Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well if you started it last night you can probably see everything there is to see by this evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ps I think the new Zelda game looks cool as poo poo but I'd never buy a Nintendo console for it. I wonder what their cost analyses are like regarding potential sales on other consoles.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ps I think the new Zelda game looks cool as poo poo but I'd never buy a Nintendo console for it. I wonder what their cost analyses are like regarding potential sales on other consoles.

I hear Pachinko machines are quite lucrative...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I heard pachinko is trending down

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Konami doing a HD update of Snake Eater for pachinko machines is a crime against art.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Play Horizon Zero Dawn with like a Triforce taped to your television, they are basically the same game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nioh has caltrops. Every game should have caltrops but I can only off the top of my head think of this and the original Shadow Warrior.

Tenchu...the originator!

Word on the street is that Acquire got the rights to Tenchu back...but I guess they're just sitting on that poo poo.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Does anyone know where I can find the Playstation Online avatars?

There is this comet avatar that is real minimalist and it's kinda cute and I want it here :shobon:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

I own a WiiU and, while some of the exclusives are very fun and well done, I regret purchasing it. So I'm gonna wait and see on the Switch.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Anyone here play Let it Die and like to talk about it? Seems like the thread is more or less dead except for a poster or two that reply. I understand the shortcomings of the game but I'm still having a lot of fun with it at the moment.

Also, $48 for a new physical copy of Nioh off Amazon? Yes please! If it wasn't the souls like combat that drew me in, it was being Japanese as hell minus the creepy fan service. Though I do have a slight fear that Nioh might turn out like another Lords of the Fallen (which I don't really know what happened to that game, people seemed excited for a new souls-like to play) but I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.

Also, for anyone who had any bets, I haven't touched Destiny since the beginning of December. It's nearly impossible to get invested in it again with Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Let it Die and playing through a ton of my backlog right now like a higher difficulty run of Last of Us, Uncharted, and soon Metro Collection.

I wish Uncharted 4 would go down in price, I really want it, just not $60 want.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am by no means saying the new Zelda won't be good, but when people talk about it being so amazing looking I kind of can't help but wonder what specifically looks so amazing about it. Or is the concept of a new Zelda game the amazing part? I haven't seen anything too exciting in the videos they have shown. poo poo, the first video they showed literally nothing happened. Just link running around a totally barren last gen looking landscape for 2 minutes and everyone was like "WOAHHH HOLY poo poo MIND BLOWING!" It looks aight I guess.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Having spent the same amount of time in nioh and Lords of the fallen, nioh is like ten times better.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I am by no means saying the new Zelda won't be good, but when people talk about it being so amazing looking I kind of can't help but wonder what specifically looks so amazing about it. Or is the concept of a new Zelda game the amazing part? I haven't seen anything too exciting in the videos they have shown. poo poo, the first video they showed literally nothing happened. Just link running around a totally barren last gen looking landscape for 2 minutes and everyone was like "WOAHHH HOLY poo poo MIND BLOWING!" It looks aight I guess.

Also it will be 720p sub-30fps

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

It looked like a mix between SOTC and a souls game for me. Bear in mind this was my impression from watching some gameplay, I don't care enough to see it that's actually what it's like.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

It's apparently a massive area but the Switch's cartridge limit is I think 16gb so that's gonna be a lot of empty space. One of the things I liked about Zelda so far is that almost every place has a purpose.

Edit: I never played the sky one so maybe they already did away with that, I dunno.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 10, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wasn't it rumored that they removed a bunch of stuff from that area being demoed in order to "preserve the wonder" or something like that

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The new Zelda looks like it has that annoying weapon durability poo poo from the first Dark Cloud game. Things look like they break incredibly fast.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is there a hard more where I have to eat food on a scheduled clockwork cycle to survive/keep playing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

You know what doesn't have weapon durability? Nioh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya but what kind of realism is that

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

It's a new Zelda that's inspired by the design of Zelda 1, which was way more open than even most modern open world games. And Nintendo doesn't jump on genre bandwagons without doing novel things with them (online shooter: Splatoon, RTS: Pikmin, etc.), so this has the prospect of being an open world fantasy RPG where the world and gameplay is actually interesting. Just knowing that Nintendo is making a game in a genre that I feel deserves much better than it usually gets is enough to make me hype.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The new Zelda just keeps giving me the "Early access survival game" feeling that I can't shake and worries me. I thought that there was a rumor that they were cancelling the wii u version to sell more Switch consoles?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Standing by for the inevitable "IDK I just like it a lot more than witcher 3 I mean /shrug I just do it's my opinion" posts before it disappears in a month.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Also part of my hype is that Zelda has become increasingly didactic and hand-holdy with every game, and BotW seems to move in totally the opposite direction. Skyward Sword is the only Zelda game I've picked up and never finished, I got so loving sick of all the instruction and tutorial poo poo. I don't think I made it much further than the first on-planet dungeon.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Never been into the art style for the Zelda series. Not interested in the slightest.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
LttP and LBW are really good and fun games. Never got into the 3D zeldas though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jimbot posted:

The new Zelda looks like it has that annoying weapon durability poo poo from the first Dark Cloud game. Things look like they break incredibly fast.

The general inference has been you'll get better gear as you go, especially considering what we've seen in the demos has been merely stuff like rusty swords, broken fire wands, and mere moblin-crafted weaponry.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone else having issues with the automatic prompt for password reset not sending you an email?

Called tech support who said they'd manually send one, could take 12-24 hours, still no reset.

Accounts are locked out messenger and ps4 console till its resolved.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Who is the artist for the score screen music in Future Tone

Song is called Doitagain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The general inference has been you'll get better gear as you go, especially considering what we've seen in the demos has been merely stuff like rusty swords, broken fire wands, and mere moblin-crafted weaponry.

if the master sword has durability i will be very salty

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Ularg posted:

Anyone here play Let it Die and like to talk about it? Seems like the thread is more or less dead except for a poster or two that reply. I understand the shortcomings of the game but I'm still having a lot of fun with it at the moment.

Also, $48 for a new physical copy of Nioh off Amazon? Yes please! If it wasn't the souls like combat that drew me in, it was being Japanese as hell minus the creepy fan service. Though I do have a slight fear that Nioh might turn out like another Lords of the Fallen (which I don't really know what happened to that game, people seemed excited for a new souls-like to play) but I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.

Also, for anyone who had any bets, I haven't touched Destiny since the beginning of December. It's nearly impossible to get invested in it again with Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Let it Die and playing through a ton of my backlog right now like a higher difficulty run of Last of Us, Uncharted, and soon Metro Collection.

I wish Uncharted 4 would go down in price, I really want it, just not $60 want.

Nioh is roughly 14,000 times better then Lords of the Fallen I'm breaking out in hives now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

verbal enema posted:

Who is the artist for the score screen music in Future Tone

Song is called Doitagain

Some youtube rip credits it to 円盤P (Enban-P)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

It probably looks amazing if you only play Nintendo games I guess. They haven't experienced open world games yet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It probably looks amazing if you only play Nintendo games I guess. They haven't experienced open world games yet.

Uh. I mean, Xenoblade for one thing. It's not like the Wii U didn't have any. I mean hell, it launched with ports of Arkham City and AC4.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Uh. I mean, Xenoblade for one thing. It's not like the Wii U didn't have any. I mean hell, it launched with ports of Arkham City and AC4.
Excuse me this is no place for your facts

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Excuse me this is no place for your facts

:smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XCX is not very good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

XCX is not very good.

The main story is an utter turd, but there's a good 50-70 hours of sidequesting with legit-good writing.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

if the master sword has durability i will be very salty

If it had durability, I'd think it would've already broken a few games ago. They'll probably bury you in low-to-medium durability weapons until you get the unbreakable Master Sword like halfway through, and it'll feel all badass and legendary and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

kirbysuperstar posted:

Some youtube rip credits it to 円盤P (Enban-P)

Yeah I wanted to jam that at work but I was closing and forgot to check on an answer :c

E: that song is soooo good