Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Dancers

Dancers are good cuz they give you more Options it's not just "give a guy an extra turn" it just opens up possibilities. you lose in arena when you're pinned down and out of choices. And the best option is usually to erase their biggest threat and pick off the others (support, tank) after. So once you identify the threat Azura can just send the proper counter in to erase them. Even if they die in retaliation you're usually set up to finish them off. Azura is particularly good because a dancer is really not worth the slot by herself. Azura is an actual real blue (premium) fighting unit that can kill a bunch of the reds running around out there. That's what makes her worthwhile and one of the best characters in the game. You don't have to sing, you don't have to stab. You have options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyDais
Sep 5, 2016
Hey, apparently the wiki has started adding in max level stats! It's mostly just the top-tier units so far and the data's probably not 100% reliable but hey, progress!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Yeah I was thinking a mounted healer would be pretty nice. And she does have the team wide speed buff. But I'd have to bring her up to 4*. How many feathers is 3-4?

I really wish the feather cost wasn't as ridiculous as it seems

2000 feathers to go from 3* to 4*.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ChronoReverse posted:

Yes! Tactics talk for a tactics game finally.

I think I like my variation tactic of shoving Sheena with Roy to position her more quickly a bit better though. I think it'll allow quicker resolution of the mounted units and then blocking the infantry off will be trivial.

Oh that's a good point! I forgot all about Roy's push ability.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How am I supposed to beat teams with a Takumi in duels if I don't have my own Takumi or Robin??? Yumi Fujin is pretty darn strong!!!

Setsuna (3-4 star bow) gets Bowbreaker which can be pretty great at dealing with him. Even better(?) are the Xraven tomes, which give advantage over all colorless units including bows. Male Robin (blue mage) has one, so do Cecilia (green horse mage) and Henry (red mage) and you can get all of them at 3-4 stars with Robin also at 5.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 9, 2017

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

I just got a 5* Merric, is he any good? How would I even find out?

If you don't have a good archer, he's nice for deleting flyers in addition to blue armored units that might give all the red sword wielders trouble.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ApplesandOranges posted:

She's fine on offense and works really well with other fliers. Takumi destroys her though I believe (I'm not sure she can kill him with the Brave Lance+, but she probably could do it with +Atk boosts from a party). Her main danger is that with the -5 Speed she's prone to getting doubled; not as much as Camilla but the lords could still give her trouble despite the weapon triangle disadvantage. Robin's a nice backup for her with his +Def aura as long as you have someone who can handle Hector/Camilla.

Hinoka is actually exactly as prone to being doubled as Camilla is, and Camilla is more likely to survive it (higher defense and resistance).

The Shortest Path posted:

Setsuna (3-4 star bow) gets Bowbreaker which can be pretty great at dealing with him. Even better(?) are the Xraven tomes, which give advantage over all colorless units including bows. Male Robin (blue mage) has one, so do Cecilia (green horse mage) and Henry (red mage) and you can get all of them at 3-4 stars with Robin also at 5.

You can also get Cecilia for free from the free hero maps. That said, Cecilia has poo poo for defense and speed so Takumi is still going to hurt her really badly in the process of her killing him, if she even can.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
My Takumi is +Res -Speed :negative:

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Phyresis posted:

Dancers

Dancers are good cuz they give you more Options it's not just "give a guy an extra turn" it just opens up possibilities. you lose in arena when you're pinned down and out of choices. And the best option is usually to erase their biggest threat and pick off the others (support, tank) after. So once you identify the threat Azura can just send the proper counter in to erase them. Even if they die in retaliation you're usually set up to finish them off. Azura is particularly good because a dancer is really not worth the slot by herself. Azura is an actual real blue (premium) fighting unit that can kill a bunch of the reds running around out there. That's what makes her worthwhile and one of the best characters in the game. You don't have to sing, you don't have to stab. You have options.

Dancers are absolutely worth a slot by themselves.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I wish they do something about the training ground so I stop getting armors that literally can't be damaged at all.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Echophonic posted:

Today's event hero seems pretty decent, ability-wise. Same bonus against colorless as Robin, an attack boost A, and Escape Route seems pretty cool if it works the way it says.

I'm thinking of benching my Nino and grinding this unit up to 4 stars since she seems to just be a better mage period. Not having Nino's +atk buff aura seems to be an acceptable trade-off.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm thinking of benching my Nino and grinding this unit up to 4 stars since she seems to just be a better mage period. Not having Nino's +atk buff aura seems to be an acceptable trade-off.

I promoted mine to four stars because I still need a cavalry unit for the Lunatic quest, and let me tell you around level 25-ish mine plateaued HARD. She's struggling to 2-shot blues (as in two turn's worth of attacks) , and doing >5 damage to reds/greens while taking 2/3ds of her health in the counterattack really limits her usability.

Edit: Cecilia this is not helping. :mad:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 9, 2017

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

akulanization posted:

Dancers are absolutely worth a slot by themselves.

I will say there are times where Olivia feels like total dead weight, usually in places with tight movement constraints where I'd want to be attacking with her but she can't hit anything worth a drat. Azura happens to also hit like a truck, too bad she's 5 star :(

Having a 5-star Olivia for the max rank of her attack buff would probably be pretty rad though.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
She doesn't have Robin's defenses though, which means Takumi will be able to put a pretty big hole in her before going down. And her bases are on the slow side--I'm not sure if she'll hit 28 speed at 4*, and if she doesn't, she'll still probably lose a shootout with Takumi.

e: regarding cecilia

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Just did the last 5-pull I'm doing before finishing off the castle, got 4* laslow, Clarine, and Gunter, 3* Lissa, and 5* Sheena. I did some missions with her in the party to grind, and holy poo poo is she a blender so far for at level enemies. Even armored units take serviceable damage. How good is she?

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 10, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Literally every 5-star unit is going to do well at low levels because their upgraded weapon is gonna put them like +5 attack ahead of the curve for their level, and that's not including their slightly boosted base stats.

Around 30 is where you'll start to see the playing field level a little because skills and buffs/debuffs will make your upgraded weapon not as much of an advantage (though it still will be) and overall team performance starts to matter more. By 35+ you probably won't be able to one-man army with just any unit, though proper placement and army composition will still get you far.

Except fuckin' Takumi, obviously.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I promoted mine to four stars because I still need a cavalry unit for the Lunatic quest, and let me tell you around level 25-ish mine plateaued HARD. She's struggling to 2-shot blues (as in two turn's worth of attacks) , and doing >5 damage to reds/greens while taking 2/3ds of her health in the counterattack really limits her usability.

Edit: Cecilia this is not helping. :mad:

:stare:

Gonna give her a pass then.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Just did the last 5-pull I'm doing before finishing off the castle, got 4* laslow, Clarine, and Gunter, 3* Lissa, and 5* Sheena. I did some missions with her in the party to grind, and holy poo poo is she a blender so far for at level enemies. Even armored units take serviceable damage. How good is she?

Sheena is fast for an armored unit and relatively tanky, especially against magic (mine has 28 res at level 30). She doesn't hit that hard though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, even at 4* where your stats should be better, Cecilia is weak. I keep her around because I have no green mages but it's usually not even worth it.

And yeah, any measure of a character can only be considered when they're level 30+. By then you're much closer to your max stats and have most of your supplementary skills which are really what makes or breaks a character.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, even at 4* where your stats should be better, Cecilia is weak. I keep her around because I have no green mages but it's usually not even worth it.

And yeah, any measure of a character can only be considered when they're level 30+. By then you're much closer to your max stats and have most of your supplementary skills which are really what makes or breaks a character.

I think that Cecilia's stats are lower since she theoretically should be able to choose her fights very well, but that falls apart since her speed is poor and she doesn't have an offensive proc. Also the pictured Cecilia seems to have gotten kinda screwed, I have one 8 levels lower that's a total of 3 resistance, 3 attack, and 5 hp behind.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 10, 2017

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
How is this combo for a team for PvE and/or PvP:

Lyn
Takumi
Chrom
Sakura

Other 5*'s I have are: Ogma, Nowi, Fae, Merric
Other 4*'s I have are: Draug, Oboro, Gwendolyn, Effie, Catria, Cordelia, Arthur, Frederick, Serra, Clarine

Not gonna list the 3*'s, as there are a ton. Which swaps would you suggest for PvE or PvP? Any that are total trash I should send home?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I am kinda stumped right now. Levelling Takumi is rough because I can't rely on him to 1shot everyone or there's just nothing left to give him experience. I can't beat the last story level either. Arena is also rough because Takumi isn't maxed out and can't carry my team.
Here's my characters (I was just unlocking CorrinF):

I have way too much green stuff. My go to team right now is Takumi, Nowi, Tiki and green person (Beruka->Camilla->Gunter). What should I do?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

s1ppycup posted:

Lyn
Takumi
Chrom
Sakura

Other 4*'s I have are: Draug, Oboro, Gwendolyn, Effie, Catria, Cordelia, Arthur, Frederick, Serra, Clarine

Not gonna list the 3*'s, as there are a ton. Which swaps would you suggest for PvE or PvP? Any that are total trash I should send home?

Having a source of magic damage is valuable (Sakura isn't really enough), especially in PvE. I'd run Nowi or Fae over one of the sword units.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

s1ppycup posted:

Lyn
Takumi
Chrom
Sakura

Robin is likely to have a field day with that lineup. I'd sub in Cordelia for Sakura since Cordelia can instagib Takumi and stands well against Robin a lot of the time.

Edit: Oh poo poo yeah, the magic problem. I'd probably also sub out one of the sword units for a real magic user like Merric since he's green.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
does anyone have Stahl? How is he?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Literally every 5-star unit is going to do well at low levels because their upgraded weapon is gonna put them like +5 attack ahead of the curve for their level, and that's not including their slightly boosted base stats.

Around 30 is where you'll start to see the playing field level a little because skills and buffs/debuffs will make your upgraded weapon not as much of an advantage (though it still will be) and overall team performance starts to matter more. By 35+ you probably won't be able to one-man army with just any unit, though proper placement and army composition will still get you far.

Except fuckin' Takumi, obviously.

Takumi isn't invincible either; if you try to rush a high level map with him he'll maybe kill two of them if you're super lucky. You have to treat him as carefully as any other ranged unit 90% of the time.

Hector is where it's at.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 10, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

Hector is where it's at.

Blast him with a mage and it's done. There is no invincible super hero (but obviously some are much better than others).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ChronoReverse posted:

Blast him with a mage and it's done. There is no invincible super hero (but obviously some are much better than others).

I'm talking about using Hector. He doesn't care about most mages because he one-shots them with his counterattack before they get a second shot off. Only red mages are a major threat.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Hector and Robin make a great duo. I should probably swap either Tiki or Lucia for a support unit though. Tiki has that nice adjacent-heal which circumvents some of the need for a dedicated healer, so maybe Fae or Matthew would be a good swap for Lucina

Spellman
May 31, 2011

With the way they've been giving out feathers, I'm going to be able to upgrade one of my characters soon, so I've got a 4* Camellia ready and waiting for the Arena Battle rewards, which will almost get me there. Today's green badges from the training tower really helped with that. Might need to trade in a few heroes for the remaining feathers, but that gives me a team of Robin, Takumi, Camilla and Marth, which are all pretty decent representatives of their respective color alignments

I actually see the value of Marth now in comparison to Roy, his speed outclasses him significantly and almost everyone that faces Marth gets hit twice, because of his high speed. And I think heroes can teleport to him or something when he's taken damage so yea, he's got some interesting tactical advantages.

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001
Welp.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

quote:

Setup is Main Attacker = Tharja/Nino
Buffer 1 = Ryoma/Matthew/Laslow
Buffer 2 = Azura
Buffer 3 = Olivia/Sharena
At 5* both of Tharja and Nino's weapons get boosted attack based on the bonuses applied to them.
Ryoma/Matthew/Laslow = Hone SPD 3 - SPD +4
Azura = Fortify Res 3 - RES +4
Olivia = Hone ATK 3 - ATK +4
Sharena = Rally ATK - ATK +4 (Doesn't stack with Hone ATK) and Fortify Def 3 - DEF +4
All ATK buffs give doubled effects to Nino and Tharja. Tharja also gets +6 SPD when she initiates combat. What this leads to is these stats assuming +ATK or +SPD of the unit and no merges:
1 Dancer
ATK Tharja = 68 ATK/44 SPD
SPD Tharja = 65 ATK/47 SPD
ATK Nino = 69 ATK/40 SPD
SPD Nino = 66 ATK/43 SPD
2 Dancers
ATK Tharja = 64 ATK/44 SPD
SPD Tharja = 61 ATK/47 SPD
ATK Nino = 65 ATK/40 SPD
SPD Nino = 62 ATK/43 SPD
Also Tharja has Vengeance but I'm unsure if it'll ever go off doing this much damage.
Really stronk Green and Red Tome Users.
EDIT: It also works with Odin. WE HAVE ALL THREE COLORS.
EDIT2: Odin's +7 Attack buff at 50% HP is also doubled. It turns into +14 attack. However Odin's Buff doesn't stack with Hone/Rally ATK.

:staredog:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5t3bao/overpowered_tharjanino_meme_squad/

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Looking for some team advice in my alt account. Takumi and 4* Chrom have been great. As you can see from how much higher their levels are than everyone else, they're carrying me. But the other two spots are pretty rough. Currently, I'm using 4* TikiOld and 4* Roy but I'm not sure that it's a good idea to have three reds. What should I be using until I find some better options?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

You got Donnel.

I've got five golds, and I'm still using a bronze Donnel in the arena, because Donnel gets things done. Blue with a brave weapon means he's useful against reds, which are everywhere. Pullback lets him control enemy positions. And reciprocal aid means that, if nothing else, he can be an emergency health pack for one of your more important units.

Yeehaw.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

You got Donnel.

I've got five golds, and I'm still using a bronze Donnel in the arena, because Donnel gets things done. Blue with a brave weapon means he's useful against reds, which are everywhere. Pullback lets him control enemy positions. And reciprocal aid means that, if nothing else, he can be an emergency health pack for one of your more important units.

Yeehaw.

Really interested in having a healer on my squad. Maybe Donnel is an option, I like that pulling idea

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

How good are Peri and Sheena? I got 5*s of those two.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I finally got a takumi after rerolling for 6 hours today. Now that I know how the end game works I'm definitely maxing out the castle before the orb font runs out.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Philip Rivers posted:

How good are Peri and Sheena? I got 5*s of those two.

Peri is a dedicated skewering machine and it's awesome. She comes with a Killer Lance and can learn Glimmer which will end up being a 2 charge cooldown thanks to the Killer Lance's bonus. She also gets Threaten Def tenderize enemies before she moves in. She's been amazing on my team, she even gets some half-decent RES too but she will absolutely crumble to the wrong end of the weapon triangle.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Peri is a dedicated skewering machine and it's awesome. She comes with a Killer Lance and can learn Glimmer which will end up being a 2 charge cooldown thanks to the Killer Lance's bonus. She also gets Threaten Def tenderize enemies before she moves in. She's been amazing on my team, she even gets some half-decent RES too but she will absolutely crumble to the wrong end of the weapon triangle.

My team right now has Gunter hitting her with Hone Cavalry so she can go to town and it's pretty fun and goofy. Good? Probably not particularly but eh. I probably should have put in the effort to reroll for a Takumi or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

oops