Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

ShutteredIn posted:

Is it denim?

I want too die

This is a good flow chart. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Makes sense to me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/HoustonDynamo/status/829843590528585730

Sure is orange

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Chara with a red after the Video Assistant Referee determined his flying elbow deserved a red. Other than that hiccup, good goals in this preseason game between Portland and RSL.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

El Jebus posted:

Chara with a red after the Video Assistant Referee determined his flying elbow deserved a red. Other than that hiccup, good goals in this preseason game between Portland and RSL.

Chara leading with an elbow? I'm shocked and surprised that such an upstanding citizen would do something like that. Next thing I know you'll tell me that Dempsey likes slapping players in the crotch or something equally outrageous.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

binge crotching posted:

Chara leading with an elbow? I'm shocked and surprised that such an upstanding citizen would do something like that. Next thing I know you'll tell me that Dempsey likes slapping players in the crotch or something equally outrageous.

Yeah, the only surprising thing about it was it took so long. Boy, Chara and Guzman on the same team this season is going to lead to a lot of games like tonight.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

El Jebus posted:

Completely broke up the flow of the game. I am generally for VAR, but the format of field ref heading to the sidelines to look into the camera is BAD. Took seemingly forever and nobody in the stands had any idea what was happening until we looked at our phones.

Glad to get back to Providence Park last night, going to see them play against Minnesota as well on Sunday. As expected, Timbers are making a lot chances, but Ridgy had better gel with whomever they bring in FAST or it will be another 0-for-March.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Welcome to GBS posted:

Completely broke up the flow of the game. I am generally for VAR, but the format of field ref heading to the sidelines to look into the camera is BAD. Took seemingly forever and nobody in the stands had any idea what was happening until we looked at our phones.

Glad to get back to Providence Park last night, going to see them play against Minnesota as well on Sunday. As expected, Timbers are making a lot chances, but Ridgy had better gel with whomever they bring in FAST or it will be another 0-for-March.

Agreed. I think it's a good idea, but it was nothing but complaints from inside the stadium. I don't think the players knew, either. They should put VAR up on the big screens so everyone can see what the ref is looking at when he goes to the camera. I also think the ref wouldn't have double checked if it wasn't a red card, because the AR has already told him he missed a red/goal/PK/punished the wrong player.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC's away kit leaked, it's ugly and I'm not gonna buy it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Putting the replay up on the board for everyone to watch makes way too much sense. Although it's what they do in the NFL, so maybe Garber would actually like it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

binge crotching posted:

Putting the replay up on the board for everyone to watch makes way too much sense. Although it's what they do in the NFL, so maybe Garber would actually like it.

Pretty sure they do this in the AFL, too.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/jenkifoci/status/830135908959662080

Nemeth apparently wants to come back to SKC. You guys should take him back if the MLS player rules will allow it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Maxi Moralez is signing with NYCFC according to ESPN. He'll probably be quite good in MLS, and is actually shorter than Giovinco.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

More like Mini Moralez then isn't he.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

More like Mini Moralez then isn't he.

:pram:

He is pretty ok though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Your Boy Fancy posted:

DC's away kit leaked, it's ugly and I'm not gonna buy it.

wow I finally saw it, and yes

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/MLSist/status/830877684045664257

:laffo:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's not like it's untrue.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Fuckin lol

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
C C C UNIT

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fixed.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Really, it's D-oval office-D.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

It's Germany for the oval office, the

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Remember when a big signing was coming to replace Dax

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
at least they've finally owned up to it

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

It's Germany for the oval office, the

i couldn't let this joke die so i opted for a 5 min paint effort

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 13, 2017

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Timbers just subbed the starting 11 into this match at the 60th minute.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Fucitol posted:

lmao

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Fucitol posted:

at least they've finally owned up to it

Wait, when did DC sign Beckerman?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Shouldn't it be 'No taxation without representation'?

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

The Zack posted:

Shouldn't it be 'No taxation without representation'?

No. "Taxation Without Representation" is their motto because they don't have any reps in Congress.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
http://mls.m.teamworkonline.com/Jobdetail.aspx?j=109346

portfolios consisting solely of anime ben franklin get added to their "offer immediately" list.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fucitol posted:

http://mls.m.teamworkonline.com/Jobdetail.aspx?j=109346

portfolios consisting solely of anime ben franklin get added to their "offer immediately" list.

What a joke.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Revs away leaked (apparently). Going full speed ahead with the half-stripe bizness this year I guess. Just waiting to see the home kit now.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
That's a good looking shirt.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shoulda gone for red on the other sleeve too. Fiorentina did a very similar one a few years ago and it was good.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Reported leak of new Sounders alternate, not surprising given the teasers they've put out and mostly confirmed rumors that it'll be a throwback. http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/01/seattle-sounders-2017-away-kit.html?m=1

This is based on a description from someone who has seen it, and not firsthand knowledge. Have to think they'll change the color of the logo to white and cyan, it sticks out too much on the mock-up. Still too early for me to tell whether I'm gonna like it. Although it would definitely look nicer with the star!

Also, reports out there that Freddy Montero is about to sign with the Whitecaps. Bittersweet for Seattle fans for sure, if true. http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/3059918/vancouver-whitecaps-near-deal-to-sign-ex-sounders-forward-fredy-montero-sources

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Official now

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/831852902482268160

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
In other news about returning Sounders: http://deadspin.com/clint-dempsey-cleared-to-return-after-heart-problem-1792373415

Will be fascinating to see how he works with Lodeiro and Morris. Could be fun if he stays healthy/limits his poo poo fits.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

shirts and skins posted:

In other news about returning Sounders: http://deadspin.com/clint-dempsey-cleared-to-return-after-heart-problem-1792373415

Will be fascinating to see how he works with Lodeiro and Morris. Could be fun if he stays healthy/limits his poo poo fits.

As a dude with a heart problem, I was hoping he didn't have something like i do and it makes me happy to see him get back out there, even if he's a dirty, dirty $hittle player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

They looked really great for the few games they were all on the field last fall, so I'm optimistic. As long as Clint's healthy, I think this plucky group of upstarts might really have something this year.

• Locked thread