, abuses his infinite power to cut down the western group as they gang up on him.

Player Phase!

Maybe you didn’t feel the need to use too many Support Attacks along the game (or couldn’t, like in the last one) but this mission really wants you to bust as many as possible to maximize damage while conserving SP.

Ruri’s always good to lead an attack with how strong the Gravity Blast is, while Bright’s Commander skill adds a hefty punch if you can pair it with strong hitters like Hugo.

After the captains are done, it’s an easy kill for Shinji.

While Ginga further blasts his group, we’re still working to the east.

Might as well send some guys over.

This is all to keep us busy while Masato gets in position. Once he blasts everything, we’ll really tear them up.
Tetsuya finishes the job with some help from Rain, Boss and Rom.

Enemy Phase!

Here comes AI1, going after Shinji.

: My mom and dad both loved our world…
: And I… I’ll also fight to keep it safe!!

Surprisingly, he dodges a 75% hit.

Rom dances with the western Sinestras this turn.

Masato is doing the usual.

I actually have him stop blasting enemies after the second, lest his MAPW wreck half our available Dextras – we gotta share those!

Player Phase!

Rather than having to hold my folks back for another, I just pop Zeal with Masato.

: This world means so much to me! I’m finding my way back to it and that means I have to beat you!

Four Dextras get killed and everything else loses a bunch of HP.

And now we go to town: one for Domon, one for Boss, one for Light and one for Maillot…

One for Asuka too.

Now this is so much simpler. FYI, I saw fit to max her (and Shinji) out in accordance to that vote we had before.

And I reckon you’ve gotten the gist of it. I didn’t care to go after all the mooks simply because the more distant Dextras didn’t get blasted by Masato and held back until the last possible moment. At that point, I had more than enough morale.

With that, fast forward another turn and we move to engage the Medius.

Here are its two cool attacks, too:

: Concentrate all fire dead ahead. We’ll be bringing down this being and returning to Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mYtvD72vQc

: Bring it on, beastie! We’ve come too far to get dropped right at the finish line!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhIxOPEzKCU

: All gun batteries forward! Have all our units provide covering fire to the Nahel Argama! We stop the Medius here and now!

: I’m not letting a rampaging rust-bucket have its way with our world!

: My master… and Schwarz… So many warriors loved our Earth! And I will take it back!

: Wolf Blade, I beseech you…! Strike down this monstrosity and guide us to that blue planet once more!

: His Excellency, Marshal Guiltorre, loved Earth… and I’ll rip it out of your clutches!!

: You purple piece of crap, put our planet back in its place!

: I’m getting back...! I’ll be tearing you to pieces and, then, getting back to Erika!

: We can’t lose this one…! No machine’s gonna gets its hands on Musashi’s beloved Earth!

: Get over here, monster!
: Earth’s our home and we’re gonna make you give it back!!

: We’ve always found our way back to that beautiful green land and we’ll do so again after you’re beaten!!

: My mom risked her life to protect the Star of La Mu! You’ll pay for using it for evil!
: Neither me nor the Raideen are going to let you continue to exist!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdDaQ7ZXcCw

Here are the convos we didn’t get:

: Not just we but so many people put their lives on the line to protect Earth! How could we ever let the Medius take it?!

--

: (This mech… it’s no ordinary piece of weaponry, just as I suspected…)
: (I can sense the evil of so many people… is that what impels it…?!)

--

: You’re not getting away with this…! I’m not letting a crazed weapon take hold of our future!!

--

: Let’s do this, freak! I’m turning you into scrap and getting back to Leina by dinnertime!!

--

: In your final moments, AI1, you’ll have learned two things…
: The meaning of the words “tenacity”… and “defeat”.

--

: Let's do this, girls! Time to settle this once and for all!
: Roger! We'll clean that AI's clock!
: When you clean an AI's clock... Maybe it overclocks them... Heheheh...

: The target has stopped moving!
: Did we get him?!
: N-No! The energy readings are still off the charts!!

: Wh-What the hell?!
: It used the Lasmunanium to regenerate?!
: But its appearance is…!
: It’s not a humanoid bot or the monster it was just now…!
: Th-That’s…!
: What, did you figure something out?!
: That’s the Medius’ core section, where AI1 was stored…!!
: What?!
: And the core itself is growing bigger and bigger…!
: Then that whole thing’s AI1?!
: Yes…! But it’s still an artificial intelligence… how can it do something like this by itself?!
: E-Energy readings are spiking – they’re growing nonstop!
: This isn’t Mutron Energy… It’s Terminus Energy?!
: Space-time anomaly detected! Time is being dilated at an estimated one-to-twelve ratio to the outside!!
: Twice that of Tokyo Jupiter…!
: Dimensional values are dipping further into the negatives! Unable to quantify!
: At this rate, this dimensional fault itself will break apart!
: What’ll happen when it does?!
: Worst case scenario, it could unleash an Anti-A.T. Field, making it impossible for isolated life-forms to sustain themselves!
: Meaning every person would revert back to LCL, the primordial soup.
: It’d be no different from Instrumentality. To think SEELE’s old men’s wish would be realized like this …!
: They may define that as Instrumentality but…!
: Hm. It'd be incapable of restoring the world or humanity… this is nothing more than a means with which to unify all through death. Even should Instrumentality succeed, there will be nothing beyond it.
: So those weirdo eggheads just wanna end the world, screw everything else?!
: The Lasmunanium’s liquefying! Target’s energy readings are increasing further!
: It’s still evolving?!
: Is this rampage a side-effect of its pooled data being loaded at once…? Or was it programmed to do this from the very beginning?!
: Hmhmhmhm…Heheheh…Ahahahahahah… AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
: That voice…! It’s!
: AAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, it’s me!!
: M-Ms. Mitte…!
: She’s still alive?!
: I am! My sweet AI1 brought me back to life as part of its control systems!
: Wh-What?!
: This is wonderful… superb! This is AI1’s end result! The apex of his evolution! His true form!
: It’s magnificent! Truly magnificent! AHAHAHAHAHA!!
: Ms. Mitte…!
: But you don’t want to stop, do you, AI1? How far will you go? What will you show me?
: Ms. Mitte, please stop this!!
: Oh, if it isn’t Aqua…? You still live, I see.
: What you’re doing’ll mean the end of the world! What do you expect to gain from this?!
: Ahahahahaha! An appropriately Aqua-esque interjection!
: Didn’t I tell you before? All I care about is seeing the final outcome – whatever outcome AI1’ll produce!
: But!
: This is how I’ve been from day one! It’s not my fault you had me all wrong! HAHAHAHAHA!!
: Th-This broad is…!
: Doing this only for her self-satisfaction…?!
: Ms. Mitte…!
: And I’ve had more than enough of your worthless notions of right and wrong! I’ll show you a world that has no need for such nonsense!!
: Ms. Mitte… you’re being controlled by AI1! But it’s not too late – let go of it!!
: Trying to talk me down won’t get you anywhere! I’ve already made up my mind to reduce every single one of you to dust!
: There will be no gods, humans or their weapons! My sweet AI1 will pass judgment upon all!!
: Urgh, she’s not even listening to us!
: Though I guess that’s a bit better than those guys who go on and on about their new world order, revolution, rebirth or whatever…
: Elde Mitte… You’re…!
: Aqua…!
: …I know. And I’ll do as I must: I’ll put a stop to her.
: Can you actually do that? You never amounted to anything more than being a student of mine.
: I can, Elde!
: !
: It’s true that I learned so much from you…
: But I’ve learned so much more after meeting Hugo and the Magnate Ten!
: Aqua…
: Hmhmhm… But if you think that’ll enable you to stop me or AI1, you better think again!
: Elde Mitte… I’ve a question for you: what happened to the Captain – to Albero Est?
: Hmm… What did happen to him, I wonder? Maybe AI1 revived him like me and propped him as a biological component somewhere?
: Or maybe he’s already dead…
: Either way, it doesn’t matter to me! He was always meant as just a control module for the Medius Locus…! But AI1’ll function if he has me even without a component like him! The man had outlived his usefulness!
: You bitch!!
: Aw, did I hurt your feelings? Still, I think I now agree a bit with what he said.
: Humans are a necessary component to push a machine beyond the limits of its specs…! AI1 learned that from him and that’s why he brought me back!
: Although it looks like the man himself couldn’t make good on his will to survive!
: “Find out how to live through the unlivable”? “Defeat your enemy and come back alive”? “Revenge”? “Make peace with the past”? Such hilarious things he rambled about! AHAHAHAHA!
: AI1 rejected him precisely because he was bogged down by worthless sentimentality! AHAHAHA! HAAHAAHAHA! Worthless! Worthless! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
: Yeah, it may be worthless… to you, at least.
: ?!
: But if this theory of yours holds water, then why are we still here? How did we manage to beat the Medius Locus?

:siren: :black101: :siren: :black101:

: You and your AI1 simply don’t get those “worthless” notions…!
: It’s that will to survive – the resolve to pull through with your own power – that wins battles!
: Someone so obsessed with seeing the end result that she’d even sell out her own life has no chance in hell of taking us out! You haven’t what it takes to end a world where so many people are trying to go on living!
: We’ll have to put that to the test, then! Say your goodbyes to all around you!
: Hmph, that’s our line.
: Yeah. If you’re the source of this whole phenomenon…
: Then the solution is simple!
: Elde Mitte and AI1! Our fists will tear you apart!
: Good, good! You’ll all watch as AI1 reaches his zenith!
: No one here has any interest in watching as things end in destruction!
: And it might be arrogant of us to try and decide the fate of the entire world by ourselves… but the correctness of our actions is something that can only be decided if said world endures.
: HAHAHAHAHA! And what guarantee do you have the world’ll go back to normal even if you manage to beat us?!
: But there is no guarantee that things will play out your way, either.
: That’s right – because we’re all still here!
: The problem is that it was your egomania educating AI1… Still, we can give you AN outcome to see.
: We already know what that’s gonna be, though.
: That’s right… The outcome we want made real is for every person who loves peace to have their future!
: Then I’ll just unify all that you are – down to that iron determination – and join you with AI1 himself… Everything’ll be “All In 1”!!
: Ahaa, so that’s what the name means.
: No one here’s gonna be becoming “1” with you, freak!
: Yup. That’s a bit too graphic for public consumption.
: Even if it wasn’t, we’d still pass on it.
: Then it seems everyone’s mind is set! Grant us your final command, Mr. Bright!
: …Not even I know what awaits us at the end of this battle… But there has to be a reason for why we’re all standing here right now.
: That’s an answer I want to find, so I’d like everyone to lend their strength to make it so.
: You don’t even need to ask, Bright.
: We do this to be reunited with our loved ones, too…
: To take back memories once lost…
: And for all the folks waiting for us to get home…!
: Today…
: Today, our hands will finally seize our victory and our future!!
: Final target: AI1! All units, open fire!!
: Let’s do this thing, people! Time for one last showdown!!
: Hell, yeah! We’ll show that crazy bint that the world ain’t ending while we’re keeping watch!!
: AHAHAHAHA! AI1 is everything to me – nothing else matters!
: Go, AI1! Evolve! To the apex! The zenith! To the level of God and beyond!!
: We won’t let someone like you have control over this world’s future!
: Elde! I’ll carve out our and the Captain’s way of life – our will to live – into AI1’s body!!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 10, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

AI1 (Elde Mitte)
Pilot Skills:
  • Double Movement
  • Prevail L7
  • Counter L7
  • Support Attack L2
Mech Features:
  • TE Sphere
  • Debuff Immunity
  • 10% HP Regen

Now those are some proper Final Boss stats. AI1 is bulky as hell sporting 400k HP, that barrier, the most armor of any boss in the game and an LL size that we can’t bypass since the game hasn’t that skill. She’ll even dodge well once Prevail gets going.
On the offensive side of things, we’re staring down at S ranks EVERYWHERE (terrain and weapons) for even bigger firepower than the Gulfer Emperor, a crapton of range and, of course, absurd accuracy. Confuse is pretty much a must here because your Reals 100% need to dodge or they’ll be oneshotted.

Taking Elde out in one round on a fresh game can be difficult with how hardy AI1 is but since her regen is only 10%, that’s not too bad. Get her down to about 30-40% and then finish her off. To be extra safe, have your Reals hug Light and/or be covered by bulky support defenses.
I seriously hope you have a healthy stock of SP left or you might find yourself in deep trouble – trying to grind AI1 down without tons of Valor and Souls will be very difficult.

While waiting a turn for everyone to get back, Elde decides to gun straight for Bright.
Figuring it wouldn’t be too bad, I took off Ruri’s support defense.

: If we don’t stop AI1 right now, that’ll be the end of our world! I expect nothing but your best, ladies and gentlemen!
: AHAHAHAHA! You’re a funny one! Whether you stand hopeful or despairing, it makes absolutely no difference before my AI1!
: No one here is intimidated by your hot air! Ready all guns! FIRE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfWowTx6Wlo
OW and the Argama is well upgraded!

And before we start, here’s AI1’s second strongest attack – I didn’t have anyone far enough away to get her to use the weakest one:

: Ohoho, the electronic fairy! AI1’s telling me that he wants you!
: C-Captain…!
: Come on, now, and join with us! I’m sure you’ll find AI1’s interior to be quite nice!
: On the contrary, I’m quite sure I’d hate to be inside such a nasty thing.
: Y-You brat!!
: Ya gotta learn to back off nice and easy after getting shot down, mama bear.
: Yeah! Saburouta and I will keep both Earth and the Captain safe!
: Attaboy, Harry! Now that was slick!
: Thank you, Harry. Now please open fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3GOmkN5MQs

And now we can go!

:siren: :siren: :siren:

: What point is there to what you’re trying to do, Elde Mitte?! Answer me!
: “Point”?! That’s whatever AI1 decides – what he alone decides!
: Hold up, there! Are you seriously just gonna be a pawn to a piece of machine!?
: Don’t you think there’s something really wrong with taking orders from something you built?!
: My happiness is AI1’s happiness! His wishes are my wishes! We are now one and the same!
: Hrm… this is useless…! It’s looking like her mind has already been fully merged with AI1!
: Or maybe the thing messed with her head when it revived her!
: But none of that matters anymore!
: Indeed! We have but a single task to do!
: Domon!
: I know! This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to defeat evil!
: Come, AI1! I won’t allow humanity’s beloved planet to be devoured by some machine and its insane servant!

: Dorchenov was crazy as hell but you’ve really one-upped him there!
: Your words mean nothing to me! All I care is witnessing what world my AI1’ll create!!
: See, that’s the kind of thing you should keep in your dreams.
: Seriously. Trying to drag everyone else into that bunk is going waaaaay too far.
: I see that you just cannot grasp the majesty of AI1!
: In that case, you’ve got a bunch of stuff you don’t get either.
: Yup. Like why we didn’t leave the Dragonars way back when.
: And what does that matter?!
: D’ya got any idea what the point of the Dragonars is?
: “Point”?!
: Yeah – we’re a cavalry! The cavalry that defends the castle called Earth!!

: AHAHAHAHA! The dregs of the Giganos dare challenge AI1?! What a joke!
: Though the Giganos lies in ruins, its spirit is always with me!
: And with me, Captain!
: And me!
: And we’re all walking, together, towards a brighter future for the Giganos!
: You people ramble about belief, spirit and heart so much! It’s because they are controlled by vile emotions that humans can’t aspire for more!!
: It is you who is vile, Elde Mitte! Your self-serving desires have pushed AI1 to this rampage!
: The blade I bear in my hand, I wield in Earth’s stead! Begone from this world, AI1!!

: You fiend…! It is far too dangerous to leave such power with someone who cannot comprehend the human heart!
: “Heart”?! My AI1 was able to evolve to this point precisely because it lacks such a thing!!
: Quiet! Can’t you see that that’s the reason why it’s now gone berserk?!
: Berserk?! Oh, but that’s there you’re wrong! AI1 is perfect! It’s got no errors, or bugs, or flaws or deficiencies anywhere!!
: This ain’t working! She’s not even listening right!
: Hmph… Then there is only one thing to do at this point!
: Indeed! And I also stand ready!
: AI1 and Elde Mitte! This world has no place for the likes of you!
: Whatever do you mean? What goes in this world is what AI1 decides!!
: Then, come! By the name of what is righteous and true, and so the light of hope can once again shine upon that blue planet…!
: My Tenkuu Chuushin Ken will rend your darkness asunder!!

: Torres, report!
: The target’s self-regeneration is huge! It’s gonna take a good while to bring it down!
: This isn’t good…! If we take too long, this dimensional fault will collapse.
: But there’s absolutely nothing we can do to stabilize this place…!
: You should just accept your fate! There’s only one way this is ending!

: I-I hear…!
: What is it, Akira?!
: I’m hearing a song…!
: I-It’s…!
: Ayato…?!

: The RahXephon?!
: Ayato…!
: (Haruka…)
: (Haruka… everyone…)
: (I’m harmonizing the sound reverberating through this space… So go and destroy what’s muddying your own tunes…)
: (Let the world you’ll live in resound with your music…)
: I-I heard that too…
: Yeah. It was definitely Ayato’s voice…
: So he’s…!
: Stabilizing this space…?
: This can’t be…! That thing was supposed to have disappeared!!
: Your songs will not reach them.
: It is impossible for you to disrupt their music.
: Die! Disappear! Mine and AI1’s world has no need for mechanical gods!
: Yes – it has no need for gods or Man! Only AI1!
: Ayato… you’re going to help us…?!
: (I am, Puru.)
: (But, my friends, you must hurry… so that you can go on living as yourselves…)
: Alright, Ayato… We’ve heard you loud and clear…!

And we now get a legit god as a controllable reinforcement! :toot:
Losing Ayato’s a game over but that’s all but impossible since he STILL has 100k HP.

: Come here, why don’t you? Your Dimensional Coupling System will be a perfect fit for AI1!
: Wrong…! There’s only one thing I’ll be using the Zeorymer’s power for: to end yours and AI1’s rampage!
: This isn’t a rampage – it’s evolution, one you’ll help fuel! I’ll be adding the Dimensional Coupling System as another part of AI1!
: Miku’s no “part”… she’s my anchor and a woman I couldn’t live without!
: Oh, Masato…!
: “Woman”?! You say she’s a person?! She’s just a puppet! AHAHAHAHA!!
: So am I… I’m another puppet created because of the Zeorymer! But we’ll still go on living as people of this world, together with all our friends…!
: That’s why I’ll use the Zeorymer’s power: to send you straight to the Underworld and make that a reality!!

: To me, Data Weapons! AI1 is the only one suited to be your owner!
: The hell are you up to?!
: I’m sure a new power’ll be created if AI1 and the sacred electronic beasts are united! And, with it, his evolution will carry on to greater heights!
: How can you still care so much for that that machine?! It might destroy all life!
: “Machine”? “Life”?! Those classifications are meaningless to my AI1! He is the one and only all-encompassing being in the universe!!
: Baah, I don’t understand anything she’s saying!
: But there’s one thing that’s perfectly clear, right, Ginga?
: Yeah! That things’ll be real bad if we don’t pull the plug on this gumball right now!
: You ready, then?!
: Yup!
: Then come on, AI1! We will take you down for Earth and everyone we love!!

: I owe you my most sincere thanks! It was only with the Star of La Mu that AI1 could carry out its ultimate evolution!
: Get real! The Star of La Mu isn’t meant to be used for stuff like that!
: The Mu and my mom entrusted their wishes to the Raideen and it’s that what’ll destroy you!!

: Urk…! This thing’s as tough as advertised!
: The Lasmunanium’s self-regeneration is showing no signs of lessening…!
: Unless we can destroy it completely, AI1 will never stop reviving!
: Aye, aye! Then we have to set our sights on the thing’s core! Make sure everything’s running in the blue, alright?
: Roger that!
: (…Hugo…)
: What is it, Hugo?!
: (…Hugo…)
: Captain?! Is that you?!
: If you’re alive, then talk to us! We’ll save you!!
: (… Defeat it… so that you can all survive…)
: (…Don’t hesitate… Defeat your…enemy… Destroy AI1…)
: Captain, wait! Captain!!
: What’s going on with you, Hugo?!
: I… I heard the Captain’s voice…!
: Huh?!
: (Captain, I… I understand…!)
: Hugo…?
: (That was… your last command to me, wasn’t it…?)

: Evangelion! Your soul’ll know eternal tranquility once it’s united with AI1!
: Wh-What are you…?!
: You, too, boy! You’ll finally be able to rest after you, the EVA and AI1 are merged together!
: No… I… I…!
: Wake up, Shinji! Don’t let her crap get to you!!
: Ohohoho! What a sad little girl you are! Just give me a second to break that tough crust around you and then we’ll all be together – united!
: Geh zur Hölle! Why should I have to put up with being united with you and Shinji?!
: I… I’m going go on living as myself…! And I know it’ll be difficult, and sometimes painful… but I won’t run from it! I learned that through all these battles!
: So I don’t want or need anything like Instrumentality!!

: That’s enough of your idiocy! Turn AI1 off and put Earth back the way it was!
: “Idiocy”?! AHAHAHAHA! I can see that AI1’s greatness really is beyond philistines like you!
: I fail to see greatness anywhere on a piece of tech that’s so far gone it’s trying to destroy the world!
: Yep! And no machine’s going to destroy the world and the people we fought so hard to keep safe!
: The “love” and “wish to protect” spiel you people go on and on about are nothing more than delusions! But my AI1 will bring absolute TRUTH to this world! Emotions are samples to him, pure and simple!!
: Shut your mouth! It’s your fault that AI evolved to become so twisted!
: And if you can’t comprehend the human heart – or what it means to love – then you’ll find my fists ready to break you both, Elde Mitte and AI1!

: You really built AI1 as something to surpass humans?
: I did! And my sweet baby grew stronger and more beautiful than my wildest dreams!
: Then it falls on me to show that your research was wrong from the get-go! By tearing through this overgrown pumpkin with my very human hands!!

: AHAHAHA! Give it up already! AI1 rules this world – the odds of your victory are nonexistent! This is why I say humans are fools!
: Quiet, you! What kind of man would I be if I got beaten by some big, evil dumpling?!
: You’re gonna learn just how strong these humans you rail at actually are!

: How can you do something like this?! Do you not care if Earth is destroyed?!
: AHAHAHAHA! That hunk of stone is worthless face my AI1!
: He’ll continue to evolve endlessly and as he inches closer and closer to infinity, the universe itself’ll be assimilated!!
: Oh, no, it won’t! You might be fine with that but we are absolutely not!
: AI1! It’s impossible for something that can only sate his greed at the expense of others’ happiness to be called a higher being!
: You are a monster and now I’ll end you! I do this to protect that beautiful planet and all its kind peoples!

: I’ll be taking your Getter Rays into AI1 as well!
: Shut up! Science is supposed to be for the betterment of mankind, you know!
: And you’re doing the exact opposite by trying to absorb everything into the machine you built!
: Aw, I suppose you just can’t understand the joy I’m feeling right now! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
: drat right, we can’t! How could we wrap our heads around someone try to feed Earth to her pet machine?!
: Get over here, AI1! If it was science that gave birth to you, then our Getter Robo – the embodiment of it – will bring you down! We’re not leaving a single shred of your evil hanging around!!

And before we end things off, here are the other convos we couldn’t get:

: Come to me, Newtype! You’ll soon learn that my AI1 is the only being that’s superior to man!
: Shut up! Newtypes aren’t superior beings at all – we’re all still men and women!
: And, on that subject, someone who’s drowning in their greed like you isn’t one either! You are a broken, crazed-out piece of machinery and the scrap-heap is where we’re taking you!

--

: You waste your time, Red Comet! AI1’s got data on you going back all the way to the One Year War! You’re not winning this!
: I’ve faith in the power of people, not data; the human potential that I believed in to the point of burning bridges...
: And I am not willing to let an out-of-control machine and its terminal deny that potential!

--

: Why the hell are you trying to pull something like this?! You really want the world to end?!
: I already told you: what I want is for AI1 to reach perfection! Whatever happens to the world is not my problem!
: Wh-What kind of reasoning is that…! This goes way past being just selfish and straight into egomania territory!
: I-I’m not having it…! The world can’t be destroyed for something so crazy!
: If that’s your whole point, then, yeah, we really can’t let your toy hang around!
: Let’s do this! This world’s jampacked with the hopes and dreams of so many people and we’re making sure it stays in one piece!!

--

: Give it up, Amuro Ray! A mere man – even a mighty soldier like you – can’t stop my AI1!
: Underestimate the potential of humans at your peril…! And if you’re set on uprooting the future of all of humanity just to get what you want…
: Then I, as just another human, will fight to shut down your plans!

--

: You were born on Earth, so how can you not see the beauty of that planet?!
: Beauty?! I can find plenty more of that across the entire universe!!
: You’re no different from the Gulfer… A machine that’s lost sight of its purpose and went berserk…!
: “No different”?! Spare me your nonsense! AI1 is a one-of-a-kind, everlasting being!
: There’s nothing like him throughout this entire universe – a crown jewel in a galactic scale and my own creation!
: That hideous mass of concentrated greed is no jewel at all!
: She’s right! The real jewels of this universe are the love, courage and hope that humans have!
: And you and AI1 would try to despoil those… So now I strike you down!

--

: And here’s the black-clad prince! You, too, will kneel before AI1!
: No… I am here for only one thing: to destroy you…!
: She lives in this world… and I won’t let anyone have their way with it…!

--

: AHAHAHAHA! I guess you still don’t understand that it’s useless to try and challenge AI1!
: Bite me! No one here’s enough of a wimp to give up just ‘cause you say so!
: Yup, yup! I’d never make it as a manga artist if I called it quits every time a deadline rolled over!
: This is serious, dumbass, so you better get serious back!!
: Then it falls on me to educate you on how your precious “human will” holds as much weight as a piece of paper before AI1!
: Enough…! It’s that piece of paper that’s going to run you into the ground…!

:stare: No puns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kSb2OJDyR0
Captions are available.

: Ahahaha! Oh, but this is hardly over yet!!
: We still have the Lasmunanium and, with it, AI1 and I can regenerate as many times as needed! Again and again! Forever!!
: Go on, AI1! Revive and then unify everything into you!!

*Beeeeep.*

: A-A negative response?! Why?! Why are you rejecting my instructions, AI1?!
: …He’s learned…
: A-Albero! How are you here?!
: AI1’s ended up learning something from all this…
: Wh-What was it?!
: …The strength of humans… and the fate of the defeated.
: That’s… absurd! AI1 – my child – would never!!
: This cannot be happening! It’s inconceivable! IMPOSSIBLE!!
: Elde…!
: C-Captain…!
: I’ve no regrets, Hugo…
: My past… my responsibility over killing Foglia and my men…
: I will now pay the price for it all… and be at peace…
: Captain!!
: Survive, Hugo…
: And come back alive above all else… That’s… the one ironclad rule of the Cry Wolves…

: …!! Captain…!
: CAPTAAAAAAIN!!
: Elde… you…
: (Aqua…)
: …Harry?
: Y-Yes… I’ve confirmation that the target’s completely gone. There’s nothing left…
: Then…
: It’s over…?
: Hm…
: But what about this world around us… what’s going to happen to it?

: …Haruka…
: Ayato… What… What will you do now? Where will you go?
: I’ll be staying right here… And I’ll exist everywhere, past, present and future…
: I’ll live in between time and become its new Observer…
: And… what’ll happen then…?
: Once I’m watching over time… the discordant melodies ringing throughout the world will stop… So your world will be fine.
: You… you won’t be coming back, will you…?
: I can’t… If I leave here, all worlds will be flooded with noise…
: Th-Then, I… I’ll stay with you…!
: I’m sorry… but I want you to go on living… That’s why I made the choices I did…
: A-Ayato…!!
: Goodbye, Haruka… and my friends…
: Goodbye… our chosen Promised Land…
: And goodbye, humanity. My… our worthy successors…

:siren: I can’t find the name of the BGM that plays here, so have this instead.:siren:

: H-Hey, Light.
: Wh-What?
: Take a look down there… That’s Earth, right?
: Y-Yeah… that sure looks like Earth.
: We… we’re back?
: I don’t know… Would our Earth be alright after all that happened…?
: Do you think… Ayato helped with that…?
: We’re really back home…?
: Linda, confirm our location.
: Y-Yes, sir… Currently in geosynchronous orbit, point M0605.
: Can we establish communications with anyone, Harry?
: Sorry… that shockwave just now disabled many of our systems. I’ll take a while to—

*Beep!*

: Captain, there’s something headed this way!
: Can we ID it?
: Hold on… I-It’s!!

: The Nadesico B?!
: Wh-What’s it doing here...?!
: Heeeey, everyone! You guys alright?
: Yu-Yurika! That really you?!
: I am! Yurika Misumaru, newly assigned captain of the Nadesico B!
: Cpt. Misumaru…!
: It’s been a very long time, Cpt. Bright. I’ve come here to escort everyone.
: Escort…?
: Yep!
: Yurika…
: Ruri… everyone… thank you so much for all you did. Everything’s alright now.
: Which means…!
: We’re really…!
: Back home…!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 10, 2017

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

: “And so this era’s play reaches its touching finale, the world filled with joyful melodies…”
: …Nah, that’s way too vague.

*Door opens.*

: …Hey, Futagami.
: Oh, hey, hey. Good to see you again. Did you get all your paperwork settled?
: After having to rewrite the stuff from scratch. Brass said there were too many bits left unclear.
: No point complaining about it, though – we have to write down everything that happened.
: For the sake of the future generations, yeah…
: That aside… I’m glad you managed to stay alive. When I heard that the Committee’s place got blown to smithereens, I figured…
: Well… As it turns out, my cue got delayed at the last second.
: Oh?
: And that’s saying nothing of the fact that my role ended up stolen.
: So there was no need for you to play the hound… Was it him who took your role?
: …Yeah.
: I see… In the end, he brought down the curtains himself, hm?
: And what about now? What’re you going to do?
: Well, I’ve lost two of my workplaces now… Still thinking about whether I’ll go back to the one that’s left.
: But I reckon it’s pretty obvious where you’ll be going next. Am I right?
: Yeah… and my plan is to tell her what I couldn’t eight years ago.

: Welcome home, Camille.
: Thanks…
: I… I never stopped believing that you’d come back to me.
: Sorry for making you worry like that.
: No, it’s fine. You’re safe and that’s all that matters…
: And I’ve good news: all the bureaucracy was taken care of. We can leave for the moon whenever, Fa.
: The Moon…?
: Yeah. Lt. Quattro talked with the AEUG and Nergal and managed to get us a home on the moon. So…
: I’d like you to come live with me, Fa… Just the two of us, away from any more fighting…
: Camille…!
: Or you don’t want to…?
: No, of course I do. I’m so happy, Camille, I really am…
: But is it alright for you to do this? Don’t you have things to do as part of the Magnate Ten…?
: No, our squad was officially dissolved after our last mission.
: Ah…?
: Many of our units will be either dismantled or sealed way, so everyone decided to go their separate ways.
: That’s why I want us to go to the moon… and walk our own way, together…

: …Never easy to say goodbye, huh?
: Yeah. Those girls got us through a whole lot.
: What’s gonna happen to the Dragonars now?
: They’ll be dismantled, as was originally planned.
: I thought so…
: Those Metal Armors carry a lot of baggage and now the Dragoons are readily available... The Dragonars have more than fulfilled their purpose as prototypes.
: I get that but… couldn’t we put them in a museum like the Mazinger or something?
: I understand how you feel but the decision has already been made. There’ll be no overturning it… And this is just the fate of weapons whose roles are over.
: B-But…
: H-Hey, Kaine…
: You’re not thinking of…?

*Door opens.*

: Your papers have been filed, everyone. You’re all free to go.
: And there are no holdups regarding all the top secret stuff or whatever?
: Cpt. Bright’s personally talked with the brass and I’ve doctored a few documents here and there, so you’ll be fine.
: Yow. That's why you’re resident spy, I guess…
: … Won’t you three reconsider this again? The Dragonars might be going away but I’m sure you’d make excellent Metal Armor pilots.
: We appreciate you asking but…
: We’ve already made up our minds here.

*Door opens.*

: Everything’s good to go, Tap.
: We’re just waiting for you three now.
: Oh and Sarge… could you help us out with the luggage?
: C-Certainly but… How are there so many?
: Us girls have a lot of things, you know – clothes, cosmetics and the like.
: You’re really going, then?
: Yeah. Tap’s starting his own business with the reward he got, so we figured we’d get in on that action with him.
: It’s going to be a bit lonely around here without you folks around…
: Hey, now! It ain’t like you to say that, Sarge!
: And my father will be working here, so we’ll see each other again…
: What about you, Wakaba?
: Kaine… Are you really staying…?
: …No, I’m coming with everyone. It’s what we decided, right?
: Alright… In that case, I wish you all the best.
: You too, Lt.
: Do stop by every now and then. I’ll be looking forward to it.
: You better have earned yourself a promotion or two by the time we swing by, Sarge.
: And Kaine… do take care of Linda for me.
: Roger that, pops… Or maybe “dad” would be better?
: Huh? Kaine, what…!
: Hey, you hold your horses! It’s too soon to be thinking about that!
: Whoa, what’re you mad for?
: Well, everyone… Take care out there.
: We will…
: D-3… Maggie… I owe you a ton.
: D-2… Sonia… Thanks for everything.
: D-1… Clara… We’ll never forget about any of you.
: The three Dragonars who went through Hell along with us… our Dragon Cavalry.

: The Federal Government relayed their decision just yesterday. Last Guardian will be disbanded… and the two of you, plus the Zeorymer, will be placed under the federal army’s supervision.
: I see…
: That said, I’m electing to leave it up to you to decide what’ll happen with the Zeorymer.
: Huh…?!
: We still have some time left. If you want it to dismantled, it can be done.
: But if you do that, you’ll…
: You don’t need to worry about me – this choice is all up to you two.
: …Then, please dismantle it.
: Are you certain?
: I am. I don’t need the Zeorymer anymore.
: And you understand what that’ll mean, right?
: That my past will be completely erased, yeah?
: Yes. Can you handle that, Masato?
: I can. I’ve the bonds I’ve forged with everyone in the Magnate Ten – and, especially, with Miku – to help me.
: Masato…
: What about you, Miku? Are you fine with this?
: Yes. I’ll be leaving together with him.
: Very well… then I don’t think we’ll see each other again. Be well, Masato… Miku.
: You, too, Mr. Oki…

: Good day to you, vice-commander Fuyutsuki.
: Good day. I can see that construction of the command center is going nicely.
: Yes, it is
: Is something the matter, Maj. Katsuragi?
: No… I'm just surprised that the place looks so much like TERRA’s old one…
: O-Oh, I apologize for that. It’s just that so many of our staff wanted it made mirroring it, so…
: Understandable, considering only a handful are former members of NERV. We’ll simply have to adapt.
: Moreover, Cpt. Yakumo is TERRA’s commander, so please do as he says, Maj. Katsuragi.
: Of course.
: For that matter, commander… What’ll be done with the Evangelions?
: The Units #01, #02 and #03 will have their functions sealed away quite thoroughly. After that’s done, they’ll be stored at the facility we’re building at the lowest section of the Geofront ruins.
: So TERRA’s new HQ will be built right on top, with the EVAs’ sealing facility becoming our new Central Dogma?
: Correct.
: So our new TERRA will be both an Anti-DUMA research organization and the keepers of the Evangelion’s seals. (UMA is Unidentified Mysterious Animal, so I guess the D would be for Dangerous? That’s usually how it goes.)
: Hm, that’s right.
: Still, those units won’t be usable by anyone. They’ll remain no longer as “All-Purpose Humanoid Decisive Weapons” or tools to bring about Instrumentality… but as eternal monuments to Man’s existence.

: Hold it right there, Suzuhara! Where do you think you’re going when there’s still so much cleaning to do?
: Gimme a break, chairwoman! The Titans and the Giants got their big game today! Let me off early today, why don’t ya?!
: And I… I really wanted to stop by Yokosuka to take some pictures of the Lydia Litvyak, too, so…
: No! You can go after everything’s spotless!
: Wh-What a slavedriver…
: Wow, they haven’t changed one bit. I’d never take them for a couple if I didn’t know.
: Well, it’s said that the closest people are, the more they argue.
: Aah… And here I am, unable to find a nice boyfriend.
: A n-nice… What happened to Kaji?
: He IS nice but I’ve already given up on him. Better to go find a new love than to keep chasing after an impossible one.
: L-Love…?
: And just so we’re clear, I am not talking about you! Don’t go getting any funny ideas, mister!
: “Funny ideas”…? Projecting much?
: What-did-you-saaaaaay?! Where does an idiot like you get off giving me sass like that, huh?!
: What the hell is that supposed to mean?!
: I meant exactly what I said!!
: Hoo, boy, look at those two… They’re really gettin’ along now, huh?
: Hmhmm. They might make a surprisingly good couple.
: D-D-Don’t be stupid! Who would ever wanna be with him?!
: Oh, I’m so jealous right now.
: Hey! This is none of your business, so keep your stupid opinions to yourself!
: Ya do get that denying it so loud ain’t helpin’ your case, yeah?
: Y-You got it all wrong!!
: I don’t think Shinji’s got too much of a problem with that idea either…
: (Being back here, going to school with everyone again… I didn’t think it’d be possible… If only dad and Ayanami were also around…)
: Something wrong, Shinji?
: I thought I saw…
: What, someone there?
: (I’m sure it was Ayanami and Kaworu…)
: There’s no one there, Shinji. See?
: (I understand… You’re…)
: (You’re both alive… in some other world…)

: Prof. Itsuki, here’s the data gathered from our recent studies of the Mutron ruins.
: Ah, yes… Apologies for having you bring them all the way here.
: So, how’re the results?
: Nothing whatsoever… Seems like it’s another failure.
: Really…
: Don’t let it get to you, Akira. None of this means the Star of La Mu has been destroyed…
: While it’s not in its original home, I think there’s a good chance it simply changed forms and is tucked away somewhere out there.
: I agree with him, Akira. The fact that we’re able to live here normally is evidence to that.
: I also don’t think the Star of La Mu disappeared back then.
: And neither did your mother… I’m sure she’s watching over our world.
: Yeah… you’re right. The fact that we’re living here as we are does prove that.

: Hey, Meg. Can you go get me some nails?
: Sorry, uncle – I’m a bit busy now. Can’t you have Haruka help out?
: Oh, she left not too long ago to go grocery shopping.
: Whaat?! But I just bought us groceries!
: Ah, well… I guess she’s skipped out on us.
: Come on… We still have so much that needs to be done and not enough hands at work!
: That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Why don’t we rest for a bit, then?
: No, we can’t, uncle. Our home needs to get fixed ASAP or we’ll be in major trouble next time it rains.
: Besides, wasn’t it you who wanted to stay here in the first place?
: Alright, alright. I guess it’s back to work with us.

: (Ayato… we’re back in Nirai-Kanai. The old TERRA HQ is long gone but… this place still holds so many memories of my time with you, just like Tokyo…)
: Um… Excuse me?
: Could I ask you for some directions?
: Y-You’re…!
: Huh?
: Ah… I-I’m sorry. You just look so much like someone I know…
: Oh…
: Um… Are you from around here?
: No, I just moved in from Tokyo today – that’s why I’m a little lost…
: Really…? I can show you around, then.
: Won’t that be any trouble?
: Not at all… I’m Haruka Shitou. And you are?
: I’m Ayato…
: Ayato Kamina.

: Alright, I’m off, mom! See you later!
: Take care, Hokuto.
: I will!
: Oh, I almost forgot… HQ’s informed that the Dendoh might have a deployment coming up today. Ginga’s already been informed as well.
: Got it. Thanks, mom!

: See you later, Gin!
: See ya!
: Come straight home after school, alright, Gin?
: You’re gonna have to tell that to Chief Shibuya. He just told me we might have stuff to do.
: Hrm, I guess I can’t do anything about that. Then just be careful out there.
: Yes, ma’am!

: Already time for a new school year… The days feel like they’re just rushing by.
: We’re gonna be in junior high real soon, way this is going.
: Heh, it’s a bit hard to believe even…
: Yeah. Wasn’t too long ago when we were fighting with the Magnate Ten.
: Oh, speaking of, we got a message from Altair the other day.
: Really, he called over?
: Hmhmm. His and Subaru’s group have just started agricultural developments in Arktos.
: Agri-Cultural? Is that theater stuff?
: …That head of yours just kills me sometimes.
: Well, sorry.
: Never mind… It looks like Altair’s even using the Ogre to help till the fields, even.
: I… I can’t even imagine how that works.

*Ring, ring!*

: Hokuto, Ginga, do you read me! An SOS just came in!
: A cruise liner just went adrift during a storm, point A1214 in the Pacific Ocean! You’ve to go help them right away!
: Roger that!
: All these deployments are gonna make it real hard to study, you know.
: No complaints, Ginga. Let’s get going!
: Yeah, alright!
: Dendoh – launch!!

: Hey, Rom… Is it really all right for us to leave Earth without telling everyone else?
: This isn’t meant as a permanent farewell; not to mention that they are all busy trailing their own paths. I’d rather not cause any trouble.
: You’re right… They’ve all found new causes to work toward.
: But we’re still going to miss you all after you’re gone.
: Hm… We’d been working together for a very long time now.
: Still, we promise we’ll come back to Earth once we’re certain that Planet Fleed’s revival is going nicely.
: Right. We’ll want to sign a formal friendship treaty between our two planets.
: So it’ll be goodbye but only until then.
: I might show up around there in one of my UFOs even before that.
: What… You’re not actually thinking of going to Planet Fleed in the TFO, right?
: Nah, I’ll use the data I got with that one to build a much bigger one. So I’ll be heading back to the Watson Research Center in the US to work on that.
: And I’ll be coming with you this time.
: Hey, that’s not there! You’re getting a head start on me!
: Relax, Maria. I can postpone this contest of ours until we’re all in Planet Fleed.
: Contest…?
: Just something between us… Though it might be a bit of a lost cause.
: Heheh… Sayaka and Maria have some tough times ahead.
: Very much so.
: And where will you go after you’ve made it to Planet Fleed?
: We’ve discussed this and decided that we’ll stay there to help Duke Fleed in his efforts.
: You’ll work in bringing Planet Fleed back to life, then?
: Yeah. We’re old hands at building cities, hauling stuff around and whatever.
: Oho, I didn’t know that.

*Door opens.*

: Daisuke… the Grendizer is ready to depart.
: Thank you, father… We’ll be on our way, then.
: Hm. Make sure you restore Planet Fleed to its glory.
: Absolutely. That’s my new duty.
: Daisuke… Take these with you.
: Flower seeds…?
: Yes. I’d like these beautiful flowers to bloom throughout Planet Fleed too… And, someday, you can show them to me.
: Alright… It’s a promise, Hikaru.
: I won’t be giving out any farewells today.
: Me neither… I know we’ll meet again.
: Yeah… ‘Til then, you do your best with Daisuke.
: Watch over Earth for us, folks.
: You got it. We’ll make this peace last in preparation for you guys’ eventual return.
: Yeah… That will be our duty from now on.
: My friends… May the guidance of the Wolf Blade lead us towards one another again.
: And always be nice to your brother, alright, Leina?
: Of course. Please stay safe, all of you…
: It’s time for us to set out, then – down our own paths and towards a future brimming with hope…!

: Captain, the Grendizer has just exited the upper atmosphere.
: Send him a signal lamp message. Say “good luck in your future endeavors.”
: Aye, aye.
: Leaving without even saying anything, huh? I suppose that’s just like them.
: Hm… I presume they don’t wish to distract us.
: But I’m confident will see each other again. And outside the battlefield, next time.
: I agree. Regardless, right now our mission is to pick up our new ship. Set a course to the La Vie En Rose.
: La Vie En Rose? But I heard the Ra Cailum’s was undergoing its final checks at Anaheim’s lunar factor.
: Cmdr. Misumaru ordered a few changes to the plans in the interest of saving time. Plus… this would be more convenient for you and Chan, no?
: Don’t poke fun at your subordinate, Bright. And while it’s true that this would let me make good on my promise to her sooner than expected, things are only going to get busier from now on.
: Yeah, you’re right about that… Maintaining peace is much more difficult than earning it.
: And that’s what our new squadron – Londo Bell – is for, right?
: On that subject, is the squad’s composition outlined yet?
: It is. I’m thinking of inviting Maillot’s team to fill in the gap left by Camille and Judau’s crew’s departure.
: I personally don’t have a problem with that… but they are former Giganos soldiers. Adding them in will be a bureaucratic nightmare.
: Not only will they need to be regularized with the army, a whole lot of arrangements will need to be made with the federal government.
: Did you already forget? We’ve an expert consultant to help us with that.
: Ah, right… him.
: Casval Rem Deikun, member of the Federal Parliament.

: It’s almost time, huh, Judau?
: Yeah.
: You’re finally gonna fulfill your dream of going to Jupiter.
: But I’ll be really lonely without you, Roux and the girls around.
: Sure that “relieved” isn’t the world you’re going for?
: Oh, I’m that easy to read?
: Hey! You trying to tell us something?
: Nah, I’m just kidding.
: Do take care out there, brother.
: Yeah, you got it.
: He’ll be alright. Puru Two and I’ll watch his back.
: So don’t worry about anything, Leina.
: OK. I’m counting on you two.
: Judau, we’ve already finished the adjustments to the ZZ and Zeta. Now you just need to switch the manipulator and you’ll be able to make some much more precise actions.
: Much appreciated, Rain.
: You’ll be doing some sort of work over there, Judau?
: Yeah. I’ll be helping build a relay station for the reconstruction of the Hisago Plan.
: Reconstruction…?
: Many of the original Terminal Colonies were destroyed because of the Martian Successors… I heard the aftermath of that conflict has left a lot of problems that still need to be dealt with.
: Yeah but Quattro – sorry, Casval – is the new head honcho of the Hisago Plan… so I figured I oughta go and lend him a hand.
: Besides, if the Hisago Plan is a success, travelling around the Solar System’ll be a whole lot easier.
: Maybe you guys could also make the trip to Jupiter if we get that running?
: Sure, I’d be down with getting back with you guys. You’d be coming with, right, Leina?
: Of course!
: …Ryuzaki, will you be taking part in the next Colonial Tournament?
: Well, about that… The start of the tournament’ll overlap with the start of the third stage of Mars’ terraforming project. I might not be able to enter this year.
: Please, Kazuya… There’s no problem with you taking some time off to come back to Earth.
: Huh?
: All this time, it’s always been you helping me in so many ways… So now it’s my turn to help you back.
: But…
: Don’t worry about it, Kazuya. We’ll back her up while you’re at Earth.
: We will, yes. So why not be a bit selfish once in a blue moon?
: And I’m sure there are a ton of people who’d look forward to seeing a rematch between you and Domon.
: Yep. I think Ginga would be really disappointed if you didn’t enter, for instance.
: There you have it, Kazuya…
: Alright, then. I’ll gladly take you on your offer – many thanks.
: In that case, Ryuzaki, I look forward to our showdown…
: Yeah. We’ll settle the score at the finals.
: Heheheh… Sure you two should be making promises like that?
: Because we, too, will be stepping into that arena…
: So y’all better think again if ya think it’s gonna be smooth sailing to the finals.
: You better ready for the fight of your lives.
: Hm… That is exactly what we want.

: It’s looking like a real party outside.
: Well, we’ll be heading over to Mars and then to Jupiter. Gonna be a while before anyone gets back to the Earth Sphere.
: Yet… The Nadesico A crew didn’t come to see us off.
: Yeah, I asked them not to.
: Ah?
: They’re already back where they belong and busting their asses, so I didn’t wanna dampen the mood with any goodbyes.
: Really now? It’s not like that this time, though.
: Right. We only need to return here and we’ll be able to see them anytime we want.
: Yeah… you got that right.

: It’ll be a long trip ahead of you, Ruri, but I wish you good luck.
: Thanks.
: To be honest, I wanted to be coming along with you but…
: I understand. You should stay here and wait for him.
: …Right.
: And… I want you to take this.
: What is it?
: A recipe Akito left with me. I won’t be back for a while, so…
: Sorry, Ruri. You have to give that back to Akito in person.
: …Alright.
: I’ll see you later, then.
: Yes. See you later.

*Off she goes.*

*Door opens again.*

: What is it, Ruri? You forgot something?
: Yeah.
: I’m here after something I’d forgotten.

: Hugo.
: They decided what to do about that?
: They did. The Tsentr Project is officially suspended and our unit will be sealed away along with it.
: Though the two of us are free to do as we wish, whether that’s staying or quitting the army.
: That’s very generous of them.
: Hm… I think Cpt. Bright and Cmdr. Misumaru pulled quite a few strings to make that happen.
: Hmhmm…
: What are you going to do now?
: I’ll be staying with the army.
: Joining Cpt. Bright’s new Londo Bell squad, then?
No, no. The truth is I’m thinking of taking this invitation I got from Lt. Douglas to work as a cadet instructor.
: I learned so much from Albero and everyone in the Magnate Ten, so I’d like to pass that on to the next generation of pilots.
: I see…
: What about you, Aqua? What’ll you be doing?
: I had thought about going back home… but I had a change of heart with this little talk. I’ll be tagging along with you.
: You sure?
: Yes… I’d like to be an instructor myself.
: I know things with Ms. Mitte went the way they did… and that brought me no shortage of grief…
: But I am who I am today because of the time I spent with her at the academy… So I want to be an instructor whose students can say that about…
: …I understand.
: Besides, we’re still partners. If anything happens, you might need to get back in the Garmraid Blaze again…
: What would you do then if I wasn’t around, hm?
: Yeah, I guess.

MX Version:

: Still, how about you take it easy for a while? Like Akito, your body was only just fixed.
: Nah…
: You know how it is: a bit of crazy can go a long way.

MXP Version:

: Yeah, I guess. And I’ll still need to deal with this pain-in-the-rear end body for a bit more, so I’d really appreciate your help.
: Oh, now what’s this? A rare display of humility from Mr. Hugo Medio?
: I didn’t say that.
: Hahah… well, alright. As always, looking forward to working with you again.
: Yeah… Same here.

:siren: Like with Z, the credits come with its own Jam Project ED theme to a slideshow of CG art.:siren:

And that’s the end of MX and MXP. I confess I’m pleasantly surprised with myself that I managed to blow through this in around six months – that wasn’t the original plan but all’s well that ends well!

I'll be sending this to the LP archive later, after giving it a look over, and then the thread'll be locked.

Special thanks to Caphi and punmaster Hokuto for the various times they gave me their valuable opinions, or listened to me rant about Izumi or Evangelion/RahXephon (seriously, it took me forever to figure out how it all tied together... to a point, not even the JP wiki folks are sure). And, of course, many thanks for everyone who read this over these past months.

Cheers! :toot:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 4, 2017

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Kinda weird they sorta went with the RahXephon movie ending before the movie came out, this version where Harkua actually gets her happy ending is actually less dumb somehow.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

While waiting a turn for everyone to get back, Elde decides to gun straight for Bright.
Figuring it wouldn’t be too bad, I took off Ruri’s support defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfWowTx6Wlo
OW and the Argama is well upgraded!

I think Bright was yelling at you at 0:50.

: What the hell are you doing!?

Montegoraon fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 9, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
And we can mark another SRW off as having a guide for future players to use. Thank you for all the hard work Brunom.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And another mad scientist bites the dust. Shame that Medius Locus Form 3 didn't make the jump to OG, as removing the form kind of breaks up the evolution trend it had going for it. But then again, OG gave us the actual Model X unit discussed here in MX: the Garberus.

Three guesses as to what two robots influenced its design. And the first two don't count.

Oh, and Brunom, IIRC doesn't AI-1/Elde have a unique dialogue line for reducing it down to exactly 1 HP or am I thinking of a different final boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

I think it's never said enough, but thank you for doing an LP of Super Robot Wars MX, Super Robot Wars Z and Super Robot Wars W. Thank you all of your hard work, and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

• Locked thread