Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I think that is the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I just finished the new version of the Hatsu and frankly it wasnt that bad. Certainly not a great ship, but the Shiriappleby or whatever that follows it is a ton better than the old Hatsu at tier 7.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The madness. Make it stop. Please. :negative:

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Great adrenaline calculator here, for every %: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PgHk7hXWkpsisRLe-5-9GDw15HkPz79zU1neFaPxkv8/edit#gid=0

Also, the update on the asian server included a curse filter that seems to filter out most chat as cursing:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Going by Deadwood, everything the celestials say is cursing, so that checks out

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Hey Guido, told you it was my lucky boat:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pacra posted:

Great adrenaline calculator here, for every %: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PgHk7hXWkpsisRLe-5-9GDw15HkPz79zU1neFaPxkv8/edit#gid=0

Also, the update on the asian server included a curse filter that seems to filter out most chat as cursing:

Our asterisks are almost as sacred as our squares.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

My Missouri win rate is down the drain at the moment because pubbies are so bad :smith:

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Aesis posted:

My Missouri win rate is down the drain at the moment because pubbies are so bad :smith:

Carry harder. I did finally get on a great team last night. We rolled over the pubbies because everyone pushed together on one side of two brothers. It helped that I deleted a New Mexico in a single volley with the Fuso, but he was asking for it (broadside at 9KM with plenty of time to get the speed correct).

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Aesis posted:

I managed to take a chunk off my Missouri average damage last night. It was a weird night for me. I played it most of the evening because I needed to print some credits, and the first half of the evening was me squeezing out acceptable performance games but mostly losses thanks to teams literally getting cut in half within the first 5 min of the match or being ahead and seeing the team inexplicably decide to throw the match. Second half I finally started racking up some wins, I positioned pretty well and supported the points I needed to support but I just was not performing well damage-wise. I think the teams from the first half broke me.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
First game in my Maass, I head towards the cap I'm close to. Then a huge group of planes shows up heading in my direction, so I turn to avoid them, get spotted by them and target symbol says 5 ships aiming at me. A Fletch and a Z-23 suddenly materialize and I just see a wall of shells coming over a low island. I hit smoke, but I'm moving too fast to get fully hidden by it, but there is a plane near me anyway. Couple seconds later, I'm dead. Time in match, 2 minutes, 2 shots fired, 0 hit. From the map, it looked like 2/3s of the enemy team was near me.

Great start on that ship.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

So I'm getting ready for ranked, and I just noticed my Sims doesn't have a premium camouflage. Is it just built into the ship? I don't think I've seen another premium ship without premium camo.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ranbo das posted:

So I'm getting ready for ranked, and I just noticed my Sims doesn't have a premium camouflage. Is it just built into the ship? I don't think I've seen another premium ship without premium camo.

No, several patches ago, they turned auto supply off for some reason. Go into exterior -> camo and it'll be the first entry top left. Camo is called Type10 - Sims. The description should say it won't cost you anything to auto resupply.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

No, several patches ago, they turned auto supply off for some reason. Go into exterior -> camo and it'll be the first entry top left. Camo is called Type10 - Sims. The description should say it won't cost you anything to auto resupply.

Oh no I understand where to find them, I'm saying no such camo exists for me.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

ranbo das posted:

Oh no I understand where to find them, I'm saying no such camo exists for me.

That does sound weird, maybe submit a support ticket. Every premium I've ever bought came with one and even with the new inventory thingy you can't screw up and sell it.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Thundercakes posted:

That does sound weird, maybe submit a support ticket. Every premium I've ever bought came with one and even with the new inventory thingy you can't screw up and sell it.

Yeah I submitted a ticket. Just for reference here is the image I attached.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

The Blys with IFHE is....a lot of fun.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

ranbo das posted:

Yeah I submitted a ticket. Just for reference here is the image I attached.

That's hosed up. Hope they fix it for you.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Durendal posted:

That's hosed up. Hope they fix it for you.

Official Wargaming Response:

"Upon checking, we could that these ships do not have any permanent camouflage with them. Unless it is stated, Premium ships does not have permanent camouflage."

So guess not.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ranbo das posted:

"Upon checking, we could that these ships do not have any permanent camouflage with them. Unless it is stated, Premium ships does not have permanent camouflage."

So guess not.

uh no, they are being retarded. Ask them about the "type10-sims" camo that comes with the ship. The one you clearly don't have.

If they continue to argue against it, then ask them for a refund. I've had my camo since I got it as a preorder ship. If this is from preorder, then it'll be time to show them the page where it said you got a unique skin.

All premium ships have a unique skin. It was later revised to be called camo when that system was added.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Yeah they're wrong and you need to follow up. Wargaming customer support is notoriously terrible.

You should have gotten Type 10-Sims camo when you bought the ship, even as a preorder.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

uh no, they are being retarded. Ask them about the "type10-sims" camo that comes with the ship. The one you clearly don't have.

If they continue to argue against it, then ask them for a refund. I've had my camo since I got it as a preorder ship. If this is from preorder, then it'll be time to show them the page where it said you got a unique skin.

All premium ships have a unique skin. It was later revised to be called camo when that system was added.

I know, I sent them screenshots of the store where it clearly states that it's sold with camo and the wiki where it also mentions the camo. If that fails I'll go the PR route by shitposting on reddit, because bad PR seems to be basically the only way to get a response. If that doesn't work I'll start asking for refunds.

Also, it turns out it's not just the Sims. Its the Sims, Murmansk, Diana, Yubari, and Gremy.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

ranbo das posted:

I know, I sent them screenshots of the store where it clearly states that it's sold with camo and the wiki where it also mentions the camo. If that fails I'll go the PR route by shitposting on reddit, because bad PR seems to be basically the only way to get a response. If that doesn't work I'll start asking for refunds.

Also, it turns out it's not just the Sims. Its the Sims, Murmansk, Diana, Yubari, and Gremy.

Is it even possible to get the ships without the camo? Even if you get them through ingame means they always come with one as far as I know.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

ranbo das posted:

So guess not.

lmao what a loving load of bullshit. Do they specifically try to recruit the most retarded customer support people? I'd ask them to name a single premium ship that doesn't come with a camo.

Thundercakes posted:

Is it even possible to get the ships without the camo? Even if you get them through ingame means they always come with one as far as I know.

Yeah I think it's literally impossible to acquire those ships without the permanent camo.

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 9, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Customer Support reflects leadership

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Just saw a Sims wearing Type 10 paint, so at least they haven't removed it from the game. All of my premiums, including Murmansk, still have their correct camos.

:wargaming:

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

El Disco posted:

lmao what a loving load of bullshit. Do they specifically try to recruit the most retarded customer support people? I'd ask them to name a single premium ship that doesn't come with a camo.

More likely they hire lazy fucks that figure it's easier to use this strategy for first answer and hope the problem goes away.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

"you purchased a bundle including the USS Sims and the premium camouflage is not included in the bundle and those ships doesn't have the feature to be equipped with permanent camouflage."

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Escalate it. And ask for a manager or you'll contact your bank. Them having money yanked from their accounts usually makes them escalate tickets quick.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ranbo das posted:

"you purchased a bundle including the USS Sims and the premium camouflage is not included in the bundle and those ships doesn't have the feature to be equipped with permanent camouflage."

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/premshop/collectors-gems-preorders/

"Below you will find the galleries of the updated ships, which both come with their own permanent Premium camouflage patterns for free."

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Vengarr posted:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/premshop/collectors-gems-preorders/

"Below you will find the galleries of the updated ships, which both come with their own permanent Premium camouflage patterns for free."

Thank you, lets see what they said

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Has anyone else had the alert sound not play when your base is being captured? Happened to me twice now, first was with no mods installed.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

CitizenKain posted:

First game in my Maass, I head towards the cap I'm close to. Then a huge group of planes shows up heading in my direction, so I turn to avoid them, get spotted by them and target symbol says 5 ships aiming at me. A Fletch and a Z-23 suddenly materialize and I just see a wall of shells coming over a low island. I hit smoke, but I'm moving too fast to get fully hidden by it, but there is a plane near me anyway. Couple seconds later, I'm dead. Time in match, 2 minutes, 2 shots fired, 0 hit. From the map, it looked like 2/3s of the enemy team was near me.

Great start on that ship.

The Z1 is a good boat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoZRQhCCN6U

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I'm nearly 3/4 of the way to my Southern Dragon, but I only have the starter Russian boat. What is going to be a quicker grind to tier 5 for Russian, CA or DD?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Oh god I haven't been playing in months and now I'm so out of the loop and suck massively. I feel like I just get brutally owned no matter what I try. And even still I score in the top half of the team more often than not, so I guess that says something about the playerbase.

Anyways, two questions:

1) Are German cruiser HE shells still junk?

2) How do I Gneisenau?

EDIT: also some of these campaign tasks are horseshit. 500 freeXP in a single battle, seriously? "stack every possible XP bonus on top of eachother and hope for a miracle", more like.
EDIT2: Oh right, I forgot about the +300% freeXP signal flags.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 10, 2017

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

I think Valentine's Day camouflage will make all the pubbies shoot you :v:

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Big McHuge posted:

I'm nearly 3/4 of the way to my Southern Dragon, but I only have the starter Russian boat. What is going to be a quicker grind to tier 5 for Russian, CA or DD?

Go CA. The Kirov is one of the best cruisers in the game.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

NTRabbit posted:

On the other hand, Soviet battleships are coming so :shrug:

I've heard of two French lines coming and RN BBs. Haven't heard anything about Soviet BBs. Seems likely though, because they're Russian devs and they'd want to please the Russian player base.

How are they going to fill that one up? I guess they would have some lovely early BBs that actually existed, but other than that I can only think of a few paper things. Not even enough to fill up an entire tree.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Various US BBs with canards stuck to the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Iceshade posted:

I've heard of two French lines coming and RN BBs. Haven't heard anything about Soviet BBs. Seems likely though, because they're Russian devs and they'd want to please the Russian player base.

How are they going to fill that one up? I guess they would have some lovely early BBs that actually existed, but other than that I can only think of a few paper things. Not even enough to fill up an entire tree.

Soviet BBs were shown being worked on in the "What's coming in 2016" video on youtube, and a few of them were named, but because the Russian server joined EU and NA in cracking the shits over yet another Russian paper line being added before the Royal Navy, they got bumped, and we got RN cruisers instead.

When they plan to eventually add them now I don't know, but it'll be a surprise announcement with everyone now fixated on RN BB+DD or BB+CV, and French cruisers.