Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Ben Carson is Fallen Hamprince

Think about it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Yes

it's closer than comparing trump to lenin, trump is much more of a Hindenburg figure what with the senility and all
neither comparison really works, because lenin was also an intellectual, not just a radical, and bannon most definitely is not.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:agreed:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

every internet tankie has some excuse to justify not going out and doing actual work towards a revolution, and 95% of the time it usually involves crippling agoraphobia

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

rudatron posted:

neither comparison really works, because lenin was also an intellectual, not just a radical, and bannon most definitely is not.

bannon is a pseudo-intellectual, the trumpy equivalent of an intellectual, in the same way donald is the trumpy equivalent of a successful businessman. everything in the trump administration is a cardboard version of what it purports to be

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

IDK, Peter Daou has a work ethic. I mean, his job is a big scam but the point is he works.

And Phil doesn't?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

jarofpiss posted:

why can't that guy work or go to meetings? i don't follow left twitter

i dunno he might have legit disability it was just a very funny tweet + reply

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

:yeah:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

China Miéville is a hero.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

WarEternal posted:

China Miéville is a hero.

I love the ideas and concepts and imagery of the bas-lag / Perdido Street Station series, and I can look at his writing and be like "Yep, that is good writing", but I just can't stand his books. Something about the tone, or the style, is just aesthetically bothering to me; I think its like how you can appreciate the artistry and skill in a dish of food, but not actually like the taste. Maybe I'll like the BBC 2 version of The City & the City? Different medium might help.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Trumpenproletariat posted:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and seize the means of production...

And I'm all outta gum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Is this guy really The Saurus, or does he just post like him?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Laphroaig posted:

I love the ideas and concepts and imagery of the bas-lag / Perdido Street Station series, and I can look at his writing and be like "Yep, that is good writing", but I just can't stand his books. Something about the tone, or the style, is just aesthetically bothering to me; I think its like how you can appreciate the artistry and skill in a dish of food, but not actually like the taste. Maybe I'll like the BBC 2 version of The City & the City? Different medium might help.

i have a friend who's like this with PSS

imo mieville just loves the grotesque and gross and evokes it so well it triggers some people's actual disgust circuits

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/ShitpostBot5000/status/829215876725497857

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jarofpiss posted:

why can't that guy work or go to meetings? i don't follow left twitter

He's the kind of leftist that wants to ride a NPO ticket to the middle class instead of doing something

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Garry Parrish posted:

He's the kind of leftist that wants to ride a NPO ticket to the middle class instead of doing something

If that were true I doubt he'd have the pro-assad position that he seems to.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
even your loving memes are prolix as gently caress

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I still don't know what a tankie is, except a thing people call communists online sometimes.

someone who supports sending in the tanks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_Revolution_of_1956

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Baloogan posted:

even your loving memes are prolix as gently caress

CSPAM International: even our loving memes are prolix!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if you can't explain your poo poo in 1-2 sylabel words and in 140 characters you are never loving ever going to implement a drat thing

you guys encrypt your poo poo in stupid loan words that are utterly meaningless (and foreign sounding!) to anyone who hasn't drunk the coolaid

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Language policing from the guy with the fasces icon, eh?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

*extremely anglo voice* the boo er goo aaase

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

*extremely uncle Vito voice* DA GABBAGOOL

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

The booger geese.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prol-tariet.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Prav posted:

*extremely anglo voice* the boo er goo aaase

But seriously how did nobody ever come up with a decent English version of "Bourgeoise"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

they did: "bougie"

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

if you can't explain your poo poo in 1-2 sylabel words and in 140 characters you are never loving ever going to implement a drat thing

you guys encrypt your poo poo in stupid loan words that are utterly meaningless (and foreign sounding!) to anyone who hasn't drunk the coolaid
rich fucks cuck the workers by taking their jobs' surplus monies

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's free real estate

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Haha why can't you explain serious policy decisions in 140 letters like daddy trump.??

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Karl Marx posted:

What if people with loads of money are the ones leeching off of hard-working folks??

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 11, 2017

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
So what you're saying is we need to run Capital through Thing Explainer?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Karl Marx, Capital Vol 1 posted:

The wealth of those societies in which the capitalist mode of production prevails, presents itself as “an immense accumulation of commodities,”[1] its unit being a single commodity. Our investigation must therefore begin with the analysis of a commodity.

A commodity is, in the first place, an object outside us, a thing that by its properties satisfies human wants of some sort or another. The nature of such wants, whether, for instance, they spring from the stomach or from fancy, makes no difference.[2] Neither are we here concerned to know how the object satisfies these wants, whether directly as means of subsistence, or indirectly as means of production.

Simple Writer posted:

You Used Some Less Simple Words:

wealth societies capitalist mode production prevails presents immense accumulation commodities unit commodity investigation therefore analysis object properties satisfies nature instance fancy difference Neither concerned directly subsistence indirectly

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Well, Capital is a scientific text of economics. He also wrote the Manifesto which is a bunch of short, quotable maxims that work pretty well in tweet form.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Capitalism = :sad:

Communism = :smugdon:

OK?

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

get that OUT of my face posted:

every internet tankie has some excuse to justify not going out and doing actual work towards a revolution, and 95% of the time it usually involves crippling agoraphobia

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

used to be you needed secret police to detain marxists in underground cells, now with the wonders of the internet they do it themselves, for free

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

drat, people are still passing around this post? Give it a rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Baloogan posted:

look, I can do it in 140 characters

it just takes four tweets to do it, goddamnit

(but they are all individual statements!)