Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There is something very poetic about that tweet, as though it is prescient in more ways than one, in ways yet to be revealed to us.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

spacegoat posted:

edit: gently caress

e: you sons of bitches

:glomp:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's only got one court left where he will lose lol.

Now of course he wins as soon as he oks a terororsit attack

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has the tweetstorm started and what are the projected casualties

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

:bisonyes:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Raged posted:

Has the tweetstorm started and what are the projected casualties

ma bring the herd in, big ones a commin

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/829843463252353024

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

There is something very poetic about that tweet, as though it is prescient in more ways than one, in ways yet to be revealed to us.

yea, it's obvious that the next time someone remotely associated with isis does something in the US, he's going to be all 'SEE, TOLD YA'

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Al! posted:

yeah they're called nazis and if you see any you should punch em

okay, so keep wrist straight, launch fist like rocket, punch through face. I think I got this.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

where is that loving trump tweet gif

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

Now of course he wins as soon as he oks a terororsit attack

Pretty much.

"See, I told you :smuggo:" as insensitively as possible in the most Trumpian way possible while the bodycount piles up because of a national security oversight because he's a illiterate cockwomble who was too busy playing golf and drinking piss than reading a national security debrief.

And then the narrative is pushed. I'm starting to think if this is some kind of 11th dimension chess by Bannon...

Bring out the corkboard and yarn and thumbtacks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My god This news day

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Inadequate Areolas posted:

okay, so keep wrist straight, launch fist like rocket, punch through face. I think I got this.

dont forget to aim for the jaw!!!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/vijaytowers/status/829834870780284928

:psyduck:

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
nice meltdown, mr. president sir

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/pullahoko/status/829840557681815553

e:fb

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/patlewis/status/829521166364790784

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

Pretty much.

"See, I told you :smuggo:" as insensitively as possible in the most Trumpian way possible while the bodycount piles up because of a national security insight because he's a illiterate cockwomble who was too busy playing golf and drinking piss than reading a national security debrief.

"I told you so" is the most powerful statement in politics

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Mo_Steel posted:

e: you sons of bitches

:glomp:

:hfive:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

I think this is wrong, this was just an appeal on the temporary restraining order on the executive order(keyword temporary). The lawsuit itself is still in the WA federal district court so assuming the whole EO is struck down in district court, then they have to appeal that decision at the US circuit court of appeals again, and then if they lose there they can go to supreme court if they want.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

note that trump's entire legal strategy is "drag out case until opponent can't pay for it anymore"

note that trump's opponent in this case is himself

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Remember when 9/11 happened and the first thing Donald Trump said was "now my building is taller"

he president now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

separated at barth

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

My god This news day

it's pretty great, I feel bad for Spicer tomorrow

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

where is that loving trump tweet gif

:regd08:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

The Government contends that the district court lacked authority to enjoin enforcement of the Executive Order because the President has “unreviewable authority to suspend the admission of any class of aliens.” The Government does not merely argue that courts owe substantial deference to the immigration and national security policy determinations of the political branches—an uncontroversial principle that is well-grounded in our jurisprudence. See, e.g., Cardenas v. United States, 826 F.3d 1164, 1169 (9th Cir. 2016) (recognizing that “the power to expel or exclude aliens [is] a fundamental sovereign attribute exercised by the government’s political departments largely immune from judicial control” (quoting Fiallo v. Bell, 430 U.S. 787, 792 (1977))); see also Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project, 561 U.S. 1, 33-34 (2010) (explaining that courts should defer to the political branches with respect to national security and foreign relations). Instead, the Government has taken the position that the President’s decisions about immigration policy, particularly when motivated by national security concerns, are unreviewable, even if those actions potentially contravene constitutional rights and protections. The Government indeed asserts that it violates separation of powers for the judiciary to entertain a constitutional challenge to executive actions such as this one.

There is no precedent to support this claimed unreviewability, which runs contrary to the fundamental
structure of our constitutional democracy.

quote:

The Government has pointed to no evidence that any alien from any of the countries named in the Order has perpetrated a terrorist attack in the United States. Rather than present evidence to explain the need for the Executive Order, the Government has taken the position that we must not review its decision at all. We disagree, as explained above.

holy lol

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Just wait until Trump, in the ultimate deal attempt, signs an EO instructing all customs and intelligence agencies to stop trying to catch people.

The EO will read "you let these people in, now deal with it".

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/829843779259621377

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
so, is there a way to appeal this?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

note that trump's entire legal strategy is "drag out case until opponent can't pay for it anymore"

note that trump's opponent in this case is himself

oh my god I just realized that he doesn't understand this. He literally thinks he can bankrupt the federal government in court to force a settlement and claim he never lost...

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/829842119283990529

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/829842906391289857

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/829839615804727299

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Make Ted Cruz do it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

thread title pls

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Remember when 9/11 happened and the first thing Donald Trump said was "now my building is taller"

he president now

i was gonna ask you to link the tweet but then i realized

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

oliwan posted:

so, is there a way to appeal this?

Yes. And not only that, but this is only a judgement on the temporary stay itself. The underlying Constitutionality still has to argued, if I understand correctly.

• Locked thread