Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

to be a fly on the wall in the room when he sees this tweet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

FuhrerHat posted:

the year of the four presidents

lol

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

i have a sad feeling that an early loss to the judiciary on the specific topic of immigration and national security is actually a big win for Trump in the long term.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

i have a sad feeling that an early loss to the judiciary on the specific topic of immigration and national security is actually a big win for Trump in the long term.

elaborate because i think you're the only one feeling like this

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

He was always going to be challenged by the courts, it is in his best interest to attack their credibility early. Doing it concerning immigration and national security is absolutely the best issue he could use for this. Even mainstream republicans are fairly comfortable turning away from political norms in favour of creeping authoritarianism when it comes to this issue. Meanwhile, floating a nonsense, bound to fail executive order has established his credibility as the president who tries to do what he promised with a lot of people, even in this thread that is critical of him. Seeing as immigration isn't a real problem he can then float a weaker solution that does nothing, and simultaneously declare it a success while responding to criticism by saying "well you all saw what I wanted to do but they didn't let me".

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

He was always going to be challenged by the courts, it is in his best interest to attack their credibility early. Doing it concerning immigration and national security is absolutely the best issue he could use for this. Even mainstream republicans are fairly comfortable turning away from political norms in favour of creeping authoritarianism when it comes to this issue. Meanwhile, floating a nonsense, bound to fail executive order has established his credibility as the president who tries to do what he promised with a lot of people, even in this thread that is critical of him. Seeing as immigration isn't a real problem he can then float a weaker solution that does nothing, and simultaneously declare it a success while responding to criticism by saying "well you all saw what I wanted to do but they didn't let me".

agreed about the part of raising his credibility, disagree about the part of attacking the courts credibility. every single interaction has just him being clowned on and turned into a whiny baby pisslord.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lollin

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Moon Atari posted:

I see where you're going here and would agree if it were a more competent political operator. But because his every reaction to defeat is to throw a bigger tantrum he just alienates more people. At some point I almost guarantee the Democrats and Republicans are going to realize that this guy is a danger to everything he touches and throw him out. And while I know that at least 1/3rd of America is dumb enough to vote for him, I think that the other 2/3rds wouldn't put up with this very long either.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Rest impeach Easy D

Poz Party Pooper
Feb 16, 2014

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Not Trump but still lol at that old horndog.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Moon Atari posted:

lo... lol?

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe

Moon Atari posted:

Lol if you think anything in the Trump White House is even remotely close to this well thought out.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Perromancer posted:

Lol if you think anything in the Trump White House is even remotely close to this well thought out.

Nodding and agreeing insanely.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he is definitely gonna be impeached and it doesn't even matter if there are any grounds for the impeachment. once he testifies he will perjure himself dozens of times over trivial bullshit and then cry about it on twitter.

lol i'm really, really looking forward to that and i hope it is very long, drawn out and embarrassing for everyone involved.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

morning lol

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol the republicans were so bitter about 8 years of Obama's black rear end being the democrat president that they hitched their horse to Trump.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he is definitely gonna be impeached and it doesn't even matter if there are any grounds for the impeachment. once he testifies he will perjure himself dozens of times over trivial bullshit and then cry about it on twitter.

lol i'm really, really looking forward to that and i hope it is very long, drawn out and embarrassing for everyone involved.

he would have to do something pretty extreme for a republican majority congress to impeach him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jose posted:

he would have to do something pretty extreme for a republican majority congress to impeach him

see, you are saying that like it is some crazy unlikely event

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
republicans are mostly extremists tho

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
trump will be an anchor around the neck of the GOP and we'll all be better off for having him in the White House.

Ah who am I kidding the opposition is the Democratic Party, who lost to this literal retard in the first place

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It is pretty funny that Bannon has had all this time to plot the Fourth Reich and this is his implementation lol

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this congress ain't impeaching trump

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

republicans are mostly extremists tho

which is why they'd much rather have mike "sharia christian fundamentalist law" pence

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Trump's voting base for the most part thinks that his administration has been one giant slam dunk after another, so congresspeople aren't going to cross him because if the do they'll get primaried. We're stuck with this clown until 2020 because ain't no way the democrats seize control of both the house and the senate in 2018 and run him out before the next presidential election

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
8 years a piss slave

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
president donald trump lmao

:peanut:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Eh, Trump may actually break enough laws to where there is no choice.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

proof of concept posted:

president donald trump lmao

:peanut:

lol

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

quote:

POTUS encouraged Kellyanne to push Ivanka clothing in interview, but later said she'd be fired if she makes another mistake like that.

quote:

Spicer is already burning out. Been carrying double load, but greatest stressor is having to paint over obvious lies and absurdities.

How much longer until they just say "gently caress it" and give up?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lol, Spicer is basically worn out 3 weeks in. That'd be such an exhausting job.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

He may be motivated by the real chance that he could end up leading the US soon.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

If he eats Trump's gall bladder he will gain his terrible power

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

I'm confused. She lost to Obama and Trump, who's #3?

cnut
May 3, 2016

Zorodius posted:

:boom:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Zorodius posted:

i kinda wish trump would copy this and tweet it at hillary cuz drat :eyepop:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/830030444989136896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

old bitch has made the tweet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/830042498806460417

LAWFARE

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S DONALD TRUMP'S INNAUGURATION AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DONALD J TRUMP. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NEGRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY AVOIDED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS WHITE COLLAR PRISONS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
oh and lol too guys i just came here to say these two things thanks